[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 28, girl is 19, is it ok to date her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: question.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
I'm 28, girl is 19, is it ok to date her?
>>
sure. but you might want to avoid getting her pregnant.

im 31 and id totally fuck a 19 year old
>>
>>18159486
at least you have a girl you can date
>>
If you have to ask , it's probably not okay
>>
>>18159493
shh its fine. as long as its legal.
>>
>>18159486
It's legal but kind of gross.

I'm a 30 year old female and I would be turned off completely if I found out someone my age was willing to date someone so much younger. So you may be tainting yourself - be sure this 19 year old is worth the taint.
>>
>>18159507
19 year old women are in their prime, and they're legally adults. theres nothing wrong with it at all. a lot of younger girls like older guys anyway
>>
File: CqBt6JZWEAAF5V-.jpg large.jpg (85KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
CqBt6JZWEAAF5V-.jpg large.jpg
85KB, 706x706px
>>18159507
>I'm turned off because my competitors beat me to the finish line
If I'm not dating you, how does it affect my life in any way that you're turned off?

t. 33 year old male, anxiously awaiting the shitstorm ITT
>>
>>18159486
Is the age of consent where you live 19 or less? If yes, then it's ok
>>
>>18159515
There's nothing legally wrong with it, morally is a bit more of a gray area.

Again, I'm 30 and I can't imagine dating a 19 year old. We'd have nothing in common. It would be an incredibly shallow relationship and I would personally feel downright predatory engaging in one. There is a huge difference in life experience for the average 30 year old and the average 19 year old.

If I met someone and found this out about them, I would consider it a pretty big red flag. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's an instant write off, but it's pretty close.

OP may or may not care about other people's perceptions, and that's his right. I'm just giving him mine.
>>
>>18159486
The rule is typically, for dating younger than you, half your age +7
28/2 is 14, plus 7 is 21.

BUUUUUT, you're both pretty young, so I don't think it's a huge deal. Get that teenage ass.
>>
>>18159519
I'm assuming my perception is going to be shared by at least a good percentage of other women his age. If I'm incorrect, I apologize for being an outlier. Obviously he does not need to worry about dating me specifically.
>>
>>18159526
>the rule
Opinions aren't rules.

>it's a belief
Things you toss at other people for your own benefit aren't beliefs.
>>
>>18159524
i would have one thing in common with a 19 year old girl, and thats all that matters. i dont want some serious relationship with a 19 year old.
>>
>>18159532
What does the 19 year old want?
>>
>>18159486
why not? 18 is legal in most places
>>
>>18159531
My own benefit? WTF are you talking about? This is a board for advice, that's what I gave.
>>
>>18159526
33 / 2 = 16.5
16.5 + 7 = 23.5

I'd hit it, but much over that and I'd worry about her having 100x more partners than me and risking incurable diseases.

Notice how there is no "moral rule" for number of sex partners. I never subscribed to this fake religion and I'm not going to obey its commandments.
>>
>>18159539
Preaching is not advice.
>>
>>18159532
I should also add that I'm a 30 year old woman who had sex with a 30 year old man when I was around 20, and I felt taken advantage of afterwards, so that may be coloring my perception.

Still, it's not unusual for me to meet other women who bitch about the loser older men they dated when they were in their late teens and early 20s.
>>
>>18159542
There absolutely should be, though, you're right about that.

>>18159547
Not preaching, just giving advice. Sorry you couldn't tell that "I don't think it's a huge deal" is advice.
>Hint: incase you still don't get it, it means I think it's fine
>>
>>18159550
If you got played hard by someone your same age, would it feel better than getting played hard by someone older than you?

inb4 post-wall women get played by high school boys
>>
>>18159507
>the 19yo chick has hots for me
>I met her thanks to my hot co-worker that is my age and I'd gladly bang
>>
>>18159524
Thanks moral police... Just kidding, I'm 30 too and I'd probably not think too highly of one of my peers dating a 19 year old. Now that's not to say I wouldn't fuck the 19 year old, but I'd drop her afterwards because the possible stigma of actually dating her. I wouldn't care if one of my peers fucked a 19 year old and told me about it, but for some reason dating would be seen as a negative.

