[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pupper search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (406KB, 1431x1547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406KB, 1431x1547px
Im in the market for a new battle doggo. I have some preference in an outdoor/hunting dog.
I have my eyes on Vizsla as a breed, but I want to know which dog would be easier to handle with 5-6 hour work days?

I intend to buy a puppy btw

Maximum budget 800$ or so

Thanks boys

>pic related, may he RIP
>>
don't buy a purebred, there are thousands of good doggos in need of rescue who will be killed otherwise
>>
>>17636703
Puppies? And where would be a good place in MN to look?
>>
>>17636739
Yes, Google your local shelter
>>
>>17636703

If they weren't shit they wouldn't be in a shelter.

At $800 it'd be a god damn rip-off not to buy a purebred.
>>
>>17636788
You don't know shit about dogs.

Mutts are genetically superior, immune to many disorders and problems that plague pure breeds. Shelters are full of them because dogs fuck and breed like crazy if not snipped.

Best dogs you can find are usually in shelters.
>>
>>17636691

I hope someone will be there to watch the pupper during the time you're gone.
>>
>>17636803
This guy knows what's up.

Some breeds are much more prone to serious health issues than others (unsurprisingly they're usually the ones bred for exaggerated traits) but mutts on average are much healthier.
>>
>>17636788

At $800 it IS a rip-off. A purebred doesn't guarantee a good behavior or attitude, just that you have a piece of paper that says they're a specific breed of dog. Big fucking deal. It's only good if you plan on breeding them, otherwise who gives a shit how much your dog costs?
>>
>>17636691
>>>/an/
try asking here too.
>>
>>17636691
Unless you're going to actually train and use the dog for sport i'd recommend going down to the shelter. Even then, most shelters have puppers that you can grow and the shelter will handle the shots, neutering and all that shit for you before you get the dog so it's not going to be near 800 and you can get some good puppy kibble and small dog toys. As far as breed, it actually depends where you live. I assume you're in America, and here you have to be very careful with buying dogs because most breeders just inbreed and inbreed until the whole breed is fucked and can't live without constant medical attention and is good only as a show dog. I'd recommend either a mutt or a dog of more mixed heritage as they suffer from less defects and you don't have to pay more for a slip of paper denoting their pure heritage.

More specifics for a breed to recommend would help, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.