[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what to do with clogged bathroom sink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: rare.jpg (72KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
72KB, 700x475px
it's gross and it takes forever for the water to drain. like hours.
>>
You have 3 choices:
1. Hire a plumber (or a friend) to clean the drain
2. Buy some Drano (or other drain cleaner)
3. Use a plunger or one of those cheap plastic "snakes" and get the crap our yourself.
>>
>>17593108
well ive tried the drano stuff before and it made it lots better but not really fixed. how do i fix it myself? where do you buy "snakes"?
>>
>>17593093
>women can do anything men can do
You sure about that, now? Just go online and diagnose your own problem and find out how to fix it. I recommend getting a two buckets and a tool set from a man in your family. Unless you want to ask for help.

>>17593108
>imblying she knows what a snake is
>>
>>17593128
forgot to mention, >>>/diy/ is probably a better place to go than /adv/
>>
>>17593093
you probably have too much hair in the pipe. I hope you don't wash your hair in the sink.

But anyways, just pop out the drain plug, make a hook from a wire hanger, and dig away and pull to see if it's hair.
>>
>>17593128
One of the many reasons to abhor feminism. "You can do shit too, just because you're a chick doesn't hold you back from becoming competent," isn't followed up with "now take it upon yourself to figure out what needs done and start taking the steps to do it" it's followed up with "your vagina means you're completely perfect and capable as fuck and gives you full license to pitch a fit anytime anyone dares to say or even imply otherwise!" Gee thanks for the worthwhile advice, assholes.

>>17593113
Pretty sure they sell those As Seen On TV thingies in drugstores but also pretty sure they're pretty crap. Better off going to a hardware store. Head to the plumbing section. Ask where they have drain snakes. It's basically a long semi-flexible rod with barbs along the length of it so that when you feed it down into your drain it'll pull all the crap out with it when you yank it back out. Yank slowly and wear gloves.

If it's still fucked after that, grab a bucket and ask youtube how to remove and clear a drain trap. Open a window or flip the vent fan on first. This will smell like literal ass. Fair warning.
>>
>>17593093
put plunger on plug hole pump like crazy. = result.
>>
>>17593093
Is it just one drain or all of your drains?
>>
it's just the one drain. sometimes the shower does it too but drano fixes that. drano is kinda pricey...

thanks for the advice guys. the weird sexist stuff was less helpful lol
>>
Go underneath the sink and loosen the U shaped pipe by hand.then loosen the water support that's supposed to be attached to the pipe that's directly attached to the sink.

After you have removed both components, either use your hands (with rubber gloves of course) to clean all of the shit out from the U-pipe and then the other pipes.

If you want to be extra thorough, go to home Depot or Lowes and buy a plumbing snake. They're basically metal claws that have a button on one end, and when you push that button, a little claw grabs whatever is in the way. You can use that to get into the pipes and remove hair and other solid gunk.

After you have done so, go ahead and reattach the components that you loosened earlier and try running the water.

Once you have done so, your water flow should be back to normal
>>
This thread is bait
>>
File: images (11).jpg (6KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
6KB, 384x384px
>>17593093
Do you have a toilet plunger at home? Pic very related. If you do please try unclogging the toilet with it first.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGndCGSEVwQ

If that doesn't work then try a plumber's snake.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_QQ7YxatBkY
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.