[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Koe no Katachi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 510
Thread images: 69

I had my doubts. There was just no way Yamada could surpass the K-On! movie and Tamako Love Story. I mean, they were pretty much flawless masterpieces themselves.

She did it. She fucking did it. This is possibly the single greatest piece of animation ever made.

>that face Shouya makes every time he's confronted with what he did, even if it was a simple reminder
>classmates making small gestures to him, obviously trying to include him even though he shuts them out
>that beautiful animated sign language
>that fireworks scene
>that moment when he finally decides to open up to everyone and bawls his eyes out in the end
>>
>>157488454
How can one studio be so based? Yet another proof of Kyoani superiority, TYBKA
Haters BTFO
>>
Does this really have their best character acting yet?
>>
Careful there'll be some nonsense poster calling it a rushed mess by bringing up the manga with no understanding of animation or aesthetic criticism in general.
>>
>>157488534
I think it is. Shouya himself is so well choreographed. I particularly loved how outgoing and loud he was when he was younger but extremely quiet and hesitant when's he's older, and slowly through the movie he gets louder and less hesitant when speaking with others.

And any time he's reminded of the past he puts on a very specific face that makes him look like he's going to start crying at any moment.
>>
Is the ending still shit?
>>
>>157488941
No, I thought it was fantastic. It ends with the end of Shouya's development. It's still a bit open ended (notoriously the romance) but ultimately you get a sense that everything is settled and smaller, not as important to the story issues will be tackled naturally over time.
>>
>>157488454
Everything good about this film comes from the manga, the direction is terrible and confusing.

Every single major plot point feels shallow and unjustified because no character besides the leads gets any kind of build up what's so ever.

Some characters like Mashiba and Sahara don't even make sense as members of the cast with their key character moments ripped out.

The mangos best scenes are missing, shoko waking up from crying to ishida killing his child self.

The whole concept of triumphing over boredom which justifies/explains his actions in the first aren't even hinted at.

The film is heavily flawed put the ass and the ass, nothing feels justified, key plot moments have no emotional weight because they relied purely on the character interaction the movie cuts, I know what they where going for with the subtitle piano shit but it really doesn't work as an ost, really only 3 standout tracks. Terrible direction, trying hard to win artsy and symbolic at the films ecpense.
The film really is no good, like a 5/10 maybe.
>>
Any good subs yet?
>>
>>157488534
No, most of it is pretty stiff and lifeless save for select scenes. Kyoanus lickers will tell you it's subtle animation though.
>>
>>157488454
The movie succeeded just because the manga was really good.
The animation was good and the voice acting was great but they left stuff that in my opinion was very important and had a lot of impact on the story out of the movie which made it feel less dramatic.
>>
>>157489169
But I've heard from /a/ that manga is utter shit (amd looks ugly) but they somehow managed to adapt it to the best movie of all time
>>
>>157488576
I've read the manga, the movie doesn't feel rushed at all, it's just shit. They ignored every single character's story, never hinting at their rhyme or reasons, never builds the relationship with the mc, so when the time comes and his calling everyone out the scene doesn't even work.
They pretend like he had actually built a connection with these people, like they ever had an actually conversation, like there was actually something at stake, when in reality there wasn't, what a blunder.
>>
>>157489169
>The movie succeeded just because the manga was really good.
the manga is mediocre. soap opera for teenagers. and i'm not even baiting.
>>
>>157489028
>Everything good about this film comes from the manga, the direction is terrible and confusing.
I never had trouble understanding the movie
>Every single major plot point feels shallow and unjustified because no character besides the leads gets any kind of build up what's so ever.
The build up was in the flashback for all the side characters, and you get hints of Shouko pushing herself away because she hates herself and blames herself for everything, especially the bridge scene where Shouya breaks down, leading up to her suicide attempt.
>Some characters like Mashiba and Sahara don't even make sense as members of the cast with their key character moments ripped out.
Mashiba is obviously pretty friendly in the movie. He's curious about Shouko after finding out she's deaf from Kawai (who knows them). Sahara obviously has a lot of emotional baggage from not being able to stand up for Shouko and Shouyo wants to be closer to her, so it's natural.
>The mangos best scenes are missing, shoko waking up from crying to ishida killing his child self.
It's been years since I read the manga, but the narrative was tightly packed and perfect as it is in the movie in my opinion. Shouko groveling at Shouya's mom conveyed that emotion more than enough
>The whole concept of triumphing over boredom which justifies/explains his actions in the first aren't even hinted at.
In the movie, you can tell Shouya doesn't understand the consequences of his actions yet. He's enticed by how everyone laughs and pays attention to him when he picks on her.

