[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I join the Navy? (answers from soldiers/veterans please)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: america-question-mark.jpg (22KB, 297x401px) Image search: [Google]
america-question-mark.jpg
22KB, 297x401px
I want to join the navy because I believe I have what it takes.. I’m very motivated to get my life together, to have order. I want to re-experience what NJROTC was like, even though I may have been slumping on the class for a little bit (not ironing uniform all the way through, forgetting general orders, not getting to squad leader rank, etc.(the bootcamp field trip was hell/fucking great)). I’ve been in special ed all through my school career, which has not been disclosed with ANY of my friends, or school peers out of shame (fire drills were the worst). In Junior year of highschool, I thought working in the Aeronautics Industry was a good idea for me, since it's popular where I'm from, and my brother is getting payed good. But then I decided to pursue my passion and becoming an Audio Engineer, after taking a Dale Carnegie bootcamp-typeofdeal. I took up an audio engineering online course as a credit in place of a senior waiver, and it was interesting I guess. Ever since graduating in June, these most recent months have been thought-provoking.
I've been contemplating what I want to do in life. What do I want to do in order for me to be happy in life? Is this REALLY what I want? Audio Engineering is what stems from music production, which is something I know I'm not good at. I don’t want to live my life knowing that my career has been built off of insecurities. And following my brothers path by going into Aeronautics is also something I've considered as good, but then I only wanted to be in the industry for the money, and I couldn't give 2 shits about planes, (my brother has a passion for them). I want to be my own man. I want to delve into my personality and what makes me unique. I want to see the universe through my pure self; and I think the Navy will help me with that.
>>
I’m 18, I’m fat (225lbs>), depressed, isolated, and I have ADD (hence special ed). I’m tired of having constant negative thoughts, I want order in my life. Hell, I don’t even have a car, license, job, or a viable plan for college. I've been on ADD medication in the 6th-7th grade, and that's it. The only other medication is Acne medication Doxycycline (which doesn't affect my mental state).
>>
>>17447917
No. If you're depressed now, the Navy isn't a magical drug that cures all your problems.
>>
>>17447938
I have enough willpower to do so though. I'm used to the feeling of sucking. I would be doing so for my own personal growth and I may be happy later on.
>>
This guy knows what he's talking about https://www.reddit.com/r/newtothenavy/comments/25a9id/should_i_join_the_navy_or_any_armed_forces_if/chfl8er
>>
>>17447984
I'm op btw. Should've put a tag
>>
Idk
>>
>>17447917
If you head over to >>>/k/ there's tons of vets from all branches there, plus there's usually a /meg/ - military enlistment general thread up too.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.