[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you draw the line on touching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1487716814090.jpg (892KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1487716814090.jpg
892KB, 2000x1333px
What is too much for a significant other? Is grabbing another persons arms or hands too far?

Am I overreacting for almost breaking up with a girl who was getting friendlier (touching arm/hand) than I liked with my friend?
>>
>>18680295
Everyone has different boundaries of what they are and aren't okay with. Relationships don't have a rulebook for acceptable and unacceptable interactions with other people. Talk to her! You can tell her it made you feel uncomfortable when she did that, without demanding her to stop the behavior. You can communicate and compromise instead of breaking up with her the second she does something you don't like
>>
>>18680295
1: it's a little flirty, but everyone has different levels of touchiness and for some people that's completely innocuous.
2: yes, you are over reacting if it's just that. Is she touchy with everyone, or is it just him. Is she also a close friend of this guy?
>>
>>18680303

1. She says she had no intention of flirting with him or anything but it made me and his GF uncomfortable even

2. First time they met, friend of mine, haven't really been around too many other guys together

She did try to make our relationship FB official without saying anything at all to me earlier in the day but I refused for my own reasons.

Is she just getting back at me? or laying groundwork because she doesnt believe in our relationship? I get alot of female attention in front of her but I always deny and try to make her feel secure..
>>
>first time they met

touching arms and hands so quickly

>made you and his GF uncomfortable

>ovvious flirting

>she said she wasnt flirting

of course she would say that dumbass

ill make it plain and simple OP. what you experienced was your GF having an intense attraction to your friend and was only hindered by you and your friends GF in it not going durther. You called it from deep and still didnt leave her.

what will happen now: she will do it when you arent around as long as se doesnt get caught by you. She sees nothing wrong with what she did. and thats okay, for her. BUT for *you* you aren't comfortable with that

did she even apologize? did she say she wont do it again? was she adamant that she did nothing wrong?
>>
>>18680295

>What is too much for a significant other?

This is not a question we can answer, really. Everyone has different ideas of what boundaries are. I know a plethora of both men and women that are either very quick to initiate physical contact with new acquaintances or avoid it like the plague. I think if you're uncomfortable with it you need to dig deeper into the situation and ask yourself whether or not you're uncomfortable because there was actually some kind of sexual energy being developed or because you two just have different ideas of physical boundaries.

>Is grabbing another persons arms or hands too far?

For me, no. I touch hands with dozens of people every day. Hands and arms are literally the least intimate place you can touch someone. I know a lot of people who do something of that variation with people when they talk.

>Am I overreacting for almost breaking up with a girl who was getting friendlier (touching arm/hand) than I liked with my friend?

I think so, yes.
>>
>>18680333

>ill make it plain and simple OP. what you experienced was your GF having an intense attraction to your friend and was only hindered by you and your friends GF in it not going durther.

Jesus, dude. >>>/r9k/ is that way.
>>
>>18680333

She apologized and acknowledged she made a mistake and knows what the boundaries are now.

She says she would never go there but at this point im already pissed she showed interest in someone else perhaps
>>
>>18680369
It sounds like she wasn't showing any interest in him, that's just her natural body language. Let it go.
>>
>>18680369

thats good, basically all you can do now is make it water under the bridge fella. she apologized and thats all you can work with. take it at face value or else youll he more mad while se has gotten over it. the more you let it bother you, the more bitter you become, and thats the last thing you want.

perhaps keep this as a strike, so shes at 1/3. good luck in not letting the butthurt take over you because lets face it. there are attractive people everywhere. im sure youve stared at some chicks at some point right

>>18680346

>implying
>>
>>18680341

If you did think something was being developed would you out of this relationship?

I am sort of out of her league in the sense that more attractive women, including her friends, are very open to me all the time.

I don't think she believes il stay
>>
Yeah, you are overreacting. Like, a lot. Being friendly with another person doesn't mean anything sexual. I hug my friends all the time, but I'd rather drown in a pool full of spiders than cheat on my bf.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.