>>157489063
Mashiro/Nii-sama are "good enough". There's some errors and awkward lines but it does it's job
>>
>>157489268
>the film is superficial because it does not give enough time to build credible interactions
>it's not rushed at all
>>
>>157489234
No, the manga is great, a bit over the top and melodramatic, but it takes it time and truly builds up all the characters and the drama, so when things blow over or when shoko tries to kill herself it feels justified.

The movie is an absolute mess, cutting out everything good about the manga, butchering it's most impactful scenes, and making some of the most unnecessary changes in how the story was told, the film blows ass compared to the manga.
>>
>>157489381
Don't tell it to Kyoanifags, okay?
>>
>>157489314
>i wasn't confused
well maybes it's because you read the manga, just looking a dozens of people giving there opinions that had no idea about the manga, they where all confused asf and over nothing. I showed this film to a few friends and they where like "what?" 60% of the time.

>The build up was in the flashback for all the side characters
No it wasn't, that's what you call a character introduction. The movie introduces a character and then that's it. They don't actually build up the characters and their relationships, you can't tell me a single important thing about sahara and mashiba because the movie absolute neglects them.

What you just stated about them, tells us nothing the character of mashiba or sahara, or there relationship with ishida, how he see's them, how they see him. The scene when he tells everyone off bends entirely on the personally interactions and arcs he had with them, absent in the movie.

>It's been years since I read the manga
That explains a lot, i suggest you reread and realize just how shallow everything feels in comparison.
The manga has shoko graveling at ishidas moms feet, and the scene of her crying in bed, the movie definitely had time for the scene but completely changed it for no reason and made it worse.

>In the movie, you can tell Shouya doesn't understand the consequences of his actions yet.
ishida getting off at attention does nothing for the whole ideology his actions have been built upon.
The idea of killing boredom was deeply explored, his psychic and attitude explained, even if you didn't like what he did you could totally come to understand why he would.

absolutely non-existant in the movie, they also did a sub par job at showing the bullying, how ishida got everyone to participate and what the sensei actually felt(which gives so much more weight to the scene when everyone turns on him in class)

Instead everything in this movie is just lesser compared to the manga, it's actually embarassing.
>>
>>157489381
>a bit over the top and melodramatic
A BIT??
>Nishimiya singing wrong in the class choir
>The little sister turning Ishida into newspaper news
>Nishimiya yelliing she loves the bully in the middle of the street.
>Ueno yelling with Broccoli-kun in the middle of the street
>Mashiba throwing throwing the children's backpack on the floor
>Ishida conveniently saving Nishimiya from suicide
>Ueno beating on Nishimiya in the middle of the street
>Nishimiya's mom beating Ueno in the middle of the street
>Ueno, who is not even in the family, stoping people from entering Ishida's room.
>Ishida running from the hospital
>Nishimiya and Ishida meeting coincidentally on the bridge
>The film critic cursing everyone

KnK is FULLY overdramatic. Even more so when we remember that Japanese are known for repress their feelings, especially when they are in public.
>>
Are there any heartwarming films like Koe no Katachi?
>>
Is there a good 1080p file out with subs yet?
>>
>>157490036
I saw one in reddits megauploads.
>>
>>157489856
>well maybes it's because you read the manga, just looking a dozens of people giving there opinions that had no idea about the manga, they where all confused asf and over nothing. I showed this film to a few friends and they where like "what?" 60% of the time.
I don't remember anything except for Shouko's suicide attempt in the manga (which honestly made the fireworks scene just before that much more harrowing) but Yamada always explains though body language. You have to pay attention to what the characters are physically doing. Yamada's a huge film nerd.
>you can't tell me a single important thing about sahara and mashiba because the movie absolute neglects them.
Mashiba wasn't that important in the story, so he doesn't need some sort of personal conflict. He gets upset with Shouya during the bridhe scene, which was key to Shouya's and Shouko's development.
>What you just stated about them, tells us nothing the character of mashiba or sahara, or there relationship with ishida, how he see's them, how they see him.
Like I said, not as important in the film. It gave enough reason for them to mingle with Shouya in the first place, and the focus of this movie is obviously Shouya. It doesn't need that particular development to move the narrative along so it was cut.
>The idea of killing boredom was deeply explored, his psychic and attitude explained, even if you didn't like what he did you could totally come to understand why he would.
Once again, I don't think WHY he did was that important to Shouya's inner conflict later on. It showed how oblivious he was to other's feelings and pushed everyone around and this point was brought up again while Shouya and Shouko were walking around the art museum, indicating how he tiptoes around his own emotions because he's afraid of hurting others due to how he treated Shouko in the past (which is why he talks about "doing things properly" during the fireworks scene).
>>
>>157488454
Unironically one of best technically directed anime movies ever, too bad the source material holds it down.
>>
>>157490304
>Yamada's a huge film nerd
Well i guess you have her to blame for the films overall inaccessibility, i suggest you look up the reviews from non-anime fans they all mention the confusing direction, i guess we have her to the blame for the films lack of success.

