[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychiatric Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Where did the time go.jpg (963KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Where did the time go.jpg
963KB, 1920x1280px
Mental health help where I am takes over a month to actually have an appointment, so if you're in distress or maybe need a medication adjustment its either ER inpatient psych ward (can't do this, can't afford to lose this semester at school) or you're fucked.

Right now lets say I'm fucked, I can't focus on my studies, I'm off my meds and no one is helping me they keep on repeating their policies verbatim instead of offering a solution or giving me a lead. I literally do all the work for communicating between doctors and pharmacies. I have to call and hound them to process things. I'm not just sick of it, I can't keep up anymore. I have an appointment on the 12th for "drug counseling" because a year ago I used to smoke pot (been clean for 1+ years) I told them I needed new scripts because I was in a different state and they wont transfer, instead of a psychiatrist they give me a drug counselor and say its mandatory before psychiatrist.

So psychiatrist comes at least one month from now.

What do I do? I was on Lexapro, Abilify, Wellbutrin, and I take Trazodone to sleep. I've been off it for some weeks now, my head has been fuzzy, I lost all motivation second week in, and I can't focus/don't have energy to speak.

I'm tempted to buy adderall to get through all of this. Now what do I do. Family can't help. Too much tension regarding this, they'll blow up or preach to me (literally preach, they're Christian) if they find out I'm having mental problems again.
>>
>>17654510
And if I can't stay in college its back to living in a one bedroom apartment with five other people. I need to work my way out of poverty, any advice would be appreciated.
>>
File: An age past.jpg (95KB, 800x1207px) Image search: [Google]
An age past.jpg
95KB, 800x1207px
Anyone? Any ideas?
>>
>>17654510
Does your college's counseling services have a psychiatrist? I'm asking because mine did and I "only" waited 2.5 weeks or so between getting a referral from my therapist and seeing the center's psychiatrist.

Not much of an improvement over a month, but every little bit helps when it comes to getting needed meds sooner.
>>
Call around and get an appointment at another office.
>>
File: He's Old Now.jpg (96KB, 790x1012px)
He's Old Now.jpg
96KB, 790x1012px
>>17654628
Yes, they have full blown medical staff, psychiatrist and all. It'll just take a month, like the doctors and counseling center are one entity.

>>17654648
I have no health insurance except university health insurance which only covers university doctors, its a big uni so it has its own facilities and its own medical center. Not enough money to see a psychiatrist, and state medicaid doesn't transfer out of state.
>>
>>17654666
I'm pretty much out of ideas. Only other thing I can say while the main source of antidepressants is psychiatrists, any physician can prescribe them. Could you see your family's PCP?

Good luck anon, this is a tough situation to be in.
>>
>>17654510
>Lexapro, Abilify, Wellbutrin, and I take Trazodone
couldnt you go to a walk in clinic , see a doc and get a script?
>>17654695
>pcp
thats crazy talk , never take nigger drugs!
>>
ah, okay. here's what you need to do. get an appointment with ANY medical personnel at the centre, or talk to a head nurse/doctor/anyone IN PERSON who's NOT A RECEPTIONIST. you could even stand around the building at lunch time and try to speak to someone with a stethoscope as they leave for lunch break. talk to them in person, and explain concisely that you haven't been able to get an appointment and are in withdrawl from wellbutrin, abilify, lexapro, and trazadone and are having really severe side effects, and have no alternate health insurance, and remind them that abilify is 800 dollars a bottle out of pocket. insist that you really need a 15 minute appointment with a psychiatrist or MD because you're getting very sick. they should help you.
>>
>>17654749
Either this is really good bait or you're fifteen, but I'll bet fifteen just incase, so to calmly answer you:
>no, thats not how the system works
>and he means primary care physician
And if that was an attempt at a joke, >>>/b/
>>
>>17654765
also-
there may be a free clinic near you. just search 'free clinic' and they can transfer the script to the school pharmacy.
you might need medical records from your previous therapist to document the doses and medications, though these are non-narcotics, so you shouldnt have trouble. get them faxed to you from the office in case.

also, file for medicade in your state immediately.
>>
>>17654771
oh look
>>17654780
others say to go to a clinic !
learn how to use meme arrows correctly dweeb
>>
>>17654771
medical student here. that is how it works, you can visit a walk-in free clinic and they are required to help you if you're in withdrawal from psychiatric medications. if they don't theyre liable if you kill yourself or have a seizure.

he made a pretty funny joke. your lack of humor indicates a bowel obstruction, see a doctor asap
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.