[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be a girl but I'm not what do.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: gardevoir.png (6KB, 128x197px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir.png
6KB, 128x197px
I want to be a girl but I'm not what do.
>>
you will never be a girl
every single cell of your body will carry male dna forever
you can grow your hair and take some drugs and get some surgery but in the end

you will never be a girl
>>
File: 15237878.png (260KB, 461x357px) Image search: [Google]
15237878.png
260KB, 461x357px
>>
>>17650559
Accept that you're not.
>>
>>17650562
That's not technically advice you know.
>>17650565
this is too profound for me
>>
>>17650569
how? I've tried all kinds of approaches but the feels don't leave.
>>
Don't look for advice on here.

You'll mainly get replies like >>17650562. Regardless of how you feel about trans issues and so on, most people on here have a really superficial understanding of the subject. You'll get a lot of fallacious reasoning, and read a lot of shit about the condition and the various treatments for it that's just factually incorrect, as in it's not backed up by and in many cases directly refuted by actual research.

Search online to see if there are any gender therapists near you. Make an appointment with one. They'll help you sort out how you feel and what, if anything, you should do about it. Contrary to what people will tell you on here, they won't push hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery or counseling or *any* treatment at all until it's clear that it's what you want and need.
>>
>>17650594
I've approached a therapist, honestly I can't handle talking about these things irl and I felt terrible after the first conversation, brought me close to suicide. Don't think I'll ever have the courage to take that road again
>>
>>17650632
That's kind of a dilemma.

Honestly, it'll be very hard to deal with this in any substantive way that doesn't involve any in-person interaction. I still recommend getting in touch with a therapist, but

1. Make sure it's the right therapist -- you really should look up a gender therapist who's trained to deal with this specific issue. They understand how hard this is for many people to talk about. They won't force you to talk about it until you're ready, and their entire job relies on helping people feel comfortable enough to open up about it. It's what they're trained to do.

2. When you speak with them -- even before your first appointment, if you can get in touch with them beforehand -- tell them what you told us, how hard this is for you, and they'll probably work with you to find something you are comfortable with -- a phone conversation, or even corresponding via email at first. Again, these people are trained to put you at ease.

If you don't feel up to that at all, obviously I can't make you (and wouldn't want to), and there are resources and support groups online. They won't be able to address this as permanently or substantively as a trained mental health professional, but they can provide some support, and maybe get you closer to feeling able to talk about this in person. Can't link 'em in those post because of the character limit, but I can put some in a followup post if you'd like.
>>
Please get mental help. Visit a psychologist and a doctor. Please do not listen to the people that say "kill youself" or the people that say "undergo this irreversible surgery and take these drugs that'll make you kill yourself." Get some help and learn to accept yourself for who you are. There are many things in this world we as people can do, but changing our gender isn't one of them and you'll just end up damaged and unsatisfied if you try.
>>
>>17650701
>take these drugs that'll make you kill yourself
which ones?
Also almost all medical professionals advice transition as a valid and sometimes unavoidable treatment.
I'm not saying your perspective is invalid but it goes directly against the medical help you're advising, so it comes off as a passive aggresive way to call them mentally ill (which, again, I'm not arguing against being a valid perspective, but to throw it out needlessly is just rude)
>>
>>17650718
While I do not have personal experience with it, anyone I've talked to in the medical field claims quite the opposite to what you've said. However, this could merely be antidotal and I'd be more than willing to see any statistics you have
>>
File: transregretssmall.jpg (715KB, 1200x1677px) Image search: [Google]
transregretssmall.jpg
715KB, 1200x1677px
>>17650725
Sure. Mind you that despite the media attention, it's a relatively rare condition so research is limited, but pretty much all the peer reviewed studies tend to show that it's the best possible treatment we have.
The only study I can think of with "success" that wasn't to some degree transitioning was a VERY powerful anti-psychotic used on one person. You can argue if it's really a success if it's basically the medication equivalent of lobotomy.
>>
>>17650701
>>17650718
Further, they repeated the (incredibly frustrating) myth the suicide rate increases for post-op trans people. And it is a myth; there's no evidence for it. There's no evidence because he haven't the foggiest idea what the suicide rate is for trans people who *do not have the surgery*, although we know it's scarily high.

Given that, in general, doctors and therapists do not recommend transitioning frivolously, trans people do not undergo the procedures frivolously, and the evidence suggests that most post-ops' mental health (not all of them, no) is somewhat improved after they adjust, it's likely that it either does not affect the suicide rate or lowers it slightly, although obviously it remains high. Yes, there have been a few highly publicized and tragic cases to the contrary. No, a handful of anecdotes do not outweigh the bulk of actual studies and the consensus of the medical community.

This isn't to say that transitioning IS right for everybody, or that it would be right for the OP, or that it's a perfect solution. It's obviously not. Most trans people do not transition, and that's fine.
>>
>>17650740
>Further, they repeated the (incredibly frustrating) myth the suicide rate increases for post-op trans people. And it is a myth; there's no evidence for it. There's no evidence because he haven't the foggiest idea what the suicide rate is for trans people who *do not have the surgery*, although we know it's scarily high.
this, in fact in the study that reports the high suicide rates they specifically state that post op treatment doesn't solve all issues, they never once suggest that the operations themselves have negative impact. It's simply research on the suicide rate of a demographic.
>>
>>17650559
>>>/lgbt/

I'm not kidding. You feel like a girl and your body doesn't follow. Get advice there, they know better.

>>17650740
>>17650745
Gonna add to this: I know a trans mtg who was seriously suicidal. She wants to kill herself because she doesn't look feminine enough although if I hadn't known she was trans I'd have sworn she's a biological girl.
>>
If you want to wear makeup and lingerie, go for it, but it sadly isn't possible because humans just aren't made that way.
>>17650562
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.