>Mashiba isn't that important
Are you fucking joking? Mashiba plays a key role in giving ishida his confidence back, and aiding him in facing his demons. Helping him to face his elementry school teacher, mashiba becomes an important pillar of support so it's exceptionally painful to see ishida lose him. Even worse when he punches him infront of shoko.
This specific scene is important because as shoko can't hear, she can only assume the worst when everyone walks away but actually seeing physically force being applied against ishida you can see her damn heart break, it was soul crushing.
In the movie it's just this weird awkward staring baka.

>Character development and relationships aren't important in the film
Well if they are going to do the bridge scene exactly the same, then all that relationship build up is essential for having the scene mean anything, you have got to be joking.

>The why isn't important
I watched this film with 5 other people, i was the only one who had read the manga.
as soon as she started picking on him all of them went "Wtf why?" "why is he doing that?" "what's his problem" they looked geniunely perplexed when he began throwing rocks at her in the park etc.
That blatant disconnect, and all of them looking at me for answers, taking them completely out of the movie, what a mess.
>>
>>157490304
>You have to pay attention to what the characters are physically doing.
It's a drama, not a game. Being subtle is valid, being vague, is not.
>>
Went to see this in the cinema. The theatre contained a bunch of guys in their mid 20s sitting on their own and as far apart from each other as possible.
>>
>>157490702
AHAAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA

I'm curious, what makes this the best "technical direction" ever? A lot of people say that was one of the movies biggest flaws. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>157490773
>films lack of success.
Are you retarded? It's one of the highest grossing late night anime films of all time.
>>
Raged like a motherfucker that he didn't understand her confession and it's never revisited again.
>>
>>157490773
Sounds like you're friends with retards.
>>
>>157490304
>Once again, I don't think WHY he did was that important to Shouya's inner conflict later on.
(not that anon, but) yes, it is necessary, otherwise it seems that he committed bullying just because he was a bad and villainous kid. so, emphasizing the issue of boredom is important because it shows that he did everything he did without being aware that he was hurting someone.
>>
>>157490837
I guess in your country normie couples don't watch family cartoon
>>
KyoAni fags are so fucking embarrassing. Imagine being this oblivious to other art-forms.
>>
>>157490863
Even Shinkai praised its direction as absolutely amazing, random shitposting opinions on a chinese cartoon imageboards carry significantly less weight.
>>
>>157490837
Why didn't you bring your kids anon?
>>
So how many KnKs are we up to now?
>>
>>157491133
Shinkai? The guy who does not know how to direct, just use pop songs, sunsets and detailed scenery in the place of real development? Ok.
>>
>>157490773
>Well i guess you have her to blame for the films overall inaccessibility, i suggest you look up the reviews from non-anime fans they all mention the confusing direction,
It wasn't completely inaccessible. I can understand if it's something like Angel's Egg but the movie hand holds you through all the important parts. Yamada just doesn't shove the build up and characterization details in your face.
>Mashiba plays a key role in giving ishida his confidence back, and aiding him in facing his demons.
In the manga, perhaps, but not the film. The film has Shouya facing his demons during Shouko's suicide attempt, and that's when he realizes what he's just been skirting around the issues and ended up causing Shouko to attempt to kill herself.
>Character development and relationships aren't important in the film
The essentials where there. You know why the characters are around, and why Shouya tries to bring them all together. The importance in the bridge scene is how Shouya blames himself, and even more importantly how Shouko blames herself.
>"why is he doing that?"
For one, he's a goddamn kid. He doesn't understand the consequences of his actions. He's always the driver behind his group of friends. He gets a thrill every time he picks on her and other's laugh. He wants validation from others in the film, and that's why when he gets abandoned by the others when the teacher calls him out angers him so much.

