[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The "So You Wasted Your Life" General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 21

Welcome to the "So You Wasted Your Life" General. Have you wasted your life? Let's talk about it because why not.

25 here. Totally wasted my life. Not a single real achievement to my name and no friends left in my life. Just an unstable mother and a shaky roof over my head.

Pic not related, unless you want it to be.
>>
File: IMG_9329.png (25KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9329.png
25KB, 1106x1012px
I didn't get what I wanted out of college and it was my fault.

I wasn't proactive. I was complacent because I wasn't independent growing up at home. I didn't have structure.

I wasted money on escapist shit too. Needed a job before I knew it and now I'm playing catch up with my life.

No girlfriend either because I was so wrapped up with myself.
>>
There's always time to be the kind of person you want to be
>>
File: 1483409096461.png (143KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483409096461.png
143KB, 800x1000px
>25
>wasted your life
>>
>>17951591
Fuck, man, that's my life.
>>
File: LizardofGuilt1.png (62KB, 202x205px) Image search: [Google]
LizardofGuilt1.png
62KB, 202x205px
Didn't waste my life, but I definitely have wasted opportunities. No debt, so I'll say i'm doing OK anyways.

Never was proactive during my first run at university and never tried my best at stuff. I've got a writing degree from it that I wouldn't trade for anything, but I wish I took advantage of more opportunities back during that degree.

Joined the army as an NCM instead of as an officer, left after a year because NCM life wasn't for me, but then again, also realized how much my family matters and I'm thankful for that great year.

I guess the big thing is to just eventually learn from your squandered opportunities and lack of achievement. We can still all accomplish our dreams. Just don't land yourself in debt and you'll always be free.
>>
File: 15-bukowski-by-andersen.jpg (2MB, 2400x3534px) Image search: [Google]
15-bukowski-by-andersen.jpg
2MB, 2400x3534px
>>17951443
>25 here.
fuck off , i spent half my life on meth and heroin , im now 47
you have not wasted you life its just started
>>
>>17951632
This

People "waste" their lives working at Walmart for 30 years
I assure op he has not wasted shit but if continues on this path of self pity and victimization he sure will have
>>
File: 1453962528988.png (40KB, 633x973px) Image search: [Google]
1453962528988.png
40KB, 633x973px
I'm nearly 30, and the years of my life have been spent poorly. I have a twin brother, who's happily married with a great girl and has a couple kids and a house. He's got a great job that will keep him employed as long as he wants, wherever he wants.
I have none of those things. In the time I've spent wasting my life, I've become fat and ugly on the outside, and I'm pretty sure on the inside as well. My personality is grating and overbearing, I have strong opinions, and I'm overly-sure of my own intelligence. I've spent so much time on the *chans and the greater internet for so long I'm perverted and disgusting; my urges are shocking in such strange ways the only people I've met that share my interests are online. I'm no pedo, but I'm pretty sick.

Point is, I've realized that I need to accept that I'll never have someone love me like my brother's wife loves him, or my parents love each other. "The person inside" that people say really matters matches the person outside. I've surrendered, but it still hurts. Does anyone here have any methods or philosophies that would help me to accept that I'll be jerking it until the day I die alone? That I'll never be a father, or wake up to a loving wife?
>>
>>17951943
fetlife is your friend, friend.
>>
File: QPP4gA2.gif (2MB, 297x330px) Image search: [Google]
QPP4gA2.gif
2MB, 297x330px
I know my life wasn't wasted, but I definitely wasted my time out of highschool. NEET life from 16-26, I want to go to school and get a degree, but even a 2 year degree would take something like 6-10 years while working full time(55 hours a week on average), if I wanted it in any reasonable amount of time I'd have to leave my job, but how the fuck do I afford to live in southern california without a job? I'd love to get a BS, Do I just lube up and take the 40k+ minimum debt I'd have?
>>
>>17952040
And I realize there are much cheaper places to live, but I don't exactly have money to move, and out of state tuition would fuck me even harder.
>>
>>17952040
Lube up and take it. It'll be a great few years.
To be honest, I'd recommend a diploma over a BS *FOR NOW* though.

Once you've got that dank diploma job money, uni will be way more affordable. Once you graduate, just squirrel your money away and live supercheap.
>>
>>17952055
I've only ever heard diploma in regards to high school. Do you mean an associates, or just some kind of certificate?
>>
>>17952099
Whatever you folks call a 1-3 year program. Over here we call them diplomas.
http://www.senecacollege.ca/diplomas/
>>
>>17951943
Really sad story, anon. I don't have any answers for you because I really can't claim to be in much better shape at all, but you have my sympathies.
>>
25 here

at my childhood i was fairly intelligent, was supposed to advance one year and all that. i was super creative also. had a fucked up childhood and some terrible teen years, fucked me up totally.
besides a master degree in a scientific field i don't like, and some friends 300 miles away, I have nothing to show

>never had a girlfriend or even close
>never practiced any sport besides skating in my teen years. I was good at it but quitted because I didn't have company to that
>wasn't proactive at college, never did my best and never got into curricular activities or anything.
>clubbing was great, did a shit ton of that, but eventually, everyone got girlfriends and started going to museums, traveling, going to the movies, etc. which i did not
>now i finished the degree and i'm at my parents house depressed and miserable. don't have energy to do anything

so, yeah, i kinda wasted everything
>>
>>17953733
Adderall
>>
>>17953736
yeah he should waste away doing speed instead of trying to wrest direction of his life course without amphetamines

or maybe stop being a pussy and just do meth, lmao rite xD
>>
>>17953765
Seconded. Taking Adderall is opening a frightful Pandora's Box, don't even look at it as a last resort. Just steer clear.
>>
>>17951443

>26 and in college
>dropped out of high school at 19
>didn't do shit until 21
>basically aged 15 to 21 were a write off
>starting my life now where I should have been at 18
>realize that I'll never be at an appropriate place in my life and my life, while may appear successful to others eventually, is just me waiting it out to die

I want to fuck around sexually, but while that sleeping around will be new to me it will just be casual to the other girls. And I want to have kids, but not now. I also don't want my kids to have autism because I'm old.

If I had just been sexually active and graduated high school I'd be fine right now. I don't know what to do. People say "25, your life is just starting," so what? Do I get married at 40? Then when I die at 80 my kids will only be 40 themselves. I'll never get to see my grand kids grow up.
>>
>>17953765
snorting good old fashioned coke is the best.
>>
Alright, serious question here, dudes. Do you honestly believe there is no hope of fixing your life past 25? There are people who are forced to flee from their country at 40+ who have to start everything from scratch - and not all of them have skills which are in any demand, nor even necessarily know the language. There's even schools and courses for people past standard school/university age which are ultimately equal to 'proper' education in everything except the possible prestige of a renowned university or college.

The concerns about being 'behind' seem rather odd to me, too. For every person I know who achieved much, much more than me at a younger age, there is one who did much worse than any of the situations posted here. I realize that 'it could be worse' is a retarded fucking advice, as someone else's shit situation doesn't make yours any better - but if people can recover from fifteen of drug abuse and make something of themselves, why couldn't you?

You shouldn't let overly high personal standards stop you from even trying. You might not end up among the elites, but most people don't. And fuck, you might, if you found a good opportunity and pursued it to full extent.

Self-defeating attitude is the worst enemy any person can have. I would know. But I also know you can get your ass into gear and fix shit. It might take getting tired and disgusted with where you are now. In which case, I hope it happens sooner than later.

Don't fuck yourself over more than you already have.

Signed, 32 year old guy after six years of getting his life back together.
>>
>>17954937
Realistically I know it's going to get better, I just have a hard time getting over all the wasted opportunities, mostly financially. It's a little bit overwhelming. There's so much more help available for kids just out of high school.
>>
I wasted my life
I hate myself
I drink myself to sleep as often as I can

But I've joined the military
I have a slim chance to redeem myself
Ask me in 2 months
Pray for me
>>
>>17954957
Well, of course it's overwhelming. Mistakes generally are, especially when piled up. But there are few mistakes which can't be made up for, at least to some degree. Not like you're in jail, y'know?

