[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How reliable are "signs of attraction"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (589KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
589KB, 1200x1200px
Stuff like mirroring your posture, making eye contact, blushing etc. I suspect this girl might be somewhat interested in me but she's the kind of woman that tries to be very nice and polite to everyone so I can't really discern what's attraction and what's politeness.

When we're sitting next to each other she mirrors my posture a lot. Today I tested her and randomly put my hand on top of the table for no reason whatsoever when we were sitting and 5 seconds later she did the same, for example. Sometimes I genuinely make her laugh, but 80% of the time all I say are autistic joke attempts, however she still giggles at most of them. Do girls tend to do this? I guess it would be kind of awkward if she didn't react at all, right? She also looks at me sometimes, but not nearly as much as I look at her sadly. What do you think? Are these big green lights or is it kind of natural? Is there any sign that I should be paying attention to? I'm not giving up either way just trying to see where I stand before making a bold move (planning on doing it soon). I don't think I've ever been this close to a girl so I'm clueless
>>
>>17953335

They can be pretty accurate if there's more than once sign. Just go for it, worst that can happen is she says no and life goes on right?
>>
>>17953380
Thanks anon. I will go for it soon for sure

I'm still very curious in the whole 'mirroring my posture' thing though, what do I make of that?
>>
>>17953335
>a bold move
you should explain what you mean by this
some people would see talking to her as a bold move while others would see directly giving her your number as a bold move.

Flirting is a skill that you develop, like any other skill. You have to keep at it to learn how to do it. She could be copying you absentmindedly or be doing it intentionally. Talking to her is the only way to find out.
>>
Yep, talking to her is pretty much the only way, otherwise you will only have hints. ofc if you like hints you can try asking your common friends what do they think, asking her indirect questions (do i look good today?) and observe her reaction to your actions works too
>>
>>17953504
She's from my uni, we talk basically everyday. I try to flirt when I can but I don't really know how to do it. I make cocky jokes and that kind of stuff to try and make her laugh, and I always offer to help in anything she's struggling with though.

By bold move I mean doing something like telling her I like her or that I'm interested in her. She's really homely and casual and not that social, I don't know if asking her out on a date is a good idea. Just the feeling I get. We've been talking for like two weeks if that matters, maybe a bit more. She seems to sympathize with me though, moreso than any other guy that I'm aware of.
>>
>>17953380
Not that anon, but the worst that can happen is that she'll let her friends know that an ''ugly creep'' tried to hit on her.
>>
>>17953517
I'm honestly kind of confident that she's at least somewhat interested but I always like to test the waters before going in. I'll try to make some indirect questions and drop some hints here and there to see how she reacts.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 750x750px
Bump

Want to squeeze out as much advice as possible out of this thread, sorry
>>
>>17953335

a fool proof way to find out if a girl would like to date you is to ask them on a date. then when on the date, make a move.

if you're the kind of person who needs to KNOW that a girl likes him before he can make a move, then dont bother ever doing anything, you're too beta.
>>
>>17953620
It's not like I NEED to know before making a move, but it helps me build up confidence. I mean I'm at home now, won't see her for three days but I still can't stop thinking about her so might as well think things through and figure out some of the things that I don't understand. Just trying to be productive here
>>
>>17953684

its not productive. all youre doing is creating a loop in your head and building up stress, not confidence.

you want confidence? have confidence in the fact that none of this matters. that she either likes you or she doesn't, and that all these little signs are just people being humans.

have confidence in the fact that if you ask her, you'll know for sure, and even if its a NO, its a no big deal, just not a match, move along move along.

as opposed to sitting here insisting its one way or another and then not being prepared for whatever the real answer may be.

