[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25 and over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 24

File: 2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg (55KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg
55KB, 500x380px
For the older, distingushed miserable anons.
>>
>>17748681
party's over here
>>
>Be me
>Graduated college in 14
>Decided not to go to college because dream job was right around corner.
>Decided while it was in my dream career, this was not my dream job
>Decided to look for work in meantime, and found something in kitchen.
>Kept going to job interviews in my field but not getting hired.
>Took the time to apply to a bunch of things but they all have a processing wait.
>Its now almost 3 years out of college, not even a serious job and just shit retail/ food jobs are all I have had.

did I fuck myself by not taking that initial job? To be fair its not like I was actually hired or anything but I'm sometimes regretful of it. I am grateful that me making that choice resulted in be taking a shit ton more applications though. I just turned 25 and I want to end it all...Is it too late for me?
>>
>>17776614
I made a new one since the last one is close to the limit.
>>
Is 25 too old to get shitfaced at college parties and fuck 18 year old girls? I'm under the impression it is right at the limit, but you can still pull it off and not get seen as a creep.

And how about raves, with 18 to early 20s? I feel like you can do it until you are about 27, but I would like you opinion anons.
>>
>sabotaging myself financially with a girl who's my first real relationship that is statistically unlikely to be my last

oxytocin is a hell of a drug
>>
File: based Nigel.jpg (39KB, 700x410px) Image search: [Google]
based Nigel.jpg
39KB, 700x410px
>>17776611

I'm 31, look younger, own my condo, own my own car, in community college (for the money), fucking 18-21 year old college grillz and not ashamed at all.

I don't talk to a SINGLE person I went to high school with; that shit was 15 years ago and I have zero desire to talk about how they've had 2.3 children, bought a shitty house in a shitty neighborhood above asking price, their failing marriages or their two cars that they got 'SWEET DEALS' on.

Those people are the walking dead who pray for the sweet release of death.

Society says I've failed as a man and waaaaay behind the curve; zero fucks were given.

>MFW
>>
>>17777328
I knew some one who did this into their 40s.
It got sad for the people around him that were like 'okay, bro,' but I am sure it was fine for him and for the girls.
>>
File: Antichamber_(PC)_36.png (20KB, 1129x550px) Image search: [Google]
Antichamber_(PC)_36.png
20KB, 1129x550px
>>17776626
>>
>>17777816
>, in community college (for the money)

wat?
>>
You can more or less keep getting loans from the government as long as you're making progress in college (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctorates); the subsidized have no interest as long as you're enrolled in school at least part time (6 credit hours) a semester.

The Unsubsidized loans do have an interest rate so you end up paying back more than you borrow because of Jews.

BUT

I am officially considered 'Disabled' by the US Government and Social Security so once I've borrowed every last dime (this can be $100,000+), I fill out a single form at:

https://www.disabilitydischarge.com/

And all of my student loans are permanently deleted because my 'disability' prevents me from every finding permanent work.

Bob's your uncle.

>MFW I get $7,000 twice a year.
>>
>>17777837
That would be a straight up creepy as fuck old dude in denial he got old.
I'm asking about how old can you be and still pull it off naturally, not looking like a creep.
I remember a dude who was 27 going to college parties with me when I was 18 and he was really cool, but he does look VERY young.
There was also this 31 year old girl who does look like her age, but somehow she still managed to do it. I always thought it was a bit strange to have a 31 year old being best buddies with 18 year olds, and even making out with them at parties, but no one seemed to care much.
>>
File: kuala-lumpur.jpg (402KB, 1230x819px) Image search: [Google]
kuala-lumpur.jpg
402KB, 1230x819px
>hikkineet at 18
>kicked out of house at 24
>7 months in Thailand
>5 months in Malaysia
>1 year in India

How I'm still alive, I don't know. Currently chilling in pic related.
>>
34 here

At least 10 years behind everyone else my age. Picking up the pieces from a wasted youth of depression, anxiety, low-self-esteem, emotional instability, laziness and total lack of direction. I lived for the weekend and fantasised about a life-less-ordinary even though I was a socially anxious waster.

I have finally developed enough pragmatism, mental stability and self-confidence to start setting some achievable goals for myself. I have to get a shit job soon but thats ok. I am moving out in the new year, I have bought a used car, I'm trying my luck with online dating and working towards bigger goals. Seriously delayed rites of passage but at least I made it this far. At least I have made some progress.

Motivation and discipline/consistency is still my biggest downfall but at least I have the confidence in place to make a go of things now. Taking things one day at a time. I lose a week or so here and there due to lack of focus or stress. But I pick myself up and go again.

Keep on keeping on
>>
File: family_history2.jpg (235KB, 725x483px) Image search: [Google]
family_history2.jpg
235KB, 725x483px
What should I do if the older I get the more terrified I am at the prospect of following the sheep route? That is getting married, having a career, proper adult responsabilities, and so on.

I feel that this is unappealing to everyone at 18, but at my age (27) I'm supposed to be starting to accept this as an inevitable fate since it's unlikely that I'll be rich/famous, but I'm really not. I like the freedom of being single, I *love* the freedom of being able to tell my boss to fuck off and move on to another job if I want, I love to be able to smoke weed and take mushrooms from time to time, to have free time for my hobbies, all that.

Am I just being immature?
>>
>>17778036
I second this
>>
Turning 25 in a couple days.

Kicked out of med school, no job, moved back in with dad since no money and no friends here. Still hoping all the hearings etc will result in my life back.

