[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey all, Any Bobcat hunters going out this fall? Are there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17

File: 2012-01-03161309.jpg (142KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2012-01-03161309.jpg
142KB, 768x1024px
Hey all,

Any Bobcat hunters going out this fall? Are there any even on this board? Let's share stories and pictures of our hunts/families/kills. I'll begin. This was my daughter and a cat we got out in western md 3-4 years ago.
>>
>>2200651
I'm 99% sure this belongs on >>>/out/
>>
>>2200660
Been on/off since the hal turner raids and I didn't even know that board existed. Must be new.

I suppose we could talk strategy killing the pests/animal control measures here I suppose. They generally have a foul temperment.
>>
>>2200651
How old is she now?
>>
>pests
>Bobcats
fuck right off you stupid hick
>>
Aren't bobcats extremely shy, stay away from human settlements and in general you will only ever 'hear' them rather than ever see one unless you set out traps?
Bobcats live here. In all my 20 years of camping and hunting, I've never seen a live bobcat. Not against hunting them but they are by no means a pest.
>>
>>2200685
If you don't have anything nice to say dude...
>>
this is the animals board, for people who like animals

there is a different board for people who like to kill animals

>>/b/
>>
>>2200690
I thought you said you've been on 4chan before?
>>
>>2200702
For a long time. Saying things like that and cursing is just purposefully trying to degrade the conversation of the thread.

>>2200693
So where would I go to talk about feeder mice/rats/rabbits/guinea pigs for my snakes?

Life, death, hunting is all just life dude. Don't get all worked up about nothing.
>>
>inb4 300 replies
>>
>>2200693
What about the 50 threads about killing cats?
>>
>>2200703
Have to agree this might be a better post for /out/. We're not really into hunting. More their thing. Sure there are some /an/ons that hunt, but I imagine you'll have a better conversation over with /out/ than us.
>>
>>2200651
/an/ is usually more for hunting overpopulated species and invasive species. Bobcats are neither.
>>
>hunting bobcats
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2200713
Say that to my dead rhode island reds years ago. They are pests and should be controlled.
>>
>>2200703
>degrade the conversation of the thread.
it's about killing bobcats and started by an illiterate (I visiting your R_______ R_________ breeding page, misspellings and eggcorns everywhere)
>>
>>2200719
If you leave food out overnight and unattended the name for what eats it is not "pest", it's "animal"
>>
/an/ is generally fine with hunting, even with trophy hunting as long as you are spending the ridiculouse amounts of money and having a portion of that go back into the wildlife. I think your mistake was acting like bobcats are a pest when they are rare and hardly sighted, even if they population is alright. You don't wake up and find them eating your chickens or in your garbage.
>>
>>2200733
No, you wake up with scattered entrails of small animals you use to own.
>>
>>2200733

Not the OP but that's literally how hunting is managed in North America. Hunting Licenses and permits are basically hunting taxes to help conservation efforts. Bag and tag limits are set in accordance to preventing the animal in question from becoming underpopulated or overpopulated. North America relies on hunters to keep populations in check. That applies to bobcats just as well as deer, boar, coyote, and bear.
>>
File: 1471232776983.png (93KB, 529x337px) Image search: [Google]
1471232776983.png
93KB, 529x337px
>>2200651
>Hunting large mammalian carnivores
>>
>>2200693
>there is a different board for people who like to kill animals
The cat general board? Because that's where edgy autists like to spam their lust for killing things.
>>
ITT: 3 rational thinking people and 300 aww poor kitty cat city folk who don't understand hunting or are liberal animal loving furry fucktards.
>>
>>2200737
Well that's your fault, not the animals.
>>
>>2200752
Correct, it is my fault for electing officials who discourage bobcat hunting some times of the year and it is my fault for not getting off my duff to protect my animals from these terrible predators.

