[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1473285862705.jpg (95KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473285862705.jpg
95KB, 1920x1080px
How can I gain life experience, I am failing on aspects of life, physical, mental, and emotional.

>200 pounds
>21
>Never been in a relationship before
>Part time shit job at a supermarket
>Recently quit a community college after I went there for 4 years for general education and got nothing
>Lazy
>Lose motivation quick
>Play video games on my free time, only go out when my friends want to which isnt alot since they have gf's
>Have no other real hobbies

How can I gain more life experience, I am doing horrible right now and I have no idea how to move forward.
>>
>>17554927
Travel?
>>
>>17554951
I work a shitty part time job there is no way I can make enough money to travel and make it meaningful
>>
>>17554927
Start by improving your body. Run. Lift. Make your body better.
>>
>>17554970
I used to actually go to the gym a while back, I went 6 days a week I was addicted to it and loved the change I made, Lost 40 pounds, but over time I dont know why but my body got weaker and slower and it hurt more so I started to go 5 days then it just got worse and worse.
>>
>>17554927

smoke weed. quit when it becomes a habit, or switch to other drugs idk. then find yourself again and maybe go travelling, start at a new education/sport. whatever gets you out of your normal environment. then restart with the drugs, but this time with new compadres.
you will gain a new aspect on either yourself or the people around you. either way, you'll use it for good, or fuck it up real bad. but you'll feel good about it. good luck mate,
>>
>>17554979
You were likely not cycling your exercises. 6 days of lifting a week is going to grind down even a bullet proof 20 year old unless you're going light or working with serious nutrition and training.
>>
>>17554990
I tried to go again recently after a 2 month break and it just tore me down, I barely was able to lift for an hour and it took me a whole day to recover, drank alot of protein also
>>
>>17555006
>>>/fit/

read the sticky and start SS. you dont have to lift 6 times a week. your body needs time to recover or your lifts will just get worse and worse
>>
>>17554951
>>17554986
Where would you guys reccomend traveling to?
>>
>>17555021
So what a simple 3 days a week or something? I did a combo of Chest and tris/ back and bis/ legs and abs
>>
>>17555028
Generally you would want to choose somewhere outside of your comfort zone. Traveling to a big city one state over isn't really going to help you expand your horizons now, is it?

Put it to you this way: have you ever left the country?
>>
>>17555040
I did but it was on a cruise with my family multiple times.
>>
>>17554927
>>17554951

You dont need as much money as you think anon.

Australia have a Working Holiday Visa you can apply for. You'll get to see this beautiful country, meet people your age along the way and pay for further travel by working on farms etc. EASYY to get a job on a farm out here. DO IT
>>
>>17555056
So I might sound like a big bitch for saying this but arent there huge spiders and bugs all over the place? I hate them so much it would ruin it for me
>>
>>17555046
You could travel to eastern/south-eastern Europe. Affordable in some countries because of lower food and transportation prices. I've had a friend or who've "discovered" themselves while passing through some cities. Hell, one of them converted religion after staying overnight at an Orthodox monastery as a guest of the monks.
>>
>>17555095
>>17555056
Like how cheap? Because I am working 20 hours a week making 9.60 an hour so my check per week is about 200ish
>>
>>17555082

yeah i fucking hate them too! been here 4 months and havent seen one yet... think they come out in summer so can't really advise much on that.

I wouldnt let a little thing like that put you off this experience though.. it's life changing!
>>
>>17555110
Why are you there?
>>
File: 1390281984646.gif (499KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1390281984646.gif
499KB, 270x270px
>>17554927
write down what you want to accomplish. make it daily accomplishments. then weekly accomplishments. practice a bit and just keep accomplishing the things you wrote, even if they are minor things. constantly refer to the list and update it as you find more things to do. delay your gratifications until after you complete your task(s).

then progress to longer term desires (think monthly or whatever time frame is good for you) and think about how you can accomplish those desires. Keep up on your weekly tasks, though. It's all about training yourself to get used to the world
>>
>>17555112

to travel the country. Seriously, if you can get 3000 USD together to keep you afloat and a obv the flight ticket on top of that.. pick a city, check yourself into a hostel and go look for work (post an ad on gumtree), work in that city for a bit then move on. Thats all I'm doing really, great experience and beats being back home to work for bills to pay in some job that isn't going anywhere
>>
>>17555143
Well I intended to go to college for something computer related next year so I cant go around too much, and by the time I save 3k itll be time for school.
>>
File: 1463722301471.png (653KB, 1013x569px) Image search: [Google]
1463722301471.png
653KB, 1013x569px
>>17555108
It varies by country, the economy, and the local currency. Some use the euro, others have their own.

For example, in Serbia, where I'm currently am at (political assignment, long story), national average wage is like 300-400 euro a month. Upside is that at lot of stuff is cheap. A baguette of fresh bread is like $0.50.

Work is harder to find around here than Australia, but it's still an interesting country to experience.
>>
>>17555133
See I am a shitty person to say this but I have no idea what daily accomplishments I can make for myself to feel good. Brush my teeth? Take a shower? those are basic things I do anyway so im not scum
>>
>>17555143
>>17555151
Would Japan be a fun place to go? Like a nice city or something?
>>
>>17555152
>I have no idea what daily accomplishments I can make for myself to feel good. Brush my teeth? Take a shower?
Maybe you can ease the burden for ma and pops and pick up the shit they're doing, even if it means they complain or something

I guarantee, if you write down things and force yourself to stick with what you write, you'll become more disciplined and more motivated. like anything else, the beginning stages of learning are tough, but once you get over the initial hump, it all becomes much easier.
>>
>>17555162
It's surprisingly navigable, but regrettably expensive, even outside of Tokyo and Kyoto.

Do a price of living comparison to get an idea:
>http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp

Lovely country though. I recall this one time I was at this restaurant at the Hotel Chinzanso in Tokyo with 3 guys from Nigeria. The place grilled meat on volcanic rock from Mt. Fuji, and it just tasted amazing.
>>
>>17555192
So I dont want to stay for a long time, just like a week maybe two if I can save up for it but that volcanic rock from mt fuji sounds really amazing
>>
>>17555214
I don't think you understand. When I say that the country is regrettably expensive, I meant it. That volcanic rock lunch cost around $50 or so.

Then again, my own standards are lopsided. I was only in the country for 10 days last time I went, but it was a 5-star vacation because a friend of the family happens to be the founder and CEO of hotelconnections.com.

So you could probably manage a far cheaper trip if you do appropriate research and budget things well. But I still think you would manage to squeeze out far more for less money if you went elsewhere.
>>
>>17555240
Yeah I understand, Japan would be nice but it does sound expensive. I will look around
>>
File: 1401304691675.gif (106KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1401304691675.gif
106KB, 512x512px
>>17555242
Again, I advise a less-developed 3rd world country where prices are lower and people go to less often. It's often more "life-changing" for people. It's also why I suggest south-east Europe: 3rd world, but still quite safe and civilized.

Hell, pass by Belgrade and I'll let you crash for the night.*

*May be subject to change due to job-related political events happening next month.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.