[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i'm not good enough for you What did she mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

>i'm not good enough for you

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>18350733

>What did she mean by this?

I think the sentence is pretty self-explanatory. Do you seriously need help interpreting a straight forward, 6 word sentence?
>>
>I just don't see you as romantically as I first thought

JUST fuck my heart up senpai
>>
>i might like you a little bit but I want to fuck and pursue people that aren't you more and that isn't fair to you
>>
>you are everything that I want in a partner but I am not ready to be committed yet and I still want to get fucked by random hot guys that come into my life because I am still young and I don't want to break your heart by cheating on you
>>
File: 1494553959603.jpg (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1494553959603.jpg
53KB, 512x512px
>>18350753
>>18350744
>>18350742

>>>/r9k/

Are the border fences around /r9k/ busted or something? I swear, you dumdums seem to be wandering out of your containment board a lot more than usual.
>>
I'm out of your league.
>>
>>18350759
I don't necessarily agree with the people you quoted, but should OP really just accept that cliche non-reason at face value? It's the kind of thing someone says when they're too cowardly to say what they really feel.
>>
you havn't done anything that i can justify breaking up with you over, but i have a new boyfriend.
>>
>>18350733
>What did she mean by this?
she cant figure out why she doesnt wnt to fuck you.
>>
File: 1485739420101.jpg (57KB, 652x650px) Image search: [Google]
1485739420101.jpg
57KB, 652x650px
>>18350776

>I don't necessarily agree with the people you quoted, but should OP really just accept that cliche non-reason at face value?

Yes, he absolutely should. I refer these individuals to /r9k/ because their immediate reaction was to assume that she said this because she was a whore; as if the idea that someone who avoids relationship because of their terribly low self-esteem isn't a real thing.

Its pointless to speculate on this because her excuse could of been "I'm a leprechaun and I can't date non-leprechauns" because the end result is the same; she is unwilling to be in a relationship. Convincing yourself she's a whore to make yourself feel better about a situation outside of your control is how a child deals with a situation, not an adult.

I encourage him to just accept this reason because not only does he not have a choice but it doesn't matter whether the reason is valid or not. Also, you're a bit of a dim bulb if you actually think that crippling insecurity and inferiority complexes aren't a common relationship killer. If she is actually a depressed person who hates herself then this is a very real, common, and legitimate reason for not wanting to date. I'm not sure why everyone is pretending that this doesn't happen to people literally all the time.

Maybe there is another reason underneath this one. Maybe the reason she gave is the truth. The point is you don't know and, ultimately, it doesn't matter, and convincing yourself she's a manipulative whore says more about your inability to maturely process disappointment than it does about the motivations she may or may not have for avoiding relationships. You're taking advantage of the open ended nature of speculation to project your preconceived notions of reality onto someone else instead of swallowing your pride and accepting the objective reality in front of you.
>>
>I have something I need to get off my chest. I really do like you Sam and I think you are the sweetest guy I've ever met. But I don't think this is going to workout. I promise it's not you. I'm just not ready for more. I thought I was but it's starting to scare me a little bit and I don't think it's fair to waste your time when I'm just not ready. I truly am sorry. I know that you'll find someone so much better than me who will make you extremely happy.

Fuck, it's been 2 months and I'm still not over. Not even close.
>>
>>18350807
Remove the chip from your shoulder my friend. Nowhere did I suggest that OP should not abandon this relationship. He should simply understand that her given reason is false. No one can be "too good" for another person.

You said it yourself - crippling insecurity and inferiority complexes [are] a common relationship killer. If insecurity and an inferiority complex were her actual reasons for breaking things off, then that is what she should have said. Regardless of what OP chooses to go, her given reason should be disregarded, because it is entirely insubstantial. Which is what I was attempting to imply when I called it a cliche non-reason.
>>
File: 1494621229922.png (184KB, 667x812px) Image search: [Google]
1494621229922.png
184KB, 667x812px
>>18350817

>He should simply understand that her given reason is false.

That is just your opinion; pure speculation. You know nothing about him or this girl. You're basing this on absolutely no evidence whatsoever other than your baseless assumption of her motivations.

>No one can be "too good" for another person.

