[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it a good adaptation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: edge_of_tomorrow-wide.jpg (2MB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
edge_of_tomorrow-wide.jpg
2MB, 2880x1800px
Was it a good adaptation?
>>
>>160072169
Not especially, but it's a watchable movie in its own right so it doesn't really matter.
>>
It improved upon the source material immensely, turning it from 6/10 to 9/10. To hell with accuracy.
>>
>>160072169
This was a manga adaptation?
>>
>>160072169
It's a decent film by itself, really.
>>
>>160072169
It was decent but manga ending was hundreds times better though
>>
Not really but it's good
>>
>>160072169
It's would actually have been much better if the director had been given the green light to go balls to the wall like he orignally wanted

Also
>>>/tv/
>>
>>160072169
better than this
any movie?
>>
>>160072514
>if the director had been given the green light to go balls to the wall like he orignally wanted
Elaborate.
>>
>>160072473
Light Novel.
>>
>>160072169
Yes, better than the source. But that's not saying much.
>>
>>160072473
LN but it has a manga adaptation as well.

Look up All You Need Is Kill.
>>
Ok movie but what made me mad was that he was just doing trial and error.
Best part of the book was that he would train by fighting and dying constantly.
>>
>>160072169
It's okay.
>>
>>160072169
No. It was enjoyable in its own way, but it was nowhere close to a good adaptation.

They literally skipped all character development except "training how to use the suit" - no individual personality or backstory, no coffee scenes (a big fucking deal), no support department dialog, just nothing. Very disappointing.

And they completely and thoroughly shit on the ending too. It's not supposed to be a fucking happy story.

I very highly recommend picking up a copy of the novel and reading through it. It's really short, shouldn't take even a slow reader more than a day or two.
>>
>>160072778
There were lots of scenes where he would be training at the base against those giant metal claws.
Then he'd break his spine or something and have to get shot to reset.
>>
Why do people always think that western live action movies have to adapt LNs or manga series perfectly? They're always just BASED on the original story construct and can change a lot of stuff here and there.

This is also the reason why so many people already bitch so hard about Deathnote coming on Netflix. They want it to be exactly like the japanese original but the staff already mentioned very early on that it'll be just based on what Tsugumi Oba created 14 years ago.

I mean why are you even surprised?
>>
>>160075397
Because they half assed it.

I wanted to see death note in America.

As in completely new characters with different twists in a different society with the only familier thing is the death note itself and Ryuk.

Sadly we're getting some half assed adaption with the same people with obvious same events
>>
>>160075397
People don't realize how cringy anime/LNs/manga would be if adapted perfectly
>>
>>160072169
No idea I never saw it. I enjoyed the LN and don't want to see the film shit all over it's ending.
>>
>>160072169
No, and keep this shit on >>>/tv/.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.