[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is masculinity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: The_Future.jpg (155KB, 1600x804px) Image search: [Google]
The_Future.jpg
155KB, 1600x804px
I feel as if I don't really understand masculinity. I am a male but I don't do things that people would find stereo-typically masculine.

For example, I don't like watching sports. I don't like chasing after women. I don't feel some insatiable need to fuck every decent woman I come across. I don't really feel aggression.

What really makes me think is the not chasing women part. I hate chasing after women. I hate sticking my neck out just to be cut down time and time again. I don't understand how anyone could enjoy "chasing" women. I would much rather be pursued by a woman because pursuers innately have so much more control and power. Chasing is a suicide mission to me.

Also, I don't know too many "manly" crafts or whatever. Never lived in a place with a garage so naturally I couldn't do projects or learn working with tools.

Overall, I am not effeminate but I just don't know the ins and outs of masculinity. I honestly, just feel like a man trying to survive. Anyway I can.
>>
>>17369387

does it matter?

masculinity changes from place to place, culture to culture, time to time. 50 years ago it was manly to do sports. in the 90s it was considered not manly to play video games. now its considered manly to play video games. not as manly as sports, but most men used to want to have a son to play catch with one day. now they want a son to play super smash bros with.

ultimately, what many would argue is the most masculine thing is to just do what you want and not give a fuck. what most cultures boil being 'a man' down to is being succesful at what you choose to do, and saying 'fuck you' to anyone who tries to control you. being manly is being in control of your life.

so if you are doing that, even by saying 'fuck ur stereotypes' does it matter?

plentyo f uber masculine looking men on the street dont watch or play sports. they just have a traditionally masculine look.

whereas my skinny teenaged looking thirty year old friend is obsessed with the super bowl.
>>
>>17369387
>>17369416

Lol beta fags

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>17369416
>most men used to want to have a son to play catch with one day. now they want a son to play super smash bros with.

Am I on Reddit?
>>
>>17369428

yes.
>>
Honestly, I just wonder this because I feel like I have to pretend. I don't know what women want but it seems like I do not have it. People give me contradicting advice as well. People say "Go talk to any woman anywhere" then others say "You can only talk to women at certain times and places i.e not in the morning train and not at night on the ride back.

Its also hard to "pursue" women. I can't even find women my own age hardly and some women look younger than they are and some look older than they are. I don't ever want to walk up to a girl and find out she is actually a teenager. BLECH!
>>
>>17369387
I got ya.

Look up the Art of Manliness. Literally made for guys like you and me.

IMO, acomplishments and struggles make a man. Get a job, thats a struggle. Take up a hobby/skill, that's a struggle to master. Etc.

The more you struggle(work) and accomplish, the more "manly" you will feel.

Plus, the more you acomplish, women will generally like you more because you're working towards a goal.
>>
File: BUorRrnCMAALkit.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BUorRrnCMAALkit.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>17370187
man, just what is manliness?

>accomplishments and struggles
>good skills that are hard to master
>honor

shit, I'm a girl and I want all that. Does that mean I'm a man? I don't want to start shit, but all these particular things that seem to define manliness just seem like things someone who wants to be honorable and/or get somewhere in life would want.

It's like there's this awesome club with intereting things I want to get involved in and I'm not supposed to because my name is Homer.
>>
Go into the forest, don't leave until you build a house with nothing more than an ax
>>
>>17370525
The club is call the patriarchy and your not allowed in. Fuck off we're full
>>
>>17369387
No thrill of the hunt, no eye of the tiger?

Embrace your beta nature.
>>
>>17370525
I'm sorry you don't like our list of traits and that having or wanting some of these traits is triggering. May I suggest reddit or 7cupsoftea.

Manly traits (according to me)
-Sacrifice (giving up things to experience hard mode in life)

-Courage (facing things most would run from, doesn't have to be staring down a tiger but, pushing forward when you'd rather retreat)

Having standards.
>>
Go get your hormone levels checked. I'm not trying to be an asshole or imply anything - just get your GP to give you a referral to get some bloodwork done.

What you're describing isn't exactly abnormal - but if all men behaved as you did, we would have died out millennia ago.
>>
>>17369387
i think you want to be masculine but you dont have the time or energy for it. otherwise you wouldnt be complaining about it. if you didnt want to be, you would accept being bi or gay.
>>
>>17369387

To me, what being man is about isn't meme shit like, this guy is more man cause he has a bigger beard or his job is this or he drinks that. What being a man is about is standing up for what you believe in and for the people you love, being dependable rather than dependent, being responsible. Always keeping your word but most of all allowing your actions to speak for themselves. Shoot straight and don't fuck people around.

Having said that, man up. You are a man, embrace it. lift weights, drink whiskey and do some DIY or work on cars or something.
>>
>>17370525

Yes.

There are plenty of women out there who out man a lot of men, single mothers are a prime example
>>
>>17369387
In order to survive, I think, from my position, that you must understand the nature of supply and demand and that women are in supply and men are in demand.
>>
>>17370548
>>17370650
>>17371755
What's with the shit replies? Did my post come off as rad fem?
>>
>>17369387
A gentleman is a gentle man.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.