>>157490991
Like I said to the other anon, Shouya's just a kid so we are already inclined to believe he just doesn't understand the consequences of his actions and his wish for validation in the film. I think that change was great and made kid-Shouya a pretty realistic character.
>>
I love KyoAni and Yamada, but honestly a bunch of scenes in the movie slightly lacked the raw emotion and passion that the manga had. I liked that they subdued it to not make it too overbearing like the manga, but it was really hard to be moved by it since they toned it down so much.

I'll give an example: Ueno and Ishida meeting again in the manga was far from being as relaxed/slightly tense in the movie. Ueno was walking Ishida down and forcing her way to him (and later Shouko) to the point where Ishida is visibly uncomfortable and irritated at Ueno's actions. The movie made Ueno hop into Ishida's bike,(even worse took out Ishida's irritated attitude towards her) and made Ueno's return to the cast a lot less disruptive as it was in the manga.
>>
>>157491057
Says the manga fan who can only describe a film by its plot points aka what doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>157491450
Yeah you know that guy who despite all that is the director of the most successful anime movie ever? Yeah that guys opinion is worth more than you, who dwells in a basement and faps to chink cartoons all day.
>>
>>157491493
the films is only plot points. there's practically no dramatic build up, no nuance.
>>
>>157491654
Thanks for making your opinion invalid.
>>
>>157491539
GREAT LOGIC
>>
>>157491491
Shouya was scared of Ueno in the film at first, but he does get irritated once she starts talking shit on Shouko.
Ueno also showed up to the amusement park by herself, and Shouya was obviously not trying to pay attention to her, evident from how the show placed her in the background with an X as he was having fun with the group, which led to Ueno's frustration and the Ferris Wheel scene.
>>
>>157490036 might be interested.

35mm has 1080p release on both nyaa.si and nyaa.pantsu now with corrections supposedly.

Is it worth getting or should I wait for HorribleSubs release?
>>
>>157491481
The essentials aren't there, nothing feels justfiied. and you don't need to explain the "why" to me, i've read the manga.
>>
>>157491754
The point was that I got that "why" from the movie, not the manga. It's all there.
>>
>>157488454
Get off her dick, this isn't a rodeo. The manga was WAY better, and it wasn't that good of a manga either.
>>
>>157488454
This anon, pretty much naild it.
The movie is just most of the key scenes of the manga poorly stitched one after the other, with nothing keeping them together.
All the missing interactions and characterization make the drama fall flat, and what is left is a rushed, bloated mess with too many characters with no purpose that never have time to breathe and too many plot points to rush through.
KnK is the perfect example of how NOT to make an adaption, any half competent screenwriter would have cut all the fluff and completely reworked the script into something functional. But what can you expect from Kyoani?
>>
>>157491708
I'm not just talking about Ishida being irritated at Ueno touching Shouko, but him being really irritated at Ueno herself. In the manga his annoyance towards her seemed as if he didn't even want to look at her face, much less spend more time with her. Taking out most of his dialogue after that scene really undersold how much remorse and spite Ishida still has for his friends that abandoned him in his old school.
>>
File: f008.jpg (178KB, 693x1038px) Image search: [Google]
f008.jpg
178KB, 693x1038px
wow the movie fucking sucks
>>
>Romance
>They don't even get together
It's just another overrated movie
>>
>>157492179
I love low quality bait.
>>
>>157492093
Ah, film Shouya doesn't spite his friends, he's just scared of them, like when Ueno got him to buy the takoyaki and was confronted with Shimada. Even when he watched the video of Ueno being a blunt bitch to Shouko, what really struck out to him was how Shouko hated herself, rather than anger at what Ueno is doing, most likely because he only hates himself.
>>
>>157492177
I like how the movie portrayed Ueno's possessiveness.
>>
>>157492264
But it's the truth
>>
>>157488576
The only real issue I have with the movie was how shallow Nishimiya seemed. Her arc of opening up to communicste to others instead of just being a neutral passive person was completely removed.

