[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any self made ppl here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Failure.jpg (63KB, 675x320px) Image search: [Google]
Failure.jpg
63KB, 675x320px
Are you self employed?

what do?

how much do you earn a year?

how did you get into it?

Im looking for something profitable to get into other than being a factory worker making someone else rich while I only earn enough to scrape by, tell me how you did it offer any relevant advice
>>
Soooooo I take this as a no
>>
So you're bitter thay you're making someone else rich, but you want to become that person?

Interesting...
>>
>>17863311
Save money, buy low sell high.

Think about how markets work and identify potential markets before others to become rich.
>>
>>>/biz/
Keep your expectations low though.
>>
>>17863503
Isn't this everyone?
>>
I've worked for a few. This is one of those things where if you ask to you've already failed kind of things though. If it was that easy we'd all have our own businesses and be rich...

One of the guys I worked for was in the right place at the right time and got into the franchise boom for that company in the early 80's.

The other worked very hard and made the right connections then eventually bought his own equipment/machines and started small.

They're both multi-millionaires now.
>>
>>17863311

My relevant experience: Unless you're fucking ON TOP of all of your finances and can run books flawlessly, self-employed is a good way to work hard, for next to no results and will fail for 95% of people.

Most people aren't cut out to run their own business. Unless you're absolutely fucking brilliant, this isn't a way to get rich quick, this is a way to express a passion that you're willing to work literally 80+ hours a week at, and if you luck out, it happens to be profitable.
>>
>>17863549
More money, more problems. Some people are contempt with making a certain amount of money if it means their responsibilities are kept to a minimum. If you've ever been a manager then you'd know how much of a headache it can be. Being a business owner is like that but multiplied. Only a few are lucky enough to have the companies that run smoothly and headache free, but hey that's a part of being an entrepreneur. Sticking through the hard times. Again if it was easy everyone could do it...
>>
File: 1449221572156.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449221572156.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
>>17863311
>Are you self employed?
Yep, have been for seven years now.

>what do?
Property maintenance contractor (which is a fancy term for "handyman").

>how much do you earn a year?
My tax return for the financial year ending in April 2016 I declared a profit of about £42,000. Also in the same period I did about £15,000 of "cash, no invoice" jobs, which I'm not going to tell the tax man about (I have to pay 40% tax on everything over £43k, so I always make sure that my traceable income doesn't go over that threshold).

>how did you get into it?
Before I started self employment I was doing the same job I do now, but as an employee or sub-contractor, for sixteen years. Moved to a new town when my wife and I got divorced in 2009. Didn't know anyone here at the time, and had no contacts to hook me up with work. At that point I was about three months away from going bankrupt, so I took a gamble on spending a load of money on advertising and starting up on my own. With the stage I'm at now I have a large base of regular clients and often pick up work from other people recommending me, to the point that I haven't had to advertise at all in the last two years.
>>
>>17863503
Yes I want to be making the lions share of profit for me and my family not some fucker that doesn't even know I exist, I don't mind hard work, I don't mind gambling some money into something that makes sense and could be profitable if I worked at it, im almost 31 years old, I want to leave something behind build something for my children other than a $13 a hour no 401k no benefits labor job.
>>
>>17863574
Good for you anon, im glad to hear a success story it makes me hopeful for myself .
>>
>>17863578
>31
>hasn't into a career yet
>barely making above minimum wage
>still working a job with no benefits
>asks for advice here of all places
Bro, you aren't gonna amount to shit. You're a loser. Sorry to break it to you but it's the brutal truth. I suggest you learn to start working harder though.
>>
>>17863601
He just needs to learn a trade.
>>
>>17863578

And when you need employees, would you like them to think of you as a lazy fucker that doesn't do shit and "explores" their employee?

Your entitlement and bad view of entrepreneurship already shows that you will fail.
>>
>>17863653
Quite honestly i don't give a fuck what they think, the difference between me and them is that im going to make a change, I don't hate the guy who's is profiting from my work, but I want to be in that position myself. and would encourage any employee I had to do the same

>>17863601
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>17863665
Nah, you. Fucking 31 year old with nothing to show for it faggot. You're pathetic if you still make barely above minimum wage, don't have a 401K, , and don't have benefits.

