[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transgender men and the army?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: image.gif (485KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
485KB, 245x245px
I'm a trans guy in high school, haven't transitioned yet though. Senior year I'm thinking about graduating early and starting transition. After that year, I want to join the military (not sure which branch yet) but how can I do this?? Especially if I want to transition before that, and how long will I have to wait?
>>
File: 1460423325110.png (462KB, 780x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1460423325110.png
462KB, 780x1131px
>>17703713
i dont know , how long does it take to grow a cock and balls ?
oh and you have to chop yer tits off !
but after all that you will be a man !
im sure the army will accept you
>>
>>17703713
The army doesn't usually take mentall ill people, they usually make them
>>
I can't speak to your specific situation but I can tell you that you have difficult times ahead OP. honestly you will probably not get many helpful answers here. you will have an easier time googling on your own, because you will want to read everything you possibly can about it. and look for a mentor in the transgender community.

ordinarily I'd recommend asking /lgbt/ but last time I was there, they were too busy being catty to each other to be of any help. but you could try there too.

good luck OP, I hope things work out for you.
>>
>>17703713
Just volunteer for mine finding duty. You just have to walk ahead of all the soldiers and find ieds and land mines by stepping on them. Everyone wins in this scenario.
>>
File: 1473667927152.jpg (39KB, 575x556px) Image search: [Google]
1473667927152.jpg
39KB, 575x556px
>>17703713
Don't do it. Coming from a military family, there's enough tensions in the military as of late, and having another mentally ill kid isn't going to help anyone. Everyone working with you will just have to bend over backwards to make special accommodations for you, and it's a serious risk to their career or life depending on what your doing.
>>
File: 1475034857496.jpg (46KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
1475034857496.jpg
46KB, 600x593px
>>17703860
This is the best advice.
>>
>>17703953
I just want to serve the country, not be some sort of special snowflake that they need to make accommodations for. What type of accommodations would they even be? It's not like they don't have both male and females in the military already
>>
hahahaha

with that squeaky trans voice you aint going far in the army mate. imagine hearing 'i dont know what ive been told' in that a chipmunk voice - the enemy will piss their pants with laughter.
sos for being brash but its the truth. your gonna be with a bunch of retarded bullys who were too stupid and aggressive for education or an apprenticeship so they joined the goddam army. They're gonna tear your ass to shreds love.

and dont forget sexual assault....your gonna have a /hard/ time

try something else babe
>>
>>17703713
A few quick questions OP, Have you ever been diagnosed with depression or any other mental disorder?
>>
File: 1375492120232.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1375492120232.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>17703713

Go to >>>/lgbt/

You're not going to get any productive answers from these idiots.
>>
>>17704181
Alright fine, yes I have. But this can easily be explained due to hating my body and feeling dysphoria. I know a lot of people that claim to be trans are usually p retarded and the type of people that major in gender studies and shit like that... I'm not like that, I just want to be a guy and fit in as a guy, not be a "transgender", but I see why I could be a problem for the army because of that I guess
>>
File: 1374607997294.jpg (64KB, 469x620px) Image search: [Google]
1374607997294.jpg
64KB, 469x620px
>>17704209

Ok, because you insist on staying.

Nothing is going to be easy for you. Identifying as transgendered is going to be a divisive topic for everyone you meet. I will tell you that my whole family has military backgrounds and right now the U.S. military is doing a big overhaul on their acceptance of transgendered people.

It will difficult. People will make fun of you. People will call you a mentally ill freak of nature. The military is still very much a straight-laced boys club and even if you weren't transgendered if they sensed any femininity or weakness in you they'd make fun of you anyways, even if you were biologically a man.

Also, don't come here and get started trying to defend your decision to transition. Like I said, you're not going to get any productive answers here, just a bunch of armchair psychiatrists calling you a mentally ill faggot.

If you want to join the army, go for it. No one will stop you. It will be really hard though, and getting all those cornfed retards from middle America who were too dumb to go to college to accept you won't be easy.
>>
>>17704223
Look, as soon as I pass as a man I'm not going to "identify as transgender" lol. Obviously if I don't have a dick yet, that makes it harder to cover up that fact. But yeah is there a certain branch more accepting of they DID know I'm trans? I'm not scared of being made fun of or anything, but just good to know
>>
>>17704099
Your kind always leads to issues in the military. It's not always your fault, but keep in mind the average kid going into the military is probably from a rural area, not highly educated , conservative and fairly religious. Once one person finds out, you're going to have issues. The military itself is also not a place that deals well with diversity. It's set up to convince a whole bunch of straight, young men to follow orders, and any difference or diversity leads to the afformentioned issues. There could also be physical issues, but I don't know the specifics of how the transition affects the body in regards to physical strength
>>
>>17704209
>I just want to be a guy and fit in as a guy
You will never fit in as a guy in the military. You won't fit in period. Don't kid yourself.
>>
File: 20161025_115654.jpg (14KB, 110x167px) Image search: [Google]
20161025_115654.jpg
14KB, 110x167px
>>17704209
In the end we can't stop you from serving, but don't sue when your descriminated against.
>>
>>17704263
>as soon as I pass as a man
HAHAHA
>>
>>17704695
Testosterone is a powerful drug
>>
>>17703713
You are not alone:

Transgender military members are in a precarious position ...
www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transgender... Cached
About 15,500 transgender people are serving in the military, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank at UCLA that addresses lesbian, gay, bisexual and ...
>>
Fuck off to the chairforce.

You won't survive in the army/navy/marines.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.