[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start dating with zero experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Lonely2.jpg (10KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
Lonely2.jpg
10KB, 278x181px
28 year old guy here, Ive put off finding or getting into any relationships and dating my entire life, never had a single connection with the opposite sex. Always been focused on personal goals and achieving them, e.g college and career. Ive reached a good lifestyle and make great money but have spent the last 5-6 years working non stop going up the corporate ladder with little work life balance as a result. Apart from catching up with good friends and going out on the weekends. Ive had a semi realization that Ive achieved what i set out to but I'm feeling like I'm missing something since seeing a really good friend get married. Never dated before or ever tried to ask out girls, I don't have problems chatting to women. Just not sure what to do now. Pretty much a kissless Virgin, I never use to have the urge to or had the feeling of loneliness but about a month ago it set in. Just curious what people think i should do because it feels like i would definitely be judged because Ive never dated and how i would broach the subject and if it should be something i mention straight away. I feel like women my age would want to steer away perhaps. Especially in the age of Tinder and online dating. where it seems like people have way to many options.
>>
>it feels like i would definitely be judged because Ive never dated and how i would broach the subject and if it should be something i mention straight away.

Just don't bring it up.

> I feel like women my age would want to steer away perhaps.

What is your basis for assuming this? Would you avoid a woman who hasn't slept with 50 guys? Its only an issue if you make it an issue.
>>
>>18323713
Rather than trying to dive right into the dating pool, try increasing your group activities and circle of friends. If you and a mixed-gender gang tend to hang out ad do things together, it is likely that you and one sympatico woman will gravitate toward each other. And, since you already know each other, pairing off for a date will be more natural.
>>
Don't mention virginity or anything like that please anon, a girl will obviously know by the way you act and decide whether to go with it or not. This girl who right now is imaginary is someone who you want to be around a lot so focus on getting to know her instead of thinking about yourself and what you're doing wrong, maybe even work on your insecurities like being comfortable with your virginity first? Best of luck anon
>>
the question here is, what do you want?
is sex what you are looking for?
or is it a long term relationship and a trustworthy partner?

Here is how you start dating: How good are you looking? Do you have a good hygiene? would you be an acceptable man for a woman to show to her parents? Do you have the financial backbone for a family?

If you are reasonable ok with your answers so far, try online dating, Okcupid and POF are my personal favorits, because they are free and allow precise filtering. This of course should not hold you back from trying offline dating aswell. Just don't shit where you eat, hell maybe even get friends to set you up or stuff.

There are a few things you should know beforehand. Your first relationship is pretty likely going to suck, because you will not yet know, how much you should accept and what is unacceptable, also with girls it's in some occasions a minefield and they will remember anything you failed. But I don't want to scare you away, it's great to find a person that you can trust fully, and yes, if you think you are with a girl like that, you should be honest about pretty much everything.
>>
why do you feel like women would steer away from you
you dont have to share this information with them from the get go

if you lead your own life in the direction you wanted, theres no reason to be afraid of them
>>
>>18323713
Just start dating 23+ girls. Good luck.

>>18293702
>>
>>18323713
its weird reading this because i only realize how desensitized you are... you're 28 and what you say as important was climbing that corporate latter no offense but you're going to be alone for the rest of your life and to blame for that is the way society views working, making money, and climbing corporate latters etc etc....
>>
>>18323781
OP Here

Apparently I tick all the boxes and people keep telling me i do, Ive been called handsome by quite a few women even though I'm not sure if they were just being nice, because its was always out of the blue and then it made it weird, when i just wanted to chat (Usually friends of friends).

Ive also been told this by friends who have tried to set me up in the past and i always tried to turn them down politely because i didn't feel anything for the girl, even though in a physical sense they were beautiful.

Thinking back now on it now, it might have been my own insecurities for why i turned them down (Pretty sure Ive got a low self esteem and low self worth when looking at relationships, even though i probably shouldn't, looking at my circumstances, I'm definitely not depressed because i love life, just starting to feel a little lonely for the first time)
Ive been described as a demisexual or asexual before because of my lack of attraction and not wanting to objectify and make crude comments about women, Ive really only been attracted to 2 unavailable girls but that came out of no where and just over a long period of time but its not like anything could ever result from it, but i guess some of those things are probably things Ive built up inside and need to reflect on. Not really looking for sex only, that's one of the reasons i never wanted to get into a relationship, I'm not into the hookup culture or could ever do one night stands.
I think i steered clear because i wanted to figure out who i was before mentally and have life goals sorted before i got involved with someone.

Ive gone this long without sex. it wouldn't be the thing that defined the relationship in my eyes, but sure it would be great.. I'm guessing someone who could be a best friend and life long partner who always had my back and i had theirs.
I should probably see a therapist first perhaps and sort through this.

thanks for the replies, it allows me to reflect a bit more.
>>
>>18323713
Get a gun, a .40 caliber preferably.
>>
File: 1487404689124.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487404689124.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>18323713
My sister didn't get a boyfriend until she was 23.

I could easily see her going with a 30 year old man if she loved him.

I don't see how it's that big a deal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.