[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is a visible difference between not working out at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0541.jpg (92KB, 614x756px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0541.jpg
92KB, 614x756px
There is a visible difference between not working out at all and doing 15 pushups every day.It does not sound like much but it makes a huge long term difference to not working out. It does not take long and it makes a visible difference. If you struggle with 15, do 10. If 15 make you smile do 20.
>>
>P.M. crash at school or work?
Push-ups.
>Commercial break?
Push-ups.
>Waiting on your next Dota/CSGO/Overwatch match?
Push-ups.
It's a great exercise that helps you look and feel good. It costs no money.
>>
Put your knees on the ground if you need to. Elevate your feet if you want a challenge.
>>
Do more push-ups.
>>
File: téléchargement (20).jpg (4KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (20).jpg
4KB, 200x152px
>makes a huge long term difference
>>
The only reason you posted this here is because /fit/ would laugh at you for the dumb advice.
>>
>>17986659

this iss something ive been learning. even if you cant wokr out, it doesnt hurt to do as many push ups as you can when you can. even if its ten at a time.

i tend to do 10 an hour, and if i get exhausted just how many i can once an hour.

getting good results.

is that pic you on a push ups only routine?
>>
>>17986691
That's not me.
>>
File: IMG_0389.png (160KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0389.png
160KB, 2048x1536px
>>17986683
Why would I post this in >>>/fit/ if they already know this shit?
>>
>>17986683

its not dumb advice, its good advice, if it was dumb advice it'd be something everyones already doing, when most people act like the only choices are being a roided muscle man or a skinny fag.
>>
https://youtu.be/4dF1DOWzf20
>>
>>17986659
Do you understand those 10 push ups a day literally do nothing. It'll take you a year of push ups to get a small triceps instead of going to the gym for 3 months and get real muscles. Only doing push ups are a cop out so you can feel good about yourself thinking hey I worked out today I'm really good. Go to a gym instead of just faking working out. Push-ups are the lowest thing to do and literally do nothing.
>>
>>17986691
Dude if you go to a gym and do chest and triceps workouts your gonna get triple the results you think your getting now. Trust me the tricep is such a underused muscle , once you work it out for real you'll understand
>>
I'm finding the same thing with squats. I just do 25 a day and my ass looks perkier within a week or two.
>>
my only problem is that whenever i do pushups my kitty gets really interested and comes running up under me and purring and trying to stick her nose in my face and then she flops over and purrs and paws at my hands until im done and then i have to pet her and kiss her head and play with her for a few minutes

anyone else have this problem???
>>
>>17987115
Yes but with my Fluttershy tulpa.
>>
>>17986722
This.

>>17987087
See?
>>
>There is a visible difference between not working out at all and doing 15 pushups every day.

That is only if you are a skinnyfag. If you are a fatfag it doesnt matter how many pushups you do because you will still have a layer of fat overtop your muscle.
>>
>>17987090

im not arguing against that, just that if you are one of those assholes who refuse to go to a gym, just doing push ups every day will greatly increase your quality of life.

soem people DONT Want to become hardcore dieters. for them a vitamin will at least help.
>>
>>17986659
This is how I started working out.
>>
>>17987215

If you take care of your body you won't ever need to diet
>>
>>17986683
It's not dumb. If you don't want to lift weights, then don't, but doing basic bodyweight stuff (jogging, dips, pull ups, hand-stand push ups, pistol squats etc.) is absolutely necessary for a man to stay healthy.
>>
I don't know why more people don't do this. It only takes a few minutes to do a few squats, pushups and sit ups. You can even do it when watching TV.
>>
>>17986722
>lifting with serious weights will make you a roided muscle man

ffs when will this stupid meme end already, you don't blow up into He-Man proportions if you start lifting
>>
>>17987519
unfortunately
>>
I agree with the concept of doing at least a minimal amount of exercise every day. Pushups are a pretty bad pick though. ESPECIALLY if you're fat. More weight to lift + less muscle to do it with = exponentially harder with no additional benefit. There are plenty of other better exercises one can do in your spare time.
>>
>>17987710
Like what?

