[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with a shitty past?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (101KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
101KB, 600x300px
I was an anxious little shit in high school and got hit pretty hard with depression. That somehow still bothers me to this day even though I know I can't go back and "fix things", an irrational side of me keeps wishing that.

Do any of you have feelings lingering from the past that affect you to this day and make you doubt yourself.
>>
>How do you deal with a shitty past?

You look towards a bright future
>>
>>17121638
Some author wrote "We all spend our lives planning revenge on the high school bully"

The point is that it's common, it's normal and, while it's a waste of time, it's not something to beat yourself up over.

Someone else wrote "Living well is the best revenge"
>>
>>17122150
It's really not.
>>
>>17121638
anyone that says they don't wish they could go back and fix some stuff is full of shit, we all wish we could but that's part of the process and it's how we learn

who you were then has nothing to do with who you are now
>>
>>17122166
Who i am now is a shitty person
>>
>>17122174
so fix it dammit. i'm assuming you're an early to mid 20 something that's already wishing you could go back to high school to change yourself but thats never going to happen. your goal right now is to not be a 30 or 40 something looking back and going shit... now i regret high school and my 20's
>>
>>17122186
Im not OP

Im a shitty person and it wont change normie
>>
>>17122150

Success is indeed the best form of revenge. I was part of a tight knit group in elementary and middle school and some of them turned on me out of nowhere. It sucked. I never found out what the problem was.

I saw a psychologist and struggle for years. I overcame it, and now I'm a college grad while that guy is in and out of prison and no longer talking to his family.
>>
>>17121638
>Do any of you have feelings lingering from the past that affect you to this day and make you doubt yourself.
Of course, almost all of us do (others are sociopaths, but they suffer in other ways).
This is usually called "regret" and it's a universal part of the human experience.
>>
>>17122208
Cancer.
Why are you on a board that's semi related to self improvement if you don't even believe you can change? People like you are leaches. You don't deserve success because you haven't earned it faggot.

Go back to your containment board >>>/r9k/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.