[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to stop eating more than anything. I just hate my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: images(1).png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(1).png
4KB, 225x225px
I want to stop eating more than anything. I just hate my life so much because I've always been overweight. I've never been skinny and it is my dream to be skinny.

Is there anything I can do in the moment I face food or think about it to stop myself from eating it?
>>
Find a chant dude. Im a drug addict and those are what work for me. Get into yoga, its nowhere near as hard as you might think
>>
Also obvious answers, drink water replace snack and comfort foods w vegetables and fruits, eat small meals every 2-4 hours, dont eat to get full eat to not feel hungry. Track your nutrient and caloric intake, etc.
>>
>>18413643
A chant? You mean like singing? I don't know about yoga, what would that do?
>>
>>18413658
No man a mantra most are in hindi but there are some english ones
Mine is "i am a point of sacrificial fire held within the fiery Will of God" this works for me, reminds me of who i really am and returns me to my center. You can chant internally for hours while you go throuout your day. It helps you stay in the present moment, which makes not obsessing over your addiction easier.
Yoga teaches you to breathe, and more importantly, to breathe through discomfort or pain. It also makes you feel more peaceful. Search "beginner yoga" on youtube and take your pick. There is lots of yoga that is just sitting or lying down. Meditation is super important. Through meditation, firstly you learn that you are not your thoughts. After you learn that you learn about who you really are. "If i am not my thoughts, why do i obsess over eating food" once you get to the actual root of your probelm, it has less power over you.
I dont want to smoke heroin because i want to feel good, i want to smoke heroin because i have low self esteem and heroin eases all of these neuroses ive developed regarding that. Well smoking heroin wont raise my esteem, so i need to do something else.

Full disclosure, ive gone through entire yoga classes where all i thought about was smoking heroin, this shit aint foolproof, but it helps a lot.
>>
>>18413681
Thanks for the advice, I feel like I have a little hope again to turn my life around. I'm going to look up mantras
>>
>>18413637
All you need is self discipline and counting calories and basicaly lelearn yourself how much and what to eat.

>>>/fit/ sticky, part about losing weight
You want longterm lifr style change you can keep years laters after you start.

>>18413681
Pure lol.
>>
>>18413715
I don't know what you mean by self-discipline. I obviously don't have any willpower otherwise I would have stopped this.

I read the fit sticky like 3 times and its just not that useful to me anymore
>>
>>18413637
OP it's more important to have a constant working metabolism.

Eat healthy food in small doses. Not two meals of pizza and pasta.

You could eat two eggs in the morning, a yogurt cup, banana for lunch, chicken breast and broccoli for dinner, and that's a whole lot healthier then eating a bagel with cream cheese in the morning and subway for dinner. Don't skip meals
>>
>>18413715
Lol dude he prob knows how to get fit. Hes asking about what to do in the moment when he faces the obsessive thinking regarding eating food. Its not as easy as "just be disciplined" for me as a heroin addict can stay clean for months at a time i can go hours where all i think about is "i feel horrible and heroin will make everything perfect" this isnt a thought coming from my innermost Self, it is my physical and mental bodys conditioned response to me using heroin to great success in the past.
And this is heroin, food is fucking everywhere and its oddly seen as the reverse, like normally if youre a drug addict getting clean ppl are super supportive but once you start "oh no im on a diet now" suddenly you become the health nut and ppl lose respect for you until you start making serious progress.

Also no need to laugh off yoga and chants, its not like he cant be a /fit/izen and do yoga,mantras, etc.
>>
>>18413726
Try to install
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
and calculate your tdee
https://tdeecalculator.net/

All you have to do, is to ADD THE FOOD to the app and see how much calories it has before YOU SHOVE IT INTO YOUR FAT MOUTH.

It is not hard.

>>18413739
I was exactly as OP. Now i have 21bmi and doing bodyweight routines to build up some meak strength.

All he has to do is look at his phone to see how much he has already eaten and STOP HIMSELF.
>heroin
Ok.
>>
>>18413693
Dude when you are looking adversity in the eye. You want it more than you ever have and all of the little demons start coming out and telling you lies "its just this once, youve earned it, etc" instead of thinking about how good it feels to eat. Think about how much stronger you will be after saying no. It gets a little bit easier everytime.
>>
>>18413745
I have that app already. I just want to stop eating altogether. If you think looking at a number was all I needed to do to stop this decade long disorder I have then you are delusional
>>
>>18413745
Lol everyone is different dude. I have no problem staying disciplined in regards to eating right but fail miserably when drugs or sex are brought up. What worked for you does not work for everyone because everyone is different mentally. This guy doesnt even know what self discipline is and your advocating a "just say no" approach. For some, especially beginners, that just doesnt work. Ease your way into stuff.
>>
File: 1492287993542.jpg (33KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492287993542.jpg
33KB, 412x430px
>>18413637
Have you tried roasting veggies? It really confuses me because veggies have no f'in right to be so delicious, but it seems like each time I prep, season, and roast em, they come out amazingly--as in, way better than most snacks and junk food. I don't even need a recipe.

I dunno if it's just my cooking skills, my taste buds, or roasted veggies being genuinely delicious. I'm passing this onto you because veggies are the hallmark of any healthy diet, and they will fill you up.
>>
>>18413750
>stop eating altogether
You will die without eating. Not reccomended.

What is your problem? Bulimia? Anorexia? You see cake and eat it?
Tried to not buy ungealthy food, so at home you have only healthy things?

