[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone here tried to make his own anime figurine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

has anyone here tried to make his own anime figurine?
>>
File: DCsdea6UwAAG1YL.jpg_orig.jpg (960KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DCsdea6UwAAG1YL.jpg_orig.jpg
960KB, 3264x2448px
That is more of a >>>/toy/ question. People do that all the time though. You need to be good at sculpting, though sometimes converting an existing figure works out. Having an airbrush to actually paint it is a good idea as well.
>>
>>159268415
wouldn't it be much easier to simply 3D print them?
>>
>>159268538
If you were a half competent 3D sculptor and had access to a 3D printer that uses sintering or SLS, then that would be fine. That said the costs for either of those methods are outrageous, so it depends on how much you are willing to spend. Sculpting by hand, as most sculptors do, is never going to be too expensive. Fimo, kneadatite, sculpey ect. aren't that expensive, neither are brass rods or wires to make the skeleton, or the tools to sculpt the thing. Regardless of which method you use, you need to have a degree of skill.
>>
>>159268743
wouldn't it be cheaper to make silicone molds of a normal cheap 3D print?
>>
>>159268856
Of course. But that is only after overcoming the initial hurdles that I mentioned earlier. If you wanted to commercialize the thing then I suppose that the high upfront costs could be paid off. Assuming that you could somehow sell the thing of course. Casting resin isn't a super easy process either, especially if you don't want bubbles to destroy a lot of finer details.
>>
>>159268992
are there cheap ways to mass produce cheap plastic waifus to sell to degenerates?
>>
>>159269058
Make your figures out of PVC as companies already do. That of course involves even higher upfront costs and setting up a factory among other things, but the price per unit would be smaller. The best bet for a one man operation would be to do a lot of resin casting yourself, but that will not be cheap or easy. It will be a second job, unless you put out maybe a dozen copies on Etsy and leave it at that.
>>
>>159269256
how are chinese bootleg figurines made?
>>
>>159269383
It varies, but I think that most are done with wiggly PVC. That is why testing things like the weight doesn't really distinguish counterfeits. I don't buy bootleg figures on principal so all of this is second hand information.
>>
>>159269542
wouldn't a cheap 3D printer be enough to trick degenerates?
>>
>>159269612
No. They can't capture detail very well, overhangs come out warped, and the striations are very obvious. If you want to sell 3D prints be my guest, but you aren't going to get anything near even the quality of the knock offs. Knock offs are generally recasts so they retain most of the detail, and are only really given away by shoddy paintjobs.

As I said earlier, I would recommend asking people on >>>/toy/ , as that board is actually dedicated to this topic, and you would find more help. /a/ really isn't outside of the buyfag threads.
>>
>>159269812
ok thanks.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.