[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I survive university?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1471827824416.png (77KB, 252x340px) Image search: [Google]
1471827824416.png
77KB, 252x340px
I'm obese, homesick, depressed, I have no friends or know how to make a normal conversation, and my GPA is 2.1 . I hate university and myself for feeling like this but I know quitting is not an option. I just need help on just surviving university without any bullshit. I'm not gonna go to a normie club or whatever just so I can "fit in" or find new friends, I know that I'll be a cringefest for everyone.

Lonely anons, how did you survive university both mentally and physically while maintaining your grades?
>>
Survive out of fucking spite, I hate university but ive already fucking paid for it so im going to do my best. Going to clubs is a good idea and focus in losing some weight, if youre obese then I suggest maybe eating less and walking a couple miles a day, exercise will relieve stress and weight so its a no brainer. Take care of yourself anon :)

Oh and stay in contact with your family, it'll make a massive difference to how you cope
>>
>>18688218
>Oh and stay in contact with your family, it'll make a massive difference to how you cope
I'm gonna do that, thanks. How do you deal with the anxiety of going to the gym? I feel like I'll be laughed at and honestly I'm worried of someone taking a picture to make fun of me like I always see on social media
>>
Eyes on the prize.
>>
>>18688169
>I'm not gonna go to a normie club or whatever just so I can "fit in" or find new friends

Your classmates are not enemies. Don't force yourself to hang out with them, but don't act like they are "normies" and making friends with them would be "selling out" or some weird shit.

Also, find geek friends. Not, not at uni. Go to comic book shops and board game shops and meet geeky people. At least you won't be alone. Mental health is pretty important for good grades.
>>
>>18688169
Get /fit/ and all your problems are solved.
>>
>>18688287

Man, that's the unhealthiest advice that /adv/ loves to repeat. Dude, exercise is not a replacement for personality and maturity. Treating it like a panacea only leaves people frustrated.
>>
>>18688169
>obese
>>>/fit/ sticky
Reccomended speed is 1kg per week. In few months you wont be obese anymore. Good luck fat fuck!
https://tdeecalculator.net/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
>>
>>18688283
>but don't act like they are "normies" and making friends with them would be "selling out" or some weird shit.
I didn't mean it like that. Most people tell me to join a club but in the end, I feel I'll make a big joke out of myself and people will laugh at me for it.
>>
>>18688297

Meeting people means putting yourself out there. You need to step out of your comfort zone. But if you'd prefer to avoid uni clubs, just try to meet people somewhere else. The point of that advice ("join a club") is to meet people and make friends. You'll be less alone and happier, which will help with your grades and general well being.
>>
File: 1500247804359.jpg (275KB, 800x613px) Image search: [Google]
1500247804359.jpg
275KB, 800x613px
>>18688306
I know that, I guess it's more about finding the right people.
>>
>>18688364

And "finding" requires "searching". You won't find them in the first try. But you have to try.
>>
>>18688271
Make am going to the gym obese and people dont laugh instead they compliment u for doing something about it, they ask for help and they dont condescend. Honestly fat shaming in a gym is just in movies, you'll be respected if you put in work

"Hahaha what a faggot look at him trying to lose weight and improve himself physically haha"

That never happens
>>
>>18688169
Can you talk to your advisor and switch to online classes?
>>
>>18688293
>getring fit
>unhealthy

Seriously the guy is obese. It's obvious that it's destroying his self esteem. Probably the caiuse of hus other mental problems. Getring fit will take at least this problems awa and make him wirk on the others. A healthy body has a healthy mind.
>>
>>18688411
>Get /fit/ and all your problems are solved.

>all your problems

That's the part I have trouble with. If people want to exercise, they should. It's healthy and it makes you feel better. But it doesn't solve problems. People need realistic expectations, or else they will keep disappointing themselves.
>>
>>18688169
>>18688271
There's no turning back once you get fat. You'll be laughed at, noone will want to be seen in public with you, and even if you manage to somehow lose it which is next to impossible, stretch marks and fat slabs will remain.
Just accept you're a subhuman and focus on your studies.
>>
>>18688466
Are you a sociopath? Why would you shit on strangers on an advice board? What's the reward for this behavior?
>>
>Get fit
>Socialize, univeristies have tons of clubs. Even clubs for autists
>Keep in contact with senpai
>Study. Join study groups or tutoring sessions

It's not as hard as you'd think anon. Or drop out. University isn't meant for everyone.
>>
>>18688488
I'm just being honest.
I'm obesse myself and there really is no turning back.
Fat people are subhumans, I accepted it and the faster the OP accepts it as well the better for him.
>>
The three things that helped me with my depression the most were:
1, Connecting with my family and opening up to them
2. Starting to train BJJ and really falling in love with the art.
3. Smoking a shit-ton of weed which allowed me to be honest with myself.
Now I'm not saying that what worked for me is going to necessarily work for you but I suggest you try a class of a sport you find interesting and focus only on fully learning what is being taught to you. The physical part will slowly sort itself out given you don't quit.
Also try to remember, getting out of depression is not a decision. It is a process, and a difficult one at that. Try to accept who you are and start to love yourself and if you're lucky like me from that point on things just fall into their own place.
Hakuna matata friend, it means no worries.
>>
File: 1503696907849.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503696907849.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18688583
>It's not enough that I should fail, others should fail with me
>>
>>18688583
You're not being honest with yourself or with anyone else for that matter. You've just given up.
Still, it's never to late until you die.
>>
>>18688630
>>18688635
I bet neither of you has ever been obese.
>>
>>18688689
No, I haven't been obese, though I have been overweight. Nonetheless, that is no argument to make since there are countless examples of obese ( not including morbidly obese people) people losing weight and getting healthier. And shit son there are examples of people learning to walk again after being said they will never walk again. You're just making excuses because you're afraid of failure. Hard endeavours make success more enjoyable. Failure is just a stop on a lifelong journey of bettering yourself. Doesn't matter how much time you spend waiting for a bus, once it comes the choice whether you get on or wait for the next one is yours.
Good luck man.
>>
>>18688689
I'm obese. In the process of losing it and I'm happier than I was this time last year. What made you give up so hard anon?
>>
>>18689167
I'm just realistic about my situation.
There's no point to try in my mid-20s when I've been a fat loser all my life.
>>
Take the time to brush up on internships

just blaze your way through college and get picked up by a company via the internships
>>
>>18689400
"Realistic" is not a synonym for "defeatist".
>>
>How do I survive university?
You don't.
And you make sure you take as many normies with you as possible.
>>
File: 1495199133933.jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495199133933.jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>18690632
What's there to be not-obese for anyway? Where does the motivation to lose weight come from?
My youth is pretty much over and wasted at this point, at least I'll die of a heart attack before 40.
>>
>>18690671
The list of benefits is massive. Losing weight if you're obese is probably one of the best decisions you can make for your life.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.