>>18413756
I am afraid yoga doesnt bring self discipline neither.

So op, what do you think is your problem? Like what causes it?
>i hate my life
>dream to be skinny
This was exactly me. Maybe a little less about the self hate part, but i still used the hate to force myself to eat under tdee. After 7 months of hunger it was done.

Why couldnt you do the same?
>>
>>18413765
What is your fear based on?

Also, -pats you on the back- congrats on losing the w8, but youre being an argumenative dick about it.
>>
>>18413765
I said bullimia. After a certain time of eating there is a cooldown period for me where I feel fine. Then unexpectedly when I see food i like, or am doing something in my room then I decide to go into the kitchen on a whim and stare at food, and wrestle my mind over it. Sometimes I win, but I come back and lose. When I think about food my mind is just pure blank.

I have fat for my body to live on if I don't eat.
>>
>>18413782
Did you know you cant eat stuff you dont have?

Throw away all stuff what doesnt fit healthy life style. And go grocery shopping EACH DAY and buy only as much stuff as you are allowed to eat per day.

That way, even if you eat it all in one go, you wont go over tdee and the slow process of hunger, self loathing and loss of weight will begin.

Remember, you want to lose 0.5~1kg per week. Not more, that would put your body into chaos.

>fear based on
Prejudices :-D
>pats on back
I dont want pack on backs, i just mention that so the op knows i know the stuff firsthanded.

I remember how i asked my dad to eat cake so i didnt have to eat it myself.

Seriously op, YOU CANT EAT WHAT YOU DONT HAVE.
>>
>>18413782
You need to stop it with this weird preoccupation with starving yourself, you're just going to fuck up your metabolism and you know SHIT about health. It doesn't work like "oh, my body can live off the fat!!!11"

>starve
>think nothing about food
>be more of an unproductive bag of shit
>think about nothing but food for weeks while your muscles waste away

>body wired to pack on pounds after starving yourself
>will gain back the weight anyway
>>
>>18413794
Lol dude i dont think you understand the addicts mind. On any given day i could not have any money or heroin but i would still manage to obtain heroin by the end of the day because i wanted it bad enough. Heroin. Hes dealing with food. Its hard.
I mention yoga because it is especially good with helping mental disorders and obsessive thinking. Once you learn to stay in the present moment, unchanged by the external world and inner dialogue, you gain power over obsessive thoughts. Also yoga is literally the practice of smiling through self inflicted pain- thats not self discipline?
>>
>>18413807
The laws of thermodynamics must be applied to everything. You can't just eat a bag of chips after a fast and think I am going to gain 50Ibs from it because that is impossible. Your body will use that food as energy, because that is how the body works. You aren't starving yourself if your body has fat, because you are in a fasted state. Look up thr definition of a fast. Starvation is when your body has no fuel to go after.
>>
>>18413782
If you eat less than around 1100 cals in a day your body eats at your muscles, not your fat. You need to develop healthy, monitored eating habits and figure out what things trigger you into binge eating. Meditate, serioisly dude 5-10 minutes in the mornings, has a huge impact on the rest of your day. Go to guided meditations on youtube, keep it simple.
>>
>>18413815
Ok, maybe it can work.

Still comparing heroin to food sounds kinda silly to me. And with heroin you want to stop completely. With food you just have to learn how to eat reasonably. Big difference.

>bonus question
Do you think yoga could help with lack of motivation? Ie fighting the laziness?
>>
>>18413817
You don't seem to get it. After starving yourself, you'll have much lower muscle mass, have a much poorer metabolism that won't burn many calories, and you'll have a much higher appetite. Your skin will look like utter shit due to the lack of nutrition and you will be an even uglier fuck. That is the truth.

>muh thermodynamics
You an autist? People don't work like that. You won't give a fuck about thermodynamics when you're nonstop thinking about food and stuffing your face due to having developed no fucking discipline
or mindfulness whatsoever.
>>
>>18413835
Yes i do because yoga is the easiest form of excercise and post yoga there is less depression so less laziness. A lot of our actions are because we act based on who we either think we are or feel who we are. Post yoga i feel very at peace, very loving, i feel like i can do anything, because i can.

I wasnt trying to compare heroin addiction to food as if its easier to quit, i was trying to illustrate like, heroin is nowhere near as hard to find as shitty food is, yet i could still figure out ways to get it, even with no money. So it is difficult. And i think it is as hard because theres usually only a handful of chemicals that food addicts crave- high sugar, sodium, and hfcs foods. Avoiding those is hard, eating them in moderation is way more hard.
>>
>>18413835
everything can be an addiction. food especially since it brings a lot of comfort and nice menories. the addiction to food is the same as to any other drug.

i agree with that anon on usig a mantra. but i would create your own. mine is "burn the weakness within".
>>
>>18413637
You can start consuming tobacco or nicotine, I noticed it reduced my appetite to almost nil, I don't really recommend this option though.

The better solution is to develop such a intense self hatred of your body that you will be disgusted by food, or you can go about losing weight the normal and healthy way which is diet and exercise.
>>
>>18413757
Roasted veggies are a game changer, I roast everything. Little bit of butter or olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, oven at 400 cook til desired crispness. Seriously op, consider doing a low carb diet, it's an easy way to lose weight without excersizing. I lost 80 pounds in about a year and have kept that off for 2 years.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.