I wanna try out a home only body building routine for at least a year, I know this won't give turn my body into an aesthetic masterpiece, but I wanna go from super small frame to at least a decent enough frame.
>>
>>17986659
I'm doing 30 each day
>>
>>17986659
Yeah, the great big secret of exercise is that it really takes a pathetically small amount of exercise to get you to look better than 95% of people AS LONG AS YOU DO IT REGULARLY. People who have never tried exercising every day think you need to lift a million pounds and do 20 different exercises to get ripped when in reality you just have to move your body for 30 minutes every day.
>>
>>17987731
Get some dumbells and a bench if you've got the space. You can work pretty much everything with just that.

Squats, lunges, pressups, crunches/yoga shit on your back are the best bodyweight exercises with no equipment. Pull ups are great, but you need a bar. Anything further than that and you're into the meme territory of trying to use your leg like a weight to build up your arms.
>>
>>17987731
Pullups/chinups like 3x5
L-sit progression
Diamond pushups, dips like 3x8
Rows
Squats
>>
All these "even a little bit is better than nothing posts" are absolutely true.

It is also, however, absolutely true that if you want to get actually decently fit and not just be "better looking than the average 4/10 American hambeast," a measly little half-assed "I DID SOMETHING" workout ain't gonna do shit.

Your body is designed to do waaaaaaaaay more than a few pushups/pullups.
>>
Counterpoint: Just get a gym membership, faggot.
>>
>>17986659
OP is a faggot
>>
>>17986659
this is probably counter-productive as the fat fucks that take your dumbass advice will probably use those 15 "push-ups" as an excuse to have a 3rd slice of cake instead of just two.
>>
>>17989150
If someone realizes that exercise is good for them I doubt they fail to realize that eating like shit just because you exercise is not okay.
>>
>>17986659
Just go to the gym. It's a time of meditation and fun.
>>
>>17986659
Hey op that is my picture I posted on fit last night concerning my body dis morphia. I don't care that you used my pic I just am wondering why? Are you criticizing me or wondering what my push up routine is??
>>
>>17986659
/fit/ here. If you want to make a difference through one exercise only, do weighted pullups and chinups and try to progress with the weight you use.. They're for the upper body what the squat is for the lower body.

Did tons of pushups in kung fu and muay thai, and their purpose is to give a minimum of strength and endurance to your delts, tris and chest. For making a difference in looks they are terrible
>>
>>17989150
it actually doesn't even matter. It'll still be a benefit.
>>
Why are there so many bitter fucks ITT who are so assblasted about this advice?
>>
>>17989763
Saying it's detrimental advice is bullshit but a lot of the people ITT are right in that push ups aren't all you should be doing.
>>
>>17988128

I got two gym memberships, both I never ended up using and wasted multiple hundreds of pounds on.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just that I'm not doing that again.
>>
>>17987731
Here's what I do, I can bench over 100kg as a result and only weight roughly 70kg havnt weighed myself in months.

100 pushups(I like to mix them up lots of different types of pushups, keep your body guessing) 100 sit-ups(work your obliques, keep your hands behind your head and touch your elbow to your opposite knee then do the same with your other arm then back down making sure to keep your arms in the one position and twist with your core, not just move your arm to touch your elbow) 100squats(if you have aceas to something you can weight yourself with would do good, I personally don't like squats so I try go for more weight less reps) 20-40 pull ups (behind your head, this is mainly for lats and back) and 5-10 handstand pushups(you will likely need to be against a wall to start off with I can badly do 5 myself without something to keep my balance, and I can do a good 30-40 against a wall) and a jog of any distance just to tie it all together and keep your heart strong and healthy.

You probably won't be able to jump straight into 100, so find your limit ad take that as a starting point.

Or a challenge I recently proposed to my mates,
Start out with 1 pushups 1 sit-up 1 squat 1 pullup and 1 handstand pushup
And increase by 1 daily.
Again without being at a relitivly high level of fitness to start off with this will probably fast become too much
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.