[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fragile Ego?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0043.jpg (11KB, 227x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
11KB, 227x227px
I have a very fragile ego and weak self esteem for a male. Like a girl I don't even know could call me a limp dicked faggot right now and I would probably cry despite being 27.

I need help. How the fuck do dudes improve ego or self esteem? It seems women can just put something sexy on or fire up tinder and get free ego boosts and improved confidence.

My ego is so frail that if a girl were to take interest in me.. I would instantly believe she has ulterior motive.

So my question, how the fuck do dudes improve confidence, self esteem and ego.

I know big egos are bad but what if you have a small ego? A frail ego? A weak ego?
>>
>>18265228
Stop giving a fuck what other people think about you. Really simple. The first step in self-confidence is just be you and don't give a single shit if anyone else doesn't like it. That's a them problem, not a you problem. There's always going to be people who appreciate you for who you are and people who just can't stand you for the same reasons. Stop giving any stock to the latter.
>>
>>18265228
Im in the same boat OP. People have also told me not to give a fuck but I'm failing at the moment. My grandmother called me spineless yesterday which was kind of an eye opener for me. If you havent done it already, i suggest to try something new that you would be good at and gain recognition/money for. You probably need something to identify with other than the negative opinions of people youve dealt with in the past.
>>
>>18265241
>just stop caring
>just bee urself
Top tier advice you fucking retard.
>>
>>18265270
>says the guy giving no advice at all
Whatever you say dickface :^)
>>
>>18265293
You're so thick you don't even realise you're not giving OP advice. You're just tell him the end point without any practical advice on how to get there.
>>
>>18265297
And you're still posting without contributing anything to the thread except to call me retarded.

Go ahead, tell OP how he can become a more confident person. I'll wait.
>>
>>18265228
To advice you properly, you need to do some mental work on your end op.

Why do you think you are like this? Abused? Single mom? No siblings? What are your life achievements? What are you good at op? What do you think about people you dont know? Are you nice caring person? How many friends and how good they are? Why do you think girls are something else than boys? How easy is to make you cry? Have you ever insulted somebody?

Why are you like this op? I bet you know the answers, you are just scared to answer the question.
>>
>>18265308
>just think about it real hard and ask yourself unrelated questions that probably have nothing to do with anything
Top tier advice you fucking retard.
>>
>>18265323
Sure, upbringing, personal views, background info, none of it has anything common with your personality and your problems.
>>
>>18265323
>I don't care about what others think of me
>WHADDYA MEAN MY ADVICE IS SHIT STOP THINKING THAT

Whoo boi the hypocrisy
>>
>>18265270
I think they gave good advice. You have to sorta fake it till you make it but they're right.
>>
>>18265332
I was just pointing out that your advice isn't much better than stop giving a fuck and be yourself. Yours is just constructed around baseless assumptions instead of pointless truisms.

Same level fampai :^)
>>
>>18265359
That wasnt my advice, I was the second post. The other guy's advice really isn't baseless. There's always some reason somebody has low self esteem and puts others on a pedestal. Im pretty sure "have you tried not giving a fuck?" Hasnt helped anyone. Everyone knows they shouldn't so we have to go deeper and figure out what to problem is.

You'd be a bad therapist.
>>
>>18265228
Go to the gym, be good looking, be witty
>>
>>18265228
For one, don't buy into the narrative that to be a normal functioning guy that you have to take on criticism without feeling anything. Everybody is a bit hurt when criticized, it's called being human.
Also, everyone has insecurities of varying severity.
Don't set unrealistic standards on yourself.

Second, do something that makes you feel proud of yourself. You don't even have to be good at it, just put in a lot of effort and enjoy the results. For me, it was teaching myself Japanese.
After that, everything else falls into place by itself.
>>
>>18265308
Not OP, but...

I have the same fragile ego. If I can blame any part of my past on why I am so emotionally sensitive today, I can think of three things.

When I was a child, when my mom wanted me to do something, she said she would die if I didn't do it. Like, if I don't get an A on the math test she would die. If I didn't come home from playing by 7 PM she would die. I didn't know it was a trick? It was very effective in making me a compliant child. At the same time, I learned to be ashamed of my interests. I liked stuff like video games and anime. My parents kept calling me a retard or a nerd for liking that stuff.

