[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I get turned off when guys are too much into me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: eric.png (294KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
eric.png
294KB, 500x375px
I met this guy. He's great, nothing majorly wrong about him: he's got everything. Looks, personality, interests, sense of humour.

Still. He likes me way too much and feels the need to talk about it a lot.
He goes on and on about how we're clearly soulmates, how he can see us spending the rest of our lives together, how great it is that we met, how much he adores everything I say or do.
He talks a lot about how hot I am, how much I turn him on, how much he likes me as a person.
He's so clingy, so invested in me, so crazy about me.
He fucking asks me to talk to him about my feelings all the time. When I tell him "I really like you" he starts asking me why, or telling me to expand or tell him more.

I don't like it. I'm not romantic, I dislike talking about feelings and all this constant lovey dovey chatting is turning me off.
I love talking to him when we talk about something we're both interested in, but after 2 months of dating all we do is circlejerking about how great we are and it is boring as hell.

Should I bring this up? How do you fix something like this?
How much of a cunt am I if I just dump him?
>>
That's perfectly reasonable. He's just as emotionally mature as a 12 year old girl. Tell him you'll consider dating him again once he's done revolving his entire personality around his partner.
>>
>>18231799
How do you get the 12 year old girl inside someone to shut the fuck up? Is there any way?

I'm really not a paedophile lesbian so I really don't want the 12 year old girl, but I really like him when we don't talk about feelings.
>>
>>18231811
You wait for him to mature. Which'll happen faster if he dates other people. You'll enjoy dating someone else, too.
>>
>>18231815
He's 27, had girlfriends since he was 14. 2 long terms, too.
>>
>>18231782
Not a cunt
You're just not compatible
If he's 27 trying to make him change who he is would make you a cunt
Just break it off and find a more manly guy
>>
>>18231782
This is natural, he's a total beta idiot, even with a bit of common sense you don't act like this.
>>
>>18231782
>Should I bring this up?
Yes.
>How do you fix something like this?
Talk it out.
>How much of a cunt am I if I just dump him?
2 months is nothing, barely. Might help him be a bit more realistic.
>>
>>18231821
I don't want a manly guy. I just want to talk more about things and less about feelings.
We're into the same stuff. Why can't we do the stuff we like or talk about the stuff we like instead of talking about how amazing we are as a couple because we're into the same stuff?
It's fucking boring. I got it the first 12 times you told me it's amazing to find a girl who likes the same sports you like. Can't we watch it on tv and shut the fuck up?

Meh. I'm frustrated. I'm sorry.

>>18231822
He's not even too "beta".

>>18231825
How do I talk about this?
>>
I guarantee that this isn't an accurate portrayal of what is actually happening.
>>
>>18231837
>how do i talk
You generally open you mouth and flap it around a bit as it makes various sounds.

Just tell him. Directly.
>dude, i like you too, but if you ever again talk about our relationship more than once per week, i will dump you like yesterday newspaper.

Comunication is the key. You hate some part of your partner? Tell him so he can minimalize his bad behavior or find compromise.
>>
>>18231850
I guess I just don't want to hurt his feelings too much.
Once a day would be honestly great. I just want to talk about other things too.

>>18231841
I'm glad you know how my relationship is going better than I do.
>>
>>18231854

I know vapid cunts such as yourself better than you do.
>>
>>18231857
What you read on the /r9k/ infographics about women doesn't count.
>>
>>18231854
>hurt his feelings
Seems like estrogens in water are finally taking its toll on population. The gender roles switched.

You know him better than we do. Even if you hurt him in the process, you know how to make him feel better. Hug? Kiss? Sex? Ask him on date?

You care for him, that is all he needs really. Just tell him how talking about relationships bothers you, that you want to do something else.

>>18231861
You fight trolls by not giving them attention and (You)s.
>>
>>18231850
Exactly, tell this dude straight up and don't beat around the bush.
>>
>>18231864
I'll buy him flowers :^)

I don't know, I have a lot of fun with him and we really are a good match in many ways. But discussing about how much of a good match we are is boring compared to just be a good match and do fun shit.
I'll try to talk to him about it, hopefully he doesn't exasperate things. He tends to play victim and exaggerate shit when we argue.
>>
>>18231878
>play victim and exggerate
Are you sure you arent dating woman in disguise?