And yeah, society is skewed against bothering to help people who have fallen behind, no matter the reason. But there are still avenues, or there should be - I don't know what country you live in.

And there's always family and/or friends - I'd lean more toward the former, but that's because I had literally no friends when I began to climb out of the shitpile. The point is, there's usually at least one person who gives enough of a shit to offer some help if asked. Maybe not directly financial, but in reaching out to potential employers/job searching, or finding ways to make up for deficiencies in education or whatever.
>>
Is it really wasting your life doing what you want to do though? I mean it's not like you have been held captive and forced not to be a doctor or some shit. Some people enjoy being shut-ins. And if you fucked up and have a kid to take care of, all you gotta do is wait till they start public school, then you'll have 7-8 hours of free time to do what you want, unless you fucked up further and you're on your 20th year working at mcdonalds
>>
29 here, wasted my life so hard that i wish to die in my sleep every night and wake up disappointed i didnt every morning

i dropped out of college because i couldnt afford it, didnt have a reliable way to get there, and didnt have any more interest in my major. spent about 7 years locked up in my room until i moved across the country to live with my parents again

ive never once had friends and i dont even know how to get friends or what to even look for in friends. the closest i have are people ive talked to on irc for the past decade, and even they probably wouldnt give a shit if i stopped connecting

im just a doormat for my coworkers to walk all over and make me do their job for them while they fuck off all day everyday.

the irony is i hate every moment i spend at my shitty retail job but on my days off i want to go back to work to escape the constant desire to kill myself

i mean i want to write a book or develop a video game or draw a fucking picture but no matter how much i can get a narrative or picture in my head, the second i try to put pencil to paper i physically cant. like i could have a novella written out in my head, at least a first draft or something, and it all evaporates when i try to do something with it

i hate myself so much but i guess that doesnt show on the outside because everybody i work with thinks i look calm and unfettered all the time. i dont get it
>>
Even having your shit together doesn't mean you'll be happy.

>26
>Well educated
>Married to a wonderful lady
>Own my own home
>Successful in fulfilling career
>People generally treat me well
>Many friends
>Not terrible looking

I'm still on the verge of killing myself every night.
>>
I wished I had ditched my shitty friend earlier. He fucked up me psychologically. Although I'm starting to get my life back together, I wished I was never friends with him in the first place.
>>
>>17955028
The real pain is in realizing you have no idea what your life is lacking.

I've been struggling to find that missing piece for eight years, myself. I wish you luck.
>>
21 y/o college dropout with a few friends that I'm sick of, no goals or aspirations, no motivation to do anything, and no girlfriend. AMA
>>
>>17955047

Exactly. I've tried a ton of different hobbies, but it just seems like as time goes on I only become less interested in things I once enjoyed.

I don't know what to do really. I can't get over the fact there is no point to anything.
>>
>>17955055
I know what you mean. I've tried more hobbies than I'd care to list at this point... though that doesn't mean the list is all that comprehensive, as due to non-functioning legs anything requiring that is right out, meaning a large chunk of physical hobbies.

It's gotten to the point where I'm seriously considering medication. Maybe it's a chemical imbalance. It happens. And if not, well, I've stayed away from every other addiction or mind-altering substance. As far as vices go...
>>
>>17955083
Same. I drank heavily in college because the friends I had at the time did, but haven't touched the stuff in any real capacity since. An occasional beer.

Don't smoke or do any other drugs.

I've been on and off various medications for depression all through my life, it runs in the family apparently. It seems to help sometimes, but more with the crippling "I don't even want to get out of bed" depression and not much with my "What is the point of life" depression.

Ironically, my doctor said to be careful with the new stuff I'm on, as "this drug can give people the motivation to actually do stuff, unfortunately, it gives a lot of people the motivation to finally kill themselves."

You could try some low doses and see what works.
>>
>>17955055
>but it just seems like as time goes on I only become less interested in things I once enjoyed.
This is a big ol' red flag for depression. Go talk to a therapist and get a professional's opinion. If you don't want to go about meeting a therapist face-to-face, your employer (assuming you aren't your own boss) should have an Employee Assistance Program number you can call to talk to someone that will probably tell you to just meet with a therapist.
>>
>>17955129
That's a great tip! I didn't know that. It seems like it would be a good starting place for somebody looking to get help with that.

I'm the same guy from >>17955091

I'm not sure how my dad has dealt with it all of these years, he seems even more depressed than I am. I'm a bit worried since he recently retired, and I'm almost certain work is what's kept him going all this time.
>>
I'm heading out for the night.

If anybody wants to chat more later, hit me up at

[email protected]
>>
File: 1468726553691.jpg (28KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1468726553691.jpg
28KB, 600x549px
>27, 28 in two weeks
>kissless virgin
>recently unemployed
>fell for the game design degree meme from DeVry
>tens of thousands in debt
>still live with parents
>just had my best friend get angry with me over a misunderstanding
>want to apologize but she's completely blocked me over social media

I have no hope.
>>
>>17955013
so similar to me, I'm a brit bong and went to university to study computer games design. It didnt really go anywhere so I'm doing a min wage job. I really wish I waited and did something else now.

I have always wanted to create something. I think my problem was choosing games design as the medium for it. I'm about to start a webcomic, nothing great but I think I should start something.

I really should train and start something else but I've been hesitating for a couple of years. I'm 29. I feel I should've sorted my life out by now.
>>
I'm wasting my life on purpose.

People like to do things the wrong way, expect positive results AND get defensive/ rude when you try to help them. Honestly fuck this planet. Nothing here makes any sense and to make it even worse, if you live in America, not only has the recent generations been stupid; they're actually going along with whoever says words don't mean what they mean anymore. What I'm saying doesn't exist, everything is a fucking construct and that's a "bad thing", apparently.

How the fuck is anyone supposed to want to be anything BUT homeless in this? Fuck my family, fuck society, fuck the government that ALL just want me to become some little "look what we did" trophy for them. I want to be happy. You're a fucked up person if you don't let someone's happiness be their own. When you try to gauge your happiness based on how happy every else is around you, die. Just die. You're no longer a person, you're a leech, sucking the joy out of everything around you for sustinance.

The only rational thought process anymore is, "fuck you".
>>
>>17956243
I read a cool article about punks from the 70s and where they are now. One of the stories was about once of the members of The Clash, who quit punk music at 32 and went to a several years long program to study chiropractics. He's now in his late 50s and has seen tens of thousands of patients, and feels he has given a worthwhile contribution to the world.

It gave me the motivation at 27 to go back to school and make something of myself, and I did it. I'm now 31 and graduated working in my field (i had previous credits from my first run through community college, if the math doesn't add up)
>>
>>17956284
But that's not "contributing to the world", that's pandering to individual needs
>>
25 here.
Feels like I wasted my life. Or rather, it feels like there's no way out of wasting it.

No job. No college. No friends, ever. Obviously KHV. Obviously fat. Obviously terrible social skills, I haven't had a conversation in the real world in years.
0 job prospects. I live in a shithole country too.

All I do is spend my day playing vidya and watching anime, fapping a ton.

