[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

Welcome to the NEET/shut-in improvement thread!

>old thread
>>17726540

>Discord
https://discord.gg/AAhJ6eR

Join us for help on improving your life, becoming more social or just helping people with these things! All are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

>What do I do in the threads?
Ask people for advice on your NEET-related/social problems, or join our discord group to do the same.

>Wait, is this some super-secret cool kids' club where you can only be some sort of shut-in freak to participate in?
No, anybody is free to enter and help our group. Feel free to participate, just don't be a dick.

NEET IMPROVEMENT RULES
=======================================

1. Preventing your suicide is not our responsibility. If you need someone to talk you out of hurting yourself and/or others, please call a suicide hotline.
2. No doxxing or spamming. If you post any personal information of another user without their consent, you will be banned. Spamming will result in temporary loss of text privileges.
3. Please try to genuinely improve your lot in life. We're not here to circlejerk about how horrible our lives are. We'll all slip up or need to vent sometimes, but overall you should try to be positive and move upwards.
4.The #support channel is for advice only. Check #rules for a description of all other channels and rules.

=======================================

Self-help resources: http://pastebin.com/BSZDiAKd
>>
bumpan
someday i may join the discord
as soon as my anxiety stops being a huge bitch
>>
>>17731067
We're working on making a guide to overcoming anxiety, depression, and a few other things that'll be added to the Pastebin soon.

So far the guide is intended to only really deal with the affects of anxiety in real life though. How does your anxiety affect you online? It might help us write a better guide if you could give us some insight into that.
>>
I dunno, I'm a lot happier since I stopped fighting against the fact that I'm just not social or outgoing. I think the vast majority of humans crave strong social interaction, but some of us just don't and we make ourselves miserable trying to be something we're not.
>>
File: template.png (33KB, 1592x1322px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
33KB, 1592x1322px
>>17731754
Introverts find social activities draining, and alone time recharging. And for extroverts the reverse is true. But that's not to say draining activities are necessarily bad. I think when you make yourself miserable is trying to be social when you don't have enough energy from other recharging activities, but being social at least sometimes is very important for mental health regardless of introversion or extroversion.

It might be helpful for you to try this activity. Write down all the things you do and whether or not they're draining or recharging. Include any things you used to do but stopped doing, or want to try doing in potential. Our lives can get very out of balance at times.

It's based off of these:
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/energisingdraining.htm
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/battery.htm
http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/ace.htm
http://www.llttf.com/index.php?section=module&umod_seq=1281548&mod_seq=1057&mods_slide=1
http://www.llttf.com/free_booklets/i_cant_be_bothered_doing_anything/ (p. 6 & 7)
>>
File: example.png (71KB, 1592x1322px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
71KB, 1592x1322px
>>17731780
And here's an example of how someone might fill it out. Entertainment, bonding, and wellness should be fairly self-explanatory. Rewarding tasks (should) give you a sense of self-accomplishment or are done out of obligation. Too much red in any one section can be very demotivating.
>>
>>17731780
What of Introverts who do not want ANY social activities because its too draining? Or has bad history with people. This is basically NEET isn't it?

I've been neet for nearly 10 years. Introversion is one few aspect I've acknowledged so far. Another dimension is depression (medically diagnosed) as well as Autism Spectrum Disorder thats been proposed to me by a doctor (I shot it down). There's also agoraphobia that was proposed as well.

Ultimately a NEET suffers many different dimensions of disorder. A single thing probably wont make a person NEET.
>>
>>17731914
If you feel you're happy in your current situation and you've accepted being a NEET, then I wouldn't try to tell you anything. But for anyone who wants to move past it and struggles with doing so, things like learning to balance social activities with alone time is very important; even if it is really draining.
>>
>>17732090
"Happy" relative to anything change.
>>
how to get boyfriend?
>>
>>17732808
Learn how to flirt with people and put yourself out there in social settings with single males. Or join an online dating site.
>>
>having a technology dependence is a disorder
lmfao just think if you went cold turkey and were forced into being productive you'd be perfectly able to adapt and achieve.
>>
File: 2yearsofsemen.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
2yearsofsemen.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
bump
>>
I am messing up with my education. While I am in a very rough path mental healt wise, I cannot help but feel that I should have done more or asked for more help. I am willing to face the fact that it was me that ruined it for me.
In an hour or so I have a meeting with the dean. How to face her and not be completely anxious, but instead make it a productive meeting that will save my education?
>>
What to do every day? Hi, so I'm tired of sitting on the computer all day everyday, I already started an excercise routine but it's only 3 days a week one hour a day so that is not enough, I want to get a better posture and sitting all this time doesn't help at all. Currently I can't get a job or go to school and there are no good places to volunteer in my city so... what can I do?
>>
>>17731754
Well, this isn't necessarily about being extroverted. This is about being a functional, independent human being.
We all have different routes to get there.
>>
File: 8da.png (7KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
8da.png
7KB, 264x400px
>>17732808
Pm me pics.
>>
>>17731914
Sounds like a classic case of sour grapes. I told myself exactly what you're saying for years.
>>
>>17733874
3 1 hour workouts a week is a pretty decent place to start. When you start getting into shape, try to make it 4 or 5 days.
>>
>>17733812
Bit late to offer advice for convincing her, but try to get professional help and address the underlying problems. If you do it'll be easier to manage going to classes, keeping up with homework, and other things. If you regularly visit the counselor she might also be more forgiving and understanding since she sees you're working hard on improving. Otherwise check the pastebin for some self-help resources.

I hope the meeting went okay.

>>17733874
>I want to get a better posture and sitting all this time doesn't help at all.
Take walks. They're great exercise, great for getting some sunlight and reducing any 'cabin fever' you're going through, great for practicing making eye contact with people, sitting around in parks and just relaxing and enjoying the world. All of those things are amazing for treating depression and anxiety. It can also help you fix your posture very easily. When you walk you should be looking about 10 sidewalk blocks ahead of you on level ground, you can count to make sure you are until it becomes habit for you. Just remember to position yourself in relationship to your comptuer so you aren't hunched over. Eventually you'll end up with really good posture.

>Currently I can't get a job or go to school and there are no good places to volunteer in my city so... what can I do?
Keep working on self-improvement. I'm not a NEET anymore but honestly, the most productive year I've ever had in my life I was still while I was one. I'd go on walks every day, go out to the mall to walk around practicing socializing and just for fun because I could, go on 'adventures' to new places near me that I've never been, practiced learning a language, lost a ton of weight and started getting back into cooking. Identify what you want to change in your life and take the steps to change it. Try out new hobbies and work towards bettering yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.