One thing won't come back though. My rock. The lovely girl I was with for three years. She won't even talk to me anymore. Only told me of her rebound months later. Lead me on for a while... I still love her, but not sure if I would the way she seems to have changed, deceiving me. All these months I had trusted that she would have told me if she was seeing someone. Gods, I wanted to marry her.
>>
Fuck off back to wizchan grandpas
>>
>>17778036
Just do what's right for you, don't worry about it.
>>
How do I deal with a spouse giving the silent treatment?
>>
26 and trying to rediscover my motivation in life.
My girlfriend broke up with me last week, when I was hoping we'd finally move in together. Additionally I just started my PhD and feel like nothing is moving. All my friends are married, some with children, and the people who are doing the PhD with me have their proposals in place and are having a productive time.
For me I just feel like the days start and suddenly end before I get anything done, and it's suddenly 02:00 AM and I have no idea what the fuck happened.

I'm in an MD-PhD program and seriously considering dropping out and just going back to finish Med-school, because I have no idea what the fuck I am doing anymore, and at least there they tell you what to do.
>>
>>17778396
research isn't for everyone, and that's not a bad thing, frankly as a PhD I would probably choose an MD if I could go back in time.

forget your ex-gf, there will be tons of hot nurses slobbering over you when you're a doc.
>>
>>17778422
>hot nurses

The nurses i've seen are middle aged black women lol
>>
>>17778422
Thank you for your advice anon.
The problem is that I do enjoy and like doing research, but it seems I can't get anything done anymore, I can't get myself to do anything.
The relationship and my research were the two pillars holding up my life, and I just feel like they are both falling, and I have nothing to keep me above the water.
>>
>>17778437
If you're depressed, you ought to get help. Figure out why your peers are more productive in research. Talk to them, figure out what they do. Frankly, sometimes productivity in research is because they're doing boring derivative shit where it's already well-understood how to approach the problem.

Think about what you want to do, and keep working with the faith that things will work out.
>>
>>17778477
True that, they all joined running projects in their labs and are mostly figuring out the best way to approach the problems. I don't even have the problems I want to tackle defined yet.
I'll try to get more guidance from my PI.
>>
Probably a stupid question but my manager never posts the next week schedule until like wednesday or thursday, and the schedule only shows up to saturday. The store closes at 2 on weekends. Today is saturday and it's just after 2, I only woke up at noon. I texted the manager but she doesn't know the next time I am scheduled for. So I could be on the schedule for tomorrow and would have no idea. What should I do? I find myself in this situation frequently. I try looking at the schedule but I forget or am too busy or simply wasn't scheduled for the latter half of the week. So I always get anxiety about it.

I literally have no idea whether I work tomorrow or not. How much should I stress over this? The store opens at 6, should I just go in and see the schedule at a reasonably early time like 8? I guess put work clothes in my bag so if I do need to work, I can just get changed and go on?

Is it normal for a manager to be this lazy with scheduling that you never know your fucking schedule more than a few days in advance?
>>
>>17777871
What's your "disability"
>>
>>17778036

Nah. I'm 25 and hate all that family, career, white picket fence shit. I could have it but I don't want it. I've seen people who live that life and they're all miserable. None of it appeals to me to begin with, and people who even like that shit end up miserable with it. I'm just doing what I want. I stopped caring what other people think, I mean, I think they're all fuckwit shitheads anyway so what the hell.

There's like 5% of the population who just won't be happy with the normal life scenario, and you and I are probably right in there. I accept that I'm a weirdo but it's better to be happy and ostracized than unhappy but accepted, imo.

You could always take on the house, career, family shit later if you change your mind. But you can't drop a mortgage and kids if you go that way and change your mind about it.
>>
>>17778655

Oh, I should mention I actually asked her yesterday what I was scheduled for and she didn't answer, despite having been in office to tell me. So I texted her again today and she doesn't know. I like my manager otherwise but this sort of ticks me off. Maybe it's my fault for not coming in on my days off to check the schedule? Like I wish she would post it online so we always have access even remotely. Man... Are all managers inefficient?
>>
>>17778655
>Is it normal for a manager to be this lazy with scheduling that you never know your fucking schedule more than a few days in advance?
It happens, but it is bullshit. Most companies have policies against this just for the reasons you give. Talk to your managers boss if you can, or to the HR department. Or else start looking for another job.
>>
>>17778720

But I like her otherwise and she's nice to me and cuts me favors all the time, so I don't want to cause her problems. But okay, so this isn't normal/allowable? Maybe I'll ask her to draft two weeks worth of schedules so we can know ahead of time, or something. So annoying.
>>
>>17778422
I'll be 32 next year. I keep thinking it's too late for med school and undercut it with pa school or just hope I get hired with the fire dept
>>
I like being alone because time spent with others is wasting time on people who don't care about me like:

>my parents who want me to move back in with them so they charge me rent to help pay their mortgage
>friends who are fun to spend time with but not close enough to talk about any serious life issues with
>work colleagues

Do any other loners think like this?
>>
>>17778036
33 and feel the same way. Friends getting married and starting to have kids, some getting divorced already.

I'm not interested in that shit, just doing what I want.
>>
>>17778901

Same. I moved far away so I wouldn't need to deal with family shit. If I enjoy being alone what is wrong with it? Other people just cause problems.
>>
>>17778655
Sadly it sounds very normal. If taking time out of your morning to go in to check the schedule when you don't necessarily have to work isn't enough motivation to make you check the schedule when you're working or stop in while you're out, then nothing's going to motivate you. Keep throwing away your precious time.
>>
>>17777989

how'd you manage that?
>>
>>17777871
What's in the pill bottles?
>>
>>17778036
Just irresponsible. Live life how you want, don't bother trying to cater to the norm, but at least stick to a job and be a functioning part of society via work.

If you have a productive hobby on the side this should be fine... if you just smoke and do nothing with your time you might end up killing yourself. Why bother living to work just to support drug and time abuse? That's how I feel anyway. Don't expect fame and fortune, just try to contribute with your hobby and create something
>>
>>17777328

You're never too old to do anything. Sure you get more social flack from others and it might get harder for you to rock a certain lifestyle as you get older. Still, you can get away with lots of things when you're older if you model yourself as a playboy bachelor. I'm 27 and think about this alot too.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 320x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 320x331px
>>17778036
The price of doing what you want is being a loner and being stigmatised as the creepy loner. Your parents will die of old age and your good normal friends that you hang out with will be too busy with their families to maintain a friendship with you. You could get some short term relationships (romantic or platonic) or a dog to keep you company if you care about that sort of thing.
>>
>be NEET as fuck for twelve years.
>"anon everything is going to be better next year you just have to find new things to do"
>30, no job experience, socially retarded, etc.