Anyway good luck femanon. Just make a rule that he is allowed to talk about relationship stuff once per X days.

Easy.
>>
>>18231883
Unless women started growing cocks, I'm pretty sure he's a guy.
He's fairly manly in many ways, even stereotypical manly at times, but holy fuck when it comes to feelings it's like dating a 16 year old girl.
>>
>>18231782
OP, the same thing happened to me 2 months ago, but I am the other person in your story. The truth is, she was the one who asked all these questions and I just projected what she wanted to hear. I think she thought of me as too clingy and is ghosting on me now. She doesn't know all I wanted to do is touch her perfect boobs.
>>
>>18231878
You sound like a total bitch. This guy deserves way better than you. No offense
>>
>>18231884
>women started growing cocks
You havent been in
>>>/lgbt/ have you?

Also girl giving flowers to her boyfriend. Pure wow. Anyway good luck with your quest :-)
>>
>>18231885
I never asked any question about our relationship or what he thinks about me. And I can assure you I don't want to hear any of this shit.
I'm pretty sure he likes my boobs, tho. Do you think he's trying to manipulate me into fucking him? Because that'd be hilarious.

>>18231886
I am a bit of a bitch, but I'm mostly joking. He seems to enjoy being with me quite a bit.
>>
>>18231901
>Also girl giving flowers to her boyfriend. Pure wow.
Yeah, I was sarcastic.

I'll try to talk to him about it later. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18231905
Well, my girls boobs were E-cup while being 180cm and 60kg. Perfect female build. I had been manipulating her into fucking for a long time. I am sure your dude is doing the same, but he might be caught in his own lies.

I started believing my "manipulative words" at some point, which was a mistake on my part. Now I cringe every time when I remember what I told her.
>>
>>18231921
I'm 170, 58 kg with D breasts. Phew.

>I am sure your dude is doing the same, but he might be caught in his own lies.
That'd be fucking hilarious.

>Now I cringe every time when I remember what I told her.
What did you say?
>>
Sounds like he's just extremely emotional and you're not so much. At first I thought you generally didn't like discussing emotions which is horrible but it seems like that's ALL he talks about which is weird as hell. Need to find a compromise through communication. If he, an adult, cannot sit down and have an unbiased discussion about your wants, needs, and expectations then he's not mature enough to be in any relationship at all.
>>
That's normal behavior for a female. The more you are attention you give them the less they like you. At the same time a guy that bases his entire life around a female is fucked anyway. You will grow tired of him and resent him.
>>
>>18231926
I told her that she's been the only girl I've been thinking about for the past 5 years I've known her. The truth is that we've met 3 times in the past and I lost interest quickly at that time. But since she has a great body, I still want to fuck her. I talked about being soulmates and being intellectually compatible like no other. Also about how our every day life would look like if we started living together. Basically everything your guy talked about.
>>
>>18231930
Oh I detest discussing emotions. You didn't get it wrong. Unless there's something that needs to be talked about because either of us is upset or something, I don't see the point.
I also hate repeating myself or hearing the same thing over and over, so sweet talking gets me mildly frustrated.
Of course we talk about other stuff, but he often stops talking about interesting stuff to talk about how great it is that we can talk about interesting stuff. Which is pretty retarded.

>>18231933
I'm sure I cannot find a thread on this board about overly attached girlfriends and how much their boyfriends dislike that behaviour.
Like this:
>>18231823

>>18231941
If that's the reason why he's doing it, I'll have a good laugh about all this situation.
Thanks for telling me.
>>
>>18231782
Dump him, if you're already bored with him, you don't want to know in the next few months
>>
I swear, if it were up to /adv/, everyone in the world would be single.

>Having any sort of issue in a relationship? Just break up! It solves everything! When you're not with people, they automatically fix everything that was wrong in their life, didn't you know this?
>>
>>18231952
You know discussing your emotions is healthy and something a human should be able to do, right? Not to the point of what he's doing but it's important to take some time to sit and talk through how we feel to clear the air. Even meditating and discussing emotions with yourself to untangle the mind. Humans are stupidly complex and we need resolution to these weird emotions that are hard to process, bottling won't help.
>>
>>18231969
try actually reading the thread maybe?
>>
>>18231953
I am not bored. I'm frustrated.

