[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3237.jpg (100KB, 680x676px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3237.jpg
100KB, 680x676px
>have shitty grocery store job
>cute girl comes in usually once or twice a week at the same time
>finally start talking to her and get her number
>we plan on going out for a date
>she cancels on me multiple times
>try to be patient but feeling played
>she says it's because her dog is really sick and stuff about his vet appointments and needing someone to watch him if she goes out
>at a point get really fed up
>imply she's using him as an excuse to cancel on me and he isn't actually sick
>unholyrage.jpg
>she sends me numerous photos of vet receipts, his injectable medication, etc
>the bills are all between $35 to $600 each
>didn't realize she was literal when she said he was going in almost daily
>rattles off shit about him having some horrible autoimmune condition and skin infection that suddenly came on and other shit that I really don't understand
>"yeah, my best friend for 10 years is DYING, but that's just an excuse to not go on a date with you. Right."
>apologize to her
>she never replied

I feel so fucking bad. How do I fix this
>>
Well, I can't blame you. Women are horribly fickle and cancel dates because they simply don't feel like it.

She sounds like a bitch who probably will never have "time" for your date anyways. That is if you're not Chad, in which case she would have just asked you to come over to fuck her.
>>
>>18094401
You must be popular with the ladies
>>
>>18094401
Well she did offer that instead of going out we just get some takeout and watch anime and play vidya at her place so she can keep an eye on him, but I'm kinda old fashioned about dates I suppose. It seems too casual for a first date. Trashy I guess?
>>
There is no way to fix it. Right off the bat you put your fragile male ego and insecurity on display in all its ugliness. There's no coming back from that.
>>
>>18094392
You're not the only person to end up at the conclusion: "she's using her dog to avoid me."
Her reaction also makes it seem like you're not the first one to call her out on her dog excuses. Even if they're legit, they're still excuses. She should never have agreed to a set date time knowing her dog could get in the way.

You've already apologized, so I wouldn't say anything more to her. if you must, I would say something along the lines of "if you ever end up with some free time and want to get coffee or something, let me know"
>>
>>18094405
Lol off yourself. Do you want a date or not? Stop being picky about a situation that sounds really nice and laidback. You sound like you want a classic date from the 50s
>>
File: bread_roll.jpg (45KB, 298x380px) Image search: [Google]
bread_roll.jpg
45KB, 298x380px
>>18094392
Yeah, forget about her, my man. You royally fucked up, and there's no coming back from this. I'd even go so far as to say that you deserve it.

What even is it that makes you feel so entitled? She was going through a rough time, and you couldn't be patient just for a second to give her some space to rebound.

The people in this thread who blame the girl have absolutely no capacity to empathy.
>>
File: 1487555364658.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487555364658.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>18094401
This. Sad but true. Fuck Chad
>>
File: 1488047937465.jpg (82KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488047937465.jpg
82KB, 650x500px
>>18094408
Perfect
>>
>>18094392
>How do I fix this

You don't. Instead you use it as a learning experience in the future to not be so needy towards people you barely know.
>>
>>18094401

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>18094408
to me it sounds like she really was hoping to go out with him, hence why she kept making plans, but then he blew it
>>
If you thought she was tricking you to get out of a date, why didn't you just drop her? Why call her a liar with no proof? You end up with no date either way.
>if she's lying, both of you get mad, you get no date
>if she's telling the truth, you've shown you don't trust her before even knowing her, you get no date

You showed a lot of undesirable qualities with one action: insecure, controlling, untrusting, judgmental, immature, impolite, uncaring in a time of need. It's not how a stable person reacts. If she didn't want to see you, she wouldn't have offered an alternative solution (meeting at her house). You can't salvage it, and you'll have trouble with women going forward if you don't change your thinking. Sorry if this is all harsh, but you did do the right thing by apologizing.
>>
>>18094578
The reason he blew it was cause he had an entitled mindset.
>>
>>18094563
This. It's pretty fucking forward to just accuse someone you don't know at all of playing you. If you think they do, you stop talking to them, but don't go all out making actual accusations. You can't come back from this. Yeah it's understandable that you jumped to the conclusion that she was making excuses, but can't you imagine how angry it would make you if you were stressed the fuck out making those expenses for your beloved pet on the daily, only to have some cunt you never even met up with yet accuse you of betraying her in whatever way? I'm pretty sure you'd be done with her shit right away.
>>
>>18094408
>>18094463

I think, just a thought, maybe she is a little obsessed with here own "woman" psych. Like what most of woman do just by messaging/ talking is looking how long a man would sustain the connection "keeping in contact".what you guy said...
>>
>>18094607
That there's women who will happily kill time by chatting with men they have no real interest in doesn't mean they are literally sitting around waiting how long it takes for a man to stop making conversations happen.

