[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drawing Advice I want to draw and develope a manga artstyle,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 5

File: 20170610_184403.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_184403.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Drawing Advice

I want to draw and develope a manga artstyle, not so I can make my own or anything like that, I just think it's fun and I'd love to join drawthreads in the future or do commissions, and I feel like this artstyle is the most fun.

I'm decent at anatomy, less decent at clothes, and TERRIBLE when it comes to heads and faces, but hair is fine.

I've only been drawing for about a month, so I don't expect my stuff do be good at all, but how do I start drawing this style of heads and faces, and not realism style?
I understand I need to be good at realism before I can get my own art style, but I feel like learning directly is better when it comes to heads, and the opposite for anatomy.

Could anyone tell me who or what to study for faces? I'd seriously appreciate it.

Pic related is an hour of doodles, all drawn from reference.
>>
>>18405775
>>>/ic/
>>
File: How_to_shot_animoot.png (220KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
How_to_shot_animoot.png
220KB, 500x465px
>>18405775
Just draw by reference until you get decent results relatively quickly and then start drawing without looking at anything.
All of this takes a lot of practice and time, as a hobby i'd say it needs several months depending on how disciplined you are.
>>
File: 1496605242745.jpg (206KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1496605242745.jpg
206KB, 1280x960px
>>18405795
I draw for like 2 hours a day, so yeah it'll probably take me quite awhile. Thanks for the adv anon.
>>
File: 1487992223336.jpg (82KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
1487992223336.jpg
82KB, 500x438px
>>18405800
That's quite a lot, if you keep up the pace you will progress fast.

Make sure you do take your time sometimes to look what art style you actually favor and try to copy exactly what makes it special.

Also look through ebooks and see how to set up proportions right, often scribbling the outlines of body parts and leaving it that way is a good idea since you don't waste time cleaning up and finishing the drawing and can quickly move on to the more challenging part: drawing the next scene
>>
File: 1496589670198.jpg (96KB, 480x643px) Image search: [Google]
1496589670198.jpg
96KB, 480x643px
>>18405834
Wow anon, this really gets my mood up, thanks.
I'll absolutely take your advice and inspire myself more, since art is so fun to me.
Hopefully in a few years I'll actually be good, the only thing I'm afraid of now is accidentaly developing a western comic style like DC instead of legitimate manga, but I think your advice will help that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.