>>18231975
I'm able to do it. I just dislike doing it and don't see the point most of the time.
I meditate, I journal, I usually keep my things to myself or talk to my mom if there's something that I need to talk out.
I am not a person of overwhelming feelings anyway.
>>
>>18231782
hmm, okay.
>He goes on and on about how we're clearly soulmates, how he can see us spending the rest of our lives together, how great it is that we met, how much he adores everything I say or do.
This sounds like he is emotionally immature. The 'soulmate' thing might be a relic of really flawed thinking or just a hyperbole for him thinking you guys are compatible. Nonetheless, there are other ways of addressing that and him choosing to phrase it as such makes me think he doesn't really talk about his feelings, but rather masturbates over them and is really self-indulgent.

>He talks a lot about how hot I am, how much I turn him on, how much he likes me as a person.
>He's so clingy, so invested in me, so crazy about me.
That's absolutely fine, to a certain extent. I can't simply gauge to what effect he does this, so it's either a manifestation of his inadequacies low-self worth, or your reaction is a manifestation of the same thing. Hard to tell.

>He fucking asks me to talk to him about my feelings all the time. When I tell him "I really like you" he starts asking me why, or telling me to expand or tell him more.
Well, I can see why this can be annoying, but... But you need to know why it is that you actually like this individual. Maybe think about this on your own and report back to him. Give him some honest validation.

It just feels like he's not very emotionally mature. It's fine talking about feelings, but like I said, he's wanking over them. Do bring it up. Encourage him to not anchor his self-worth to you, or your validation of him. Do some introspection as well and try to come up with some reasons for why you actually like him. I have a feeling you're young, so this is all fine, just put some work into your relationhip. Good luck.
>>
People who's emotions erupt like volcanoes are usually hurt when they find that their partner doesn't have that same intense welling of passion, as if they don't care. So tread lightly, and get it so he knows you aren't comfortable discussing lovey dovey shit.
Side note, fags here saying "haha he have emotions must be estrogen" are insecure babies that were probably constantly bullied about having human emotions in life. Most likely by their fathers that drank and hit them.
>>
File: 1492115523488.png (259KB, 1101x771px) Image search: [Google]
1492115523488.png
259KB, 1101x771px
>>18231782
Can't really help you OP, but I'll tell you that I'm kind of like that guy when I get into a relationship with a girl and we really click. I mean, I don't go "OMG SOULMATES LMAO" and shit, but I get such intense feelings that I get scared they'll feel the way you do and end up holding back on contacting them a lot so I don't seem needy. It's backfired on me a few times, since they told me I came off as cold and uncaring. Just talk with the guy and be earnest. It's better than letting him think you feel the exact same way. I don't want anyone else to be the fuck up I am.
>>
Do you not like him talking about how great you are because deep down you don't feel as amazing as he sees you? You don't want to be put on a pedestal by someone great because you don't feel "deserving" of praise or love? I've seen this commonly, even secure people can have deep seeded insecurities. I'm not saying this is the case but it's certainly a possibility and seems to be the case with most "I'm turned off by/hate being wanted".
>>
>>18232002
>rather masturbates over them and is really self-indulgent.
Yeah, he is. That's a really good way to say it.

> But you need to know why it is that you actually like this individual.
I do know. He's fun to be around and very interesting to talk to - full of interests, smart, creative, witty. He pushes me out of my comfort zone because he's rather impulsive while I'm so structured and anal-retentive. He's loving and caring. He's a good guy, very kind. Curious as all. Very accepting. He's amazing. And pretty hot, too.
I did tell him, many times, and I try to compliment him but of course it's never enough and when he asks I feel obligated.

>Encourage him to not anchor his self-worth to you, or your validation of him.
That's a good idea.
Thanks for your comment.

>>18232004
I'm scared of that, a lot. I don't want him to feel like he's not cared for because he is.
I'm just really not a person who feels much. Life has always been pretty "whatever" to me.

>>18232018
What's a good way of telling him how I feel? Like, what would hurt you less?

>>18232030
I surely don't think I am as great as he says I am.
I'm pretty fine, but he thinks I'm extraordinary and it really isn't the case.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.