The years felt like they crept up on me and now they are gone. I feel so old.

I know there are people much younger here.

Don't be me.
>>
File: garden-city.jpg (255KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
garden-city.jpg
255KB, 1100x700px
>>17779006

Family kicked me out with some money for fear of my death. I asked an old guy about Thailand on a blog and he said it's great come on over. I went and got 7 months free rent without any organs harvested and my bum intact.

After my visa expired I went down to Malaysia and followed up on an offer I got to visit India(don't go to India).

I've been broke for a year now but somehow I keep pulling stuff out my ass and surviving. Pic related is a place I lived at for a while.
>>
File: MRsdkndsnvk.jpg (42KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
MRsdkndsnvk.jpg
42KB, 620x372px
>Be 24 turning 25 in about a mont
>Have a okay analyst position at a government department
>Got it fairly quickly out of university and I was proud
>Be my little brother who is literally better than me in everything
>Had a hotter girlfriend, more friends, cooler, more well liked by family and relatives etc
>Gets accepted to a prestigious medical school and already has a serious girlfriend with no debt from school
>I been pushing this facade for years that I been seeing someone but in reality I am alone with no friends and no relationship with a girl since freshmen year of college
>Seeing his facebook status, how popular he is and how proud my family is depressing
>Get long time relatives asking me about him and shit while ignoring me or quickly getting bored when they ask about me

Fuck man I am sick of living in his shadow. I am sick of him being the cool little bro who not only intelligent but funny, gets eye balled by girls, not trying in anything while excelling and making me look like shit. Fuck him. Even when I get angry at him he is understanding. Like have a flaw dude and fuck off. I hate living like this.
>>
so 25+ anons are your family members going to discuss how successful/disgusting you are at the dinner table?
>>
>>17778036
You could start a family and still smoke weed and eat shrooms from time to time.

t. anon whose dad smokes weed every day
>>
>>17779889
No one really comes anymore. It's kind of nice. Everyone who used to come either died or moved away. The three people who still do attend already know everything, so there is really no point in idle conversation. I'm sure someone will turn on an NFL game. That will preoccupy most of the dead air, and I'll only stay in the family room for our meal. Hardly a real Thanksgiving, but it's not so bad.

Maybe I'll experience a real Thanksgiving again someday like it used to be when I was a kid, but my parents will be dead before that happens. I'll have my own family, and I'll be the grandparent. A real Chevy Chase type affair.
>>
>>17777989
>>17779839
Amazing bro, I wish I had the balls to go out and do this!
>>
>>17778683
That's probably because you're only 25.
If you're still thinking the same when you're getting closer to 40, congratulations.
>>
>>17779889
I hate talking about myself, basically. Not even a matter of success or lack thereof, I just hate bringing attention onto myself like that. I decided to just go silent whenever they tried to override my wishes and they've started cutting it out. The whole marriage and kids thing seems to be cropping up though since most of them forgot to have their own and the family will probably die out if I follow the same route.

So it shouldn't be an issue. Or maybe I'll just skip thanksgiving altogether this year. Not sure what I'd do instead though.
>>
>>17779857
You might try to write a book or just create something. Paintings, poems, plushies, clockwork, anything.
>>>/diy/
No matter how lower to him you believe yourself to be, creation is something that can never be compared between siblings. To each their style.
Oh, and don't lie over a relationship. People will realize fast you're lying and you will only be seen as pathetic.
>>
>>17777816
Damn, you're living the dream
>>
>>17777871
You motherfucker. I hope you get aids and die
>>
>>17779839
>(don't go to India)
What happened?
>>
>>17778333
>Kicked out of med school
What did you do? What were you trying to become?
>>17778333
>no job
I recommend going into the trades or becoming a nurse or some sort of assistant.
>>
File: hug.jpg (908KB, 1185x1523px) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
908KB, 1185x1523px
I'm scared guys. I turned 25 in September and still live with my parents. Been struggling in school off and on since I graduated high school. Switched majors 3 times and finally decided to settle on Graphic Design (I know), but I can't do that anymore either.

Met with my advisor and she recommended I just get a general degree and get it over with. I wanted to try and transfer to the Art department but my GPA's too low to do so. I just want to get a degree in something I'm passionate about. I've loved drawing for a long time(drew pic related), but I thought getting a degree in it would just be a waste.

I just want to be done and move on into the adult world already, but I don't want to get some retail job and slowly rot the rest of my life away doing something I have no love for. Not sure what I can do at this point without continuing to be a total failure at life.
>>
>>17780179
Nothing I really did. I had a depressive episode, then started getting mobbed by the school, idiotic complaints every day, unreasonable deadlines, slander, false allegations etc.

I was going to become a psychiatrist. The hearings etc are on going, finally I'll be able to take it out of the school and into independent appeal, of course I already lost years to their delays etc. Wish me the best.
>>
You guys just can't embrace the fact that you all are all dogs of human society. Just go stray or get family.
>>
>>17780318
I feel like previously society would have let us die or at least forced us to adapt. But now we've got the internet.
>>
32yr
Ended up dating a 30yr woman who was a bit more selfish and in her own ways than I'd prefer instead of another girl I knew was the better choice after the fact. Definitely wanted kids, great homemaker same easy going attitudes compared to the first other girl who was more pushy to lock me down. Now that I broke up, this second girl is starting a new relationship with a divorced guy. He seems like a nice guy, almost too nice but hey, it's still new. What's the success rate of that relationship working out?

