[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there no freedom of speech and expression in college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

File: zoidbergtrauma.png (265KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
zoidbergtrauma.png
265KB, 650x650px
Why is there no freedom of speech and expression in college?

>speech class
>presentation day
>everyone has to get up front and do a speech on our chosen subject
>my turn
>take deep breath
>try to concentrate, as to not stutter, talk too fast, and too quietly
>herewego.jpg
>do speech on why rape should be legal
>go into detail of biased sexual market
>iterate that because of shitty standards by women, a lot of good men will be unable to reproduce, letting their genetic lie die in place
>point out that women often choose men who are mere threats to genetic population, and only letting the worst people continue on and fucking over society
>end speech saying that legalizing rape will give the human race a better chance, and letting the right being able to carry on after their deaths, and secure a better future for our children and future descendants
>whew, finally done with speech
>pic related, everyone's face when
>"th-that's nice, anon. thank you." said professor
>feminists and chads giving me the stink eye
>the second class ends, everyone bolts out faster than usual
>get email from dean, asking for "a chat"
>placed on academic probation for speech
>saying it's "creating a hostile environment"
>also says my student status will have to be reviewed by end of semester
>might get expelled by the end of the year

Seriously. I thought college was a place where you can express free and intellectual opinions. What happened?
>>
Because being a student at a college means you are part of their image, they want to make their image look good. They view you as a genetic threat to their population. You should have made your rape speech with a little more liberal logic to throw them off, like explain how minorities are more likely to rape and that they haven't quite conformed to society yet, women should be more understanding and not racist.
>>
Jesus. No common sense with you. You have free speech, you just chose to use it on things that will alienate you. That's an idiotic topic to do a speech on. If it were a debate, that'd be a bit better, but showing you believe rape is okay just made all the guys wanna beat your ass and the girls want to stay away from you because they fear you'll rape them.

That being said, I hope this is bait.
>>
>>16767897
>paying money and going into debt to be brainwashed at a government run progressive liberal indoctrination center.
Best goy!
>>
You're too stupid for college. Have you considered a career as a Republican front runner op?
>>
File: hindsight1.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hindsight1.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>16767897
Maybe you should have chose a less overwhelmingly hated view on that topic. Did you really expect that to go over well?
>>
File: ODkAwG5.jpg (159KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
ODkAwG5.jpg
159KB, 700x609px
>>16767897

>iterate that because of shitty standards by women, a lot of good men will be unable to reproduce, letting their genetic lie die in place.

2/10 shitty bait, didn't even triggered me, back to >>/rk9/
>>
File: 1404162501609.png (44KB, 139x113px) Image search: [Google]
1404162501609.png
44KB, 139x113px
>>16767897
i hope this is a bait, but i will reply anyway.

of course there is freedom of speech, but only, according to most applied laws, as long as you do not hurt anybodies rights.
you suggest, that it should be legal and also approved by the majority of all human beigs, to do one of the most humiliating and hurtful things you could ever do to a human, which is rape.
of course it should not be forbidden to express those thoughts as an idea, but what you did was, according to your description of the situation, an attempt to convince them of your opinion.
try a more empathic and more thoughtful speech the next time you get the chance to.
>>
>>16767897
obviously bate, but if not, you need to reexamine your beliefs. I think its fairly clear that your position on rape stems from bitterness towards women and your justifications about their shitty standards are nothing more then actual justifications.
>>
>>16767958
How exactly is what he said republican? Rape is up all over Europe because of letting refugees in.
>>
>>16768002
>How exactly is what he said republican?
Because he's so fucking stupid and backwards. i.e.: Republican.
>>
>>16767897

>give speech about legalizing a universally renowned atrocity at an institution where rape is prominent

Pretty sure Elliot Rodger did the exact same thing.

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>16768002

Republicans have been known to downplay rape. Ex: Ron Paul, Rick Santorum
>>
>>16767897
Do you even realise you just a admitted to every girl in the class that you would rape them if you could get away with it?
And you don't see anything wrong with that?
>>
>>16768002
Trust me refugees didn't invent rape and don't own the concept of rape.
>>
/pol never changes.
>>
>>16768030
>Do you even realise you just a admitted to every girl in the class that you would rape them if you could get away with it?
Not surprising the least bit for a college campus. Last study I read found that roughly a third of college admitted that they'd rape a girl if there were no consequences to it.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1540-4560.1981.tb01075.x/abstract
>>
>>16768040
No consequences for themselves, or for anyone involved?
>>
>>16768044
Mostly the former.
>>
>>16768040

I never realized there were that many degrnerates.
I don't see the fun in fucking a girl with a dry vagina who keeps struggling and crying while I try to climax.
Sounds like it would be better if I asked for consent.
>>
>>16768049
>I don't see the fun in fucking a girl with a dry vagina
1). Vaginas are wet 24/7, just in different amounts.
2). Even then, it would still lubricate itself during penetration (consensual or not) to reduce tearing and damage.
>>
>>16768040
All that does is play into the feminists hands that men can't be trusted around women.
>>
>>16768049
>who keeps struggling and crying while I try to climax
don't know about you. but that's pretty hot imo.
>>
I better argument would be to say that women should be artificially insiminated, at their own will of course. A lot of sperm banks only accept college graduates in decent shape as donors.