Is there ANY way out?
>>
>>17951943
im in a very similar boat, escapist no bro but older sisters who have the life. I have only had one real part-time job in my life live with my dad, went through school as a socially awkward adderal addict... virgin. Not ugly, tall, overweight with a beer gut. Depressed as shit. I guess I dont really have advice but Ive been dwelling on regret of nonaction. I saw a fairly cute couple in a dennys of whom the girl who was decent 7/10 but was obviously mentally unstable with bag freezer bag full of pill bottles the guy was kinda fat but seemed normal otherwise. they were sitting in the next booth and had their backs to me but still could see they were maddly in love and just nuzzled and snuggled before they ordered. I teared up because I wanted that even if I had to deal with the baggage, I realized if I saw her aloned id have pitied the girl and ignored her. I guess what im trying to say is we all have our pros and cons and damaged people can find other damaged people but focussing on the negative is just that. 4chan can live without u, a relationship cant.
>>
>>17956303
Get a job.
Go to college.
Go to social events of vidya and anime and TRY to make a friend in the real world.
Start working out - it will improve your confidence.

You'll never leave your shithole country unless you start with the above.

You have to take some initiative.
>>
>>17956624
Those may sound like excuses, but...
>job
70% youth unemployment. All low-skill jos taken by immigrants.
>college
I want to, but even if i had the financia capacity, I doubt I'd be able to to survive socially.
>social events involving anime/vidya
They don't happen here. Ever.
>>
>>17956636
Well, it certainly sounds like you're unsatisfied with your life at the moment. It's never too late to make a change, and you're also only 22.

I'm not sure where you live/the economic situation in your country, but do you have any kind of skill or trade? Do you know how to cook or make drinks/coffee? Ever worked a retail job or some kind of contract labor for the government?

I think getting a job may be your next step and then you can worry about college. I think that finding access to some sort of pool of money may make you feel better, and perhaps you could befriend some co-workers?
>>
>>17956636
>All low-skill jos taken by immigrants.

Not true. In my experience working at these kinds of jobs, the turn-over rate is high. People just work for less than a week then leave. They have low tolerance and unable to adapt.
>>
>>17956647
I'm 25.
I have no social skills, no trade skills or any work skills of any kind. I'm literally just watching anime and playing vidya alone since I was 15.
>>
>>17956653
Sorry, I'm 22. Lol, no idea why I put my age in a response tailored for you.
You want to make a change, and that's the first step. But what's most important to you? The first step of change is the desire to do so. I can't create a plan for you; only offering suggestions.
>>
I have an education and a job, an apartment and so on.

But that's all i have.
I've worked really hard for it, did it make me happier? Maybe, but my life is completely empty besides that.

I've never had a relationship for example. I've never done any crazy things, i've never gone on a holiday with friends, because i don't have friends and so on.

My life ... that is my spare time, has been wasted on the Internet. Also, i've been too lazy to really succeed at anything. Im average at best at most things, and not very good at anything except my job.

Im like an elite soccer player, except i don't play ball, i work, get paid a fairly average salary and is expected to deliver more and faster all the time.
>>
>>17956693
I'm feeling like I've wasted my life, even though I know I have plenty still to go.

>27
>Only just moving out of parents home
>Graduate and good job
>Don't enjoy job too much, went to wrong department
>Careful with money, therefore boring to others
>Very few friends local to me
>Good friends are from school/University
>All moved away to different cities
>No sex/gf in 8+ years
>Got close last summer, but then girl vanished on me
>Still not 100% over it, much as i try
>>
>>17956706
>>17956693
Sorry, I quoted your response for no reason.
>>
>23
>Spent last 8 years learning Graphic Design
>Top of my class, achievements and awards everywhere
>Naturally sacrificed friends, family, relationships, money, etc.
>Apply for jobs (I'm over 1000 by now, been to 5 interviews.)
>Can't get a single one
>Begin feeling discouraged and that I'm not good at this at all
>Cries because in my grades I'm perfect but I don't have the networking skills to make it happen
>Wasted 8 years of my life..
>Rather die than having to go another route than graphic design..
>>
>>17956693
Well, I have a general idea of what I want to do, but no motivation to get out there and do it.
I wanna hit they gym so I stop being a lardass but no motivation.
>>
>>17956720
That's okay, I don't think your post suggests you're in too bad of a position. I recommend patience during this time of change. I know what you mean on the vanishing people thing, even at my age I can see people coming and going. Focusing on being happy and content with yourself for this new chapter of your life.
>>
>>17956763
I know I'm not awful. I have a lot to be grateful about really, and I'm in a lucky position to be able to buy a house really.

But I'd trade it in for being happy, having a gf etc. I got my first wedding invite from a friend. He is younger than me, and he's been together with this girl about as long as my dry patch.

Once I get my house, I'll be inviting the girl over. I expect nothing, but I'm going to be so dissappointed because as much as I tell myself it won't happen, my mind secretly still believes it.

But yeah, I've got to focus and improve myself, and just someday it'll happen.....or I'll be lonely and fitter at least.
>>
>>17956751
What do you want to do?
When was the last time you felt motivated?

As far as the gym goes, 'stop being a lardass' is also why I go. 10/10 would recommend. I'm still overweight but I feel better. I'm also briefly living in a Scandinavian country, so seeing people in shape and being one of the few Amerifats keeps me on routine.
>>
File: 1480157495130.jpg (376KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480157495130.jpg
376KB, 600x800px
I am 24.

I still can't get over an ex gf.
I can't get a new gf to forget about her because my looks and confidence are in the toilet.
>>
>>17956775
Shit, if somebody told me I could afford a house in 5 years from now, I'd be ecstatic!

Are you saying you want to sleep with your friend's girl?

Alone doesn't have to mean lonely.
>>
>>17956799
No. It's just sad to know that I've been single so long and they are getting married and have been together that long. They've led a much fuller and happier life than I have in that time.

>Alone doesn't have to mean lonely.

What do you mean?
>>
>>17956804
You have your shit together though. You have a job and a house. Remember that.

By my alone comment, I mean that being single and by yourself in a house doesn't have to be lonely. Lonely feelings are normal, yes. But you don't have to let it control your happiness.

There's room for two in your house - the girl, when the time is right; and there's no way to ever know for sure. Just stay focused and positive - people love that aura of happy energy. I recognize 'happy' isn't an overnight thing. But really, try and practice that natural self-love to exude some confidence.

I know people who are 27 and smoke weed all day and nothing else. At least you're not one of them. Keep your head up, anon.
>>
>>17956815
Thanks anon. It's what I'm trying to do. I try to be a decently happy person outwardly, but I expect there are some hints at my desperate loneliness. But nothing I can do about those.

You're right about the girl. I feel it's just too late. If all this had happened 9months ago, it could be so different. She could have moved in with me, instead of 3 hours away. But alas, we may never know.

I am going to try and improve myself. Problem is I'll focus on things that tend to be single. Like exercise, I'll do swimming and running, very little chance of interacting with women. And even if I do, I wouldn't know what to say. But I'll try anon.
>>
>>17956794
>when was the last time you felt motivated?

When I liked a girl in 3rd year of highschool, I actually hit the gym, lost alot of weight and tried to bbe more social. Still, I didn't think I was in any position to ask her out, so that motivation eventually died off as well.
I've never felt motivated for anything since then and I'm 25 now.
>>
>>17956706
>Careful with money, therefore boring to others

In what way?
>>
>>17956864
I'd go out for meals and drinks, but I wouldn't have consoles or games as quick as they did. Friend of mine paid £80 for the latest COD. Fucking stupid in my opinion!

They'd go out to more things, I've been to like one festival, two music concerts. I'd resist going to clubs/bars where I have to pay to enter.

That sort of thing
>>
26, UK. I tried and failed at a physics degree, now I work in a call centre. KHV with no ambition and not much in the way of interests besides videogames and anime.

My usual strategy is to not think about the future, as much as possible.
>>
>>17957052
>KHV
Koi herpesvirus is terrible. I'm sorry to hear you have that.
>>
>>17957093

I know. I can't keep my koi alive either.

(kissless hugless virgin)

Never had a woman display interest in me either.
>>
Is it possible that I can get on a blacklist because I was rude with customers at my last job?