Feels like I missed my chance with that unicorn..I need to get out more
>>
File: IMG_20151215_174129.jpg (987KB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_174129.jpg
987KB, 3072x1728px
>>17780147

Malaysia is only like 30-40% more expensive ($30/mo) and is much much much more comfortable. It's pretty much first world conditions for about $130+ a month.

India is legit third world. I had intestinal parasites 3 times and for six months out of twelve I was shitting myself. The people there are also shitty and don't keep promises. It's incredibly dusty, the weather sucks, filthy, and enjoy paying $2/gb of internet.
>>
>>17779839

Digital nomad style? My dream, my lad. You say pull out of your ass but how actually did you come up with money?

>>17780504

Would you recommend malaysia/thailand or similar countries for single female travelers? I know india and most of the near east and africa are rape central, but I'm not familiar with southeast asia. What was you typical day like there, what are some cool things you did?
>>
I want a wife and kids.

As a 26 year old kissless virgin, I don't imagine it's going to happen.
>>
>>17780524
Start working out
Join a few meetup groups to meet others
Go from there

Can hit up a bar known for cougars who'd be more than happy to get you some experience
>>
>>17780520
Philippines is nice
>>
>>17780520
>Would you recommend malaysia/thailand or similar countries for single female travelers?
You could always travel with me.
>>
File: IMG_20160414_115405.jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160414_115405.jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>>17780520

>money
Mostly calling up old debts and a tiny bit of website making. I can't say I'm doing hot.

>solo female
SEA is very female friendly. Thailand can be sketchy but should be fine if you don't go 100% retard. Melaka and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia is safer than Los Angeles. At worst you'll get purse snatched. It has happened to a friend's coworker that is dumb enough to climb into strangers' cars when offered a ride.

>cool things
Lived above a bicycle shop in Northern Thailand and sometimes biked along the river to where Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand meet. Ate pig brains and crickets. Did kickboxing in Malaysia. Honestly, I like these places mostly for eating and sleeping.

>Daily
In Thailand I woke up at around 9 and had breakfast. Watched anime or worked until lunch. Do whatever until dinner. Do whatever until sleep.

About the same in Malaysia. Do whatever you want basically. Pic related is Melaka, Malaysia.
http://imgur.com/a/7OILs <- Thailand food album, everything is around $1
>>
>>17777816

Same here. 33. Didn't go to my 15 year high school reunion last night. In law school with a good paying job. Fucked the tightest 25 year old Friday night.

I'm just going to play out this bachelor shit until I'm done with law shool in 2 years. Shit is just too much fun.
>>
Life becomes more clear when you realize that you don't have to pursue happiness. It makes you stop for a while and find beauty in sadness and melancholy. Lots of people just get a tunnel vision. They surround themselves with unnecessary items to feel secure, put lots of masks out of fear. And they do it willingly, just to pursue some mirage they saw in media. Shave those items and masks down, and you will feel lighter. Embrace the misery of life, and you will fly.
>>
What do you do with old friends that refuse to stop being manchildren? I have a buddy who is nearly 30, can't hold down simple jobs, has a young son whom he's practically abandoned with his ex and her new husband, still thinks having sex once over the weekend is a conversation piece worth lavishing over, so on and so forth. He had $100,000 fall into his lap, and he spent it in a year on weed, pizza, and video games.

I've given him the same advice for the last 10 years, he doesn't listen. Do I just leave him to rot? He is convinced that the world revolves around him.
>>
>>17780671
That doesn't mean anything, if you can make yourself go insane and see things that aren't there, might as well dig a hole in the ground and live in it.
>>
> Be me
> Skinny AF
> Seems virtually impossible to gain weight
> Only 182
> Femanons show very limited interest
> Not virgin though
> TFW close to 26 and not remotely close to getting any GF
> FML
>>
>>17777816

>There goes my hero, watch him as he goes

34 here. All my friends are mortgaged/married etc. I feel like a total failure in comparison (and I am) But when I really think deeply about it, I don't want to get married or particularly have kids. maybe that will change when I'm older.

The big problem I have is that I don't look or feel my age at all whilst single women the same age as me generally look awful and are batshit obsessed with settling down.

I would like a cool girfriend in her 20s. To be honest, I'd just love to fuck tight teen/early 20s pussy and have no commitments. Far, far easier said that done. Its tough making the right decision though when everyone around you seems to think that getting married and owning a house is the ultimate achievement in life. I'm happy for my friends, I really am. But fuck, within 5 years they are going to be bored out of their minds I imagine.
>>
>>17779839

I wanted the digital nomad dream for a while having previously travelled to Thailand and Cambodia.

Ultimately, I've decided to get my shit together back home instead but I think it will always be a Plan B. If I'm still single and broke in a couple of years I can see myself heading to Chiang Mai to scrape a living doing shitty Graphic Design work, living off Pad Thai and Chang and screwing tight Asian pussy. A far better alternative than growing old and lonely in a developed country imo
>>
>>17780939
Why can't you do the same thing back home? You're getting a really shitty lifestyle for your money in a third world country, I'm certain you could finance the exact same lifestyle in a first world country for a similar amount of money (but then you'd think of yourself as a dirty hobo, not a "digital nomad"...)
>>
>>17780685
>Do I just leave him to rot?

pretty much, motivation to improve comes from within.
>>
>>17780945

Because you can live comfortably and have luxuries for about £500 a month in Thailand. That just about covers rent in the UK. On a low income from design spec work etc? Forget it
>>
>>17778810
>32
>I keep thinking it's too late for med school

Not really. Apply and take it from there.
>>
>>17780960
>>Because you can live comfortably and have luxuries for about £500 a month in Thailand.
No you fucking can't, it's not 2001 anymore.
>>
>>17780966

I partied every fucking night for a month in Thailand, ate in restaurants every day and stayed in private rooms. I spent a little over £500. Renting a cheap apartment in Chiang Mai, budgeting and eating street food etc? More than doable and I know people have lived for less there
>>
>>17780980
Ok, prove it.

