[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best advice you've ever heard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: serveimagee.jpg (129KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
serveimagee.jpg
129KB, 1280x960px
>>
that it's ok to be a loser in society eyes if you're happy. Play Vidja all day, Girlfriend is a 4 and your idea of fun is Magic tournament and awkward sobby stories behind hard castle? that's cool, the only status you should worry about is personal happiness and if you have achieved this then you win.
>>
>>17915443
what about doing something with your life? Living just to be happy is selfish as fuck.
>>
Don't compare your life to others and study stoicism.
>>
dont compare yourself to others. not because everyones different and special in their own way but because comparing yourself to others tends to be plural.

rarely do we see a person and really compare what they're doing in that moment to what were doing in our moment. we look at facebook and we see someone in film school, and another in art school, in another in stem, and another just performed with their band and anohter just got married.

all separate people with separate events and seperate lives, but we see them as one person that we compare ourselves to because were not doing any of those things.

real life is the same way. we see one friend kiss his girlfriend and think EVERYONE HAS A GIRLFRIEND AND EVERYONE HAS A GREAT JOB AND IS WORKING ON SOME COOL PROJECT where in real life the person with the gf rarely is working on a great project, and the guy wokring on a great project rarely has a GREAT job cuz hes too busy with his project.

if you want to improve just make a list of what oyu want to do, be reasonable, then do it.
>>
>>17915444
it's all every one ever does, how is it selfish?

ask a doctor most came for money, ask a stock broker, his happiness is either his work or his money. A teacher's happiness can come from teaching others but it's only his happiness that motivates that.

Raising a family must be inherently selfish because most people want kids to fill a void in their life or...to make them happy.

Ever seen clerks? Know why Dante is called out as a whiny bitch at the end? cause randall has nothing but a shitty job and cynicism while Dante has a girl who loves him, tons of friends and a life he choose to have.

Thats more than most of us
>>
>>17915456
>if you want to improve just make a list of what oyu want to do, be reasonable, then do it.
yep, that's good

also:
>don't be a cunt to others
>>
File: Reflection.jpg (352KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Reflection.jpg
352KB, 1000x1333px
>>17915431
pic related
stolen from
>>>/fit/

Also this is very cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5RH3BdXDOY
>>
>>17915478
ignore him. he is being an edge master. everyone is selfish.
>>
File: 1483061862809.png (333KB, 930x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1483061862809.png
333KB, 930x1060px
>>17915484

>also:
>>don't be a cunt to others

is there a reason this is building on mine? i dont think i said anything cunty...
>>
>>17915496
oh no no, not related in any way to your post. I just cited yours because I thought it was a good one
>>
If it smells like shit everywhere you go, move out of India.
>>
File: IMG_0968.jpg (107KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0968.jpg
107KB, 724x720px
>>17915505
Don't you mean move AWAY from India?
>>
>>17915504

i was pretty sure, but muh autism so had to check.

and thanks man. i think the most important thing about personal growth that people seem to forget is that its supposed to be personal.
>>
File: 1483062124839.jpg (77KB, 861x758px) Image search: [Google]
1483062124839.jpg
77KB, 861x758px
>>17915509
>>
>>17915478
the problem with humanity is that most of under value our potential. there are people right now working to solve real problems and they aren't extraordinary people they are just like anyone else. the only difference is they chose to dedicate their lives to something bigger than themselves.

Just living to be happy all the time is impossible not to mention a waste of time.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.