I feel this is why I can't get a job.
>>
File: 1412429726501-2.png (62KB, 1204x1904px) Image search: [Google]
1412429726501-2.png
62KB, 1204x1904px
>>17951943
Pay money for a personal trainer.

>Become fat slob after Highschool
>260+ pounds
>Gamble a LOT
>Always in fluctuation between massive debt and fleeting winnings
>Suddenly decide to start saving because see my siblings doing so well
>Use my money to buy a personal trainer
>Not a bitch-ass personal trainer, either
>If I don't show up to his class, he rails me in front of everybody
>Everybody else in the class is a fat loser with dead eyes, just like me
>Same treatment for everybody
>Some people drop out early, but if you stay for the first 2 weeks, experience shows you're more likely to stick around
>After 1 year, I literally completely forgot who I even used to be
>Hanging out with workout buddies (we graduated past the need for a personal trainer, but we all hang out just to workout and stuff for fun)
>One of them just off-handedly says "Remember what we were like 1 year ago?"
>Suddenly, it all comes flooding back to me
>I couldn't even recognize who I had become anymore
>I no longer feel anything from trying to watch the old, disgusting porn I used to watch
>I no longer feel the need to buy useless shit
>I no longer think about suicide or "where my life is going"
>It's like I was never even a loser to begin with

I literally owe that personal trainer my life. I'm damn near certain I would have killed myself if it hadn't been for him; and that's not exaggeration either.
>>
File: wasted-life.gif (124KB, 581x328px) Image search: [Google]
wasted-life.gif
124KB, 581x328px
>>
>>17951913
it should be a "i fucked up but am changing" thread rather. twenties isnt too late. but its easier to be the same then it is to change. GET GUD OP
>>
>>17954937
fuck ya, congrats on fixing your shit. im working to do the same, just started about a year ago,am 25. ive got a question.

how, if you do, do you describe your past to new people that you meet now that you have "gotten better"?

in my version, i just chalk it up to partying and dont mention specifics about failing out of college and stuff and just lie saying i started later bc i was having fun and no one bats an eye.
>>
>>17956276
the act of standing up and behaving in respect to the acknowledgement that truth does in fact exist and walking around knowing you are doing your best despite all the bs and lies flying around is much more fulfilling then giving into simply being a product of your environment.

go get shit done son
>>
>>17951443
I pretty much spent age 19 through 31 sitting in my room while losing my mind.

If I can (slowly) fix my shit, then you can too.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-14-22h58m01s446.png (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-14-22h58m01s446.png
214KB, 640x480px
>mfw
>>
>>17956721
I'm a graphic designer, can you show your portfolio here? I'm legit interested in what it looks like if you've applied for 1000+ and only had five interviews.

I've rarely applied for more than 5 at a time without having at least 3+ interviews.

Are you sure it isn't location or the way you are going about applying that's doing you in? A carpet bombing approach rarely works.
>>
File: Deep breath bby grl.gif (4MB, 362x271px) Image search: [Google]
Deep breath bby grl.gif
4MB, 362x271px
>>17951591
>focused on school
>got the grades
>prioritized graduating in 4 years

>no job
>feel like shit
>didn't study what I wanted because I didn't know what I'd want until now
>only options are more school or shit job for life
>hate school more than anything

I have a loving girlfriend, a supportive family, and nothing wrong with me except for shit eyesight and being a fatass.

I'm still probably going to kill myself. Eh, maybe one less loser will boost your chances.
>>
>>17957361
Mostly, nobody asks. If they do - well, it's far from my favourite subject of conversation, and it shows, so getting away with a lack of details is generally easy. I say I had some personal problems, and that's that. May have the risk of people making wild assumptions, but that doesn't really matter, does it?

The full version came out once or twice when out drinking, but the only response in both cases was a bit of sympathy (likely relating to the depression part of it), and nothing really changed otherwise. Everyone had some shit periods in their life, really, mine just took longer than those of most people I meet nowadays.
>>
File: 1465874693458.png (255KB, 350x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465874693458.png
255KB, 350x360px
Where do I start anons?
As a 25 year old fat, jobless, uneducated, foreveralone friendless virgin with absolutely no job prospects, living in a shithole with no jobs, where the hell do I begin?
>>
>>17957932
>fat
Healthier eating does wonders for both weight and general well-being.
>uneducated
Should be fixable. There's even online courses if your location prevents any regular ones and/or has no programs for make-up studies.
>foreveralone friendless
Simple advice here is inevitably a meme. Take care of yourself, then you can worry about having other people around.
>absolutely no job prospects
Gaining a skill worth being paid for is about more than standard education, regardless of what society can spew at times. Learn to fix shit. Carve some fucking wood. Anything. Apply to shit jobs if need be, at least it'll bring some money and impose some work ethic while you train and look for something better. And if all else fails, the current age has more potential for self-employment and general non-conventional careers than any other, what with the internet and shit like kickstarter/patreon. If people can literally rake in heavy dosh by making videos, what's stopping you from doing that with another skill?

Finally,
>living in a shithole with no jobs
Moving is a thing. I realize, it's easier said than done, especially with the prices for even shitty apartments nowadays. But there's no other solution to 'I live in a shithole' than getting the fuck away from there. Save up money, find a job somewhere else and commute if need be before moving properly.

Two important things. One, procrastination and complacency is a fucking killer. Don't. Second, and most important, remember how you feel at your worst, and when you can no longer stand where you are in life. Hold on to that, but focus on never feeling that way again. That's what I did. Disgust and/or anger with yourself can be the most powerful motivator for change. Because fuck knows nobody else will bother fixing you.

Also, remember, people might not care enough to actually fucking help directly, but they can usually spare some advice if you're stuck. Just a matter of identifying the actually useful parts.
>>
>>17957909
right on, thats encouraging, and ya other peoples assumptions dont matter, youre right, that potential situation particularly in relationships was just making me worry me bc im just now really making a bit of progress to climb out of hole. thanks for sharing, and keep on doin thangs
>>
So many of you who fucked up in similar ways. Just knowing you're not only one and there's hope is already a huge relief for me right now. Wish you all the best I know it's an uphill battle.
>>
>>17954971
I will silently pray for you anon. God speed, and stay strong.
>>
File: newsletterdesign.png (759KB, 630x1256px) Image search: [Google]
newsletterdesign.png
759KB, 630x1256px
>>17957798
Really don't want to show here, but I can show a piece, pic related. I legit have 8 different portfolios: digital, front end/web, low fashion retailers, high fashion retailers, bureau with corporate clients, bureau with restaurant clients, packaging, and retouching. It's rarely the work I get screwed over, it's that I don't have any legit experience (despite working 50% as a graphic designer at the same time I was in school and tons of internships, even freelanced for awhile which made me able to buy a new badass laptop).

The thing is I live in a really rural town and all the jobs are in the big city, and I don't have a problem at all by moving but the HR personal on the bureaus or companies often go "Oh, well, you know. It's hard to get an apartment here.." After awhile I began writing a faked address in the city if I had friends living there. But it doesn't help. Have asked companies/bureaus I've been really interested in and they reply with "Oh we had over 500 applications and it's not that you weren't good. It's just that nearly 100 of them had at least 12 years of experience." Even if it's a junior position. People are mad over here.

Been thinking of going abroad. But I know it will take like 3 months for a visa and find a work place who is fine waiting that long for me to come over. Also, live in a wealthy country so salary is ridiculous high in comparison to most countries, I don't even mind a low salary for experience at this point. As long as I actually get to do what I want and can afford a roof over my head and food on the table. Had one offer in another country, but would make 1/3 of what I'll make here in a junior position.
>>
I hit my nadir a year or two ago.
I stopped schooling, fat, no job, virgin, and depressed overall.

Things have improved since then and I really feel my life is moving now. But I am threatened once again to stop my schooling.