And you know that this is a lifestyle for a 20 year old student, not someone over 25 or 30 or 35, right?
>>
>>17780987

Prove it? You think I kept fucking receipts? And I'm in my 30s btw. My point was that Thailand is cheap as fuck even if you waste a lot of money on booze etc.

Pound/Baht exchange rate took a hit due to Brexit but if you honestly think you can't live on a budget in Chiang Mai for around £500 a month you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Why do you think so many fucking people are heading out there year on year? Many have good incomes but just as many scrape a living through sporadic remote work and blogs etc
>>
>>17781004
>And I'm in my 30s btw.
Then you'd be living completely differently, either as a rich tourist, or as a family guy. You can't live as a 20 year old if you're in your 30s. I mean, you can, but you can do it anywhere as a hobo, technically.
>>
>>17779857
Don't you love your brother? You should be proud of him.

You know it would probably hurt him to hear how you feel, he looks up to you, all younger brothers do; in some way or another they all learn something from us. His success reflects well on your whole family and that includes you.
>>
>>17779831
What have you done during those years? Just curious
>>
If I'd like to go into upper management (tech industry, eventually a C-level position), would it be worth going back to school for an MBA? Already have my bachelor's in CompSci & Math.
>>
>>17777816
Says the lonely guy. Give it 10 - 15 years when girls stop giving a shit and your friends with kids are already awaiting their kids to go into university. You wilo be alone wanting a family, wishing you started earlier. You'll find some scaggily bitch to spend 30000$ in vitro on and be the grandpa looking dad at you kids baseball game. ''Is that your grandpa? '' no thats my 53 year old dad.

Pffff lol. Get the fuck out of here manchild.
>>
>>17781139
No you see he'll be Trump and have a kid at 60, he can totally be the 0.01%.
>>
every day i question what i'm doing
why am i going through the effort of college and work and getting fitter when i'll never do anything but watch anime and jerk off.
>>
>>17780254
look, you already know what you love, drawing. you dont need a degree for that. no one will hire you for that. what you DO need is a portfolio, build that. try to start a blog and create an online presence. the only way youre gonna make money doing what you love is by doing that. MAYBE you could get hired by a company to draw for them (never even heard of it but im sure it exists to some extent). just get your degree and move on dude.
>>
>>17781139
im 21 and my dad is 73 lmao. its not a big deal
>>
>>17781224

Exactly. We are not our parents generation either, having kids in our early-mid 20s. Men and women are waiting much longer to have kids due to all the social changes and sluttery
>>
>>17776611
I met a lady from OkCupid for the first time last night. She seemed cool and expressed some interest in hanging out again when I asked. She might have just been being polite. We share a fair number of common interests. She also seemed stressed from work, but asked me to contact her at the beginning of the week--this week--to make plans to see each other again. She did that after we'd agreed to meet again. I'm 28. She's 29. I think the dating rules might have changed, but I'm not sure. I originally planned on sending her a text today to she if she was interested, but part of me is saying to wait until at least tonight, if not tomorrow, so as not to seem eager. If she's not interested, though, I'd rather get it out of the way to avoid wasting my time.

What should I do?
>>
>>17781224
The only benefit I see is inheriting the momey early in life...but then again its a hinderance because you arent mature and you will.blow all the money and stupid trivial material bullshit.

Its a con.
>>
>>17781224
>im 21 and my dad is 73 lmao

sheeit
>>
>>17781133
Not if you don't have any experience. Get an MBA when you've been working a few years.
>>
I'm 29 and about to finally graduate.

Feel like I've wasted the last part of my twenties, missing out on all the parties, living on my own in a city and the like--commuting from my parents house to college everyday.

Would have been nice to have that 20 something city experience.
>>
>>17781323
Text now if you're into her. This waiting this is ridiculous. If she's not into it it doesn't matter when you contact her.
>>
>>17776611
>severe anxiety ruined my life for 2 years
>ended up in ER probably at least 30 times in the last 2 years
>only got worse and worse
>ended up having to quit working back in january because it got so bad
>finally getting better, now i have to start all over
>living at parents house with no job
>becoming an alcoholic
>still afraid to get a job
>afraid itll come back
>it has once before
>took remeron and it worked really well for 3 months and then my relapse was worse than anything i had in the last 2 years
>none of my friends want to hang out with me
>sit at home all the time wanting to kill myself
>want to work out or something but heart palpitations freak me out
>fuck
>>
>>17781333
eh, im not inheriting much. my mom is 54 so shes gonna still have all the assets. the only thing that sucks is that he will die while im young
>>
>>17781742
She asked me to text her at the beginning of the week. Since we met on a Saturday night, I'm taking that to mean Monday.
>>
Just want to vent out a little. This is a little depressing and defeatist, so you might want to skip this if you aren't feeling particularly well.
I'm 23 and a half (yeah, I know thread says 25+ but whatever) and I feel like I completely wasted my youth.
I'm about to finish college but only had a group of friends for the first year. Didn't had a internship, never had any academic experience, never was part of student organization, nothing. Went to a couple of parties in my first year and made out with some girls but still a virgin.
But that isn't really what bothers me. What is worse is the feeling that, for the last __4 YEARS__ I have done NOTHING. I literally wasted time away on stupid games or youtube videos I don't even enjoy. And I will never get that time back, time which is supposed to be the best years of your life.
Now I have zero work experience or academic achievements, no social skills whatsoever and absolutely no dating experience on a age where you are supposed to be starting to leave behind drugs, parties and college life in general and act like an adult with real responsibilities.
It makes me really depressed to think I lost the opportunity to experience stupid teenage love, to be that guy who knows everyone at college, to spend the entire day on campus hopping from activity to activity (sports, clubs, etc). To enjoy parties and do drugs, to fuck more college girls than you could count. To be able to make mistakes and everything be alright because you are still young. To feel like it is OK to be inexperienced.
And the main thing: To have friends. To have people that you feel like enjoy your company, to call you to do things with them, people who introduce you to their friends and make you expand your social circle. People who make you mature your social skills, who you can share your insecurities with. The friends you are supposed to have done your greatest adventures with and the only people you probably will remain true friends with.
>>
>>17782273
I have lost all of that. I have but a tiny sliver of youth left and I completely lack experience on how to enjoy it, nor will have time now I'm going to start to work full-time. So it is over, the best years of my life, the years that are supposed to shape who I am, the years where I should have gotten some life experience, the years I could have used to have some real fun, to live some real adventures.
I just feel depressed to think about it. Yes, I have many years ahead, yes I can try to make up the lost time. But that doesn't change the fact that my best years were lost and anything I do will be just a desperate attempt to get a feeling of what I could have done, before I accept the fact that I wasted my youth on fucking videogames and youtube videos.
>>
>>17779889
Nope, my family's disintegrated. We are all fractured. I doubt anything will bring us together again. My brother's wife is a cunt. My mom is in a relationship with a moocher, and I'm in my 30s and single as fuck.
>>
>>17780254
The girl in this pic looks terrified. Is that what you were going for?
>>
>>17781036
>You know it would probably hurt him to hear how you feel, he looks up to you, all younger brothers do; in some way or another they all learn something from us.
Not true, I don't look up to mine. Although he does have a place of his own and a broken family. I don't have the former and I don't want the broken variety of the latter.
>>
>>17782279
>accept the fact I wasted my youth on fucking videogames and youtube videos.

