[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Politics and my Openness has Ruined Dating for Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: c9a.jpg (20KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
c9a.jpg
20KB, 369x400px
I don't know where to begin. Of late, I feel like my politics and morals have isolated me because I am open about them. I do my best not to lie about things, so when I think something is stupid I call it out. I think deeply and responding accordingly. I would call that simply being ethical, but the level of butt hurt I seem to kick up astounds me. This is especially true when it comes to dating. Over and over again, I deal with girls suddenly turning cold due to my support of the President. I'm never asked about his stance on women. It usually simply devolves into

"How can you be so smart but support Trump?"

So I usually explain how I got to that point politically. They nod, they listen. They politely agree and then disappear.

A year ago, I would say I was a Moderate. But everything I seem to love is now considered Politically Incorrect and wrong.

Some will probably call this just desserts, but I am tired of being jerked out like this. I wouldn't care who someone voted for if I felt like they put the time in to be informed when doing so.

They say fake it til you make it, but I want to be honest with people when trying to get to know them. I would hope others would treat me accordingly.

Maybe I'm just autistic?
>>
Nah you're not autistic, I'm the same as you. I made out with some girl at a party, there was a cardboard Trump on the wall and she ripped it down and stomped on it. I said I didn't agree with that and it wasn't her property and she stopped talking to me. I really don't want to believe it but most girls act like children
>>
File: 1475837446628.jpg (26KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475837446628.jpg
26KB, 720x720px
>>18193610

>Maybe I'm just autistic?

Yes, no one wants to be around someone who thinks that everyone who disagrees with them are stupid. You can call it "being honest" or "calling it out" but the truth is you're just a bit of a cunt with a superiority complex and no one likes it.

You're obviously not that smart or this wouldn't be so perplexing to you.
>>
>>18193621

>I really don't want to believe it but most girls act like children

>>>/r9k/

Back to your containment board, kiddo.
>>
>>18193610

Our president makes fun of people, like, a lot. How intelligent could you possibly be if you don't understand why some people might be a little pissed about that?

>but I want to be honest with people when trying to get to know them

I'd avoid that if I were you. You don't seem very likable.
>>
>>18193630

People were completely fine with me until I opened up about voting for Trump. So either they wanted a reason to dislike me and never had one or politics is a real deal breaker of late?
>>
File: 1491430958803.png (609KB, 1808x3731px) Image search: [Google]
1491430958803.png
609KB, 1808x3731px
>>18193629
No, he's right. Women suffrage was a mistake. Women influence government emotionally and selfishly, like a child.
>>
>>18193610
Just don't talk about politics with people unless you know they can handle the discussion. For some reason, most people take political beliefs very seriously and they will become get really upset if you try to argue a different belief. That's why most people avoid politics as a talking point. This is especially true now, as Trump is insanely controversial, so you should not be talking to others about him unless they really want to talk politics.
>>
>>18193610
>most girls aren't found of a guy who brags about sexual assault and fucks up their country with idiotic policies
Jesus, who could've guessed!

Either that or people around you are very intolerant to opposing views. With the political climate in Murica now, that wouldn't be too shocking either.

>People were completely fine with me until I opened up about voting for Trump.
Perhaps it's the way how you explain the whys?
>>
>>18193610
If politics keep coming back up while you're dating then you are probably bringing it up somehow. I would suggest you seek out women who voted for Trump. I would say go after women who have no interest in politics but if you seem to find yourself discussing politics alot now you just need to get with a Republican girl.
>>
>>18193644

Here's the thing about voting and candidates...

What matters isn't the platform, it's the person. My dad is a liberal but he voted for Trump because he liked his character more than Hillary's. You're making the mistake of thinking people judge who you vote for based on their platform. You vote for someone based on who they are not what they believe, and whether you accept it or not that is how you will be judged.
>>
>>18193610

What happens:

>girl gets mad about politics
>argue about it
>she stops talking to you
>go on /adv/ and complain about politics preventing dating

What should happen instead:

>girl gets mad about politics
>friendzone her at minimum
>be happy politics revealed how she acts in a disagreement
>bullet dodged

It's actually a good thing.
>>
>>18193682
This x10000000 never thought about it this way thank you anon
>>
Shout out to the people who have offered good advice.

I do my best not to bring up politics because I have experienced this so often. Everything is going well, then they figure out I support Trump whether by seeing my inauguration photos, goofy Trump magnet, or a Trump hat in my room.

What would be a nightmare scenario for me is having to essentially purge all signs of affiliation.

Background on me - I worked for the Republican Party early on in my work life. After the 2008 election, I completely lost any faith in GOP. This was the first time I felt like I could support them again. I'm getting older. I just want a family, a patch of land to have chickens, bees, a garden, and simply want to be left alone with those I love.
>>
>>18193664
I didn't know this was a cringe thread
>>
>>18193610
Literally a possibility. Not realizing social cues and when someone clearly shows signs they want to change the subject is a sign of aspergers.
>>
>>18193708
this is a blue board
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.