[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ I'm overweight, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: smear.jpg (27KB, 510x384px) Image search: [Google]
smear.jpg
27KB, 510x384px
hey /adv/ I'm overweight, what do?
>>
>>17068364
>>>/fit/
>>
>>17068364
Recognize that you are overweight. Want to not be overweight. Read Eat to Live and realize that you have a shitty diet. Change your life.
>>
>>17068364
Eat less, exercise more, don't drink soda, don't eat chips.
>>
File: received_10152649185116695.jpg (56KB, 483x461px) Image search: [Google]
received_10152649185116695.jpg
56KB, 483x461px
Eat less.
>>
>>17068364
Eat whatever the fuck you want, and walk 30 min a day. In a week check your weight if lose some keep at it. If not Eat a little less the next week. Repeat until you lose at least some weight.
>>
OP, you fucked up by asking a question with a lot of simple, short-term unsustainable answers. The diet industry (and related laparoscopic procedure industry) is billions and billions of dollars.

You can take pills, cut off limbs, staple stomachs, and starve yourself. But nothing's going to be sustainable until you educate yourself about nutrition, get your head in the game, and create an environment where you're set up for success.

It's not always about eating less. All calories are not created equally. Replace all your processed food and beverages with green vegetables and I bet you will lose weight.
>>
>>17068364
TLDR: Eat less, move more.
Force yourself to eat about 1000-1400 calories a day. Drink black coffee and water for the rest of the day. Working out helps, but keep in mind 60 minutes of working out only burns about 400 calories at best. You'll hate every part of your life for every day you follow this diet, but it's better than hating yourself for being a fat fuck.
>>
>>17069505
That's a toughie

>Hate diet and general life in exchange for potential ottermode, bitches, and even money from certain careers
Or
>Just hate reminders of fatness, but continue to eat delicious pizza anyway
I don't know, this is honestly a hard decision.
>>
>>17068364
Smoke meth.
I lost 4 kilos in two weeks without trying.
>>
>>17068364

Eat less bad food, more good food, but less overall food. Stop drinking sweetened drinks. Don't snack. Do low-impact workouts like biking.
>>
>>17069452
This is bad advice.
>>
>>17069499
Nice bait.

To lose weight you need to eat fewer calories than you spend. It's always about eating less.
>>
Put out more energy you put in.

Literally all you have to do.
>>
>>17069505
>>17069571
This shit right here is why I just gave up on it all.
I've always been fat so I don't even know what I'm missing by being completely unattractive to women because that's the way it's always been
>>
Don't snack? I think you meant to say avoid snack foods.

Three small meals a day and a few snacks in between of good, healthy food is a good start. Exercise more.

As snacks try those veggie straws. Eat as much as you want, it has a small impact
>>
>>17070525
Veggie straws have the same calories as potato chips.
>>
>>17070134
Not him, but the 'eating less' answer only applies if you actually eat too much. And we cannot be the judge of that. Plenty of overweight people need not eat less - just differently. Grab a carrot, bell pepper or whatever instead, or eat a healthy salad. Works for me. But the spending calories thing is true - you need to spend more energy than your intake is.

OP, avoid sugar, except that in fruit. But try to limit the fruit you eat, as well as your carbs. When you eat something with carbs, make sure it's wholegrain. Plan your meals, have semi-specific moments of the day where you eat. Don't eat 2-3 hours before going to bed. Exercise. When eating cow products, go for grass-fed, it makes a big difference. Switch out all you drink for water, though tea and coffee won't necessarily hurt when in moderate amounts (the caffeine does not help.) Learn about nutrition. Once you learn to eat healthy food and know how to set up a proper diet, precisely counting calories won't be necessary (and is a flawed concept to begin with.)

Seriously, just go research on what you eat and drink and genuinely start caring about getting fit. There is no magical way to lose weight. Everyone has a different lifestyle, different body and different needs.
>>
>>17070567
This isn't true. If you are overweight, you are consuming more calories than you are burning over the course of a day. Not one shred of credible evidence exists to dispute that. You believe in science, don't you, anon?
>>
>>17070621
Have you actually read what I wrote? Eating low-calorie food instead of unhealthy, calorie packed snacks, while not eating less, will actually reduce your energy intake, that is my whole point here. That IS science.
>>
>>17070628
Yes, I read it. It doesn't matter how many calories are in individual foods. Calories in < calories out. I don't know why you disregard science, but it's as simple as that. If your tdee is 2500 and you eat 2000 calories, you should expect to lose weight at about a pound a week. It makes no difference whatsoever where you get those calories, you will lose weight. Bonus points if you track your macros.
>>
>>17070673
Jesus fucking Christ, that is exactly what I am saying dude.

>But the spending calories thing is true - you need to spend more energy than your intake is.
>>
>>17070678
So why are you confusing the issue and posting all that other bullshit that literally doesn't matter? Trying to sound smart? This isn't reddit, just be yourself.
>>
>>17070692
Those are just general tips to make it easier for OP to reduce his calorie intake. They cover a lot of mistakes that people make who diet. You do realize that a calorie isn't JUST a calorie, right?
>>
>>17070704
When it comes to losing weight, there is only one way to be successful: use a calorie counter and don't lie to it, keep your calorie count below the amount of calories you spend in a day. Period. When it comes to the human body storing energy in fat cells, "a calorie isn't just a calorie" is nothing but nonsense.
>>
>>17070767
https://authoritynutrition.com/6-reasons-why-a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie/
>>
>>17070781
>thermogenesis
Wew, lad. You're almost at HAES, why not get a Tumblr?
>>
>>17070788
Hot meme. Got me real good with that argument.
>>
>>17070795
In other words, that shit's not science, it's "science" or science-like content designed to get around the fact that no credible evidence supports anything but CICO for weight loss. Go into medline and check. I'll wait.
>>
>>17070805
Where's your actual evidence?
>>
>>17070845
Actually, fuck that, booking it. Late for gym. Bye.
>>
>>17070851
So no evidence then
>>
>>17070851
Sounds like you went to pubmed and all you could see was Tess Holiday level bullshit and no actual studies to confirm any of what you think you know.

The diet industry wants you to believe things are as complicated as you think they are. I don't blame you for being ignorant of the facts, there's a trillion dollar industry that exists because you don't. I'm telling you it's CICO. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>17070468
That's sad to hear.
>>
find a significant other with a fat fetish
>>
>>17070894
Best suggestion I've had so far
>>
>>17068364
Go to /fit/, read the fucking sticky and then do what the sticky says.
>>
>>17068364
Start walking. Start with a mile a day, work your way up to five.
>>
Its possible. Cage anyone 3 meals a Day. Force a bit of regime .. Wala
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.