Again, another opinion. I'm not sure if you've ever met a depressed person with terrible self-esteem but the fact is she may believe its true. Whether or not its actually true is, again, something you don't know because you know absolutely nothing about the situation than the 6 word question OP asked.

>If insecurity and an inferiority complex were her actual reasons for breaking things off, then that is what she should have said.

More speculation. Again, I'm not sure why you're pretending as if you have some secret insight on this situation that the rest of us don't have. How on earth could you possibly know what she meant? How could you possibly know whether or not she maybe didn't explain herself properly or isn't as direct and concise with her words as you're claiming she would have been if she were telling the truth.

You don't. That's my point.

>Regardless of what OP chooses to go, her given reason should be disregarded, because it is entirely insubstantial.

Not as insubstantial as your analysis of this woman you know nothing about. Your post should be disregarded because its not based on any evidence OP provided or objective reality. It was just a series of long-winded speculations about two people you know nothing about jammed through your personalized filter of anecdotal observations.
>>
>>18350733
This, Op
>>18350803
She did something she shouldn't have done. As in, fell in love with someone else or has already fucked someone else.

That's why she says shes "not good enough" because she did something bad.
>>
>>18350839
I am not here to debate what her real motivations were. As you have said repeatedly, it is impossible to derive "meaning" from a 6-word statement. If you can't derive meaning from something, then it is meaningless. A nonce statement. And OP should not waste his time giving it credence.
>>
She's Insecure
>>
>>18350848

>I am not here to debate what her real motivations were.

If you are this >>18350817 person then yes, yes you are here to debate her motivations because you very much so definitively stated that her reason was false with knowing absolutely nothing about her, him, or the situation. You can't make unfounded claims about the validity of someone's motivations with absolutely no information to support the conclusion and then claim you're not here to speculate. Those two things directly contradict one another.

>If you can't derive meaning from something, then it is meaningless.

Meaningless does not equal false. It just means you don't have enough information to validate its truth one way or another. Even if he did have any evidence it doesn't change the outcome.

>And OP should not waste his time giving it credence.

That's exactly what I said to begin with, anon.
>>
>>18350858

You are trying to have it both ways. If you are so certain that her motivation is indiscernible from the given 6-word statement, why are you so quick to repudiate the people you listed here >>18350759? You don't know if they are wrong. You don't know her motivation any more than any of the rest of us do. Because no one can discern any amount of meaning from that reason, especially not OP, who should not be deluded into thinking that there is any substance behind it.

And yes if it is a meaningless statement then it naturally follows that it is false, to conclude otherwise would mean that she broke up for no reason at all. There is always a reason for a break up, even if it is not properly articulated - as in this case.

Perhaps we we will never agree on this particular semantic point.

Either way, the relationship should end. I personally feel that OP should just disregard the given reason and move on with his life. Unless I'm mistaken, that is the conclusion you have reached as well.
>>
>>18350733
It usually means that the person is looking for a reason to break up with you but cant find one and doesnt want to string you along.
There can be a shit ton of reasons but usually its sex related.
You are too nice of a dude and she wants some drama in her life.
You can also just be too boring.
You could also be too easy. People dont like someone who is a complete follower and amiable.
>>18350856
>>18350807
Insecurity doesnt manifest as "you are too good for me". Its usually self destruction when insecurity makes you break up with someone. Most girls say something like "i dont deserve you" or "i cant be with you". They are doing it because they are insecure in themselves and are blaming themselves for the break up. You would never say that a job is too good for you but you would point out every reason why you dont deserve the job. "You are too good for me" subconsciously means they are putting the blame on you. Because YOU are too good for me, we have to break up.
You should really study psychology in high school.
>>
>>18350879

>You don't know if they are wrong

That is literally, word for word, exactly what I said. In my original post I said

>Maybe there is another reason underneath this one. Maybe the reason she gave is the truth. The point is you don't know and, ultimately, it doesn't matter

Nowhere in my statement did I claim to be correct or know the real reason why she said what she said. Nowhere did I state that anyone was wrong. All I stated is that we don't know. I said exactly the same thing you did. No one knows what the real reason is, so to make concrete statements like "she is lying" or "this is false" is logically incorrect.

>You don't know her motivation any more than any of the rest of us do

I never claimed I did. I felt like if you actually read and processed what I said we wouldn't be having this conversation.

>And yes if it is a meaningless statement then it naturally follows that it is false.