I should not. I cannot. I will go crazy. I will not waste my life yet again.
>>
File: 500x500[1].jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
500x500[1].jpg
21KB, 500x333px
Just be happy that you're alive fellows. All the suffering in the world is better than being dead.
>>
>>17958583
its probably not the same big name type of projects but try sites like fiver to at least supplement your income/work while you look for a job
>>
>>17959250
Used to do fiverr in high school.. Been thinking about it more and more because I did make money off it, even if it wasn't a lot. Like 80–200 USD a month or so. But I have a feeling its grown more competitive. But It might help with pulling me out of bed in the morning.
>>
>>17959266
from my experience hiring on there, there was a plethora of people doing work on projects in a language that they were not familiar with, and many times did the absolute shit minimum, was just throwing it out there. also maybe try getting your name out there by working for free on some town parade or festival type of thing and then you can use that as a reference for bigger gigs, or maybe put a small ad in a near by city of your "graphic design business" and just make it seem like you are hot shit in some office in another town. good luck anon
>>
>>17959667
I literally activated my gigs an hour ago and got 80$ order... Now regretting I didn't do this 4 months ago.
>>
>>17959712
>I literally activated my gigs an hour ago and got 80$ order
do work son!
>>
I have real trouble sleeping these past 5-7 years since uni and it's gotten worse the past year. I don't go to sleep till it's like 3/4/5 in the morning.
>>
>>17960550
>I have real trouble sleeping these past 5-7 years since uni and it's gotten worse the past year. I don't go to sleep till it's like 3/4/5 in the morning.

This one is a simple fix. What you have to do is push past the urge to nap in the afternoon that typically results in you staying up till 3 in the morning. Don't nap all day until you get to your normal going to bedtime like 10 or 11 pm and THEN go to sleep. You'll be out before you know it and the next day, you'll have essentially reset your sleep schedule.
>>
>>17960671
>nap

I don't nap. I sleep once a day unless work has really tired me out and even then if I don't let myself fall asleep straight away (in my work clothes straight from work) I end up in the same situation anyway.
>>
>>
>31
>virgin
>living with parents
>unemployed for 7 years
>$0 in bank
>$0 income
>friends don't call me anymore
>most likely condemned to genetic sickness
>>
>>17960742
Is there anything at all that prevents you from sleeping (e.g. phone, distractions)? You need to isolate these when it is your bedtime. You can try to take in a little bit of alcohol to help you relax, like a couple of sips of red wine. Find something to help you get sleepy, like reading books. I've always find myself playing Final Fantasy when I can't sleep and I always doze off 15 minutes later. Last thing is that your diet plays a big role to your sleep/woke schedule. Try to avoid eating 2-3 hours before bedtime and eat as soon as possible after you wake up. This will remind your body "when it's time for breakfast" and will wake you up prior to that time
>>
It's hard to say.
On one hand, I never enjoyed life like the others do. Few friends, kv until 28 (hookers don't count), only hobby is video games, parties bore me, alcohol is not enjoyable at all, etc.

On the other hand, I used my free time to write a book and, beating all odds, I got published. I did shitty results but I realized a dream only a handful of people achieved. And my publisher is interested for the whole saga!
I finally beat the autism and seduced a faithful woman at 28 who now loves me more than any other woman I met before could have.
I have a daughter that fills me with joy.
I have a career ready to bloom.
Only concerns is lack of money to realize material dreams (travels, car, house, furniture, designer clothes, jewellery, etc) but I'm now sure I'll never go hungry again.

So yeah, I was a loser and in some ways, I still am (lost 20K-30K over stupid businesses, that will teach me to believe I could go /biz/ after almost 3 decades of loserdom), but I'm now 30 and things are looking up.

Life is wasted at 35. Your peak has passed and you're halfway already.
>>
>>17957932
Move overseas. I was the same, fat excepted, and it worked for me.
>>
>>17961785
Why did that work?
>>
21, spent my last 3 years after high school in confusion to what to do with my life. Was extremely productive and alpha in my high school, teachers and schoolmates greatly respected and appriciated me. Got any girl I want basically. Incredible body and healthy, never missed my wourkout or my diet. Instead of going out and drinking every week, spent going out to a river with few good friends smoking weed and talking about life and so on. Definately shaped my mind into believeing I can achieve anything and I was on that road, also got unqiue outlook on life because of weed.

Senior year of highschool comes in and I turn 18, figure out I can legally work for money now in student jobs. Get one within a week or so turning 18. Started lacking on workouts, because of school and work. Started missing school, because I would just slept in tired as fuck. Lose all motivation, realize I don't know what I want to become in life. All jobs seem dead-end jobs and my father/mother are basically non existant, living in their own misery.

I'm convinced that I'm some sort of special snowflake that will make at least a million somehow by the age of 20. Don't know what I really want to do in my life anymore or study. Fail junior year, schoolmates don't find me cool and call me again, when they go out. I know where it comes from as I'm in depression by that point and am just a shadow of myself. Still great build body and people respect me because of my image, everybody knows to not fuck with me.
Repeat the senior year and finish it, but don't finish the papers that would allow me to go to university. Decide fuck it, going to work for another year and figure out what I want to do in my life and get those papers done.
Started working a lot and trying some other money making thing that failed, spent thousands of hours in process for NOTHING and feel insane amount of embaresement about it. I've never failed at anything and I had no idea why I'm moving nowhere pursuing something so hard.
>>
>>17962022
That one year of work now turned into the second year, but I at least figured out I want to become a programmer or software developer.

Chronic depression, bipolar, started drinking and smoking on weekends, body image slowly fading, but still a lot above avarage. Have 10/10 gf, but feel bad about it, because she has never failed in life and is writing her diploma, getting jobs everywhere, wants to have kids with me by this point. She did everything she had to in life till now.
I wasted 3 years by now, seeing my old friends almost finishing college and never calling me again when they go out to hang out. I know I'm not what I was, developed some kind of stupidity, don't show the energy when I talk, even when I do a super funny joke people just smile a bit. If a friend repeats the same joke everyone is bursting in tears basically.
Dead on the outside, but somehow manage to be good enough when it matters, incredibly dead on the inside.
Started working in a dead end job in a factory 2 weeks ago, wake up at 5AM and drill holes for 8 hours, repetitive motion, hard as fuck and exhausting. The only reason I do it is to buy car and save up for apartment when I go to college in October. Have to finish my final high school papers and have to study 4 years of material in 5 different subjects. Feel like I'm going to fail, even though I have 4 months left to study and a lot of gathered material to do so.
In these 3 years of depression and not really using my brains, develop a serious learning disability, can't focus and memorize anything. Sometimes read same stuff 20 times and still not imagine it in my head and have to re-read it and super focus on it. Everything I do or learn, there are voices in the back of my head talking about what a failure I've become. Sometimes get momentum and feel I'm on the right path, actually have a calm happy face instead of serious dead look I posses. As soon as this happens some IRL stuff goies down and I'm back to anxieties/depression
>>
>>17962036
Thanks to the shitty job I do right now and seeing how hard some people work for their monthy low wage paycheck and money, I have gotten the biggest revelation and enlightenment about how hard life is if I'm not going tu study like crazy for the next 4 years.

