[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: room.jpg (423KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
room.jpg
423KB, 959x639px
Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17770280

>Discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR

Join us for help on improving your life and becoming more social or just helping people with these things! All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>I need help but I'm not a NEET, can I join your server?
Absolutely. Anyone is free to join our group if they feel like it could help them improve, or if they want to help others.

>I joined, now what?
Post in #introductions, and one of our staff members will give you permission to post in the other channels.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES

=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing or spamming. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned. Spamming will result in temporary loss of text privileges.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4. The #support channel is for advice only. Check #rules for a description of all other channels and rules.

=======================================

Self-help resources:
http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd

Suicide hotlines:
US: http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html
International: http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

Text based suicide hotlines:
US: http://www.crisistextline.org/get-help-now/
UK: http://www.callhelpline.org.uk/TextService.asp
Canada: http://www.thelifelinecanada.ca/
>>
Get off this and meet up with new people every day. Literally hang around as many people as you can. Weed is a common go to and allows you to connect with accepting people around the world or your city. Purchase CBD to combat the high. You can meet really cool people.

Girl wise, be FRIENDS with girls so you can attract attention of other girls and meet their friends. Every girl will lead you to more girls. Old high school friends, go to underground parties or raves and meet people. All you are looking for is the follow up! That's why you smoke weed or drink or even fake it.

Keep a friendly tone and learn as you go. Some people you'll connect with some people you won't. Experiences will be extremely good or okay or extremely bad. Learn from each one and keep going. Do things in your everyday life to make going out pleasant.

Decipher the people who want to use you from those who want a friend to those who you can use. Go with the flow and never be a bitch otherwise you'll get treated like a bitch. If that's your crowd then so be it. Soon enough these people will influence you.

I've made it far, gl anon bros.
>>
>>17780515
What does getting high has to do with getting a job?
>>
Someone with autism + neet + no job/career for nearly 10 years.

I want to earn money again and create a stable wealth for myself, what can I apply for that would allow little to no contact with people, give livable amount of money and isn't too hard?
>>
>>17781034
Park ranger
>>
>>17781034
i dont think you get the privilege of choosing by this point
>>
As someone in his 30s who wasted most of his 20s (and even more recently) wallowing in anxiety and depression, here are my thoughts

You have to push yourself. Whatever it is that scares you, however small and insignificant it might seem, you have to make efforts to do shit that you feel uncomfortable doing. I used to sperg paying for something at a counter or getting my haircut. Nowadays, I'm calm in those kind of situations. I learnt to drive and spent months a nervous wreck. I kept on pushing myself despite the fear and avoidance and now, I love driving. I was a 26 year old virgin. I got a chance with a girl and although I had all kinds of insecurities and fears, I pushed myself and ended up dating her for years when I thought all hope was lost.

You have to accept there will be wobbles all the time. You have to accept that you might lose weeks or months to depression, fear or just plain lack of motivation and idleness. That lack of motivation may seem to occur inside a vacuum on the surface but actually, it is closely linked to an underlying belief in yourself and plain bad habits. You have to literally force motivation. Successful people know this inherently.

My mantra for over a decade has been "Keep on keeping on". If you lose months to depression etc but can pick yourself up at the end of it and move forward, even just a few small steps, that is progress. The worst thing you can do is give up entirely and avoid your fears. I'm still facing them every day. Its takes time. But you have to tell yourself you will not let life beat you. I contemplated suicide many times. You have to just ride it out, as fucking brutal as it can be, and keep striving for a better life.

Hope is everything. You need a goal. You need things to aim for, no matter how superficial they may be. Hope gives life meaning. Without it, you will soon crumble into despair.
>>
>>17781055
i find compromise to be a good alternative
thinking its too late is pointless, too late for what?
maybe its too late to be a doctor or a lawyer, its not too late for thousands of other things and lets face it if you let it et so bad then maybe you never cared so much about being those things in the first place
what isnt too late for?
it certainly isnt too late for music or sports or art or anything else you dont need to do on a proffessional level to feel accomplished
its probably not too late for a dumb part time job or moving out with roomates into a cheap place
>>
>>17781055
Cool dude, you got lucky in life

Its not inspiring so thanks for the waste of space
>>
>>17781088

I agree. As you get older, pragmatism takes the place of youthful dreams and compromise becomes an acceptable alternative.

For someone who has struggled through their 20s, for whatever reasons, just managing to finally stand on your own 2 feet or achieve something small but meaningful is a big deal.
>>
>>17781104
im lucky that im a realist, i dont belive in maybes and perhaps, my world view is entirely based on what i percive around me
expectations are cancer, if you base your expectations on what you want and not what you could realistically get its a recipe for burnout and frustration
by all means risk it all but risk it all knowing you are risking it all with no guarantee of success
>>
File: hackerman.jpg (247KB, 671x359px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
247KB, 671x359px
If any of you know how to program, consider fleshing that shit out into something you can get a job with.

I have been programming as a hobby since like 2003, but I never got a computer science degree, so I didn't consider that I could do it professionally. Turns out the average professional is a lot worse than I thought, and nobody cares about degrees so long as you can do the job.

Some learning resources in the OP of this thread, mostly geared towards web dev, but might be useful.
>>>/g/wdg
>>
>neet thread
>first post advises to go out and meet people blahblah solution

See , that's why if you're a neet, you should avoid this thread.
>>
>>17781055
My goal is living on my own.

My choices are buying a boat ($2000-$5000) and boat slips (~$50/m) and living there; vandwelling (already own a van, so just gotta find places to park, use toilet(next to park/supermarket/etc), shower (gym)); homesteading requires bit more time/knowledge/labor involved, probably not a good idea for a neet; keep paying $600/m studio rent with no future security

I think 1 is doable if boat maintenance isn't too expensive. 2 is only doable for temporary shit, I can't live in van for long time, maybe enough to save up for decent amount of money, a year or two max.

What are some neet plans for self-sufficiency living?
>>
>>17781248
when you go looking for confirmation bias
you are going to find confirmation bias
you clicked on that ink looking for the first excuse to brush it off
>>
bumping a good thread

>>17780515

>>17781055

more stuff plz
>>
>>17780515 here.
Ama

>>17780519
A job with girls will allow you to build rapport and start opening up pathways to meet other girls. You get to hang out with people during whatever mood your in. You'll see how tolerant people are to your neetness and see where you stand in life. My coworkers, though wagecucks, have been through a lot and have awesome advice on anything.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.