[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neighbors cat update

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: cat.jpg (9KB, 193x262px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
9KB, 193x262px
For those of you who followed the original thread >>18496286

The neighbors have returned after 4 days so I thought he would go back home (despite them being neglectful owners). However sure enough at 1am he's back at my door wanting to come inside again. Has he basically adopted me as his owner now? I'm surprised his owners don't care that he isn't with them. Pic related is identical photo of cat
>>
Do not let him inside. That's the worst thing you can do.
>>
Oh yes I remember the thread. Well cats are weird and even if they are doing well in their owner's house they will still like to hang out in other places, especially if they haven't been castrated.
When I had a cat my family took great care of him but he would still like to hang out with my neighbors like he was 50% ours and 50% theirs.
Did you ever have a cat before? (sorry if you already said, I don't remember). Many owners don't mind when their cat goes around town for hours because it's pretty normal. They usually worry when the cat has been gone for over a day though.
>>
>>18503240
I'll fill you in on the details: neighbors cat visits frequently but I never feed him or let him inside. 4 nights ago he was meowing at the door at 1am which is weird because he's never out passed dark. He slept over and has basically lived with me last 4 days. I went to neighbors apartment/house but they weren't home (all cars gone). He hadn't been fed and was super hungry so I looked after him.

>>18503247
I've never had a cat before. As I said neighbors disappeared for 4 days and seemed to have neglected him (left him locked out and no food).
>>
Cats don't have much loyalty, at least not compared to dogs. If you feed it and give it shelter, it will come around for more food and shelter so long as you keep providing it.

Personally, I'd go ask the neighbors about the status of their cat, are they just caring for it because, do they actually have an emotional connection to it? Explain your situation.
If you wanna keep the cat you can just ask if they care if you take it. Who knows, might have just been a stray they half heartedly took in because they didn't want it to die or anything and wouldn't mind giving it away.

Personally, I can't imagine they care all that much about it to leave on vacation for almost a week and just let it fend for itself.
>>
>>18503265
I don't believe he's a stray. I spoke to the owners back in November and they said they have hid him since a kitten (I think he's under a year old). But I definitely agree it seems they don't really care about him. How could any sensible person leave a domestic cat locked out during winter with no food!?
>>
>>18503259
>neighbors disappeared for 4 days and seemed to have neglected him (left him locked out and no food).
Oh right, I forgot about that part, sorry. Yeah those neighbours clearly don't give two shits. Unless they somehow asked someone to take care of the cat but that person doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>18503332
Yeah, in that case I'd still ask about their attachment to it, maybe they bit off more than they could chew. I find that to be particularly true of "outdoor cat" owners. They don't want all the responsibilities of a pet, they just want a "part time pet" if they're going to risk it's life letting it roam around.
I'd also mention to them you're a bit disturbed that it's not being fed properly.
I'd call animal control on it desu, if they're letting the cat starve and also not letting anyone else take care of it, let animal control pick it up and see if they even "love" it enough to pay the fee to pick it up. When they don't, ask to adopt it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.