[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat with separation anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image(1).jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image(1).jpg
41KB, 600x600px
My cat has become extremely clingy over the last few months. It's bothersome, seems unhealthy and I want to know how tho change it.

She's begun to meow loudly from my bedroom whenever I leave for a few minutes or get home from work, and she will continue nonstop if I don't enter the room. Every time I go to bed she'll try to snuggle next to my chest, which normally would be fine, but she'll start purring incessantly--as hard as she can--for minutes at a time, to a degree inhibits me from sleeping.

When I'm in the room our I let her out she's almost constantly following me, constantly seeking affection with a degree of desperation, and no amount of affection seems to be enough anymore.

For reference, this cat used to simply lounge around on her own and seek attention maybe once every other day.

I recently had to euthanize my other cat (due to age and an unexplained disease), and I think these patterns have worsened since then. Any advice?
>>
Any info about situations like this or anyone who's had a similar situation and can shed some light on it would be helpful.
>>
>>>/an/
>>
How about you don`t imprison the cat in one single room that you onoly use to sleep?.
Idiot.
>>
>>17108443
She needs a buddy especially if you are gone often. Also, she was probably close or use to your other cat being around that you had euthanized. If you can afford to then get another cat/kitten for her to hang out with.

>more tips below:

Make at least 45 minutes of time for her a day where she can have your full attention.

Open a window if you have a screen so she can look outside. Also, you could start walking her on a leash with a harness made for cats.

Get her some interesting toys with cat nip, and a calming collar to relieve stress.

She just sounds bored op, and you happen to be the only interesting aspect of her day. So if you solve the boredom and stress of her loosing the other cat then your issue with her will probably resolve itself with time.
>>
>>17108443
Adopt another cat the pet is missing its cat pal but be sure they get along
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.