That's about it, a lot more to write, but feels good to get it out. I know I'm ''only'' 21, but I feel 50 and as I've thrown my best years of life away, while everyone around me had fun. This hurts the most I think.
>>
28 in a week..didnt achieve anything at school...live with parents and work a part time job in the mornings which i hate.
suffer from anxiety and depression..
have a great gf
cant bare to think ill have to do some dumb job the rest of my life so im killing myself trying to find ways to earn an income on my own somehow.

totally depressed and down.
>>
I wasted my life, but I realize that's a blessing as well as a curse because it means I have no obligations, nothing holding me down. I can just go travel and be a bum on very little money, live in tents and hostels, do the things that most people probably think are cool and wish to do themselves deep down but don't have the courage to do. There are ways to retain your pride when you've wasted your life. You can reject consumerism in full and live in harmony with nature, enriching your mind, body, and soul. If you see the world you will have gained something valuable that most people miss out on. Reject society seriously, not half assedly and you will feel so much better about yourself. You can't keep suckling off the teat of society, indulging in the pleasures of the wage slave without being a wage slave yourself if you want to have any pride. Only small minded folks with no imagination can't find a way to enjoy life and derive meaning and fulfillment from it on the road with very little money.
>>
If you are still in your twenties and you think you have wasted your life, can't you see how that is completely your attitude that is at fault? It doesn't even make logical sense.

Anyone and everyone here can make changes and live the life they want.
>>
>>17962041
at least you learned a lesson, sounds like you went enough "into a pit" know what not do and what to do to make things right for a long time coming, now you just gotta do it(it hurts and sucks to do shit that should of been done awhile back but try to take pride in the act of doing it rather then "trying to catch up" it makes it easier to do a good job
>>
I feel like no matter how well I do it won't matter anyways. In the unlikely event that I get my shit together, get a decent paying job and learn how to talk to people... so what? What's the point in living out a generic life? I may as well just die now.
>>
>>17962177
What if you include the personality and habits you've established when counting your assets? If your habits and attitude are incredibly shitty from years of reinforcement, it's a kind of debt you'll be struggling to pay off that makes success even less likely. It's not as if a terrible attitude is a switch that can be flipped immediately, you'll be fighting yourself every second, and any slip sends you back to the bottom.
>>
>>17951591
>>17951846
>>17957871

Did we all study the wrong college major? My biggest regret is definitely what I majored in. I almost failed out in STEM freshman year due to piss poor work ethic, so I switched to history and econ. Now I have a solid desk job but it's turning my brain to mush. Wish there were science fields which didn't require a BS.
>>
>>17963419
Oh yeah, when everyone is screaming to you to get out in 4 years you don't have much of a choice but whatever you get through the most.

I would have rather done cs or engineering because I had poor impressions of them from high school. Sucks to know I could have made it too, but oh well. Live and learn.
>>
>>17963419
>>17963468
you have to go back(to uni)(?)
use your current field as a way to expand to something else more interesting or consult for the position you have now
>>
>>17963626
Well math is so general that it actually makes you qualified for nothing.

Need engineering courses to go into engineering.
Need computer classes to go into computers (altbough this one I can pick up on my own and I plan to).
Need finance classes to go into finance.

Shit sucks man. Employers only want candidates who have dedicated years to landing their shitty entry job.
>>
>>17963283
>personality

It seems like financial careers require a social personality, it doesn't seem academics don't quite cut it unless they're exceptional.
>>
I got coddled by overprotective parents most of my life, never learned how to do anything and always got bullied in hs. Went to uni but didn't know what to study or that I was supposed to do internships.

Spent my social life being so afraid to talk to people I couldnt even go see a counselor about it. Meanwhile, learning how to do all the things I should've learned earlier, the first time I ever used an oven I was 22 and using a microwave was even hard for me because I was so phobic.

Become alcoholic and drug addict to cope with phobias, gradually start getting more normal but then have to move back in with parents and it made me grow increasingly suicidal to the point that I wouldnt leave my room and just starved and drank wishing they would kick me out so I could just kill myself.

daily fighting until a friend of my moms finally offered me a job to build them a website. Threw myself into the work, started learning anything I could about tech and built more websites. built an api bot to daytrade and make enough to live while i'm studying for my networking cert.

I hate every morning, hate my family, everything except drugs and working but at least now have hope and I feel like its very late, but want very much to make it up this hill and catch the last few seconds of a beautiful sunset.
>>
I keep trying to improve myself but I always falter on the things I'm trying to do and give up. I'm not sure what the secret is. I feel like I need to build a certain amount of momentum so that the desire to try becomes self sustaining... like trying to start an engine. Is this the right mindset? How long do you need to work before you don't have to force yourself to try every day?
>>
By the time I was 18 the handful of "real" people I'd managed to find on this little rock were all but gone. Always had been a loner even in early age,Figured I was used to it but, when she died? This was when I learned what it felt like to truly be alone.

Fuck cancer darlin, and fuck you for leaving me here. Every damn woman I've been with after you I destroy the chance as soon as I noticed the smallest fragments of you inside of them. I'd turn it off if I could, but at this rate it looks like it'll be another 30-50 years of me not letting anything go. You'd hate me now anyway I've become so bitter, I'd have driven you away too.
So yeah, I've wasted pretty much all my years here. no real reason to end my streak now eh?
>>
Quote me from the other thread. I feel really depressed about it, cause I had such high hopes for my life as a child, you know?

"I'm a 24 year old trans women (Almost 25 now) and I dunno, life just isn't great.

For one, I've been working on the same "two year" computer science degree since I was 19. I feel like a loser because not only has it taken me like 5-6 years to graduate, I am literally the stupidest motherfucker in my computer class.

Now, I'm actually pretty attractive for a trans woman because I started young, but I'm only into girls and all interest I get is only from men. There honestly isn't a lot of girls either that I'd be interested in, but whenever I do find one (every year or so), she's always straight. I guess I'll be forever alone.

As a near 25 year old I feel like I've wasted my whole life. I think it would have been cool to be an actress or singer or something, but I'm getting older faster and faster and pretty soon I'll be nothing but an old tranny.

I'm not even sure I can get a job with an associates in computer science, so maybe these last six years were wasted for absolute nothing."
>>
>>17963905
Scientifically, I've heard 60 days. After that, your brain has built up new habits and it will become second nature to do. Although it really is just mind over matter. You have to say enough is enough. Stop saying and start doing.
>>
File: 1399514123360.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1399514123360.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>17957130
Not that fellow, but this image really got me to thinking. I mean alot of folks here are around my age, middle/late twenties and they feel like they wasted their life.

So i did a few things with it. First I calculated my life expectancy, probably not accurate but i got 65. (340 pounder, pack a day smoker, little to no excercise, high blood pressure etc etc) Then i started striking out the weeks i used up. A total of 1,387 of them used up. I caught myself aback when i realized i was nearly halfway through my expected life span. But then sat back and realized.

I was a practically a kid between the ages of 1-17 probably. Which involves school which isn't technically a waste. So really at my age of 26 going on 27. I've only really wasted those 8,5 or so odd years between a bad long distance relationship, failed university, and just a state of complacency in working shit jobs just to get by.

I guess my point is, if you're in a similar boat as me at the 20ish range. Try not to put too much emphasis on your teen years. much less your childhood. From 18 and up what did you do? What mistakes did you do? Maybe the time itself isn't so wasted, now that you spent that time doing yourself wrong, maybe you can get ahead in making it right again?

Just random ramblings really, I'm pretty dead inside myself, and i know saying it and doing it are two monumentally different things.
>>
File: IMG_3455.jpg (40KB, 800x797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3455.jpg
40KB, 800x797px
What the fuck are we doing here? I feel as if this entire thread is a pool of grey emotion and existential complacency. If you're life is in the fucking trash or you feel like that chunk of mayo that's been sitting on the side of the counter just waiting to die, just do something you wouldn't normally do. Like take a shit in the woods, take a lawn ornament from that cunt Carol's house, or if you're feeling dangerous join a religion. I'm a 20 year old virgin with tits past the first role on my stomach but with all the shit I could pick at and say God you're pathetic, I think overall I'm content with my life. Not happy mind you, but certainly content and that's where I think many of us fall short. We have this unending desire to be happy for the rest of our lives but we never want to be unhappy so we don't take a moment to think about what good there is in our lives, no matter how pitifully small that number may be. But overall I think I'm content most days, happy some, and unhappy others, but sometimes you just gotta take a step back and look at everyone else just watch them from a bench and see what they do and how they interact with others. It helped me figure out how to talk to adults.
>>
>>17963419
History major here, please tell me how to get an easy solid desk job from here because right now I'm working in retail...
>>
Well, it's finally happened, gentrification has forced me out. Something 25 years I've lived here and now I have a few months to move somewhere.

