[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you live as a hermit ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I can't stand human society anymore, all of it. I'm fucking done with this shit.

I'm fantasizing about retiring in the woods in the middle of buttfuck nowhere so no one bothers me ever again

I'll sacrifice anything, anything so I can finally be at peace so how do I become a hermit ?
>>
>>18036660

go camping for a month first, see if you can actually stand it.
>>
>>>/out/
>>
I don't recommend going that extreme.

I live on 12 acres in the mountains 20 minutes from the freeway but it's as remote as I'll ever need. I see the same people pretty much every day and it's comfy.
>>
>>18036660
Fuck homesteading or being a hobo
Try getting a boat, you can sail the world while people think you're a hermit but you'll never be alone
>>
This is dumb. Why go into the woods when you can live on a deserted island? You only need the money to get there and you are set.

>warmer
>not hounded by wolves
>possibly fruit and shit
>all the fish you can catch
>maybe some wild game
>nigga do you know about bears?
>will smell any food you have and fuck your shit up
>literally had a bear break open and eat half a can of paint one summer
>bears live in the woods but not on islands
>calming wave sounds to lull you to sleep
>can still be a forested island if you really like trees

Just be sure to pick an island with no carnivores and a fresh water supply.
>>
I think about this a lot. The main advice I can give is to make it as easy as possible on you to escape. The fantasy of living in the woods, growing your own food, etc is just that, a fantasy and would be as hard as fuck to do.

So stop thinking about cabins in the woods and start looking to people who have escaped the rat race for real. They all have something in common - a low cost of living and some replacement income.

Here's a good page to read:

http://ranprieur.com/land/FAQ.html

"When I first bought the land I thought I was going to build a cabin and live there, but I eventually figured out that rural homesteading is not for me. The closer you get to total self-sufficiency, the harder you have to work, and the farther you get from it, the more time you have to spend driving into the city to buy stuff and make money. In practice, you're likely to do too much work and too much driving, while also being too socially isolated."

Instead, start reading blogs like money moustache, retireby40, and other early retirement info sources.

tl;dr ditch the cabin, live small, save a lot, get free.

Personally, I'm not quite there, but I'm close. AMA
>>
http://www.textfiles.com/survival/
https://www.reddit.com/r/vandwelling/
>>
>>18037444
nice trips and so far the more realistic advice
up to the point where:
>retireby40
kind of a miserable life to break your back for another 15~ years and then get literally trapped in the rat race because you actually fell for the "retire by 40" meme.

sadly I don't have much advice to give, I am starting to feel the same, but I am indeed aware of the difficulties of living off the land and such. Growing your own food... nope. it's hard. The wood cabin life is too idealized. >>18036827 is right about bears as well, but indeed if you're near water you can fish for food.
Also watch Primitive Technology on Jewtoov and learn how to make a little adobe house. Read "The complete book of self sufficiency" by John Seymour to learn a skill or two that might be useful.
I would suggest you join a comune, but finding one is very hard, precisely because they're detached from modern society.
My actual plan to actually get away from modern society is to find a little rural area far from any big cities, and try to make my place there; probably make a little adobe house for myself and to eat I would both fish and also work for the people there, maybe seek an apprenticeship with a carpenter or something like that.
I'd say that the best thing is not to isolate ourselves completely from society, but to learn how to harmonize with them. Plus, people in small rural areas are very much different from people in the cities, they are really warm and welcoming, unless you're in a place like texas of course.
Anyway, if you work to help other people, you'll grow on those people and they'll in turn take care of you, they'll want to keep you around to give them a hand now and then.
Bonus points f you learn something like herbolary medicine.
You gotta try everything, it's not impossible to live a life off the grid, and it's probably better than study-work-die pretending to retire by 40
>>
File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>18036660
>I'll sacrifice anything
u sure about that kid?
>>
Anything is ANYTHING*

*internet does not apply
>>
>>18037650
retireby40.org is just the name of an ER website. The guy that runs it actually retired in his late 30s and is by no means trapped in the rat race.

But, I don't get why you think early retirement is a meme. Lots of people have done it, it just takes sticking to a plan.

Also, look at early retirement extreme, another great website, only these folks have cut down their budget even further and were able to FIRE (financially independent retired early) in 5-10 years. I admit that they're a little too extreme for my taste, but it shows what can be done.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.