[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Food issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1490570533697.jpg (261KB, 608x2308px) Image search: [Google]
1490570533697.jpg
261KB, 608x2308px
I am trying to lose weight, I need to change my diet but idk what to do. I had grilled chicken and organic broccoli for dinner, had literally a plate full. Less than an hour later i feel so hungry like I didnt even eat at all. What went wrong?
>>
>>18289624
I hear you, anon. It's a shit struggle and it's really hard to get going, but I feel like the main point to learn is:

> it's ok to be hungry
> you won't collapse and die as soon as you get hunger pangs
> thin people probably are cool with feeling slightly hungry in general

Your body isn't used to a changed regime, whether that's new types of food or less of it or both. Drink lots of water while you give yourself time to adjust.

What really helped me is The Fast Diet:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

I would recommend the book just to learn about the studies. It may turn out it's not for you and that's cool but I really think you can take something useful from it regardless.

My doctor told me to read it, I thought it sounded bullshit but I borrowed it from local library and ended up losing about 10kg in 2 months.

It's ok. I believe in you. You can do it.
>>
>>18289758
I just want to double down on what this guy said.

I lost like 70lbs. It ain't easy, but it's worth it.
>>
>>18289758
I can't vouch for The Fast Diet, but just want to piggyback on the idea of being okay with being hungry. In order to lose weight, you need to be consuming fewer calories than your body needs to function, in order for it to burn fat in its place, so you will ABSOLUTELY feel hungry on the quest to lose weight. Make sure you're eating enough to get all the nutrients you need to stay healthy, but feeling hungry is perfectly normal if you're looking to lose weight.
>>
>>18289624

Have some spicy food / capsaicin to reduce hunger. It works.
>>
Luckily for you I'm a doctor.

Your body is doing metabolism in a way that it's not used to. So it pretty much demands more energy (aka simple carbs).
When you change your diet routine is the most important, so you must keep going as long as it is within a moderate calorie intake.
Eventually your body will adjust to the right metabolic pathway balance and you will feel the same as usual.

To stave off hunger try to keep yourself busy and drink some water.
>>
>>18289624
Just eat healthier food but eat as much as you want. If you do this you will be a normal weight. People only get fat by eating tons of unhealthy food chock full of easily digestible carbs.
>>
>>18290973
Retard it's too late for that, anon over indulged and now has to pay the price, if he does what you suggested he'll maintain his weight like a normal person would and he will remain fat.

If you don't know what you're talking about don't fucking post.
>>
>>18289624

You need to lower your intake*

You don't necessarily need to change what you eat. For example my ex-gf lost about 10kg eating nothing but junk because she ate under her TDEE, my sister on the other hand eats nothing but healthy food and can't manage to lose weight and might even put on some pounds.

My advice is to figure out your BMR and then eat exactly that many calories per day, this will mean you need to track your intake. My guess for you would be roughly 2000 calories per day. Eat whatever you want to meet this goal, you can starve yourself all day and have a massive fatty 2k calorie meal for dinner or you can eat 4 smaller 500 calorie meals throughout the day, do whatever you want, just don't exceed that number and you will lose weight.
>>
>>18289758
tl;dr
>>18289937
not true. you don't feel hungry on all diets, if you do it right.
>>18289951
finally, the miracle cure that all dieters have been waiting for! /sarcasm
>>18289991
you don't magically adapt to hunger. you only get more hungry or go into starvation mode . listen to your body.
>>18290973
The first decent advice

My advice is to not trust diet advice from /adv/. Most of it is bad. Keto and ketogenic diets are your friend, anon. also >>>/fit/
>>
>>18292137
Tell him to check /fit/'s sticky first.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.