[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into a group of friends, /adv/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: thinking.png (123KB, 1660x1554px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
123KB, 1660x1554px
I'm 18 and at school in my junior year currently, and I've completely ruined my reputation in my grade, and while I already have a few great friends, I still envy people who are in big social groups, they look really happy.

Is there any way I can do it or is it better not to try?
>>
>>18242310
obligatory post about join clubs, find hobbies, it brings you close to people with similar interests to you, yatta yatta, etc, etc. huge friend groups aren't all they're cracked up to be though make sure the friends you make are your true friends and not all acquaintances blah blah blah

all shit I don't do but valuable advice nonetheless that people will tell you to do inevitably.
>>
>>18242321
But how do people who become "popular" do it?

What do they do right that people like us do not?
>>
>>18242344
Well there's a number of reasons why someone could be popular. Most often it's just because they're attractive and possess good social skills. You can develop social skills with practice if you'd like, they're very useful and can help you achieve a lot in this world. You can also make yourself more attractive with exercise, self care, and wardrobe.

Really though if you want my personal opinion, you should focus less on how to be "popular" and more on how you can learn to build meaningful relationships with people. Nothing wrong with having associates, but you will get the most social satisfaction out of people who you've grown so close to that they feel like extensions of your family. You're only eighteen. You'll be graduating high school soon and most of those people will disappear anyway.
>>
>>18242369
Thing is, I want to spend the remainder of my high school years happily, and the popular kids look really happy and that they snjoy themselves, I meanwhile just walk around like a depressed fuck and occassionally talk to people.

You're right about the meaningful stuff, but I still think my question makes sense still.

Is there no way my reputation could be fixed?
>>
Popular people are fucking cancer
Dont become another normie OP, you are destined to greater things
Invest time in yourself
>>
>>18242414
what horrible advice
>>
>>18242414
They seem happy though...
>>
>>18242424
humans are sociable by nature
it's normal and natural to focus on relating to other humans
just don't forget to focus on yourself as well
>>
why do you still care, you have friends already
maybe you feel differently but from my experience few good friends are always better big group of "friends". the more people, the more space for misunderstanding and basicallly there is 100% chance you will find someone in the group that you won't like
Also the whole thing only works when you are extremely capable to care about superficial crap all the time
The normies look happy for a reason, their mind is largely vacant
>>
>>18242415
t. normie
>>18242424
Is that what you are looking for? Happiness?
You wont find happiness in some shallow high-school popularity contest. I can tell you what happens next: you become a part of those popular kids, and you will be sitting there thinking "what the fuck am I doing here". Go and try for yourself, there is nothing to it. Happiness can only come from within.
>>
>>18242440
>>18242442
>muh normies
this is the new fedora
>>
>>18242440
Thing is is that my few good friends are not really connected as a group, so it really feels like I am left out and it's annoying if you get what I mean.

I remember a few years ago being in a small social group circle and I think I was hapoier and did not feel as lonely
>>
>>18242449
Try bringing your current friends together to meet each other if you think they're compatible. We used to add people on to our high school group that seemed cool enough.

I don't necessarily agree with the anon who said you can't find happiness in other people but I do believe that you shouldn't be so naive to think that just because someone looks happy that they truly are. Don't worry about how other people appear, just try to find what makes you happy. I still think you should try joining clubs of interest at your school. Not joining clubs may be one of my biggest regrets about high school. How did you ruin your reputation?
>>
>>18242457
But I feel depressed half of the time so they probably are happier.

It is a long story and as I want to sleep soon I will keep it short.

I liked a girl and some asshole who I trusted told everyone in the grade when I was in grade 6-7ish. I was annoyed almost every day about it (no joke) until around high school. This was partially due to that but also because I lacked goos social skills and was a retard due to not having many friends, like, ever.

And to this day some people still consider me "weird" and stuff, while most of the grade doesn't think so anymore, I just think they do not care about me really.

One "popular" guy literally asked one of my good friends I mentioned earlier on how am I friends with him. Most of his friends cimpletely ignore me or think they are better than me constantly.

With my two best friends being separate and one thinking the other is kind of dumb, it is hard to be in a social group. Sure, I have other "friends" and acquaintances, but it is not as major and definitely not as connected as people in the popular groups.

Another issue I run into at this point is that I barely have IRL friends and trying to keep up with them is a difficult task given my situation. I have some online communinities/groups I am a regular in but it isn't really that major either. Like people do not care really.

So at this point I'm trying to speak as little as possible because when I acted like a retard (mentiomed above), it was due to trying to get a lot of friends which I never had.

Sorry if I wrote too much, just trying to give you a good visualization of the problem.
>>
>>18242473
stop taking things so personally
>>
>>18242478
I hope I will, I really am a conflicted person and I just don't know what to do about this
>>
>>18242482
you need to do some sports to boost your self-confidence young man
i know it sounds like old people talk but old people have been where you are and they know their shit
>>
>>18242490
I started going to the gym but thank you :)

It does help but I feel like it isn't enough
>>
>>18242494
if you're gonna go to the gym you should really commit. read up on all the information you need from diet to routine. some may say otherwise but I do recommend >>>/fit/ even if only for the info in their sticky. if you really dedicate yourself you'll get a real boost in confidence, you'll be healthier, and you can even potentially make friends out of this. hope it helps.
>>
>>18242506
Thank you!

I will try it.

One thing though, I bet there are some social tips you could perhaps share with me as well if you don't mind? Hitting the gym can't be all, right?
>>
>>18242494
sports helps because you're forced to work in a team or work against an opponent which gives you more drive, not to mention you contact with others which is positive
but i guess gym's fine too
>>
>>18242310
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.