All the flatshares are fucking expensive on a wageslave zero hour contract and have the caveat of "need to be fun". I'm as uncool and uncouth as you can get.

Apparently I have the choice of moving to those little towns like South End or Portsmouth or Crawely which are usually packed with chavs and with me being an asian dude I feel like it I'm in for a hard time.

I mean, it took a while for chavs to get used to us in my area. God knows what they're going to do in a town with 99% white people.
>>
27 years old. Really like this thread.

>Good:
>Have quite smoking as of Feb 2016, weed and tobacco
>Hold a driving licence, own a nice big comfy Estate car
>parents are awesome
>still keep in touch with my closest friend, been friends since 5 years old and live near each other
>Living at my girlfriends, been together 6 years, going well at the minute but have had challenging times
>girlfriend and parents own their houses so never had to pay rent, only utilities, food, car expenses etc.
>have an HND (not a degree but equivalent of 2nd year uni course) in Accounting
>have started and stuck with simple improvements (so far) this year to build on quitting smoking - doing laps at the local running track without timing it, adding a lap each week, up to 6 laps round the track now; walking the dog more; no fizzy juice since the 1st of January; no mcdonalds/burger king
>have a temp Data Entry job - pretty much a keyboard monkey at slightly above min wage but comfy job, get on well with team leaders, get to listen to music, absolutely smashing my targets, good attendance
>keyboard monkey job does have precedents for people moving into better roles (one of my team leaders did my exact same job for a few months) so I'm optimistic that there might be a way to progress
>planning to sort out cardio over next 6 months as it's complete shit atm, then doing a bit of personal training to learn how to use weights properly as my form and poor strength puts me off/makes me self conscious for weight training

>BAD:
>feel like I'm playing catch up due to being a fucking idiot and dropping out of uni at 19/20 years old; I envy friends who have a vocation, I really do
>quitting smoking is good, but ultimately it was still self-inflicted
>no idea what sort of career I want @ 27, just want a comfy job, modest ambitions, accounting course hasn't helped much in job hunt - quite broad in that it covers accounting for currency, raw materials, labour hours etc.
>sleeping patterns are complete shit
>>
File: skull of regret.png (152KB, 649x505px) Image search: [Google]
skull of regret.png
152KB, 649x505px
>that feel
>>
>>17965809 again

Ran out of room:

>BAD (cont.)

>have very few hobbies and interests outside of soccerball, feel like I'm a bit of a boring person and should be doing more reading etc.
>don't have much interest in a lot of things - I enjoy watching television and playing some vidya but not in any great depth
>terrified of not having myself sorted by the time I hit 30 - I mean I know it's a bit arbitrary but it still scares me
>terrified that parents, who are now in mid 60's, are running out of time
>worried that I'm going to be stuck doing my keyboard monkey work for the next few years, until my job role is rendered obsolete by technological advances
>worried that I'm getting my hopes up that if I keep my attendance good at my current job, smash the targets, generally keep my shit tight that something better will come from it
>did have a full time job last year but panicked due to my manager being based in another country, couldn't handle not having reassurance/someone to harass for help in first couple of weeks
>can be very hard on myself, need a shitton of reassurance when first starting any job and I'm worried there's not much out there which will give me that - I'm very thankful I got that in my keyboard monkey job otherwise I might not even have that for income
>>
I guess one of the reasons i hate life is because i fucked mine up so badly, though it was bad from the start because i was raised in a poor and i was always mentally and physicly abused. Lately i've been thinking that if you have a good life it also takes away the pain knowing that this planet has so much potential, but at the same time it's so cruel. Like.. You are born in a country and you must abide by their (western) idealogies or you're not so lucky and you live in some shithole in africa and get raised by parents that never gonna give away some legacy behind. Nobody thinks, hey let's build an oven, or tools and make a fucking big project to get us out of this shit. And in the western society it's all about: you wanna build something? Where's your cash for a permit? You do what we fucking tell you to do. All the land here is ours, everything is expensive so you better go to school with these retarded other kids and otherwhise find a job for a boss that you fucking despice. ... And i feel like when your own life works out better, you don't get these thoughts. You don't think about the poor africans and how it's unfair. You just think you came here to live to contribute because you own the world.

I don't know, i'm really bad at explaining things.
>>
>>17951443
>>
I'm a 25 year old NEET shut in with a GED and 0 work experience that still lives at home.

Just enjoying life until I get kicked out and have to become a wagecuck and hate my life.
>>
>>17965809
>>sleeping patterns are complete shit

I always sleep like 9-10 hours and then stay up for 16 hours so I end up waking up 1-2 hours later each day. I've been going around the clock like this for years.
>>
>>17951943
Really man.
Stop using the internet completely.
After 2, 3 or even 6 months, you will have a lot clearer, cleaner, more at peace mind.

I recommend you go traveling long term, or volunteer abroad. Or a mixture of the two.

Somewhere poor with little or no internet.
Take no laptop or tablet with you, just a simple phone for calls if necessary.

In a year you can turn your life around.

Did it when I was 30.
Was fantasizing about trannies and other fetishes,
after a few months of no porn I had a clean mind and felt myself again.
Also meant I was doing a lot of useful and interesting stuff.
>>
>>17965175
Figure out what industry you want to go into and cater your skills to that industry in your off time. Have multiple people look over and edit your resume and cover letter. Figure out how the retail experience you have pertains to wherever you're applying and describe how you're good at those in your resume/letter. You can start with your customer service experience, someone always has to work the phones. People want reliability. Hopefully you have a pleasant attitude.
>>
I feel like I wasted my 20s a bit, but I'm planning to fix that. Any advice for my thread?: >>17967346
>>
>>17965982
If you're talking the callousness and patronization from the middle and upper classes. As long as the losers are contained in their tv and not on their streets they couldn't give a shit about the underclasses.
>>
File: us.jpg (27KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
us.jpg
27KB, 560x420px
>>17967148
Fool, you need to start investing in yourself now because you will hate yourself in the future more than now if you don't. Getting a minimum wage job right now might even buy you time in your parents' home, since seeing you improve will them happy.
>>
>>17951861
>army as an NCM
>left after a year

You can do that? I thought you had to contract for 2 years min. Or maybe that's the navy. I was thinking of going in to learn some discipline and work ethic. I'm smart enough to understand anything, but I can't stick to anything like a schedule long enough for it to matter. Sailing around and leading some dudes, maybe seeing a little of the world could be good.

Though, I know a military life ultimately isnt for me and I wouldn't really want to commit to more than a year.
>>
>>17957419
how are you fixing your shit, anon?
>>
>>17962177
I think none of us believe that we've wasted our lives for real, but we're aware enough that the life we're going through isn't one of the best. We're at least aware that what we're doing with our lives right now isn't the right way to go avbout stuff

When you're scrolling /adv/ and see this thread and you go "oh, I relate to this" I take it more like a wake-up call to fix shit that's going on in your life than actually giving up and saying your life's ruined. This thread is more like a reminder that if you choose to continue your path you might end up actually ruining your lives.
>>
>>17967148
The later you start, the harder it'll be. You should fix your shit while you still can.
>>
>>17967148
>a wagecuck and hate my life.