I agree though, personally I would care what people think about me in regards to dating a 19 year old. Say what you will about my character but that's just me, and I'm pretty sure most of society would agree with me. So it's not worth it to be on the shit end for a relationship that's most likely not going to turn into anything long term.

And that's my two cents.
>>
>>18159557
>There absolutely should be, though, you're right about that.
Agreed.

>Sorry you couldn't tell that "I don't think it's a huge deal" is advice.
Your rosy cheeks are showing, if you want to hide them better then maybe don't act sanctimonious about it so much. Cheat tip: saying it quicker is saying it sharper.
>>
>>18159564
>I met her thanks to my hot co-worker that is my age and I'd gladly bang

When you put it that way, the same-age woman is bro af. She deserves an exception for being an exceptional person.
>>
>>18159568
LOL, if giving advice on an advice board, to you, seems like I'm being sanctimonious, that's kind of strange. But ok
>>
>>18159560
I've been played hard by someone my own age. I would say it felt worse but it was a totally different circumstance where I really trusted someone. I'm not sure I can really compare the two situations fairly.

In the case of sleeping with the 30 year old, he was a friend who got me drunk and slept with me (I was conscious and depressed about getting rejected by a guy I liked, it wasn't a rape situation). I went from thinking he was a really great guy to thinking he was a loser and never speaking to him again. It didn't traumatize me or anything; I just didn't want anything to do with him anymore. Looking back on the situation as someone who is now the age that he was then, I still think he was a loser, even moreso. The idea of me getting a 20 year old drunk and then sleeping with him is unthinkable.
>>
>>18159582
>check out my hostility

That's some pretty nice hostility. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm mostly focused on people who are making actual conversation.
>>
>>18159581
Yeah, but the young one is ez target, and I follow no co-workers rule.

Still, could have bad time if she finds out, I guess.
>>
>>18159594
> I follow no co-workers rule.
That's a risk, not just for yourself but also for the employer. That's pretty-much-all of the reason why it's so widely frowned upon.
>>
>>18159583
> I went from thinking he was a really great guy to thinking he was a loser and never speaking to him again. It didn't traumatize me or anything; I just didn't want anything to do with him anymore

+1 for telling the truth, extra +1 for *not* being rustled about it.

If your mindset were the norm then "the wall" would not be what it is.

(deleted and reposted to fix muggleborn typing errors)
>>
File: 1388028583257.jpg (115KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1388028583257.jpg
115KB, 1000x563px
>>18159486

Its not a matter of ok, really. Technically its ok. What isn't okay is you and a 19 year old girl being on the same level of maturity. Its not a good sign. She's still a child and you're well into your middle-adulthood. People at your age and her age should be at completely different places in their lives psychologically. The fact that you aren't is troubling.
>>
>>18159595
I don't know what you mean by "the wall"

I'm just warning the OP that, in the eyes of at least some women, this is the guy he's choosing to be if he sticks his dick in a 19 year old. It's not a good look to us.

OP can choose to care about that or not. If a 19 year old being interested in him is a fluke of nature, I would advise him to choose the higher road. If he can get all the 20 year old ass he wants, then he has less of an incentive to care what 30 year old women think.
>>
>>18159609
>Its not a matter of ok, really. Technically its ok. What isn't okay

Holy shit, the goalposts grew feet.
>>
>>18159610
> It's not a good look to us.
"Us" does not mean half of humanity. "Us" means you and others who share your interests, in all likelihood a group of people OP is not trying to impress. If you would turn a guy down for his prior partners then that's all the more reason for him to not tell you about them, just like university chicks don't tell their future husband what happened in Cancun.

>I don't know what you mean by "the wall"
Woman over 30 who crybullies about same-age men dating younger women instead of working harder to win the guys back. You're just voicing your disapproval, and acting like it's THEIR job to come back to you rather than your job to give them a good reason.
>>
>>18159615

>Holy shit, the goalposts grew feet.

You knew what I meant. Don't play dumb.
>>
>>18159633
Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you have a point.
>>
>>18159635

>Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you have a point.

Then address the content of the post instead of just tossing out a sarcastic one-liner and patting yourself on the back. You're more than welcome to disagree with me, just try to do it with a semblance of intelligence. Use your big boy words.
>>
File: 16438220.jpg (49KB, 430x318px) Image search: [Google]
16438220.jpg
49KB, 430x318px
>>18159640
Words like yours are reasons why post-wall women are less valuable than women in their late teens or early 20s. Post-wall uses your tone pretty much nonstop unless they're trying really really hard to seduce a guy.

