[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im curious adv

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

How did the popular kids at your highschool turn out? For me half of them literally ended up getting pregnant right after graduation
>>
Some are successful, other aren't. What advice do you want?
>>
The QB to the football team got a full ride scholarship to one of the best state schools in the nation. He proceeded to rob 3-5 banks and went to prison.

Other popular kids got knocked up or have never left the town they were born in.
>>
>>17721499

"popular kid" is a totally vague description

I was on the less popular side of "popular", I was a stoner and n athlete. I'm about to get my master's degree in psychology at the end of this school year

another popular kid who got laid a lot in high school just killed himself a week ago

there's a large variance, just like any other population
>>
>>17721504

are you from some super rural place with a graduating class of like less than 50 people? if not, i'm sure some of the popular kids are doing fine and some are excelling lol
>>
>>17721503
This isnt advice im just curious
>>
Most of them either do some time get knocked up or gain like 40 extra pounds
>>
>>17721499
Netherlands here. One of them was on the news because he was a convict on the run. Two of them became coalburners with kids before 20. One has become a drug dealer. The rest (5 or so) work pretty shit jobs ranging from scrapheap mechanic to cleaner.
>>
File: 1470593465398.png (58KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470593465398.png
58KB, 200x200px
>>17721509
>another popular kid who got laid a lot in high school just killed himself a week ago

Literally what the fuck
Why

Why would a highschool chad who drowned in pussy kill themselves

That's what guys who are virgins think about doing

>inb4 it ends once graduation

Bullshit if they do that well in highschool they can carry it on into college easy, and from there normal life
If they jump straight to normal life they can still keep doing it

I mean that guy lived the fucking dream, heaven on earth
>>
>>17721499
i been trackin em on the facebooks, about 100 of em.

much to my displeasure, most of the beautiful people got great jobs and traveled and live magical happy lives.

most of the ones that were popular out of sheer personality and willpower became druggies.
>>
>>17721624
If you actually believe getting laid is the solution of all life problems then you really need grow up anon.
>>
>>17721645
that's a weird way to look at life - as a set of problems.

getting laid is the greatest pleasure, and pleasure centers are the driving force of the universe. those and delusions.

if you're still hung up on trying to sniff out all of the grown up delights of erudition and refinement, then YOU are the one who needs to grow up, anon. That, or go meditate with the dumb buddhists. Lol, just shave your head and put on yellow robes and go forth into homelessness, that would show me!
>>
File: 1469079497564.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469079497564.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>17721666
>getting laid is the greatest pleasure, and pleasure centers are the driving force of the universe
????
>if you're still hung up on trying to sniff out all of the grown up delights of erudition and refinement, then YOU are the one who needs to grow up, anon. That, or go meditate with the dumb buddhists. Lol, just shave your head and put on yellow robes and go forth into homelessness, that would show me!

????

If you truly believe getting laid is the greatest pleasure then you DO have a lot of growing friend, at least as a person.
Sex is not the end to be of all things.
>>
>>17721668
*whoosh*
>>
>tfw virgin anti social in high school
>tfw start working out and improving for uni
>tfw experience one year of happiness, almost get laid, getting big etc
>tfw tore my arm 2nd year uni
>tfw never been the same, only gotten worse

Now I'm graduated 3-4years later and unemployed. My eyes have been opened to the state of the world and I do not want to participate with a permanently injured arm.

Fuck. This. Shit.
>>
HAR HAR
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaury_Lepetit
>Died 1 year after he got his leg cut off from a heart attack
Thank you for that little moment of joy, guys.
My only regret was I couldn't laugh at him. Well, if spirits are real, Amaury, you lived like a loser and you died like one.
>>
>>17721503
Basically this. Some of them faded into obscurity or have done some dumb shit whereas some did what they loved. Two whom I know, one became a dancer and the other a surgeon.
>>
The most popular and well liked people are all either fat, unsuccessful or pregnant. Some have been really successful in maintaining appearances, relationships and finishing degrees this year or the next.

With me being the less popular kind, I've saved up $50k and ready to buy a house for investment at the age of 22 and currently training to join the police.

It's a mixed bag. Take what you will from it.
>>
>>17721503
He's an underaged kid who hopes to hear the "popular" kids turn out to become losers.
>>
I presume they moved on from their "prestige" that they had in HS and are now doing regular human things, like me.

Just remember that no matter how superficial someone may look, they are a human every bit as complex as you are
>>
Most of the popular men from my highschool are still living in the hometown, some at home, lot of them are in trades. Some of them are making good money this way. Most of them have substance abuse problems.

