[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

advice on joining military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1478274017729.jpg (33KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478274017729.jpg
33KB, 540x358px
my wife and I have decided to join the military, and we took some practice ASVAB tests, and we scored pretty high (56 &52). I've always wanted to fly planes, so I figured this was a easy way to get into it. anyway, I'm worried I'll get rejected because I'm pretty near sighted. am I fucked, or do I have a chance? should I just go with another branch for flying, or just give up on flying?
>>
>>18597053
go to /meg/ on >>>/k/
as far as i know you have no chance without corrective surgery
>>
You need a lot of shit to be a pilot. Use Google. No new recruit is gonna join the Navy and go straight into flying.
>>
Continuing from >>18597168
It will be much easier to get a commercial pilot license
>>
Wrong thread. See

>>>/k/34771680
>>
>lasik does exist
The military isn't for you if your having second thoughts but you'll regret not joining until the day you die.
>>
Navyfag, here to answer all your questions.

>wife and I have decided to join the military, and we took some practice ASVAB tests, and we scored pretty high (56 &52)
I feel like you're pulling my leg here. The big boys with the push-button advancements usually get high 80's to 90's. You're looking at being a LS, OS, or IC with numbers like that.

>I've always wanted to fly planes, so I figured this was a easy way to get into it. anyway, I'm worried I'll get rejected because I'm pretty near sighted. am I fucked, or do I have a chance? should I just go with another branch for flying, or just give up on flying?
You are fucked my man. Anything less than 20/20 is an automatic "no" for being a pilot. You can still do flight deck crew shit and maybe even aviation stuff like maintenance.

And even if you get lasik like >>18597182 mentions you'll still be rejected on the spot. It's harsh, but safety comes first.
>>
Why letting your wife in the military?

She will get fucked by every upper range. All women in the military have one mission only: Get fucked!

The bad news however, are that she will cheat with chad 'cause feelings' once you are deployed.

Sorry mate.
>>
File: 1404789387379.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1404789387379.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
>56 and 52
>pretty high
>>
>>18597053
I was in the coast guard, so I can't speak for all branches but typically enlistees don't become pilots, officers do. (I think senior ncos can become pilots in some branches. I'm not sure but even. Becoming a senior nco takes a long time) You'll need a commission and become an officer, which means excelling in whatever mos you choose (with an asvab of <60 you're probably gonna get a shit job) getting recommendations from your command, that recommendation going through the bureaucratic ladder, going to ocs (basically bootcamp) becoming an officer. Then you're eligible to become a pilot. Pilots are the cream of the crop physically. Any type medical conditions will automatically disqualify you from becoming a pilot. Vision is a big thing, if you don't have perfect vision you don't stand a chance. You might be able to get corrective surgery. But that's the road ahead if you really want to become a pilot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.