No it doesn't. That isn't how logic works. A statement being objectively false and a statement lacking importance in context with a specific conversation are nowhere near equivalent.

>>18350904

Speculation, speculation, and more baseless speculation. Just another armchair psychiatrist trying to tell us why strangers do the things they do, as if you have anything other than anecdotal evidence to support your ridiculous claim that insecurity doesn't manifest as "You are too good for me". I appreciate that you have an opinion but stop trying to play it off as absolute truth because it isn't. Its just a bunch of wild guesses pulled straight out of your ass. You are neither an expert in psychiatry nor do you know anything about the girl we're talking about.
>>
>>18350969
why are you trying to force the insecurity narrative so hard?
>>
>>18350969
you're fighting the good fight, anon
>>
>>18350984
Why are you trying to force the "women are whores" narrative so hard?
>>
>>18351009
Where the heck did I do that? I'm not any of the people you listed here >>18350759 and as I said in >>18350776, I don't necessarily agree with what they said. Since it's impossible to know the real reason.

No one in the history of the world has ever sat down and thought to themselves "my partner is too good for me" and breaks off a relationship because of that simple 6-word thought. It is always "my partner is too good for me because I _______" with the latter usually left unsaid. It could be because of insecurity, it could be because of any number of things. We don't know. Denying this is quite frankly denying reality, and no amount of pearl-clutching about the rules of logic is going to change that.

I would rather OP leave this experience knowing that it was not because he was "too good" that his relationship ended. He may never know the actual reason. But not knowing is better than swallowing a lie or a half-truth, given to him as an excuse by someone who is too immature and cowardly to express their real feelings.
>>
>>18350984

>why are you trying to force the insecurity narrative so hard?

I merely offered an alternative narrative that everyone was refusing to acknowledge as a possibility.

>>18351033

>No one in the history of the world has ever sat down and thought to themselves "my partner is too good for me" and breaks off a relationship because of that simple 6-word thought

So your point is "she broke off the relationship because of reasons"? Thank you for that wonderful 2nd grade analysis. Now lets move on to a point that isn't so obvious no one felt the need to discuss it. I can't recall anywhere in this thread where anyone tried to say that there was no reason she broke it off. You're not making any sense.

>But not knowing is better than swallowing a lie or a half-truth, given to him as an excuse by someone who is too immature and cowardly to express their real feelings.

More useless speculation. You keep saying "we don't know anything, we don't know the reason" and then spout off a bunch of pointless assumptions about this girl you've pulled out of your ass. You've just repeated this pattern of self-contradiction throughout the course of several posts and I'm done responding to them.

You have no idea whether or not it was a lie or a half-truth or whether or not she's immature or cowardly and you have no evidence to make the claim. You know nothing about this girl and you're just projecting your assumptions on to her for reasons I have not the energy to even begin to speculate. You're just pulling stuff out of your ass and then getting butt-hurt when people give your nonsensical, presumptuous grandstanding the glassy-eyed dismissal it deserves.
>>
>>18351125

>So your point is "she broke off the relationship because of reasons"?

That is exactly my point, and one you have purposely disregarded throughout this thread for reasons I really don't understand. You don't seem particularly concerned about the "why", so long as that "why" is not something that personally offends you. I will admit that it was incorrect to suggest that it was "cowardly and immature" to not express her real feelings, there are other reasons not to express those feelings.

"My partner is too good for me" is an elementary half-truth. You know this, which is why you have repeatedly referred to the defense of insecurity instead of defending the actual statement. One that anyone can see is incomplete. If anything, it is you who is projecting your feelings onto this girl and making excuses for her incomplete and vague reason, for reasons again I do not understand.
>>
>>18350969
Arent you the armchair psychiatrist?
You are saying you can disprove everything I have said based on what exactly?
Thats like me trying to say that the theory of relativity i completely wrong because no one could know the information that Einstein knew.
Regardless of my training and experience, you have no where to speak because you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
You can project all you want but you should try to take your blinders off.
>>
>>18350733
She's a selfish bitch.
>>
>>18350733
She's not into you but liked you enough to not hurt your feelings/didn't respect you enough to tell you the truth
>>
>>18351009
I wouldn't really call the obvious truth a "narrative".

