[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gastric Sleeve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1215.jpg (174KB, 2400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1215.jpg
174KB, 2400x2000px
Hi,

So I'm a female in her early 20's. I've always pretty much been over weight for all of my life. I've hated my body image and it's made me suicidal for so long. I have a thyroid issue which is mostly under control. Ive tried going to the gym, taking pills, etc. I'm abou 285 pounds and 5'9. I can manage to get about down to 260 but then my weight just sticks. I get hungry a lot, and I try not to eat complete trash, (although sometimes it fails). I walk about 2-3 miles a day. I've been pretty suicidal in my life and considered what the issue is and it all goes down back to my weight issues. I feel I can't be successful in relationships while hating my body as well. (And I've tried dating a fetishist and it honestly makes me feel like it's a very unhealthy lifestyle.)

Anyway. I'm considering the gastric sleeve surgery. I have a few concerns about it and I want to get completely honest opinions on it.
Would you date a girl that's had the surgery or would you consider her to be "impure"? I'm concerned about This because I honesty feel like guys would consider me impure if I did this and I don't know if the benefits outweigh the stigma.

And I don't know honestly what the risk rate is because all the stuff I find on the internet sounds like some shill shit.

Would appreciate your input.
>>
I can't give you a pov from a guy, since I'm not one, but if you feel like this could do something good for you, go for it. I'm pretty sure they also teach you how to maintain your weight. Focus on your weight first, then worry about a future relationship
>>
>>18213706
Hello fat femanon.
>>>/fit/ read sticky and start counting calories.

And yes, you can lose about 1~2 pounds per week. And yes, losing weight is about 90% diet, 9% genetics and 1% sport.

And yes, the only way how to lose weigth is to be fucking hungry all the time. I was sort of hungry for 7 months until I reached 20bmi. The worst were first two weeks. Then it hot better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thyroid
Your excuse with thyroid is just an excuse. It is what doctor use so they dont have to tell you that you lack self controll and are morbidle obese. And of course being fat = hormones all over place.

Getting gastric is useless unless you change your life style first.

And no, you can keep eating things you like (even fucking smoothie and hamburgers) as long as calories are in check. You just have to learn yourself that 1 smoothie = 2 fat beef steaks.

Also try some low impact sport like swimming. It will boos your blood system and help with body dismorphia and low selfesteem.

And no, there is no way how to lose your fat in certain places. And no, you have to be hungry.

>impure
Your question is retarded. I wouldnt date fat chick with unhealthy life style. The surgery isnt optimal solution for your problem. Change of life style is.
>>
Why can't you just find a guy attracted to fat girls?
>>
>>18213791
I don't want to be with someone that wants me to stay this way because I want to change.
Also gives me more options in the dating world.
>>18213783
If your stomach is smaller, aren't you less hungry then? I can't stand fucking hunger, it hurts so bad, and I can't ignore it.
>>18213764
Thanks, appreciate the response
>>
>>18213804
>smaller
Well yeah. But in a few years if you dont change your ways, your stomach will eventually enlarge again. Most responsible doctors wont give you it unless you show progress in weigth loss before hand.

But i see i am wasting words here. You didnt come her for advice, but for confirmation bias. Try going to
>>>/fit/ and search for fate hate thread.
Maybe it will give you some insight and inspiration to turn your life around.

Because you seek an easy way out from a problem which has no easy solutions. This is one of reasons why losing weigth is so hard. You have to be DEDICATED to do it. Something most females lack entirely.

Btw my mom died at age 48. She was so fat doctors refused to operate her. And my dad didnt divorced her just because he was too lazy to do so. And yes, my mom basically made me fat kid in the forst place. Dont be like my fat mom femanon.

Cheers.
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>18213706
Stop being fat
>>
>>18213706
if you can't follow a diet and put in the bare minimum exercise now you wont be able to follow it after you spend 15 grand for the surgery.
>>
>>18213852
I just don't want to be hungry. I can eat better, I just can't deal with hunger pain
I already look at a lot of fat hate threads so that's not an issue
>>18213859
Thanks for the insight
>>18213865
I've tried diets and I can follow them
>>
File: undertale_by_ky_nim-d9kqlwg.png (56KB, 530x583px) Image search: [Google]
undertale_by_ky_nim-d9kqlwg.png
56KB, 530x583px
>>18213965
As i told you. Only first few days / week was terrible for me. My body was in quite schock once i dropped (mostly) the sugar intake. Sleep was terrible, mood was terrible, i was sweating like crazy on 3rd day and if i didnt have other things to keep me happy, i would be very very sad person. It was like food was my only source of happines. But it got better. On 500 kcal deficit diet, you dont have enourmous hunger pains. I just ate two times per day and that was it.

