[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: questioning animu.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
questioning animu.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
I need help. I'm a NEET that dropped out last November. I managed to get by last semester without family knowing, but this one I said I was on gap year to force myself to get my shit together. So I need advice on a lot of things. I don't have a lot of experience so I'm sorry if I seem hopeless or retarded.

First thing's first, I have about 150 bucks to go to food each month so I need help figuring out how to budget myself and still eat healthy. The eating healthy thing is really important because I'm morbidly obese. I want to work out ideas on meals I can buy on my budget that will help me lose weight. I'm also wondering where I should start with exercising. I'm a girl if it helps at all, and I do want to build a little upper body strength while I lose weight too. Any advice on where to start or what to get at the store would be helpful.

Also, I don't really know where to start with looking for work. I haven't done anything besides uni, and this a day job once. I don't know what to put on my resume. I've been told I shouldn't be picky about where I apply and that going to places with somewhat poor employee retention are good places to start. A friend also advised me to stay away from fast food jobs. That's really all I know at this point.

TL;DR: I need help to get out of this hole I dug myself in. I want to stop being a pathetic leech and make steps toward being self-sufficient. Any constructive advice on what to do or where to look for more is appreciated.
>>
Please help me. I need to get a job. If I don't do something I feel like I'll be stuck this way forever.
>>
>>17526677
>150/month for food
That's enough when you're trying to lose weight. You'll even manage to get a gym membership. It might depend on where you live though.

Buy rice, frozen vegetables, milk and oats and build your diet around that. You have to count calories. If you're not willing to do that then you're going to fail eventually.

>1l of milk
>100g oats
>100g rice
>vegetables and maybe some meat
That's about 1500 calories in two meals. Skip breakfast and fast through the morning. Then eat lunch and later dinner. That'll probably cost you less than 2 bucks a day.

Also try
>>>/fit/
and read the sticky.

If you need further poorfag nutrition and fitness advice I can add you on steam but I don't know anything about getting a job.
>>
>>17527555
>Skip breakfast and fast through the morning
Eating breakfast kick-starts your metabolism for the day. You'll lose more weight if you eat breakfast and dinner.
>>
>>17526677
Do you play an instrument or make art? Those skills could be turned into side-income
>>
>>17527560
That is wrong.
Citations here: http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html
>>
>>17527566
I played clarinet in high school but I no longer own one, nor was I particularly good at it. I'm not even interested in work because I'm a poorfag if I'm being honest. I'm okay for now with what I have but I know that there's no escape to having to provide for myself somewhere down the line. I want to get started now before it gets too difficult to find a job without proper experience.

>>17527555
I see, skipping breakfast shouldn't be hard since I rarely eat it anyway. I'm guess I will need to buy a food scale to be more precise? Also what do I do about weight lifting if I don't have enough to afford a gym membership? And is there a recommended time to go running where I'll be least likely to run into other people? I don't know how weird this is, but I don't want people to see me working out and struggling. People give me looks and it's really discouraging.
>>
>>17527608

>People give me looks and it's really discouraging.

Now is the time to get over your fear of what other people think friend. If you go through with what it sounds like you are hoping to you are basically about to become an independent adult, and if you can get over that childish phobia of being judged by other people you'll be leagues ahead of other people around you.
>>
>>17527608
I only mentioned skipping breakfast because when you limit yourself to 2 meals a day then you'll have to skip one anyway and intermittent fasting does have a lot of (also psychological) benefits. But strictly speaking you don't *need* to fast at all. If you want to eat 10 meals a day with 150kcal each then that's alright too.
However the amount of fat you lose is determined by the amount of what you eat. It's energy in, energy out. So yes you'll need to count calories and a food scale really helps with that, because you're bound to make mistakes when you're simply estimating, especially as a beginner. And eating 200kcal more every day makes all the difference.

Exercise isn't necessary to lose weight, however you can always just go on walks or a light runs in the early morning. If you want to lift weights you'll need the gym membership, since bodyweight training isn't really an option at your weight.
>I don't want people to see me working out and struggling.
I'm aspie myself so that's understandable. Early morning or late night are you best times.
>>
>>17526677
If you're morbidly obese you don't need wood, you can survive on just water.
>>
>>17527664
Food
>>
>>17526677
I spend around 120€/month for food. I could probably spend less, but heh, I like eating.
I have some level of metabolic problems so I need to eat pretty often. This is what works for me.

>General rules
Plan your meals ahead. Buy just what you need. Don't have food you don't need for cooking.
Do all your food at home, from scratch.
Pay attention to portions and count calories. There are apps for that.
Build your diet around pasta, rice, beans, chicken, eggs, vegetable, fruits.
Eat fruit and vegetables in the right season, when they are cheaper.
Eat salad. Eat it before your main course so you fill yourself with it.
Use spices and herbs.

>Drinks
Just water, coffee and tea. No sugar in coffee and tea.
No soda. No juices. No alcohol. That shit costs a lot and is hyper caloric.

>Breakfast
I eat fruit and a slice or two of sweet bread.
I make this sort of sweet bread at home, it takes 45 minutes and I make it once every 5 days.
I usually have two glasses of water and a cup of coffee.

>Lunch/Dinner
I usually eat pasta twice a week. Around 70 grams. You can have it with veggies, or tomato sauce.
I eat meat every other day. Almost always chicken. It is very versatile - you can try anything from cooking it in the oven with roasted potatoes to some asian fancy recipe.
I also really like avocado. It is pretty nutrient and with an avocado I can go for two meals. I either eat an avocado toast with eggs and cream cheese, or put it in my salad with cheese and lemon vinaigrette.
I really like beans. You can either eat them in a salad with some onions or make "meatballs" with them. Or soups.

>Snacks
I snack a lot.I usually prepare a smoothie and drink it through the day.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.