I think your deal is you want to have sex with someone who doesn't want to have sex with you.
>>
>>16768064

Sounds like you're into rape then.
>>
>>16768048
See I would totally rape someone if I weren't to get in trouble, plus the woman wouldn't have any memories or physical injuries from it. Plus obviously she couldn't be prego after. If no one got hurt at all from it, I would do it.
>>
File: anzu.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
anzu.gif
2MB, 500x500px
OP, that's a silly story you've told, but in reality you should not expect freedom of speech on a college campus. In fact, the Supreme Court has on numerous occasions limited the expression of speech in the context of universities and schools, especially for public colleges.

If you look in any university's student code of conduct you will find limitations on speech, including "offensive speech". Now it's extremely rare for a university to exercise this power on its own student body, because it gives them a bad name to the public and usually sparks student protests and things of that nature, but if you decide to say things that are universally reviled then you don't really have the same safety net.

All that said, the incursion of tumblr-tier "safe spaces" has increased dramatically in the last 5 years, in large part due to the fact that at many campuses women outnumber men by a margin of 2:1 or higher. Oftentimes university staff are quite liberal and tolerant, even for things they personally hate, but increasingly today they are being cowed into submission by so-called "progressives" who demand excessively strict controls on speech. Unfortunately this is not limited only to the public sector, but also to the highest institutions of learning on the planet, as we have seen Harvard, Yale, and Stanford face student-led movements to impose their wretched politics on both staff and student alike.
>>
>>16767897
>Huh OP might have a legitimate argument
>"do speech on why rape should be legal"
>so many specific details that OP might've actually done this
What could compel a person to do this?
>>
Even if rape was legal you would still be at the bottom of the pecking order.

do you honestly think Chad(s) are going to let you near their prise women?

You best hope would be to be the last guy in a gang rape, where you don't feel much of the vagina just your fellow rapists seed.
>>
>>16767977
>of course there is freedom of speech, but only, according to most applied laws,

Political speech is protected in the classroom, and "rape should be legal" is political speech. Anon should contact the ACLU if his story is true.
>>
>>16768049
Women usually are extremely wet during rape, and often orgasm powerfully. That's why shame is such an issue.
>>
>>16768074
>In fact, the Supreme Court has on numerous occasions limited the expression of speech in the context of universities and schools
Bullshit. The supreme court has limited vulgarity, not political speech.
>>
>"Women don't choose me to have sex with, and they ~totally~ all just like jerks, so rape should be legal

This is some special kind of shortsighted bullshit.

>a society full of women with PTSD is not going to help
>there is a reason that consent is taken as fucking sacred and is not a thing to be broken
>>
>>16768157
You are ill informed and/or insane.
>>
>>16768040
>journal of social issues

Data discarded. A SJW survey question that asks "would you have sex with your girlfriend if you were both drinking" results in positive for rape tendencies.

If you look at the paper's abstract, they run innocuous responses through a bunch of bullshit filters and then conclude the guy is a rapist because of "similarity to the responses of convicted rapists".
>>
>>16768190
>reality conflicts with my fragile worldview therefore reality is wrong: the post

"I've assisted more young women than I can count with this very issue…There have been very few studies on orgasm during rape, but the research so far shows numbers from 10% to over 50% having this experience.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/science-arousal-during-rape"
>>
>>16767897
You said it yourself: "intellectual opinions". Social darwinism has never been intellectual
>>
>>16768203
>>16768190

BTFO
>>
>>16767897
Watch carefully as the experienced hunter lays his bait upon his prefered prey. Wether it is good bait remains to be seen.
>>
>>16767912
Wow, this. You completely forgot to throw in how unfortunate some refugees have it. When they come from a country where an uncovered woman means "fair game", you can't expect them to completely convert to everything we do.
>>
>>16768222
I really wish the OP had done this and taken a video. It sounds goddamn hilarious.

I've done similarly retarded shit, but it was meant to be taken as satire. Instead I got sent to the principal's office for supposedly wanting to kill all of my school's black, gay Mormons.

>I'm not sure if it was my nonverbal learning disorder, the fact that I am a fucking idiot, or both
>>
That night back at home.