In the movie she was just a cute dead moeblob. Would have much preferred they cut some of the side characters to give her a bit more developement.
>>
File: hm...jpg (39KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
hm...jpg
39KB, 500x380px
Which subs are the best?
>>
>>157491713
>wait for HorribleSubs
If you are gonna wait then do it for proper subs.
>>
>>157492530
In the film, her character ran parallel to Shouya to me. She also hated herself, blamed everything on herself, and was scared of the other kids from when she was bullied.
Her confession and subsequent frustration was adorable.
>>
>>157492977
She doesn't really show any considerably growth from that in the movie. Her efforts to reunite everyone fall a bit flat in the movie because they come out of nowhere (unlike the manga, where it was to make the movie for him). You could say her arc is complete because at the end she opens up to Ueno by talking to her and laughing, but it feels a bit contrived compared to Shouya arc and how wonderfully his growth was executed in the movie (better than the film, IMO. Which is what makes me so hard to call the manga completely superior. The movie does so much better than the manga, that I really they had rewritten the story to focus more on the main characters).

One of the best scenes in the manga, where Nishimiya imagines herself reacting less passivly to her initial teasing is heartbreaking and I really wish they had put it in.
>>
I also liked how the film showed that killing herself hurts others a lot. That once scene of Shouya's mom yelling at Shouya for planning on killing himself and that flashback to how Shouya's mom got into a fight with Shouko's mom was heartbreaking.
>>
>>157493475
Yeah, Shouko definitely feels a lot smaller compared to the amazing development Shouya had, though she still had much more development than the other characters. Her suicide attempt and Shouya's injury made her realize how much her passive neutrality put so much strain onto Shouya, and afterwards she does make visible attempts to support him, like when she goes along with him to the school festival, pulls him along as he looks down at the ground and stuff.
>>
>>157489234
The manga is super overrated, but the middle parts of it are quite good. The entire last 1/4 to 1/3 is gutter trash though.
>>
>>157489169

>it feel less dramatic

And thank god for that. The manga had an interesting premise but turned ridiculously melodramatic with flat/boring bullies just to make sure that you don't forget that Shouko is such a sweet girl that suffers because she is deaf. In fact Ishida is the only interesting character of the story.

The movie is not perfect but lowering the melodrama was a good choice.
>>
>>157492680
HS and proper subs. Nice bait.

>>157492648
>>157491713
Nii-sama, because 35mm is a cartel-like localized and simplified crap.
>>
>>157489381
>He is so mean to me I hate him
>But now he was nice to me and he suffers I guess I love him now

That is Twilight tier writing.
>>
So are there any good torrents with good aubs and fixed horizontal black bars?
>>
File: koe1.jpg (90KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
koe1.jpg
90KB, 1200x675px
This film is very symmetrical. Not just the imagery, the staging or the backgrounds but the events of the film like the splash and ripples of water following the different emotions of the characters and the light in tunnel motif signalling the beginning and end of the film to encapsulate adolescence and growing up.
>>
>>157494370
This entire trip scene was so beautiful.
>>
>>157488454
The movie is just most of the key scenes of the manga poorly stitched one after the other, with nothing keeping them together.
All the missing interactions and characterization make the drama fall flat, and what is left is a rushed, bloated mess with too many characters with no purpose that never have time to breathe and too many plot points to rush through.
KnK is the perfect example of how NOT to make an adaption, any half capable screenwriter would have cut all the fluff and completely reworked the script into something functional. But what can you expect from Kyoani's writers?
If this was Yamada's attempt at being taken seriously as a "real" flim director, the result is just pathetic. Even Your Name in its mediocrity is a far more competently put together movie.
>>
>>157494370
I still can't believe they pulled this off in three months.

I can't wait for Yamada's next film.
>>
>>157493673
That is very true, she did show some good growth at the end. Maybe I should rewatch the ending.

>>157493941
Manga ending is complete and utter shit. They should have just ended it at the graduation and kept and open ending on what happens to the characters.

>>157493995
What flat and boring bullies are you talking about? The ones that pop-up before she transfers to Shouya's school? (In Yuzuru's flashback)

>>157494258
>Doesn't understand redemption.
People can change.