Later, my parents tried to get me into a private middle school, and I had to take a test to get in to determine what scholarship I would get. There were ten 100% scholarships and twenty 50% scholarships, and fifty 25% scholarships. I studied as hard as I could and only got 50% scholarship. Afterwards my parents stopped pushing me so hard... and I took personal offense and studied my ass off for the next ten years. Now I'm in an engineering college and hate myself because I'm fat and have no friends.
>>
>>18265426
>fat
>>>/fit/ read sticky, count calories and lose ~1kg per week

>college
>no friends
Go to class. Look around, find the saddest looking guy, ask if you can sit next to him and basically force yourself into his life.
If you feel like autism, read
http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation

As with your shitty parents, tough luck. Have typing this helped you? You can try to reverse your negative thinking by finding your strong points.

Also what kind of
>fragile ego
are we talking about? Like scared of rejection, unable to voice your opinions, scared to talk to a lot of people, unable to not feel like shit when criticized?

You see it is a long path to salvation. The normies just have thick skin. You can call them ugly fat bitch and they will collapse crying at home. Everybody have weak moments.

What matters is how crippling your status is.

I would suggest you to trying some professional. I believe the best solution is to talk about your problems with somebody.

Also you can try talk to your parents. Even when they are shitty, they should liaten to you. Try hug your mom and tell her your thoughts about all this.

Realize that in order to find happiness you have to step out from your comfort zone and do something. Even failing to improve your situation is better than doing nothing.

Good luck op, you gonna need it on your path to salvation.
>>
>>18265349
You dont need to fake it. Lets say that girl calls him spineless. Ask yourself (and be honest), are you a coward? If the answer is yes, then next time you are afraid of something, just face it. It sounds cliche but to be brave is not to fear nothing. It is to face that fear. Just being honest to your true self is a fear for many, start by facing it.
>>
>>18265365
This isn't therapy, this is /adv/.

And just because you assume he's got some sort of deep-seated psychological issues doesn't make them true. If he needs therapy, he should see a therapist. If he needs a reality check and people to tell him to stop being such a vagina, he's in the right place.
>>
File: 1485763166084.jpg (76KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485763166084.jpg
76KB, 577x1024px
>>18265228

>I know big egos are bad but what if you have a small ego?

Seek therapy. You won't find any answers from these delusional faggots. You need an impartial observer to help you through these issues. The kids here are neither impartial nor observant.

>It seems women can just put something sexy on or fire up tinder and get free ego boosts and improved confidence.

Grow up. Not everyone derives confidence and ego boosts from people who don't give a shit about who you are wanting to fuck you. That's some red-pilled nonsense.
>>
>>18265426
I strongly believe dysfunctional child-parent bonds are a key cause of insecurity and fragile self esteem.
My mom would often pretend to listen to what I was saying, and whenever I caught her not paying attention it made me feel ashamed for even bothering, like my interests were so boring that not even my own mom gave a shit. My dad on the other hand was very hostile and aggressive, and I would feel unsafe if I didn't act in the way that would keep him calm... just a totally emotionally immature and disrespectful man, which meant he would raise an equally fucked up kid.
>>
>>18265527
Did your parents ever do "opposite commands?"

Like sometimes they'd tell me to do something when secretly I was supposed to do the opposite of what they said.

Like if the said "I don't have to sweep the floor" and instead went to watch TV, it would tuen out They were testing my laziness and I was supposed to sweep anyway

It made my suspicious of people when I was a kid, I had a real hard time telling when people were lying
>>
>>18265452
Okay, I DO have "friends" its just that I never hang out with them. Despite studying my ass off, I don't think I'm that good at learning. I'm consistantly at the bottom of my class here.

While exercise is supposed to facilitate learning, I don't find that true for me. After working out my mind is always feeling tired, and I know thats because if I do ever work out, I have to drag myself there.
>>
>>18265452
fragile ego as in I have a hard time accepting failure but also have a hard time accepting criticism. I get down on myself easily but also crave pity from others. I take advice from others on how to improve myself but stop using it after a few days. I think a lot of how other people think of me.
>>
>>18265228
Try working out, maybe building up some muscle would boost your self esteem
>>
>>18265501
On an anime board? Your kind of advice would probably work better on bodybuilding.com
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.