TL;DR dont think this seriously about someone before you even asked them out.

dont see her for three days? consider texting her asking to meet tomorrow.
>>
File: 5w5xxdw.jpg (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
5w5xxdw.jpg
29KB, 800x600px
>>17953335

one of my favourite albums of all time. good choice, op.
>>
>>17953700
Man, you're right. I needed this advice earlier in my life. Overanalzying things won't help, this is a mistake I made many times but I keep falling on the same trap it seems
>>
>>17953731

you had it earlier in life. people never said 'hey spend the next week thinking about her little gestures and try to interpret them.

they all said 'ask her out. make a move. etc.'

you just didn't listen because in your mind you've created imaginary consequences we all do.

im usually very outgoing but even i create imaginary consequences. yesterday a cute girl made eyes at me at the crosss walk. ive given my card to a million girls and gotten responses but i was too afraid this time. part of it was probably becuase it was an off day for me (soaked from rain, hair messed up from wind, carrying a giant box) but i created imaginary consequences by thinking that getting rejected would be bad.

its not. it just means you move along
>>
On the topic of mirroring posture, i personally think this one is bottom tier sign of attraction because many people are easily impressionable and or have a subconscious desire to blend in/ look comfortable in the company of others. Eye contact is top tier she is already looking at you so see if she can hold a gaze and a smile with you simultaneously. If you pass this test its up to you to make sure she catches you checking out her neck/chest/legs and if you are still locking eyes after this you tell her she looks/smells great/ skin smooth etc. If she is not verbally shutting you down be as bold as you want, she is waiting.
>>
>>17953762

this shits just so stupid, if you're into a girl and shes responsive just ask her out, jesus.

any single one of these things like
>WELL DOES SHE PLAY WITH HER HAIR
is balanced out with
>sometimes girls just like to play with their hair

>DOES SHE LOOK AT YOU A LOT WHILE TALKING?
can be balanced out with
>shes not autistic, she looks at the people shes talking to.

just ask the girl out. no reason not to.
>>
>>17953335
>want to ask a girl out
>virtually every single time she either has a boyfriend or some guy she's already seeing
>or she might be moving away or something which prevents a relationship from forming

A good reason I have for waiting isn't to figure out if I have a 100% chance, it's to figure out if I have a chance at all and if she's available. It's to figure out if it's even worth pursuing. i.e. if I'm trying to talk to her and she just sits there with her phone I don't bother. If I ask what her plans on for the weekend and all she wants to do is get fucked up drunk, I don't need to go on a date to figure out that she's not what I'm looking for in a partner. One of the bigger questions you should be asking yourself is not "does she like me?" but rather, "do I even like her? does she meet MY standards?" I started doing this and was surprised with how often the answer was "no". I might be pickier than most in this regard but I don't really want to spend a lot of time with girls who do nothing but party and have to involve weed or alcohol in EVERYTHING they do.
>>
File: 1462636186147.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1462636186147.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>going to ask this beautiful girl I'm 90% sure she's into me out on Tuesday
How the fuck do I survive mentally until then? How do I keep busy?
I'm in this huge burst of confidence. I prayed she would be in class today, even though she doesn't come in on Fridays.

FUCK I just want to ask her out already. I want to do it before my mind realizes it's full of too much positivity and begins to excrete negative expectations and kill this boner

I'm going nuts over here
>>
>>17953919
Nah I know I only really met her a few weeks ago but I really do think she's a wonderful girl. Very casual, modest, traditional and girly. Also comes from a very catholic family so she's really pure. Looks are average but she has a cute smile
>>
>>17953944
OP here I'm also kind of feeling this. I'm feeling really confident and gung ho right now for some reason, just want to ask her out and be done with this but I bet that next time I see her I'll spaghetti
>>
>>17953962
Then by all means go for it. Barring any issues like she's already got a boyfriend, or she's leaving town in a week and you wanted something serious, the only good reason to ask someone out is that you want to ask them out.
>>
>>17953335
Pro tip:
>if you ever have sexy times with this girl
>when you get her naked
>give her head
>for like, a really long time
>make her cum
>make her cum twice
>do this every time and she'll never leave you
>>
>>17953970
I used to be such a huge beta and I'm only now starting to find my confidence I so longed for.
Please OP, please please ask her out the next time you see her. All you gotta do is say
>hey grill I have a quick question
>yeah?
>are you doing anything this weekend?
>no
>wanna see a movie?
Keep it simple. Honestly first dates shouldn't be movies unless you agree to get some pizza/Chinese afterwards so you can get that dialogue going and can talk about the movie as a topic.