I agree with the post you quoted. OP asked her out, she tried to make time but was prevented because this issue popped up. Could even be a totally new thing she could not have seen coming. OP points out that he doesn't like her flaking a few times. She explains that shit's going down and she simply does not have the opportunity. Then he accuses her of fabricating a sob story to lead him on, which is 100% false.

If someone can't understand why she'd be not interested in meeting up anymore after this, they are seriously emotionally stunted. Yeah she could've communicated better and been more on top of stuff but honestly, I find it no more than normal that it was not her priority in this context.
>>
>>18094392

You don't. You fucked up. Instead of sperging out and be like "hurr Durr ur a flake" you should have just hung out at her place, especially when she gave you the option.

Hopefully you learned from this and you do the opposite of what you did next time with another lady, cause you have no chance with this one.
>>
>>18094392
>How do I fix this

You can't. You already gave away any semblance of dignity and masculinity you had left.
>>
I've been thinking maybe I can bring her and her dog some sort of gift, what's a good present to give a sick dog?

>>18094417
What's so wrong with that though? I just wanted a nice dinner with her

>>18094463
I did give her time, I just felt like she repeatedly brushed me off
>>
>>18094392
Damn this sucks bro. You got unlucky and encountered the 10% chance her bluff is true.
To be honest if you want to salvage this you'll basically have to start from square one. As in don't text for for a bit and only talk when she comes into your store (if she even comes back at all, if not then drop her altogether). Then once you've both gotten over it and feel comfortable texting her begin to do so.

It's unlikely she will go out with you now desu, but not impossible. Give it time. Next time you see her in person just quickly say "Hey again I'm really sorry for what I said, I've just been a little stressed out and took it out on you which was unfair"

Don;t hold your breath, fellow sperg
>>
That would piss me off, but maybe I've just got a short temper.

How long before the allotted time were you informed?

Holy shit, though. If she was going to be an uppity cunt, I wouldn't even worry about it. You've saved yourself some trouble.
>>
>>18095291
A nice urn with a ribbon on it.
>>
>>18094405
>Leave out crucial detail that shows everything in a different light

Well played.
You're just dumb as hell. You don't fix this, because you behaved like a cunt, plain and simple. If achick makes you a definite counteroffer and even invites you straight to her place , there is no way she's just stringing you along.

Btw, why do you prefer making awkward conversation over an overpriced meal to actually bonding over a fun activity like playing vidya together and showing each other your favorite animes? It kinda boggles the mind. Don't take your cues from Disney movies, as you see it leads to nothing good.
>>
>>18094392
Yeah you fucked up alright

By apologizing

If she was really interested in you

She
Would
Find
Time

Even in between all the appointments and shit. Thats how it works dont beat yourself up over it. She wouldnt even be saying she will go in the first place if she really thought about you in a potential light
>>
>>18094401
See this.

Meet Mr Funbags.
He is a genuine ray of sunshine and a pure pleasure to be around.
SO dishy.
>>
>>18095436
>>18095703
Y'all missed the part where she offered an alternative plan of him coming over to her place so she could still care for the dog and they would have a comfy relaxing date togegther, and OP turned it down because he thought he was too good for that
>>
>>18095436
shortest notice cancellation was about two hours beforehand, she said the person she arranged to watch him while she went out flaked and she couldn't find someone else who could because she needed someone who could deal with his medical stuff and apparently normal pet sitters were telling her they wouldn't do it? I'll see if I still have the texts

that's when she suggested me picking up food and coming over to her place to watch anime and play vidya, but honestly that sounded like a shitty sweatpants date..
>>
>>18096061
>a shitty sweatpants date

Man, that girl dodged a bullet. Why are you so hung up on being as boring as possible?
Do you even have anything in your life that is fun to you? I mean the whole point of girls is that you do stuff with them and have fun.
And no, just having a girl around isn't fun in and of itself.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.