Men want sex.
Women demand they be given things before letting men have sex.
That is the basic essence of prostitution, and women are thus whores.

The women who call themselves whores are just more honest, fair and independent. You just give them the money, they do what you ask, and then they go off to buy what they need. Normal women expect you to take her to a restaurant, make a show out of everything, constantly flatter and dote on her while paying for her food, and after all that you still have to hope she happens to be feeling in the mood for sex. Quite a ripoff if you ask me.
>>
>>18350733
>>i'm not good enough for you
Its usually attention-whoring. She wants to hear something like "Nooooo youre gorgeous"... Girls like her are usually easy to get laid, then rue it, need attention... If they dont get laid they often become depressive.
>>
>>18350733
>i'm not good enough for you
It you're not good enough for her
>>
This shit happens all the time. Sometimes, women are just being fucking dramatic. I know a girl that I lived with that said "have you ever wanted to BE with someone so bad that it just CAN'T WORK?!" She then dumped my best friend for these reasons and cried for days. She had mental issues, no fucking surprise. Eventually, they got back together.

But let's not act like both men and women don't do this shit with their own insecurity. There's plenty of posts on this board that have talked about getting a girlfriend in shape, but not "too" in shape, so they don't suddenly start going for greener pastures.

People get it in their heads that you're looking to upgrade, that somehow they've dated outside of their range, and now the partner is going to be more confident and ready and able to just dump them and rip their heart out. So they take their ball and go home. Better not to lose when you quit on your own terms, right? You didn't win, but you didn't LOSE.

Of course, she could have just found someone else. Who the fuck knows.
>>
It means your ugly.
Have a small dick
You're boring.

Either way she's tired of you and wants to move on to something better
>>
File: Ramen.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
Ramen.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>18350807
>>18350839
>>18350858
>>18350969
>>18351125
Jesus Christ man, they already developed medication for your mental disorder.

Every once in a while, someone dedicates all his mental capacity into an idiotic internet discussion. Sometimes it can be truly fruitful, sometimes it isn't at all. Your case is the latter. Your stance is only on one side of the coin, and it is the old tale of being trusting or distrusting towards cheesy rejections. Your rationale isn't bad per se, but you fail to see that you are just on one of only two sides, and you're in the minority with your viewpoint; trying to disregard everyone else of critical thinking by saying they're incapable of accepting the possibility of what she said could be literally true. Most do not accept, that is true, but most see the possibility. The crux with you is, that you try to shove your viewpoint down into everyone's throat. They see it, but don't accept it, like you do not accept the other side too.
>>
As someone who's heard this a few times, here's my rundown of what it meant in my situations as well as some context if needed.

>she had bad self-esteem and didn't think she was deserving of my attention
>she had been talking to someone behind my back and had started feeling things for them
>she had gone along with me thinking we were in a relationship, because she didn't want to hurt me by telling me that she didn't really see it that way

In cases 1 and 2, it was unfortunately unfixable, but case 3 I've somehow managed to turn into a thing even after the spaghetti fell.
>>
>>18350733
>I like being your friend but you make my vagina drier than the Sahara desert
>>
File: shocked_bread.png (188KB, 355x317px) Image search: [Google]
shocked_bread.png
188KB, 355x317px
>>18350733
>I have nothing to offer you
>>
>>18350742
>>18350744
>>18350803
>>18350804
>>18350843
Literally this. Do yourself a favor and abort. It sounds like resonating guilt.
>>
>>18350733
Either she actually thinks she will just fuck your shit up and is scared to try with you, or she is making up an easy reason to drop you.
>>
>I just want a few more years on the cock carousel
>>
Let me simplify this for you, OP

>"I'm not good enough for you"

Translates to:

>"There's this other guy I'd really like to fuck"
>>
>>18351683
this

Talk with her or breakup and move on, anon
>>
>>18350759
Newfag
>>
It means she's a worthless, selfish, manipulating, cowardly, lying whore

Burn or throw out any shit she ever gave you. She doesn't "deserve" you anyways :)
>>
>>18350733
>Tfw got told I was 'too wholesome' for her
>A degenerate who's been using 4chan for a decade
>Too wholesome
>Later the very next guy she started seeing got her knocked up
>She was looking to cash out this whole time

Weird mix of emotions, that was. She was ultimately right though
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.