I know you've heard this a gorillion times, but what is the worst that can happen? Worst case scenario is she says no and there will be a slight awkwardness for the rest of the day but after that everything is back to how it was. As long as you take the rejection well (aka anything except becoming suicidal) the relationship you have now will stand.
Best case scenario is she says yes, you go on a date, it goes great, you kiss maybe fug, life gets 100x better.

The risk/reward is so fucking worth it. it doesn't even come close dude
>>
>>17953335

Ask her out you fucking dolt.
>>
For attraction? They're pretty dependable. Someone doing this will very likely be predisposed to be agreeable with you. However, that's not free reign to act like a twat. It enhances your interactions; it doesn't mask your inadequacies.

As far as romantic interest? Women are all over the place when it comes to this mostly because they always have options. The door is open for you to prove your her best option, but like I mentioned before, if you show her something she doesn't like, don't be surprised if she seems fickle.
>>
>>17954010
I know this doesn't make any sense but I feel like she's not the kind of girl I'd take to go to the cinema or to eat dinner with. She's not very outgoing, spends most of her time studying and stuff like that. I'd rather spend an afternoon chilling with her in the library or something more casual like that. Honestly I feel like simply confessing to her straight up. Should I just tell her that I have a lot of fun chatting with her and that I always look forward to being with her and that I have feelings for her? Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>17954120
Do NOT confess all your feelings for her right then and there, just visit >>>/r9k/ and you'll know why. It's fine to have all those feelings for her, and it's fine to tell her, but do so over a long period of time. sprinkle that shit don't just dump the whole pot onto her or else you may scare her off.
I know she isn't outgoing but a first date at the library doesn't sound great to me. I just foresee a lot of long silences as you two are reading your own books and such. You8 should be talking and connecting with each other. I've dated studious women like you've mentioned and they were fine with movies, not a whole lot of talking but still a traditional date outlet. but obviously you know her better than I do so your call.
>>
>>17954163
Yeah, evidently I'm not going down on one knee and pour my heart out in front of her. I would do it in a really casual way. As childish as it may seem, passing a note or something during class is something I've considered. And I would soften her up beforehand by dropping many not so subtle hints that I'm interested, so it wouldn't be unexpected. That way I can also gauge her reactions to my advances. That's kind of how I see it happening in my mind at least. I mean neither of us has had a bf/gf before, we're both really unexperienced so I'd feel more comfortable just being straightforward with her.
>>
>>17954198
The hints are fine but I wouldn't ask her out through a sticky note.
Doing it in person verbally is the standard for a reason.

I'm just saying doing the straightforward thing does not have a good track record. Verbally asking her if she's free for the weekend is enough of a sign that you're interested. You don't have to go all Shakespearean on her.

Again, just keep it simple
>>
>>17954290
Alright for now I'll just focus on hinting my intentions to her, if she by any chance reacts positively then I might just say fuck it and tell her I like her straight up. I'll keep your advice in mind though, thanks for the help
>>
>>17953335
>How reliable are "signs of attraction"?

At this point, "signs of attraction" are almost a meme.

There IS a valid basis for them, but 90% of the time, the people who try to use them are inexperienced on so many levels and don't know what the fuck they're actually looking at, to be able to in any way accurately interpret it.

The catch 22 of "signs of attraction" is that you both need a certain amount of aptitude, and a certain amount of social experience to be able to somewhat accurate judge them, and if you have that much experience and aptitude, you don't need them at all because at that level, all of this shit has already long since become completely intuitive to you (because all of this stuff is completely on a case by case basis and every encounter is unique in its own way. You NEED a fundamental understanding of people and tons of experience reading them to be able to understand how to adjust or else you're just making completely random guesses).

So for those inexperienced people, they're trying to interpret something that they have no real way of doing. They're trying to figure out calculus when all they've learned is that 2+2=4.

Bin that shit.

Just go get first hand experience.

Go ask her out.

Stop staling and overthinking shit that you have no way of understanding anyway, go live your life,
>>
>>17954321
No problem.
Good luck man I'm confident you'll get her.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.