Do you think the anons at /v/ have accepted that or just doubled down on wasting their lives?
>>
>>17776611

Anons who are now in their 30s, how different are they from your mid to late-20s?
>>
File: LADDAH.gif (1MB, 277x300px) Image search: [Google]
LADDAH.gif
1MB, 277x300px
>>17781139

I got a vasectomy when I was 24.

And I agree, I am a man-child; I'm 31, look 24 and feel 18.

Do you know how it feels to wake up in a nice, quiet, clean two bedroom condo that's been paid for, walk out to your car which has been paid for and drive to college where you're taking classes that interest you and meet a constant barrage of grillz who would gladly fuck you?

It feelsgoodman.
>>
File: theblacks.jpg (51KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
theblacks.jpg
51KB, 600x800px
>>17782652
Gimme yo phone n keys white boy
>>
File: Aura.gif (487KB, 270x206px) Image search: [Google]
Aura.gif
487KB, 270x206px
>>17782661

Oh man, if you only knew the situation I was in.

>Move into condo.
>A black family lives in the downstairs unit next to mine.
>One day, I hear their car not starting due to a low/dead battery.
>Get my jumper cables and jump their car.
>Tell them my name, which unit I'm in and that if they ever need anything to just ask.

Been here for four years and never been fucked with by any negros since the family I looked out for spread the word about me being a 'Chill ass honkey' aka a nice guy.
>>
>>17782364
Your friends have all disappeared cause they have their own lives. Your own shitty situation becomes less acceptable. You begin to lose hope that things will get better.
>>
I'm 27 and my escape route is a career in the military as an officer.

Someone tell me how I'm retarded
>>
>>17782996
Retarded as in, slow? You are 10 years too late, would have been half way to retirement now.
>>
>>17781224
damn I thought my dad was old, I'm 25 and he's 61
>>
27 here.

My life's pros:
>Served in French Foreign Legion
>Traveled a lot
>Never dishonored myself by making compromises on my values

My life's cons:
>Monumental debt back home. I literally can't go back without them taking everything away.
>Ex-con so no good job options anyways.
>No visible career other than the FFL which is - apart from the security - useless in civilian life. Also see point above.
>No gf, can't invest emotions anyways, bad childhood.
>Miss my country a lot, horribly homesick.

Pretty much lost guy now.
>>
>>17783079
>>Served in French Foreign Legion
Are you really serious?

How was that?

What was your nom de guerre?

Parlez vous Francais?
>>
>25
>KV
>Fucked up last job, can't get another and old job didn't contact me eventhough they're hiring and I told them I was willing to come back
>One friend who doesn't even really like you
>When ever I try to reach out to people I'm rejected or abandoned
>Missed out on life
>Other girls my age are becoming mothers, I'll never get that joy
>Too hot to sleep so posting on 4chan

I just wanna die
>>
>>17783113
Stop watching anime and people may like you
>>
>>17783137

I haven't watched an anime in a year and nope
>>
>>17783153
The fact that you can qualify not watching anime as "the last year" means that you're probably one of those grown up teenage weebs who are wondering why adult women aren't acting like anime girls
>>
>>17783156

If you're going to troll at least have a grasp of the English language and read the posts you're responding to dumbass
>>
File: llff015.jpg (562KB, 1209x680px) Image search: [Google]
llff015.jpg
562KB, 1209x680px
>>17783091
Je l'avais oublie. Je ne parle pas trop le francais.

Anyways, pic related if you want to know for sure. I won't give away my name, nor my number. I can provide with tips if you want to join though.

>How was that?
I like to say that it was the best mistake I ever made. My best experiences (and I know nothing will top them in this life) and my worst as well were in the Legion. I would do the whole thing again anytime. Service there is really great for anyone looking for experience, challenge and adventure (which is pretty rare in this world I think). However, it can and it will suck. Very. Hard. It also rarely solves any issues you leave behind when you enlist.
>>
Don't worry about direction too much, I always did and as long as you have a good head on your shoulders then things will level out. I'm 38 now, and I'd say things only started to pull together at 35!

I spent my youth (right up to around 25) getting high, partying, getting in debt, working on and off, and generally fucking my life up. Came out of school with minimal qualifications, and no further education. Fuck, I had some laughs though.

