[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a good cartoonist? Pic related, was delivered today.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 20170102_133937.jpg (898KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_133937.jpg
898KB, 2560x1440px
How do I become a good cartoonist?

Pic related, was delivered today.
>>
File: what.png (127KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
127KB, 1366x768px
Using PaintTool SAI.

I have never cartooned in my life, and my drawings are of scribble quality at the moment.
>>
make a webcomic about videogames with lots of words and no jokes
>>
Draw with friends on whiteboads chatrooms online? It helped me get better.
>>
>>17916960

practice and confidence.

a lot of artists struggle because they are trying to be commercial right out of the door. they are trying to be great instead of just being themselves. youth (even metaphorical youth) is about just doing whatever the fuck you want and learning along the way. in that learning you gain the skills to follow the strict rules of adulthood.

so practice, and dont be afraid to commit to something simply becauswe you like it. my first web series was very personal, it was literally whatever the fuck i felt like doing.

but it gave me the skills in every possible aspect of production to know how to make something commercial for hwen i started getting job opportunities.
>>
>>17916960
>tfw too unsable, too non-pc, too edgy, too NSFW to ever have my art used as promotional/advertising/product material.
LOIISHHHHHHHHH we started on DA at the same time. I should have stuck doing disney fanart too.
>>
>>17916967
Oh god. Not another gamer humor webcomic.

>>17916972
I'll check these out, thanks.

>>17916973
Solid advice, thank you, senpai.

>>17916974
literally wat

I don't have a DA yet.
>>
>>17916974
>edgy

can i commission you
>>
>>17916965
>>17916960
Why did you buy a tablet when you have no drawing skills at the moment?

You should really learn how to manage your money, because clearly you're an impulse buyer
>>
>>17916990
My brother said the same thing, he said "you need to have a foundation or basis of skill with drawing to be able to use a tablet"

I just consider it to be a different, if more difficult medium to learn on.
>>
>>17916981
The peers I grew up with made considerably more marketable art than I did (that and they are just better). Bowater, Loish, Lolita-art, Zemotion, ect... I would work on small DA commissions for the same people they did as well. So seeing their work in ads, products (like loish here) is funny to me. Seeing a bunch of 2005 DA artists doing real work will never be not be strange.
>>
>>17916998
It IS more difficult, you idiot.

If you get into it now you're going to end up with shitty drawings that make you embarrased causing you to never pick it up again.

My advice: return it and learn to draw. It WILL take years. Learning a new skill isn't easy and if you weren't born with the talent, you will have a VERY hard time. It's all about how much you're willing to put in.
>>
>>17917007
Or, you know, I'll just do it every day until I get decent enough and refrain from sharing my artwork until it's of enough quality to not be laughable.
>>
>>17916973
>tfw as a kid I had a passion to draw
>would study my favorite /co/ artstyles
>would draw during recess, ignoring my friends to draw
>knew I wasn't good; didn't care because "practice makes perfect!"
>one day some black chick named Armani walked up and said "You cant draw"
>cried my eyes out
>never drew again
>>
>>17917025
I hope you're telling the truth.
>>
>>17916960
I know you can animate in flash, there's a program called toon boom also.

being able to draw is a first good step. After that it's just having a decent set up for you to draw the frames.
>>
>>17917007
>>17916998
From my experience generally people that can draw normally can use a tablet and almost draw just as good. But there is a difference between drawing digitally, there's no "blue paint" to put on your brush and make a stoke you have to do things a bit different
>>
>>17917038
Yeah, I'm not lying. I'm unemployed with plenty of autismbux to keep myself housed and fed, and I do nothing else other than play vidya 8 hours a day. It's driving me insane, so I found another outlet. I'm sorry if that's hard to understand, I could've done the same with music and tutorials and shit, but I'm tone deaf. I tried that, and failed miserably.

It's not too difficult to grasp. This isn't a last ditch effort to gain a skill, it's something I tried as well when I was on adderall. I have experience with failure and I've learned how to bite it well enough, and I have more self-control than to sperg out half a dozen shit drawings on social media while I'm learning.

But it boils down to this - all of my time is free time, and I have the ability to put in work, so why not do it? Keeping myself busy will give me purpose.
>>
>>17916960
>>>/ic/
>>
>>17917792
Go to altiers
>>
>>17916974
>getting cucked by loish
>>
>>17916967
Nice try B^U but OP didn't fall for it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.