[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161214_141723.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161214_141723.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
Hey fags

We got a kitten a few months ago (it has nowhere else to go so we took it in), and it's settled in with our 2 dogs perfectly but we have another cat, a lot older and they just will not get on, I know it's his territory and all that but what can I do to help them get on, I feel bad for the kitten because whenever he sees him he just wants to play

Pic related
>>
>>17856001

Cute cats. I'm not really sure tho what would be best in order for them to get along.

But these guys will be able to help you.

>>>/an/
>>
>>17856004
Fuck me gently I forgot there was an animals board
>>
>>17856001
best thing is to take it slow.

Either keep the kitten in a room and let your older cat wander the house/sniff through the door, or do the same thing but with the older cat in a room and let the kitten wander in the house.

Try having someone play with the kitten while another person holds the cat, this way he'll at least know the kitten isn't a threat.

Another thing is giving both of them treats in the same room/at the same time. Start off with them eating farther apart from eachother, and slowly give them treats closer to eachother. Sounds weird but worked for my older cat when I got a kitten a few years ago.

I'm not an expert, so take it with a grain of salt
>>
Surprised they're happy at all living in a meth house
>>
>>17856765
we've already tried most of that, they'll sleep in the same room but won't go remotely close to each other

>>17856769
haven't had spare cash to put down carpet kill yourself nigger
>>
>>17856001
I faced a similar situation when my gf moved in with me, ended up solving it while she was at work.
> Put both cats in a closet
> Throw some treats and toys in there
> Close the door and listen outside of it
> If they start fighting squirt them with a super soaker till they stop
The trick is not letting them escape - they will try. They will yowl, if it's persistent use the super soaker, aim for the head.

Only took 5 sessions of about 4 hours each.
>>
>>17856945
>that buttmad
Calm down poorfag
>>
>>17857040
Don't listen to this guy, it worked for him because they were gonna get along regardless. Cats that hate each other will legitimately kill each other in such a high stress environment.
>>
>>17857167
Or practically rape each other... I'm not kidding. It's a dominance thing obviously.
>>
I'm afraid this has to go into a showdown. Since you're in for a while already, I don't think having them sleep seperately or letting them size each other up through a window or creaked door will help. Dominance must be asserted until the kitten has grown up, and they'll go through different stages until then.

let them have at each other. Don't pick the kitten up unless it gets out of hand. One or the other needs to skulk off in these fights, eventually. If you protect the kitten, the older cat will get jealous and even madder.

To be honest the picture looks pretty healthy. They're communicating by watching and body language. This is just going to take patience.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.