I'm kinda boring now, but as you grow older you often decide the quiet life is more desirable. I've been with my partner 8 years, but she's chill as fuck. We rent, and I'm OK with that.

I can still do the things I want to do, and I have a decent job, although nothing special. I procrastinate like fuck now that I'm older, but I like it. So much has changed in 5 years. My life is far from perfect, but it's enjoyable, and I feel content. Stable.

Shit will fall into place. Don't waste time worrying about the future, just tread your path.
>>
>>17783294
Did you have to kill people with syringes full of oxygen so it does leave any clue?
>>
>>17783357
Yeah, every day with my super secret black ops buddies.
>>
>>17783367
Décevant, pour être honnête avec toi.
>>
>>17783113
Are you me?
>>
Should I go back to school for IT? My current job I make $19/hr to basically do nothing all day, but I'm tired of wasting 40 hours a week staring at the internet. I have about $25k saved up, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time investment
>>
I'm 25 and just got my first girlfriend. something about me having a girlfriend doesn't feel "right". It's nothing she's done. Just, I don't know, me having a girlfriend feels wrong.

anybody else experience this?
>>
>>17783932

IT is a career path that is rapidly expanding
>>
>>17783454

I hope so, I don't want anyone else to go through what I do.
>>
Almost 30...

I just want a job with as little responsibility as possible (i.e. watching paint dry).

Every time I've had a leadership or management position I've failed miserably. I just want a boring do nothing job.
>>
>>17784368

What country do you live in?
>>
>>17784368

For real tho, if you live in the United States. Do Armed Security. Easiest job. and if you get a good contract you can make good money too.

I live in the Washington DC metro area, and I made $70,000 last year just sitting at the main gate to a federal facility. That's it.
>>
>>17783943
I've been there. You're so used to being single that a relationship is a foreign concept to you. Hell, I'm still there. I'm thoroughly convinced my only relationship was a fluke. I've not had a date in the 3 years since we broke up. She had guys courting her in a matter of weeks.

>>17783944
Not true. Demand in IT is predicted to decline over the next few decades as jobs get automated or efficiency (and exploitation) makes positions redundant. The growth in technology is expected to be in programming, because someone has to write the software that all the new hardware runs on. Coding is entirely different from IT. IT is like the computer mechanic. Software designers/engineers are just that: engineers and designers.

If you want to go into IT, employers want to see certs or a shit ton experience. Sometimes they'll still demand certs, and certs are a money pit. Hope you like top-down organizational structure too, cause IT has a very militant feel. Anyone care to object to this observation?
>>
>>17784497

Something about IT always did seem kind of dry but I have a literally do nothing job and it's killing me. Dont feel like I'm going anywhere and just want something.
>>
>>17784497
>Anyone care to object to this observation?
It's the programming side that is tanking, with programming being taught to younger and younger students all the time, and the flood of lowly skilled but "qualified according to foreign universities" labor coming out of low income countries.
Efficient programming is a thing of the past, and less knowledgeable/skilled(/expensive to pay) workers can actually pump out functioning product.

The maintenance side is going down in some ways and up in others. The more expensive maintenance roles, which are becoming "infrastructure as a service", or whichever "as a service" is the current flavor of the month. Those relatively high paying systems jobs are going to shrink in number due to everything being hosted by tech specific companies companies, at their own sites, with their own people maintaining the equipment and ensuring uptime.

On the other hand, as things become more and more connected, more network flavored IT and helpdesk flavored IT are going to be needed to ensure the less tech-savvy people that won't stop breaking things can actually connect to the "as a service" service in the first place.
>>
File: dontgrowup-1024x1024.jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dontgrowup-1024x1024.jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
28 here.

>diagnosed with OCD at 21
>take like 6 pills a day
>still at Uni
>still live with parents
>no full-time job, just freelance shit here and there
>afraid to move forward
>afraid to stay in the same place
>alienated all my friends because of anxiety and depression
>only source of entertainment now are mongolian cave painting forums and pretending everything will turn out ok somehow.

I feel like I've wasted my life. Until I was diagnosed with OCD, I felt like I had everything under control, was on top of the world, whatever. Now I feel like killing myself everyday.
>>
>>17783079
could you please share any tips to join the legion?
>>
>>17784497

What am I suppose to do
>>
>>17784541
I was asking specifically if anyone could refute the militaristic organizational structure and culture.
>>
>over 30
>only attracted to girls under 20
shit's impossible
should I just off myself now?
>>
>>17783079
>>17783294
Just curious on how was life there anon: What would you say were the best and the worse moments you had there?
Also, perhaps more important but less interesting: What was the typical day-to-day life?
>>
>>17785138

fuck you must be me.

I think the only chance guys like us have is going overseas and finding a young wife there. Most younger women that are into older men in my area are batshit crazy or have major daddy issues.
>>
>>17777816
They only want you to feel that way because you're not as miserable as they are. They believe that burdening themselves with unnecessary responsibilities is what makes you a functioning member of society.
>>
>>17777839
I made countless thousands in student aid grant refunds from CC (and later a state University). It's all free and they fucking pay you to be a student, unless you come from a "working poor" barely middle class background in which case you are fucked.
>>
>>17777871
My nigga. I've received tens of thousands in free college, like $15k in outright free grant cash, and have borrowed like 20-30k more in those great loans. I'm an older student (30s) and have a philosophy degree so far, added CS as a second major, and intend to go for a PhD to keep the train rolling. Fuck being a wagecuck with shit this sweet to be had.

I inherited a house worth six figures with a rental that pays the taxes too, so there's that. If I can't get into some sort of academic work, they will never get the money back from me and I have had some issues that could probably qualify for disability status so thanks for the tip.