Most of the popular women have no jobs or are in traditionally feminine service jobs- massage therapy, stylists, etc.

The most successful kids have been the not-popular-not-outcast kids. Solid C's in HS kid just finished up his math masters beautifully.

I was in the outcast-smart-art-science-nerds group (all one group- rural HS) and most of us are medicated wrecks.
>>
>>17721499
The underlying psychology behind this is this:

Cool kids generally get an easy ride through high school and so aren't emotionally or intellectually prepared for the hard work of adult living. This is compounded by a natural tendency to look back at "the best years of their lives" rather than forward to whatever scary new things life offers.

Uncool kids are frequently the hard-working wonks and nerds, or the self-chosen outsiders who reject the high school values. The one group is likely to do well in college and thus in career; the other will be independent thinkers who look for self-fulfillment more than money, and thus are more happy as adults.

These are, of course, generalizations. But they explain some of the anecdotal evidence given above.
>>
File: 1475094963443.png (195KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475094963443.png
195KB, 768x768px
>>17721509
>I'm about to get my master's degree in psychology

I've got bad news for you, anon
>>
I don't know, it's not something I ever think about. When I see them in public I just try to steer clear.
>>
>>17721499
>fat
>FAT
>blue collar jobs
>early pregnancy/early marriage
>>
>>17721645
This
>>
File: image_0.png (78KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.png
78KB, 209x241px
>>17721509
>I'm about to get my master's degree in psychology
>Psychology
Good luck with that, anon
>>
>>17721499
Huh. Funny you should ask, I just got an alumni newsletter
>I'm old, so....
>Most popular girl in school married a state politician 10 years older than her when she was a college senior.
>He is utilities commissioner and she works as a clerk and that's what they've done for 12 years
>Captain of the cheerleaders: 2 abortions in college that everyone knows about, single these days after her third divorce in 10 years, bitches endlessly about how she isn't getting alimony
>The 'prettiest girl' put on 30 lbs freshman year, weighed 210 lbs by the time she finished uni, got to 300 by the time she graduated, just married a Nigerian because the only way she could get a date was with a green card
>Most popular guy went to state, failed out, has been selling cell phones and plans at the verizon store for a decade
>Captain of the football team (who was a nice guy) did OK in college ball and was trying out for semi-pro ball when he blew out a knee. He is assistant coach at the high school we went to and is the exact same guy he was as a Junior, but with a limp
>The handsomest guy is a meth head and is jail with no teeth
>The guy who sometimes bullied me spent 2 years in prison for beating his GF and now works for a septic tank company
>>
>>17721499
Considering I was one of them and I keep in touch with a lot of the other ones, it depended on how they were treated in high school.
If they were an average student, they kept on keeping on.
If they were smart and were babied by the teachers about it, half crashed and burned in college and the other half already got good job offers midway through and dropped out.
If they were just there for sex and parties, a few 19/20 year old single moms and some dudes who still go to high school parties.
>>
Some are fine.
Some aren't.

A few went to college, some went to the military, a lot of others are simply in jail. Most the women are pregnant and single, most the men are paying child support. Some are part of the bar hopping crowd, others are drug abusers.
>>
I was one of the "popular" kids, but I was also in AP & IB classes and was the editor in chief of the yearbook. I grew up shy and was bullied pretty bad in middle school, so when I finally stopped being super skinny and was cool enough to throw awesome parties and bang cheerleaders, I was pretty nice to everyone.

That's why it was hard to discern your "popular" kids from the not popular ones - frankly everyone is kind of dealing with their own insecurities and shit, and it's the people with really low self esteem who assign this fake sense of worth to other kids.

I remember I asked a girl out in middle school when we were both close friends, got turned down after one date, and then three-four years later I randomly decided to talk to her at lunch and she flat out told me she thought I was too cool for her now and we couldn't be friends. Knocked me for a loop.

Anyways, they're all in varying levels of success. But I know that when I look on Facebook or whatever, for the most part, the kids I'd consider part of the in crowd mostly are pretty successful. Like 60% successful, 20% stable but unspectacular, 20% completely fucked.
>>
File: (You).jpg (4MB, 3732x5052px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
4MB, 3732x5052px
>>17721589
>This isnt advice im just curious
>This isnt advice
>>
>>17722467
Ok where should i have posted this?
>>
everyones says that this is a generalization but its true all the popular kids end up fat and broke
>>
>>17723315
>>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.