>diets
And the thing about diets, it is all almost scam. You simply cant eat the same amount of food (no matter what type) as you are now used to, because this state is what keeps you fat.

You literally have to endure it, or remain fat for rest of your life. Use determination. Or be fat. Your choice.

And really people who have never been fat dont know how easy they have it. The struggle is real.
>>
My girlfriend got the gastric sleeve and it took her a year to notice the fat start to shift. She also has thyroid/hormonal issues so it was an uphill battle to lose any weight.

Lapband on the other hand has been successful for almost everyone I know BUT....if you aren't careful, the weight creeps back on.

There are also appetite injections called saxenda that you can speak to your dr about. They're usually for high cholesterol patients but now prescribing them for weightloss.

I just want to tell you that you need to start the journey from within. Really accept yourself and love it for what you are today, but work on being a better version of you at the same time. Your weight can and will come off if you undergo surgery, but the hatred of yourself is not so easy to shift after years of bashing yourself.

Be healthy inside and out. The thing that helped me was viewing food like medicine. "If I eat X it will have Y impact on my body and so on"

Avocado and water are your best friend.
>>
My wife did a gastric bypass and it was the best decision ever. Now instead of turning into a blubbering pile of tears because she's 250 lbs, she cries because she's 150 lbs.

It turns out that there's no surgery for self-esteem problems, but at least she's less embarrassing to show to strangers.
>>
Former fatanon here, I've lost 110 pounds. Let me tell you now, you need to cut any and all "diet" or fad shit. It's time to completely change what you buy and consume when shopping. There's many things to cover when it comes to proper diet but for now let's just say cut all dairy and sugar, you are now allergic to them. Switching my mind to this has helped wonders, I actually get sick now when I have dairy, most likely through placebo and it keeps me away from it. You can have oils and fats because your brain needs it, it's the sugar that will fuck you up. Tons of veggies and protein. It's also time to hit some weights. Muscle cells take way more calories to maintain than fat cells so building lean muscle will help you lose weight and keep the weight gone, no yo-yo back and forth. Also, to avoid metabolic damage, don't try to lose weight too fast, it took us years to get fat so it's going to take time to lose it, I lost about 70lbs in about 6 months when I started and gained back 50 having to start over because I didn't build proper muscle to keep the fat away. You may not see progress in months and that's okay, you're becoming healthier inside first. If you still don't see results after this, there's something wrong inside, most likely hormones, and you have to be tested for literally everything to find it. Best of luck, I hope this doesn't sound too "bro-sciencey"
You can do it, you have an iron will and will crush the past you, always improve.
>>
>>18214852
To add on to my last statement, you won't bulk up like a guy by doing weights, women typically don't have the testosterone to do so. It'll build some good lean muscle and more than likely help achieve that "hour-glass" figure
>>
>>18214852
Things like vegetables are negative calories and you can eat how ever much you want. Hungry all the time? Good, you need to constantly eat to keep that metabolism moving. You'll start getting used to tastes of foods that are "bland" now and you'll have more energy and maybe even get somewhat addicted to the gym after a while because you'll feel so good. It's all a matter of keeping it up.
>>
>>18213706
Have you looked into the ketogenic diet? I'm a woman that suffers from both hypothyroid and PCOS. I've never had successful long-term weight loss outside of keto. It's slow, due to the issues mentioned above, but it's working. Look into /r/keto and /r/xxketo. You generally stay under 20g of carbs, eat moderate protein, and then use fat to stay sated. But the first few weeks can be rough due to keto flu, which you can bypass by keeping your electrolytes up and drinking a lot of water. I went from having a ravenous sweet tooth and always being hungry to having a difficult time getting my intake of food. I went from 230 to 190 in half a year with little exercise.

>I'm considering the gastric sleeve surgery.
If you can't keep the weight off normally, you're not going to have much success with surgery. There are so many instances of people gaining all the weight back because their habits still weren't good enough.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.