I made minimum wage once when I was 15. I haven't made minimum wage in over 13 years though because I'm not a pathetic sack of shit.
>>
>>17863665

Exactly, you boss also doesn't give a shit to what you think, that's why you're paid 13$/h to work for him

Idk what you work on, but that kind of disrespect to the ones hierarchically above you won't take you far. It's not always the case, but if they or your company are above you in the chain, most likely it's because they did something to earn it. Companies don't pop in existence, they're the result of someone's hard work too. Please realize that, don't be bitter to your employers, because when you become one you wouldn't like to get that treatment. You'll work your ass off and then someday will say that you were "just lucky" and that you're exploring people for your profit

My father ran a print shop for years, having up to 100+ employees at a point. Most of them treated him like he was just a leech sucking them off, but after they left at 6pm or for weekends they didn't witness that he stayed there as late as 11pm and some times even further. They enjoyed vacations my father didn't for 20 years to get where he got. So try to break off from this disrespectful mindset, because you wouldn't want the people working for you to think like that from you.
>>
>>17863691
Luckily you don't need much money down in mommy's basement... you just keep touching uncle daddy's peepee to keep tv land going and living like a high roller in your imagination you dumb fuck
>>
File: 20161216_185618_resized.jpg (168KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_185618_resized.jpg
168KB, 816x459px
>>17863698
You say something about money shithead?
>>
>>17863311

>what do?

Take advantage of arbitrage on crypto markets.

>how much do you earn a year?

About .0001 a trade, or 20 cents a week.

>how did you get into it?

Spent like a month writing the bot.
>>
>>17863722
Don't fuck that decimal up or else you'll end up in Federal Pound Me In The Ass Prison
>>
>>17863730
Eh it doesn't feel bad to be beat by a better man. Not sure why you'd have that much in a checking account though but my statement still stands.
>>
>>17863737

I am just fucking with you, don't take it too seriously.
>>
>>17863665
If you're not a troll I suggest you read "The art of war" by Sun Tzu...
>>
>>17863770
Most people aren't going to benefit from reading those types of books. They're totally out of context in modern life. What's more helpful are books that help you deal with social situations.
>>
>>17863529
>Save money

Not OP, but how the fuck am I supposed to save money?

I think I'm doing the sensible things here, I log my expenses so that I know where my money actually goes from week to week, I avoid spending on unnecessary things (like, I avoid eating out, smoking, drinking liquor or soda), sold my car and got a bus pass...but every 18 months or so some bullshit happens and drains my savings.

And it's not like I'm just losing my willpower here and blowing it - last time I had to spend two grand on moving expenses that were not optional if I wanted to live in doors. That was a year ago, and now the new living arrangement is so tight I don't even have the $80 or so a month I used to be able to put away - which means I probably won't even be prepared next time life attacks (which will probably be in six months, give or take).

Fuck.
>>
>>17863715
Does daddy know you have his login info?
>>
>>17864559
This is a common problem for most slave laborers I think, always needing a washing machine, car repair, ect ect, and that's the way its designed to be, to keep a thumb on us because it takes all kinds of people to make the world work both slaves and masters and if we are all masters than nothing is going to get done, pretty sad desu
>>
>>17864860
Not the same guy but wow that's sad
>minimum wageslave encounters successful worker
>literally refuse to believe someone much younger can be better suited to have more responsibilities and earn more money, that he resorts to childish posts to try feeling better about his miserable life
>>
>>17864873
Ypur sad baby huey.. if your not part of the solution your part of the problem
>>
>>17864559
How much are your savings generally? Do you also have loans to pay off?
>>
>>17864879
>How much are your savings generally?

Between 0 and two-grand, depending on how much bullshit is going on.

>Do you also have loans to pay off?

No.

Actually, a bit of debt would be lovely, as long as I had a little more to show for it than an immediate crisis averted. Some equipment upgrades would improve my money situation in the long term - in fact that's what I keep saving up for.
>>
>got a job working for a site development company turning forests into neighborhoods.

>learned the biz as a laborer, made 22.50/hr saved money, learned to read plans, run gps machine control systems, learned to install utilities.

>quit, start my own business. Rented small equipment to fix sidewalks and stuff.

>4 years later, two employees, more equipment, grossing 30-45k a month.

The road is harder than you can imagine. At times I was in tears.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.