[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys lying about their height?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: cute.jpg (47KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
cute.jpg
47KB, 250x298px
I'm struggling to understand if it's common or just my lack of luck, but a majority of the guys I've been meeting off tinder lie about their height. I don't list any requirements for matches on my profile and I truly don't care for height as long as the guy isn't shorter than me (I'm 5' 6"), so I'm starting to think guys just think I won't notice. But when I meet up with them and they're almost eye level to me and they've listed their height as 6' 2", I just wonder how dumb they really think I am.
It's insanely frustrating, and not because I care about how tall they are, but because I feel like lying about height makes the guy questionable from the very beginning. It's a turn off.
Do you think my frustration is unreasonable? Should I ask them about it? I mean, I have looked at it from a different perspective, and I'm sure it feels as disappointing as if a woman were to lie about her weight/body type.
>>
>>18330732

People will lie about stuff that they feel insecure about. People just want to be accepted. It's a fact of life. If you can't handle it then meet people in the real world instead of fucking tinder.
>>
>>18330732
>I just wonder how dumb they really think I am
pretty dumb I guess.

I am 189.6 cm but I list in my tinder as 6'4 since American girls likely don't know/care about the difference.
>>
>>18330732
Guys lie about height because so many women will dismiss them outright if they aren't tall enough. On the flip side, women lie about weight and age regularly. Women also get the advantage of lying about their looks by using make-up, wearing push-up bras, using spanx, using heels to accentuate their calves and ass, and otherwise masking their physical flaws. I don't really see a difference.
>>
girls usually cant tell unless its obvious (ie shes 5'9 and he says hes 6'1 but theyre obviously the same height) and most girls will also auto reject anyone who doesnt meet their magic cutoff point (even though they dont actually care about it in real life cos as above they dont actually know). why wouldnt you lie? youre just gimping yourself for no reason
>>
>>18330732
>Do you think my frustration is unreasonable?
no, as you've been lied to before you even met.

and wow, adding 8 inches? 1 or 2, fine, but 8? dumb.
>>
>>18330732

I feel like this is a repeat thread... but maybe not.

But yeah, it's a pretty bad lie if they're saying there is a half a foot difference or whatever, and I'd either call them out on it or leave. Your preferences are your preferences.

That all said, just make sure you're doing it accurately. Last time I was at the doctor, he said I was 5'11. I've gotten 5'10 before, I've gotten 6'0, but I'm assuming that's just a difference in hair and maybe the angle someone is looking at, but I'm confident I'm between 5'10 and 6'0. It doesn't really matter to me at all at the end of the day, so I laugh it off, but women are AWFUL at telling height.

I've been told I was 5'6 before, which is in no way possible. Maybe it's because I had some weight on me so I was shorter? I've had my mom say I was 6'1, which is absolutely untrue too.

I guess my point is, as long as someone is within a reasonable measure of what they said, just go with it and don't buy too much into numbers.
>>
>>18330765

weight on me so I looked shorter*

Forgot to say, since the point was kind of made already - women have a terrible idea of their height in a lot of cases because they're in heels and such. A girl can't proclaim "wow I'm taller than you, gross!!!!" when she's actually 5'7 but wearing 5 inch heels and even then only has a quarter inch on you.
>>
>>18330732
Welcome to online dating I guess. Everyone lies about something in their profile because being honest means you get no attention. Everyone expect the people they match with to be flawless, even you:

>I truly don't care for height as long as the guy isn't shorter than me

I've gone on dates with girls who said they were "average" but were actually over 200lbs but I honestly didn't care because everyone has their flaws that they are afraid others are going to reject them for. I stuck around on the date and got to know them. If you can't handle someone being a little self-conscious about some flaw they've been rejected for before (or think they were rejected for) then you are going to be lonely as fuck because you just eliminated everyone from your dating pool.
>>
>>18330732
How do you feel about guys that don't list their height? I'm a manlet (your height actually) but got a good face and body I guess since I get a lot of matches. I have full body pics and friend pics (all my friends are 6'+) for scale but I don't list my height because it's not something I think about much since I can't really do anything about it and the girl's height isn't important to me anyway. I don't lie about it if they ask but I also don't bring it up if they don't. Would listing my height give the impression that I think about it a lot?
>>
>>18330732
>as long as the guy isn't shorter than me
isn't shorter than you in heels?
>>
>>18330816
Not OP but I always assume guys who don't list their height to be short personally
>>
>>18330841
Thanks, that's kind of what I hope actually. It'd be really shitty to disappoint someone but I mean my pics with my friends shows they're like a head taller anyway so actual numbers seemed kind of useless for me.
>>
Its the same way girls purposely take photos at angles that hide their fat.

And yes, guys know when you do that ladies. If theres no proper body shot, we just assume youre fat.
>>
>>18330997
>>18330774
>>18330752
>>18330748
>>18330742
>>18330738
I love how this thread is just butthurt and not answering OP's question
>>
>>18331001
I literally did that, are you ok?
>>
>>18330732
No, your frustration is not unreasonable, although you invited it pretty much by going the online route.
Should you ask them? If you want certainty, yes, however if you suspect them lying to you in their profile, you won't really be certain even if you ask them because they're pretty much willing to lie until they actually face you.
>>
>>18331001
>As a girl, I dont understand why guys do x

>As a guy, its the same reason girls do y

???
>>
File: FCJ-158fig16.jpg (47KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
FCJ-158fig16.jpg
47KB, 325x325px
>>18330732

Well done. 6/10.
>>
>>18331001
Are you stupid? Every post you quoted answered her question quite clearly.
>>
>>18330732
It's funny how I read this very exact post a couple of months ago
>>
File: Jqq4A.jpg (216KB, 915x678px) Image search: [Google]
Jqq4A.jpg
216KB, 915x678px
>>18330732
There is dedicated board with a meme just about this subject
>girls hating guys shorten than them
>>>/fit/
>lanklets
>manlets
>manlets, will they ever learn

Post this thread there to see how truly insecure guys can be about something they cant change.
>>
>>18330732
Your frustration is given although you're really doing something fucking wrong if it happened to you more than twice. Learn to screen people better before you meet them.
Also no point addressing it, if they are pathetic enough to lie about that, they are full of shit either way and should be ignored.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.