Also consider that Shouko had a similar issue to Shouya, her deafness made it hard to communicate to her, and she then purposely avoids communicating her own feelings to others, compounding the problem. Both are self-loathing, Shouya because he believes no one will love him for his past-actions (as well as some feeling of guilt to his mother) and Shouko for feeling like she is a burden to others (and feeling she is unable to be loved because of her disability.) They are very similar chatacters in this regard, which makes for a very good contrast. Both of them attempt suicide for similar reasons too, without knowing that they would only hurt the people around them who do care.
>>
does anyone want to put in spoilers what happens in the manga where the anime left off?
>>
>>157494579

>What boring bullies?
Are you implying that Ueno is was not created just to be hated by the reader?
>>
File: bender louder.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
bender louder.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>157488454
>K-On! movie and Tamako Love Story
>they were pretty much flawless masterpieces themselves
>>
>>157495557
Kawai is more of a character meant to be hated than Ueno. But yea with the exception of Shouja most of the characters in KnK are kind of dull and includes Shouko.
>>
File: 1461815560998.jpg (13KB, 390x79px) Image search: [Google]
1461815560998.jpg
13KB, 390x79px
>>157495709

>>>/co/
>>
Nah it was forced drama trash.
>>
I felt so sad for her when she asked if her voiced sounded weird, and he said "yes." Like she spent her whole life deaf but thinking at least her voice was normal and didn't even know until that point. She'd probably be really self-conscious about saying lewd stuff too.

In the manga is it ever expressed if she's considered attractive?
>>
>>157495959
Yeah it is, but it doesn't lead to anything cause ya'know let's just have the mc confess and then don't build on it and ignore it
>>
>>
>>157496345
Is this the only thing teenagers care about?
>>
>>157496427
Fuck you
>>
>>157496551
Why even bring romance into it if you don't ever bring it up or conclude what happens between them romantically
>>
>>157491133
Yet you can't explain to be what makes this the greatest technical direction ever. Also this critism isn't from 4chan, like 10 british reviewers all mentioned how shit and confusing it was, I had personally scene how it effected a few people i showed, it's fucking ass mate.
>>
>>157489314
Nice pic, the architecture in that landscape looks like izamu noguchi work.
>>
It's funny how both Kyoani and Shaft got to adapt almost at the same time two award winning manga about bullying, isolation and difficulty of communication, and that while Kyoani only produced a confused and poorly edited copy of the source material, Shaft managed to improve it.
It just shows which the better studio is I guess.
>>
>>157496964
Shaft's adaptation was mediocre and improved nothing.
>>
>>157496913
>I had personally scene how it effected a few people i showed, it's fucking ass mate.
I'm sorry to say but, you're too stupid for a show made for teenagers.
>>
File: 1492094880977.jpg (54KB, 427x367px) Image search: [Google]
1492094880977.jpg
54KB, 427x367px
>>157488526
How are we btfo? You've yet to show us how Yamada beat her contemporaries besides all this circlejerk.
>>
>>157488454
>greatest piece of animation ever made

Not when Pinocchio exists. Or the Chernobog scene of Fantasia.
>>
File: 020.jpg (173KB, 869x1235px) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
173KB, 869x1235px
>>157488454
Is it too much to ask for some closure (in regards to their relationship)?
True, the manga ending was trash, but at least they held hands.
>>
>>157495847
Look at this triggered guy.
>>
>>157489234
/a/ also thinks the Rape of Nanking didn't happen, but should have.
>>
Thanks for reminding me about this movie, guys! I'm gonna go download the raw now and maybe watch it next week end (or tonight even).
>>
>>157497014
The manga is very heavy on monologues and introspective sequences rather dull and uninteresting to look at, also because of the poor paneling.
Shaft took that occasion to let visual symbolism and abstract imaginery run wild, leading some of the most dense and breathtaking espressionist sequences of last year.
>>
>>157497014
How so? What did they do wrong on 3gatsu?
>>
>>157497353
Forgive him, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Kyoani fags gets triggered at the word Shaft.
>>
>>157497318
This. This is also why Monogatari overall looks the way it does. Monologs and interpretive symbols don't exactly translate well to the screen, so they tried to create the visual equivalents. (Monogatari is also about isolation and youthful solipsism; hence the vacant city.)
>>
File: 1420811891949.gif (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1420811891949.gif
3MB, 1280x720px
Be honest, /a/ how many times did you cry to this movie?
For me, it was three times
>Shouko saying she hates herself
>Shouko's suicide attempt
>The X's falling off
>>
>>157497353
Nothing, he's a buttblasted Kyoani fanboy.
>>
>>157496964
What? Koe no Katachi was the award winning aesthetically innovative film supported by the government and raised the bar for modern anime in cinematography, shot composition and sound design whereas 3gatsu is a forgettable tonally inconsistent trainwreck of a production that sold 2k and no one remembers besides having frog face designs.
>>
>>157496551
It's the only thing they understand.
>>
>>157497489
The suicide scene almost got me.
>>
>>157497489
Zero, but the scene where Yuzuru and Shouko's mom apologize to Ishida's mom was very emotive.
>>
>>157495557
I'm pretty sure every character was created with the intention of "being realistic" or "being human" and not to agitate the reader. There's no way any writer would intentionally fill their cast with scummy characters otherwise. The only characters that aren't subhumans are teenage Shouya, Shouko, and Yuzuru. Basically everyone else is a selfish cunt.
>>
>>157489856
I haven't read the manga and I wasn't confused about anything. Stop making stupid assumptions about others.
>>
>>157497640
>tonally inconsistent

