[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Lessons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: 1491637923908.png (382KB, 622x305px) Image search: [Google]
1491637923908.png
382KB, 622x305px
Share advice based on the shit you've been, so we can learn from each other. Anything at all. I'd chip in that you should never alter your beliefs to appeal to people, it will elevate you in the eyes of your peers if you're self reliant enough to not need to suck up to them by always agreeing with them. Be selfish, that way people know they're not as likely to get away with fucking you around because you can afford to cut them out of your life.
>>
If I had to give advice that is universal, I'd say to never give up. It's strange advice because often life shows us the opposite. You may be born not as the ideal, you may be incompetent, unattractive. You may be too nice, too violent, too whatever. You may be going though hell right now and there are no signs of it stopping. No matter what the situation, no matter what the consequence, no matter how bad it seems or how crappy your hand is in life, don't give up on what you desire. You'll have to face a multitude of demons, people who hate you for shallow reasons, people who laugh at you and make fun of you. But if you persist even after all of that you'll gain something amazing.

I'm not saying it will always work out, but don't give up no matter what it is you want. Go for it with all of your being.
>>
Give a man an inch he takes a mile
>>
It is better to do and regret than to regret not doing at all.
>>
If someone supports you in your endeavours despite your living/economic circumstances, they care very deeply about you. Don't ruin a beautiful potential and push them away because of your own excuses and illusions of self-reliance and independence. Man cannot be an island, life is suffering, and your job is to create a better life by making it suck less by building meaningful relationships with other people. Let love in when it's banging at the door.
>>
File: 623-06725829en_Masterfile.jpg (31KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
623-06725829en_Masterfile.jpg
31KB, 450x299px
>>18306887
>cut them out of your life.
I want to. especially with my parents but i can't live on my own because i have no job now
I really try hard to reunion my family but it's seem make me hurt again and again
>>
for those with M-F jobs, dont wait for the weekends to do the things you enjoy. do them when you can on weekdays. living life 5 days at a time waiting for a measly 2 days of freedom is no way to live
>>
File: 1491270082397.png (159KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1491270082397.png
159KB, 800x1200px
>>18306887
I guess one lesson i would give myself in the past would be to not try to help people that much. Also, as Op said, be a little selfish once in a while and do some stuff thinking in yourself.
>>
Stop searching for that rose colored life, because there's nothing in life as simple as that. The world is a bunch of colors mixed up, and that's what makes it beautiful.
Don't rely on other possibilities to get what you want, you are who you are and that will never change so be the best you possible.
>>
When you don't know what to do; breathe
>>
When looking for a job do research, research and more research. There are lots of wolves out there that will take advantage of you in the most creative ways. They will always prey on the desperate. If you ended up in a shitty job anyway then work hard and learn all you can, squeeze every single lesson you can from there and leave stronger and prepared. Never give up doesn't matter how shitty things are, they will not stay that way if you keep working hard.
>>
The best, most sure-fire way to get strangers to like you and friends to really care about you is to learn how to make people talk about themselves. In a single conversation you can get people to open up and share more about themselves with you then they've shared with other people that they've known for years. All it really takes is knowing how to make conversation and ask the right questions, though a genuine interest in other people helps.
>>
Never make plans with more than two variables. Shit will go wrong no matter what you do and you need to roll with the punches.

Live for nothing if not to spite the universe by existing.
>>
>>18307726
This. Weave your interests into your work life by talking about them with co-workers and engaging in them during breaks. Could be reading, podcasts, whatever you enjoy. It makes it much more bearable.
>>
>>18307976
This is also good. If you get people to open up to you then they are less likely to dismiss you as just an acquaintance, because they feel like you know them in some way from what they've told you about themselves.
>>
Have a rough plan on how long you'll want to live.
>>
>>18306990
Yeah, I'm sure Oppenheimer felt the same fucking way. What a complete load of horseshit.

Idiot.
>>
Prioritize making and keeping friends as much as romantic relationships, if not moreso. Do this even moreso if you're an autist or something like that, because otherwise eventually a relationship will go south and you will be totally isolated.
>>
>>18306887
Don't eat the yellow snow.
>>
Only You can make yourself happy
Trying to latch onto someone isn't going to work and can make things a lot worse
>>
You are as miniscule and insignificant as the atoms you are made of. Do your best to act and create movement/change with your insignificant life. It's never going to amount to much in the grand scheme of things but it'll be something.