>give me the words I want to hear
Nope!
>>
>>18159628
I'm not acting like that all. Talk about projection. I have a boyfriend and I give men plenty of reasons to want me - I work out, I eat decently, I have a good job, a nice home, and a decent personality with cultivated interests, etc.

OP asked if it as ok. I answered that it's not ok by me and told him he could take it or leave it. If he leaves it, it's no skin off my nose. I just figured it's unlikely there are any other older femanons lurking about to give him their perspective.

Of course a woman saying "That's not totally ok with me" is going to cause the usual 4chan NEET army to start freaking out by the sheer audacity.
>>
>>18159646

Yet again, you fail to reference any of the words I actually said. At this point your only ability has been to criticize the person saying the words, not the words themselves. It highlights your inability to intelligently analyze anything.

>Words like yours are reasons why post-wall women are less valuable than women in their late teens or early 20s. Post-wall uses your tone pretty much nonstop unless they're trying really really hard to seduce a guy.

I don't know what any of that is supposed to mean or what it has to do with what we're talking about. I highly admire the average red piller's ability to turn even the most mundane of conversations into a sperg-out about how much women suck. For someone so strikingly incapable of utilizing basic reading and comprehension skills I find your analysis of other peoples' value amusing and ironic. Regardless, this is the wrong board for that nonsense, buddy.

>>>/r9k/ is where you want to be.

>give me the words I want to hear

You're right, it was ridiculous of me to ask you to communicate like an adult with a functional frontal lobe. I'm sorry I tried to put that burden of responsibility on you.
>>
>>18159535
Ding! We're done here.

The "rule" is not half plus seven. The rule is age of consent and giving of consent.
>>
>>18159679
>Yet again, you fail to reference any of the words I actually said.
Not my fault you can't contain your fire and brimstone.

Try eating less chili.
>>
>>18159567
That's fair. For what it's worth, I never delve into the specifics of sexual history with guys I date so I'd be unlikely to find out about it anyway. If I did stumble across this information somehow, I would consider it still to be kind of gross, but it's not the big red flag that dating someone so much younger is.
>>
File: American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg (216KB, 590x322px) Image search: [Google]
American-psycho-bateman-1-.jpg
216KB, 590x322px
>>18159486
To what end? At 28, you should be looking for marriage partners. Not teenie boppers.

Pump it and dump it. That fish is too young. Throw it back.
>>
>>18159742
19f is too young for marriage but not too young for courting.

30f is too old for just getting started then and there. If she wants to get married and have kids then she should be phoning up the dudes she already knows. She would probably be 35 before the first child is born, and then the kids are crippled with neurological issues because their father made the mistake of marrying rotten eggs.
>>
Uh, not to hijack the thread, but I'm 25 and dating a 20 year old girl, do people really think a relationship like this would be 'predatory' or creepy? I mean in OP's case the age difference is a little more dramatic, but still- I'm curious.
>>
>>18159778
Older women get asspained and start preaching angrily. Don't worry about them, they weren't going to make you happy anyway.
>>
>>18159778
I'm the 30/f who used "predatory". I don't think there's anything weird about 25 and 20. I would expect you to have a little more life experience than your girlfriend, but not massive amounts.

I would say 28 and 19 is pretty much in the beginning of the "creepy" territory. I think when you start nearing a decade of difference in age, especially that young, the difference in life experience is going to be pretty dramatic.

I do think age difference starts getting more meaningless as you get older, but who knows, maybe I'll look at 30 year olds as if they're babies when I'm 40.
>>
>>18159486
That's a big gap for those ages. Of course I have a ten year age difference in my relationship, but no one is in their 20s either. I'd say don't date anyone under 21 at 28.
>>
>>18159486
As long as she's 18, you could be 100 as far as the law cares

But in all seriousness, it shouldn't matter. Once she's legal, age really is just a number. You're dating a cute girl who is technically still a teenager. You're the envy of all men. Embrace that while it lasts, she'll likely consider you a mistake when she comes to her senses (or not. Teenagers are stupid).
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.