KEEP HUNTING THOSE FUCKERS OP!
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2200761
I'm still suprised most people here took to my invaisive species thread so well.
>>
>>2200765
fish don't really have a conscience, but bobcats are intelligent
>>
Why would you hunt a bobcat

Like thats one of the worst things there has to be to hunt. Thats retarded.
>>
>>2200746
Properly regulated hunting is fine. Some places may only give permits for two white tail deer a year, despite how common they are. I think people are getting mad because 1) not something people eat and 2) being denounced as something as annoying and as much a problem as coyotes or foxes. Bobcats have hardly if ever been an issue because they rarely, ever come in contact with people and close to neighborhoods. Same with mountain lions. It's very unusual for them to come in such close contact. For felines like the two, they don't bother with each other and have large ranges that they will fight for or move on. There is no such thing as a pair, much less a pack of bobcats to go far as rummaging through your garbage. There be enough to hunt for sure but their ranges are large and what states they are in are small. If something is killing chickens, dogs, etc its very unlikely to be a bobcat.
>>
>>2200761
>to protect my animals from these terrible predators.
you protect chickens with chicken wire, not trapping
>>
>>2200769

I agree but there are times when hunting bobcats is necessary. There was a town in the south not long ago that had a problem with bobcats entering highly populated area's. That's a common result of overpopulation or underpopulation of their food source. The biggest problem with that though is it's an uncommon problem and to allow bobcat hunting in that area means you have to legalize it, or sell licenses, in the entire state.

I agree for the most part though. Where I live most people forget bobcats even exist. Racoons, Opossums, and even Mink are more of a threat to farm animals than Bobcats.
>>
>>2200773
I don't disagree, despite I am unaware of a place where they are just as much of an issue. I have never been anywhere where bobcats lived and were a problem. The places ive lived, I've only heard them or very, very rarely saw them as roadkill. Again I'm not against hunting them. I just feel like OP putting them on par with coyotes, raccoons, foxes, etc is what is going to set people off since they are not so widespread and common throughout the US in general and to treat them as such triggers them. Because they have never been a problem in my area, are rare, etc opposed to anything else it would bother me too if a neighbor bragged about just bobcats. I've dealt with opossums for so long. When I view them as no threat at all. small chicks yeah but fuck it, don't leave garbage and have a decent one and they are not a problem in the slightest. It's too common for us to shoot literally everything on sight rather than trying to discourage or build our shit better.
>>
>>2200765
Didn't see it.
What about endangered species was discussed?
>>
File: BobWhite1089.jpg (214KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
BobWhite1089.jpg
214KB, 1280x960px
>>2200651
We know where you live.
Tasty little treat your daughter.
>>
>>2200689
This.

Hell I wish they would come pester my uncles farm animals just so I could get a good look at one. I suppose there would be a certain sort of thrill in hunting a predator though.. I have nothing against it as long as you actually do something with the body.
>>
Hunting sounds fun but I don't want to kill anything.

Guess I'll stick to target shooting.
>>
>>2200812
Drinking sounds fun but I don't want to get drunk.

I guess I'll just stick with soft cola.
>>
D'awww..... they are both so cute! XD

Good job on that OP.
>>
>>2200651
Any recent pics with her and something?
>>
>>2200771
>if you fight back...they win
That's just, like, your opinion, man.
>>
>>2200778
>it's too common
>easy*
Fixed
>>
File: 9yoPTHCfuck.png (733KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
9yoPTHCfuck.png
733KB, 800x600px
WWWWWAAATCH OUT PIGGIES!
>>
>>2200651
I'll admit that I don't think I'd enjoy killing a Bob cat in any capacity. They're very pretty and I couldn't kill anything that's roughly dog-sized as they tend to be.
Deer, boar, fish, and fowl: that's all I'll actively/passively hunt and kill.
>>
File: 4004.jpg (77KB, 912x575px) Image search: [Google]
4004.jpg
77KB, 912x575px
>>2200853
What about groundhogs? I blow those things away plenty all throughout the spring and summer.
It's nice having 318 acres. It's not nice having them constantly invade and dig holes that could potentially break a cows leg.
>>
>>2200865
That's a fair bit of land anon. Hell even my uncles 1 acre property is enough to walk around in. What do you do?
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>2200766
Nice Bias.