I intend to go for the six figures in student aid gravy and go for the gold.
>>
>>17781750
>>severe anxiety ruined my life for 2 years
>>ended up in ER probably at least 30 times in the last 2 years
Shit, I've been in 3 times this year. Had issues with vertigo which made me think I was having a heart attack (hypertension planted that idea in my head, but it was likely a vestibular issue). Scary fucking shit sitting in an ER thinking you are about to die. Had CT scan, several EKGs, bloodwork, echocardiogram, 24hr heart monitor, carotid ultrasound...found out I'm in perfect fucking condition. Classic panic attacks-you feel like you are about to die and it's your last minutes on earth...what fun.
>>
Why am I over 25 and miserable?
Because I have one of the worst combination of psychiatric issues you can possibly have. It's not as bad as schizophrenia or severe autism but it's only a step down from that.

There is nobody alive or who will ever be born who could ever lead a successful life independent with what I have. I lucked out hard on the genetic lottery. What a goddamn shame.

I really fear that one day, it is going to be a struggle to not think about suicide. Right now i'm at my parents house and they're taking care of me. But the moment they die I will not be able to take care of myself and I will be on the streets. And in probably less than a months time I will be dead on the streets because i'll have no idea how to survive there.

Knowing my life is heading in that direction with no way to stop it is horrifying.

My only hope is to apply for disability and even then that probably won't be enough money to save me. I'm absolutely and totally screwed.

>Stop being so negative anon if you put your time into trying to make productive thoughts and plans to overcome your problems you could get out of this mess

No seriously. No. I'm absolutely fucked. There is nothing I can do.
>>
>>17785551
ok
>>
>>17785563
>ok
Post of the Year.
>>
>>17785351
Didn't know they have student aid in the US.
>>
>>17786074

yeah, people can get tens of thousand dollar back in aid.

I'm in flight school and yeah, granted I'm going to be paying 90% out of pocket. but I will get reimbursed up to $11,000 to at least help.

College isn't free. But you CAN get financial aid.
>>
>>17780007
>>17780007
no but his point is still valid. if you're 25 and unsure of what you want it's better to not get married and have kids with a mortgage

you have more than a decade to pursue that lifestyle if you find that's what you want, but once you have a kid/wife and mortgage it's impossible to go back
>>
File: 9mpjqtjqqa.jpg (44KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
9mpjqtjqqa.jpg
44KB, 400x325px
31 and... indifferent

Never had any dreams, ambition or goals in life, or if i did my insensitivity to emotions and feelings left me unable to notice.

On the urging or friends, family, teachers and employment office i've done the schooling for sales manager, logistic technician and building manager.

But whenever it became time to actually seek employment I realised I don't care enough to even apply to the jobs how the hell am i supposed to do them.

I'm a solid worker, clever at problem solving, a quick study, efficient at tasks and I do enjoy seen results of my work but... I just don't care.

By now I almost with I hasn't gotten out of duty, military life might have worked for me as I'd be free of decisions and need for personal initiative.

It's scary when you look at a miserable stereotype and envy him.
>>
File: 1468811929959.png (515KB, 636x639px) Image search: [Google]
1468811929959.png
515KB, 636x639px
>>17776611
Just dropping in to say I'm rooting for you guys.
>>
>>17786560

Why don't you become a Firefighter?

you'll work with a team and work towards a common goal. there will be leadership to guide you as well.
>>
>>17786576
Well the easiest excuse is the physical demand.

The real issue is that here firefighters and soldiers are part of national service, and I was deemed unfit.

Also, it requires me to care about strangers, I can barely even care about myself.
>>
File: 1479085199060.jpg (114KB, 640x1791px) Image search: [Google]
1479085199060.jpg
114KB, 640x1791px
>>17779889
No. There is a qt family friend who will come to dinner and scrutinize me, but it's just because she worries about me. A lot.
>>
>>17786594
>you will never fall in love with slave CC

Too soon
>>
>>17786584
Do you like animals?
>>
File: 1475389331074.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475389331074.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
25 virgin in 7 days.

Ironically, I'm having a date this weekend with a girl who had a crush on me a few years ago but I was autism and I said nope. I went abroad and came back recently. Through pure chance I met her on the street a while ago and we exchanged numbers. Nothing happened, but she texted me a couple days ago if I'd like to go out and meet for a drink/catch up.
I said sure.

Guys, what are the chances she's still into me? I'm objectively better that I ever was. I lost weight, got a prestigious job in medicine (her field), I am well traveled, smart, I am tall and have many life experiences.

She's a bubbly airhead, happy and cheerful while I'm serious and chill

>tfw I have a chance to lose my virginity literally a few days before 25

How do I not fuck up?
>>
>>17786611

Be interesting.

and stop thinking the whole "oh fuck I'm still a virgin. I need to lose my virginity fuck fuck fuck" that shit will fuck you up. Stop caring about that
>>
File: maique.png (758KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maique.png
758KB, 1280x800px
you're not the guy
>>
>>17786611
25, plenty of experience with girls.
She probably likes that you're serious and chill, and the fact she wants to meet up means she's interested. Just play it cool and ease into it. Be casual.
Are you good at banter? I find that if you can be clever and make a girl laugh, they'll open up much quicker. Try to keep discussion light at first. Teach her esoteric but interesting things.

Also, I think you'll do fine.
>>
File: IMG_1446.jpg (17KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1446.jpg
17KB, 300x179px
>>17786618

Wait wait wait! I can get you what you need. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows another guy who's sister dates a guy from California, who happens to know another guy who's twice removed cousins from this other guy who used to work with another guy that went on drug runs with this guy who is best friends with the guy.
>>
>>17786600
I guess.
Getting an animal care position is a nightmare though.
Even trained people have a 1/50 employment ratio.
>>
>>17786646

You don't have to be a Veterinarian. Why couldn't you go volunteer at a Animal Shelter? That actually might be really good for your mental health. it'd get you doing something positive
>>
>>17782652
Can relate. Am 33, look 24 and get a shitload of attention from women 18-40.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.