[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extreme apathy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 286.png (144KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
286.png
144KB, 500x377px
>26 year old
>no friends for few years
>isolation for almost a decade
>no gf never had one

I have lost my desire for social interaction and needs, loneliness doesn't bother me, it hasn't for a year.
People try to get close to me, but I don't feel anything towards them, no affection nothing, I feel nothing towards people. I think I am a freak, I am apathetic with all things including myself. Nothing matters.

I am not sure if this is permanent, I talked to psychiatrists, doctors they have concluded I have depression and gave me anti depressants with no effects. A wrong diagnosis?

So adv how can I become normal again? In terms of emotions and feelings, how can I regain them back?
>>
>>18552321
>I have lost my desire for social interaction and needs, loneliness doesn't bother me
Renounce society and become a yogi
>>
>>18552363
Society doesn't bother me, what bothers me that I can't emotions like other normal peoplemail and I want to fix that.
>>
well are you depressed or not? Only you can answer that question. I will say that in general "emotional numbness" is usually a side effect of depression or anxiety.

Also, can you recall a specific example of being hurt by someone which caused you a significant amount of personal distress?
>>
>>18552376
I was bullied for 6 years, had social anxiety that lead me to isolating myself for near decade. I don't how it lead me to being emotionless zombie but it did.
>>
>>18552376
Also I don't feel depressed, that is i don't feel nothing every damn day. Psych says its chonic depression.
>>
>>18552450
Your problem is that you fear rejection and are afraid of being inadequate, at least partially because of your history of being bullied.

The easiest way you've found to deal with these emotions is to numb yourself to emotions.

Believe me, you don't want to continue down this road. What begins as emotional numbness eventually leads to unbearable emotional pain. Speaking from experience here.

What worked for me was working with a therapist on my social anxiety issues. I now have quite a girlfriend and quite a few friends.

Look at it this way: You know the problem (social anxiety, emotional numbness). So why not talk to a therapist who knows something about your problem?
>>
File: introvert extrovert.png (150KB, 600x725px) Image search: [Google]
introvert extrovert.png
150KB, 600x725px
>>18552321
Just go out more. And being huge introvert isnt illness, it is part of who you are.

>>18552286
>>
>>18552477
Will I get my emotions back? I am not ambitious I just want to be normal.
>>
>>18552545
I highly doubt you dont have emotions. But one thing is sure. Happy pills wont help you, dont take them. They are meant for people who want to suicide.

Try playing undertale. At the end i cried like a little baby. If you will feel something, you still got them.

Good luck!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.