>Muh only Mammals is da only intelligent thing
>Muh only mammals can think lol
>Everything else stupid, bees retard, plants dont even have brain, that means that they dont think
>oNLY things with brain can percieve reality
>Everything else stupid, and not worth protesting over.
>>
File: 1465574439716.jpg (84KB, 551x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465574439716.jpg
84KB, 551x720px
>>2200765
I mean I'm all for getting rid of damaging invasive animals and all but you don't have to be a fucking attention seeking fag who constantly posts pictures of fish with knives in their heads as if you downed a god damn mammoth to feed your family or something. I can't imagine anything edgier

Like seriously this is like the 3rd thread I've seen you post your edgy fucking knife-in-snakehead pictures from your fap folder
>>
>>2200651
If your goal was to paint a target on this kid's back, well, congrats.

If you're sincere... well. I feel bad for you. Welcome to the internet buddy, you're gonna regret it
>>
>>2200955
http://forums.bullnettlenews.com/32-trapping-furbearers-wild-hogs-forum/28727-my-largest-bobcat-date.html

doxx these fuckers
>>
>>2200956
do it yourself, I can see a name address and phone number in 3 clicks from what you posted.
>>
>>2200766
Some fish are much smarter than bobcats. Fuck they found some fish using tools to get food. But I get your point. Only cute furry animals that conform to your standards are considered to have a consciousness.
>>
Fuck bobcats. They will stalk and attack you for no reason.
>>
Bobcats are like the douchbags of the animal world. The less we have, the better.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2200884
>>
I call bullshit on all you bobcat haters. They're hard as hell to spot so I doubt you guys have spotted enough to form a negative opinion of them.
>>
>>2200651
fuck u stupid faggot
>>
>>2201177
Not those guys, but obviously different areas have different population numbers and different levels of bobcat damage. Are you too stupid to see it could be an issue some other place then where you live?
>>
File: 1459032581501.jpg (553KB, 3152x4264px) Image search: [Google]
1459032581501.jpg
553KB, 3152x4264px
>all these fudds itt
Jesus christ no wonder this board has gone to shit.
>>
>>2200812
Hunt with a camera instead of a firearm.
>>
>>2200884
How else are you going to quickly dispatch them?
>>
>>2201257
This.

Getting a sweet photo of a rare animal is a good enough trophy for me.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2201265
The knoife seems to be the easiest way. Only problem is they have really thick skulls so sometimes the big ones are tough to kill.

I would just smash their heads in with a big rock, but I can't always find a boulder nearby when I catch them.
>>
File: colorado wildlife budget.png (43KB, 759x304px) Image search: [Google]
colorado wildlife budget.png
43KB, 759x304px
>>2201257
>>2201266

Guess who funds the majority of wildlife conservation in North America

It's certainly not the
>save the whales
people
>>
>>2200690
what you're talking about being nice when you're out killing animals for fun? you think you're so big and tough with your guns? I hope one day you don't have one and you get mauled to death.
>>
>>2201269
whales don't live in colorado, duh..
>>
File: image.jpg (8KB, 120x158px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8KB, 120x158px
>>2201411
U wot m8?
>Go Broncos!
>>
>>2201269
the vast majority of those funds go to managing land specifically for species hunt.
>>
>>2200703
>Life, death, hunting is all just life dude. Don't get all worked up about nothing.

Dude just go to /k/ or /out/ it's not like people who like animals go there to complain.
>>
>>2201268
>>2201148
>>2200765
Make sure that you're killing snakeheads only familam. There're a lot of tards out there that will mistake a bowfin or a burbot for a snakehead and kill them.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2202137
It is pretty hard to mistake a Bullseye Snakehead we have in FL from a bowfin because they have the very distinct spots. But Northern Snakeheads are a bit closer in color. Once you catch one and see it IRL, it is super easy to tell the difference. The shape of their heads is probably the easiest way to tell the difference. Bowfins have the bigger round head while snakeheads have the flat head that almost looks like a snek.
>>
File: 1467617649504.jpg (87KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1467617649504.jpg
87KB, 1024x1280px
>>2202258
Flawless argument fucknut.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.