>what did you do at school today son?
>expressed my view that it should be legal to rape women mother.
>what all women son?
>yes mother all women, even you. If a black man came through that door right now and tried to rape you, I would allow it.
>>
File: mysides.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mysides.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>16767897
>>go into detail of biased sexual market
No shit, guys like you are so desperate to get laid you have NO standards
>>iterate that because of shitty standards by women, a lot of good men will be unable to reproduce, letting their genetic lie die in place
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so because women don't want to fuck you, you justify how fucking ugly and pathetic you are because "hurrrr women have shitty standards!!1!" If anything they have realistic standards, you and other manlets are just salty you fall below the bar
>>point out that women often choose men who are mere threats to genetic population, and only letting the worst people continue on and fucking over society
Lol because autist rapists like yourself would be such an improvement to the genetic population and society? You fucking potato, I'm crying with laughter over here
>>
>>16767897
Would you want someone with blatant autism in your university?
>>
>>16767897
The first amendment is great and all, but obvious-fucking-ly not absolute.

Good shit op.
>>
>>16768014
oh how naive (underage) you are.
>I don't agree with someone
>They are stupid and backwards
Trump is not representative of the entire political party if you're curious, but I doubt you are. The Daily Show and Steven Colbert tell you all the politics your little brain can handle.
>>
>>16768023
Kill yourself :^)

also source pls
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 235x214px
>>16767897
Probably bait but I can't resist

How fucking stupid do you actually have to be to try and justify rape?
Just because you can't get any doesn't mean actually good guys aren't.
If anything you're the prime example why most places don't have have it. BAKA anon, just BAKA
>>
File: 1443833108938.gif (137KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1443833108938.gif
137KB, 340x340px
>>16768460
Found the assmad republican.
>>
>>16767897

If you have to ask why it's not OK for you to announce to your class, in which there are certainly actual victims of rape, that rape should be legal then you won't understand any of our possible answers to your question. The university has their own freedom to censure worthless students like yourself. You're a garbage human, please hurry off this mortal coil, thanks.
>>
I bet €5 op skin is brown.
>>
>>16768504
Friendly reminder that Niscuck can't compete ;^)
>>
File: mcd2.jpg (39KB, 589x441px) Image search: [Google]
mcd2.jpg
39KB, 589x441px
>>16767897
> Why is there no freedom of speech and expression in college?
> Proceeds to give hate speech

Hate speech is not intellectual. If you had backed your argument with cited research, or anything besides "hurr durr muh genes", you might have had a chance.

You trolled the class. If your speech hits the college newspaper, you'll pretty much guarantee that you won't get laid in the easiest time in your life to do so.

Enjoy your future career. Pic related. I hope it was worth it.
>>
>>16768932
>I hope it was worth it.
You used the worst judgment ever. Unless you weren't experimenting, in which case, you are the worst human ever.

You know you're probably getting thrown out of college, right? Idiotic move.
>>
>>16768789
Fucking baby. The world is an offensive place and college is supposed to challenge your ideas and thinking, not provide a little safety bubble for your feelings.

>you just don't understand so do what i tell you unquestioningly
>fucking white cis males
>>
File: the more you know.gif (39KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.gif
39KB, 400x264px
freedom of speech is not synonymous with freedom from consequences

I kekked though
>>
>>16768070
kill yourself
>>
You people are idiots. If you think it's fucking bait, then sage the thread.

>Type "sage" in the Options text field.
>Submit your post
>Your post doesn't bump the thread
>>
>>16769342
Not on my watch!
>>
>>16767897
you were free to say it, you're also free to live with the consequences of saying it
>>
>Why is there no freedom of speech and expression in college?

Post-secondary schools get all the perks of being a government entity, with none of the obligations. They are usually run by a hidden circle of bureaucrats who haven't met one of the students in decades, but decide every little detail of how their lives are going to run both during their school years and after them.

Protip: you can become somebody who makes and fixes things instead. A university degree is only worth as much as society's respect for it. Trades are worth what they produce.
>>
>>16769458
"Free to say it but not free from consequences" doesn't apply when the reaction comes from the people in charge. That's called not being free to say it.
>>
>>16769472
and no one's forcing OP to go to their school
>>
>>16769477
So? I'm not agreeing with the content of OP's statement, but I still feel school officials have far too much power for their roles. They're run like a private corporation but funded like welfare.
>>
>>16769482
how about you find an actual example to get mad at rather than OP's made up one
>>
>>16767897

OP you might as well ask "why cant I scream fire in a crowded theater where is MUH FREEDOM"
>>
>>16767964
I thought this was r9k for a sec there, thanks for snapping me put of it senpai
>>
File: 1425855235283.jpg (1MB, 2048x1901px) Image search: [Google]
1425855235283.jpg
1MB, 2048x1901px
>>16768865
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.