[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what were your thoughts? It's basically Japanese American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

So what were your thoughts?

It's basically Japanese American X-Men/Inhumans

But cool chuuni mech man is great blaring his theme song where ever he goes
>>
I found it borderline unbearable. Designs were ok, story had some potential, but the action was flat and the pacing was the worst I have ever witnessed. On top of all that even if everything else was fine I'd still need to get used to the art style, which to some might be "stylized" but I would be inclined to just say "shitty". This wasn't a pilot episode, was it?
>>
>>160377822
Sounds just like the X-Men
>>
Holy shit this was unbearably bad. It looked fucking awful and awkward through out. If they want to do comic book type in Japan they need someone like Koike or Imaishi on board because this just looked like garbage.

I don't know why people rate Nagahama as a Director at all the only notable work he has ever done is Mushishi and even that wasn't that great.
>>
>>160378176
>Isekai shit
>>
>>160377822
I don't know if pacing was the right way to say it but I know what you mean. The director seems to have inappropriately thought it was a great idea to have these pointlessly long shots that achieve nothing at all. Like the scene at the beginning with the lanterns on the water or the scene with the woman walking back to her apartment. They just linger on awkwardly with fuck all happening and it doesn't have any effect except making the viewer think why the fuck is this going on so long.

The director worked on Aku no Hana where I can see these kind of lingering shots would have an effect of creating and weird and eerie atmosphere and Mushishi where these kinds of long shots would let you soak in the atmospheric surroundings. They have tangible purpose there. But in a Superhero action show? What the fuck is the point? Just boring and it gives you even longer to appreciate just how fucking ugly their attempt at a comic book sytlization is.
>>
>japan has been infected by capeshit
The end times are upon us
>>
>>160378737
Capeshit movies have been big in Japan as long as they have been big in the US and they have been animating superhero anime for far longer.
>>
I didn't get past the 9 minute mark. Nothing captured me, and the art style was just way to different.
>>
>>160378786
I don't think calling it different is being fair. It was outright awful. You can do that kind of comic inspired style and actually make it look good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ej7ZlS2oQ
>>
>>160378778
>>>/co/
>>
>>160378872
Did you link the wrong post? I am merely pointing out facts. This isn't anything new and you make yourself look new to anime and ignorant of Japan if you think it is.
>>
>>160378914
Wtf has capeshit got to do with anime? We are talking about western capeshit its not japanese or anime and manga.
>>
>>160379007
You seem unable to follow a conversation. I am stating the capeshit being popular in Japan (western capeshit) is nothing new things like the Avengers, Spiderman and so on all perform well at the Japanese box office.

Likewise anime studios producing shows based off of western capeshit is nothing new that was going on prior to capeshit even being popular in the west.
>>
>>160379155
You seem to be a moron. These things are not japanese or anime. Retard.
>>
>>160379155
>japanese were copying capeshit before capeshit was even popular in the west
Is this peak weeboo retardation? You are basically saying japan invented western capeshit. Capeshit has always been "popular" in the west.
>>
>>160379357
That isn't the conversation we are having.
>japan has been infected by capeshit
This is just wrong. If Japan was infected by capeshit that happened long ago. This show is no different than previous anime adaptations of Marvel stuff. It's Japanese creators animating an american comic book guys vision in this case Stan Lee and his Pow! Entertainment company.

>>160379447
Who are you quoting? I haven't said anything like that. I was stating that there were Japanese anime studios making adaptations of capeshit before the movie boom happened in the west.
>>
>>160379514
This is the conversation we are having you just can't read and follow a conversation because you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>160378737
What is sentai?
>>
>>160380060
Not capeshit
>>
>>160380060
>>>/jp/
>>
>>160379995
You haven't made any response to my post. This is no different than previous capeshit made by Japanese studios. Hence to say this represents Japan being "infected" with capeshit is just wrong it's nothing new at all. I couldn't give a fuck if you think it's anime or Japanese or not and have no intention of arguing about that at all. This isn't novel. It's Japan animating a westerners ideas just like has happened many times previously.
>>
>>160380192
Its made by stan lee
>>
>>160380299
Exactly, based on the ideas of westerners just like the Batman, wolverine, x-men and iron man series Japanese studios have done among others I'm sure.
>>
>>160378870
I was just trying to be nice, but you are correct.
>>
>>160380299
It's co-created by Stan Lee with Nagahama. I don't understand why people feel the need to undermine Nagahama's role in this show.
>>
>>160377562
They put 0 effort into the god damn animation shit looks like a fucking slideshow. And I was interested in it
>>
>>160381138
I hate this trend in "anime" doesnt bode well for the future.
>>
File: dog slap.gif (1MB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
dog slap.gif
1MB, 400x229px
>>160377562
>Inhumans
>>
The premise is nice, but DEEN is fucking up as per usual. The fights look like they are happening underwater, and there are some scenes that are drawn out for too long because they were too cheap to animate anything.

>>160378737
There's an Avengers anime airing this season too. And we have BNHA as well. It's not necessarily a welcome trend.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.