Also feeling bad is not a disease that needs to be "cured". Take your time and feel like shit. Don't bottle it up, talk to someone about it and get help if it turns actually suicidal.
>>
File: 1494521026660.gif (798KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
1494521026660.gif
798KB, 480x288px
This is my advice for social retards but I think it also works for the aimless.

>For the socially retarded.

The only advisable course of action that minimises the distress caused by being socially isolated/retarded is to get a menial job that isn't too taxing, then start a collecting hobby that will occupy a decent amount of time. I myself have started a gaming collection of a certain system of which I am edging closer and closer to completion but probably never will, in the same way Achilles will never beat the tortoise. It's an ultimately fruitless endeavour even if you do complete it but it's really for speeding up the passage of time and to avoid thinking about your current situation. Also when you go about collecting occasionally you'll run into normies, usually fucking hipsters, who for some reason are impressed by your dedication and/or collection. Savour that crumb of acceptance but DON'T get addicted to it. Acknowledge their interest but don't give them much satisfaction.

If all goes well, you'll die a busy man. Not happy mind you, just someone who was too busy to acknowledge his depression.

A tip I learnt from Dr Steve Brule:
>Go to bed early you doofus. Cos when you're sleeping there's no lonely times, just dreams.

I guarantee no one here will give better advice than this.

Similar problems have been asked here 1000's of times, but I don't think anything that isn't some >underage b& no gf
has been solved. You're gonna find yourself wishing for death every night if you don't get your mind off it.
>>
Nobody is good at anything when they first start. You need to practice. You will never reach the peak of you talents because there is always room to learn. Don't wait until you reach "perfection" to start something. Get out and start doing.
>>
There is never only "one opportunity". There are usually numerous, but take at least one of them, because they eventually stop coming.
>>
>>18306919
"Forget the risk. Take the fall. if it's what you want, it's worth it all."
>>
>>18309363
Yea real good advice Socrates.

>Do everything you can to forget that your life is shit and could be improved but you aren't doing what you need to

What you just gave was loser advice for losers that will possibly keep them from killing themselves and nothing more. All you're doing is keeping them from seeking a better life for themselves.
>>
Actions are louder than words
>>
>>18309447
I can also do bland vague advice as well, ahem:

>work hard

Is that better? Cos most of the advice given on adv is basically fortune cookie shit. You can ask people to be more specific and they'll give you a non-answer.
>>
>>18309447

No answer. Didn't think so fuck head.
>>
>>18306887
Don't be lazy, be active. Don't be low energy Jeb. Always challenge yourself
>>
Go to the gym. Thank me later.

Best regards

/fit/
>>
Less is more.

In every thing.

Every. Thing.
>>
>>18307976
I did do this but in the end it's gotten Mr almost nowhere. In the end, nobody ever really wants to learn about me and I just become their emotional rag
People on the east coast are just p cold, I guess.
>>
Know who you are.
>this is important for understanding your problems and best advantages to handle other things.
>Identify what you're good at, and what you want based on who you are.

Emotions are pretty cool
>even as a male having emotions gives life some vibrancy
>it's easy to forget what it's like to have intense emotions and hard to get back, but it's worth meditating on.

Friends aren't forever
>this is counter-intuitive to a lot of other people's advice but
>Usually the only real good friends that last are ones you meet later
>Friends can change and make sure you don't stick around for their toxic phases

Some friends are forever
>against previous advice know when you have a tru niggah for life
>if you find yourself doing things you don't want to for a friend they aren't a friend
>once you do find a tru niggah try to hold onto them

Always keep communication lines open
>communication and being open is the single most important aspect of any relationship
>don't refuse to listen unless it's the end of that relationship and you've decided so.

Listen more then you talk
>listening means you're absorbing knowledge, circumstances, etc. so when you do speak you are furthering any conversation.

Those are a few I guess
>>
>>18309500
>>18309528
>>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.