It can get worse than that. Not by much though.
>>
I am 23 and I wonder how to start liking things I have to do? Before it's too late.
I have no desire to study and work and talking to people and it's really really hard for me to make myself do all these routines. I avoid it as much as I can thus I am not productive at all aspects.
Every day I go to bed with crippling feeling of fear, desperation and sadness. It's more than a quarter of life is over and I am still nothing in terms of life achievements. And I am scared as fuck it's not gonna change until I die.

What to do?
>>
I just found out that I have over $2,000 in student loan debt that I have to pay off before I can continue going to school so my academic career has been put on indefinite hold because there's literally no way I can pay off $2,000 by myself. The only option I have is to get a private loan which, even if I get approved for, will come with a life-ruining amount of interest to the point at which I'll literally be paying it off until the day I die. I'm contemplating suicide. I know $2k is a fucking drop in the bucket for most people, but I can literally barely pay rent and survive.
>>
>>17968917
work an extra job for a few months. You'll hate life but it'll be gone in a few months and you're golden.
>>
>>17968917
>$2000
>life-ruining amount

Is your degree gender & women's studies? Because even if your loan has a fixed 12% rate (it won't) you're looking at $50 a month for a 5 year plan, or $30 for 10 year. Unless your degree is a joke-in-a-frame, what you're claiming is offensive to anyone who actually had to take out significant debt.

Do you have other debt? In that case I'd understand, but otherwise you're being melodramatic. I've got 40k @ 9%. That's approaching actual debt slavery, but I've got a business degree and it's really not a problem. Sure, i can't take vacations or go travel the counrty as a hobo, but being forced to get a job isn't life-ruining, you fuck.

What's this that you have to pay it off before going back? Are you in the US? That's not how it works in the US.
>>
>>17951443
28 years old since last month. High school drop out. Unemployed with no motivation nor effort to seek employment. Single for four years, not looking. Spend all of my times playing video games and role playing. Healthy but in bad shape, teeth are rotten. Starting to consider the possibility that I might just kill myself in a few years to avoid having to fix my life.

My situation is, to me, incomprehensible. I guess I have no motivation and take joy only in a few things.
>>
>26 years old
>never had a job
>only secondary school education
>no friends
>KHV

No motivation to fix my problems at all, I see nothing desirable in the things I have to do to "live" so I don't do anything.
>>
>>17951443
My entire life has been playing catch up due to abusive parents. I couldn't read until I was 13 and not due to me being dumb or by choice, but because i was neglected or abused.

Having an unstable home and being behind from the beginning made school even more difficult but I graduated with a 3.9 gpa.

Unfortunately due to my white privilege I should have been handed everything to me even though I do what I was told, but it wasn't given to me and I never got help from any one.

I've been so behind my entire life but done what every one said you were suppose to and it didn't entirely work out, and it's been exhausting and suffocating. There's nothing in my life I enjoy, so there's nothing to work towards.

There's nothing I want, there's nothing to work for, I need large amounts of money to float my eccentric behavior and few desires I do have in this life, but don't care enough to work towards in anymore.

The only real accomplishment I've had is making some money off bitcoins, but that honestly took no effort or level of intelligence. The things I've worked hardest for showed almost no results what so ever. I've never had a normal way of doing anything.

I haven't been able to work on my project in months that actually might make me the money I want but I just don't fucking care.

I'm getting so skinny I feel like i'll just die, I kind of expect it. I guess this is what severe depression is like, but I've seen people much worse than me, I imagine i'll die before I get that bad.
>>
File: help.png (426KB, 473x767px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
426KB, 473x767px
Used to be a pretty charismatic, engaging, outgoing person until I went through some heavy depression in high school, ended up breaking connections with a lot of friends there. Initially thought they were dicks but came to realize I changed so drastically they probably couldn't identify with me anymore, I basically went to cheerful lad to depressing dickhead.

So I sorta sucked in high school, got decent ACT scores and could qualify to get into most colleges I was interested in, but not good enough to get good scholarship money. So I'm almost 21 and going to a local community college to transfer to a 4-year university majoring in something I'm still not completely positive I will do well in (Accounting). It's incredibly hard to socialize given half of the people there are just like me, they want to graduate and get the fuck out. I've basically wasted all of high school and college so far not socializing and being a total recluse in my house, and I wonder when I transfer to a dorm with roommates if I will end up doing the same. Given my age I probably didn't waste my life, but it feels like I'm about to.
>>
>>17969975
move to another city. Act like that shit never happened.
>>
>>17970213
I don't like in a big city and I don't have the money to.
>>
>>17970288
move
>somewhere else
not necessarily "the big city"
>>
I'm 32 and my life is fucking nowhere. It could be worse - I'm healthy, living with my mother, and have a degree. But I don't have a life, or the social skills to get one.

Obviously the problem is me. I lack motivation and passion. I "deal" with problems by avoiding them and hoping they go away. I haven't burned my bridges, but I left them to rot instead. I doubt my old friends remember me, never mind miss me. Not that there was much to miss, because I'm boring as fuck.

I don't think it's impossible for someone in my situation to turn things around. But I don't think I can manage it.
>>
I've read you can build willpower by improving diet, exercising, sticking to a schedule, etc. However, all those things require you have some modicum of self control in the first place. If you can't maintain an effort longer than two days, is it safe to assume you're garbage and kill yourself?
>>
I don't know anymore. I'm looking for ways to improve my life, but all avenues seem prohibitively difficult. Getting an education at 25 is rather difficult in my country - you're pretty much expected, if not required to have that squared away at that point. Not to mention, I can't afford a proper course (read: one that an employer would actually be impressed by - they're fucking obsessed with prestige when it comes to that). What's more, the job ads are all biased when it comes to the age/experience ratio - even if I started working on a degree or license now, by the time I'm done I'd be 30 or more, and nobody is going to hire someone that old for a beginner position, let alone promote them. I don't really have a skill that'd permit an independent business, and besides, I have about as much acumen as a rock in the first place.

At this rate, I don't see myself being anything but homeless within the next ten years. I've been piss poor my whole fucking life. My whole family was. I've seen the worst of how it gets. All I fucking want is something decent, not untold riches, but even that seems to be denied.
>>
>>17970943
No, you're not garbage, you just don't have anything to work for. At least nothing you really believe in. You can find something if you look hard enough, I truly believe it.
>>
24 and things are very bleak for me.
>>
>>17954803
haha who give a fuck about watching your grand kids grow up

you gotta focus on having your own kids before worrying about grand kids
>>
>>17952040
Associates degree anon that is the least you should have in a college education.
>>
>>17970492
Well, moving would probably be good for me but I still can't afford it. Been looking for work but I live in a "in between" town so there's fuck all.
>>
You can always look for a job somewhere far away and and start over. Just remember. As long as youre alive theres always hoep. I myself am 24 yrs old. Ive been off and on drugs since i was 17 . and i felt like that. I still do at time i feel like i havent Accomplished anything. BUt then i remember i graduated high school. Thats an accomplishment.just dont try to think about what you havent done. But instead Think of what you can do. Set some long term goals and then break em down into smaller goals.
>>
Dropped out of college 8 credits from my associates degree because I didn't see a point in finishing a major that I hated

Regretting it a little because I could have had a degree but who the fuck hires people for "communications and new media"?

I want to get a graphic design degree from an actual art school
>>
I'm a professional. I'm educated, healthy, wealthy, and have a fulfilling career. I exercise, I'm tall and lucky enough to still have a head of hair.

Growing up, I blew every social opportunity I came across, shrugged off every girl that came onto me, made absolutely no friends in college, and found absolutely nothing worthwhile to do outside of my 9 to 5. I am trapped with no way to get out. All I have is my work, where I again managed to make no friends whatsoever, and the gym. The thing is the vast majority of the time I have no desire to even interact with another person. I don't want to go out and do things, I don't want to fuck around on Tinder until I finally manage to get a date with an obese walmart employee. At this point I'll never be anything more than betabux. It's just when questions of wasted life come up that I start to think about it.
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.