It's one thing to just repeat buzzwords; quite another to actually explain why this is so. So why is this so, mang?
>>
File: politely stifled kek.png (81KB, 229x260px) Image search: [Google]
politely stifled kek.png
81KB, 229x260px
>>157497640
Sit down boy. 3gatsu got its 2nd season greenlit by the government as well. And all the praise you've given to koe no katashit on this thread are untrue garbage.
>>
>>157489856
>muh manga autism again
Can you fuck off already?
>>
>>157497760
Maybe you should try it.
>>
>>157497867
3gatsu was a commercial flop that got no recognition or sales.
>>
>>157495557
Ueno isn't really a bully outside of the part in elementary school. She was just jealous of Shouya's new object of affection and got angry at her for being overly passive whenever something happened to her. She's a bit less fleshed out in the movie, so that might be why she felt that way.

>>157495959
The manga doesn't really expose on any of the characters beauty except for Kawai looking in the mirror and saying she's a hot momma.

I still think Shouya shouldn't have said that though. I'm pretty sure she knows her voice isn't perfect, but maybe the fact that it was Shouya who said it affected her more.

>>157496551
Only teenagers care about plot threads that are brought up with no resolution or pay off?
>>
>>157497934
But it's getting an S2.

Now why don't you explain what exactly was wrong with 3gatsu as opposed to Katachi? You're the kino expert here.
>>
>>157497934
>using the word flop again

There he goes! He brought out his ultimate weapon!
>>
>>157497489
I really regret that retrospection scene during taking off photos from the fridge scene wasn't expanded a little. In manga it hit me like a train but in movie I watched first I barely noticed this 2 seconds long scene.
>>
>>157497640
>tonally inconsistent
The most meme critism to ever exist.
>>
>>157497991
Plenty of terrible shows get a second season, what does that even prove? You're trying to convince people something that can barely sell 2k copies is better than one of the biggest anime film successes ever.
>>
>>157498273

>muh sales
>>
>>157497971
>Only teenagers care about plot threads that are brought up with no resolution or pay off?
Really, I didn't care about that at all. Also leaving things unresolved is an established trope in japanese cinematography.
>>
>>157498273
>one of the biggest anime film successes ever.
It's probably not even in the top 50 of highest grossing anime movies.
>>
File: quality time on the toilet.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
quality time on the toilet.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
What did KyoAni try to convey with this camera angle?
>>
>>157497169
I WANTED THEM TO KISS SO BAD
>>
>>157498679
Lewd.
>>
File: 1487720136112.png (67KB, 330x296px) Image search: [Google]
1487720136112.png
67KB, 330x296px
>>157498273
>sales is what matters

Okay. So what's the name of that one movie that sells better than KnK? Say that it's objectively better than KnK. Come on. Say it.
>>
You can literally see how much force Shouya is using to hold onto Shouko's wrist, and you can see Shouko's cast later on.
I fucking love Kyoani's attention to detail.
>>
>>157498557
It grossed more than Madoka so blown the fuck out shaftfaggot.

>>157498759
The GuP Movie? Yeah that's way better.
>>
>>157497843
Retarded shifts to dumb anime comedy ruining the sombre nature of the show, awful design transition to animation making the drama impossible to take seriously, half-baked attempts at expressive animation, there's one distinct cut that goes full off-model in the least fun way ever. It was so jarring and unwatchable. The production is generally no different from an average television series, formally uninspired with no coherent structure and with no leading creative vision lending the work its own identity. There's no reason to watch it over the manga.
>>
File: 1492738372797.jpg (77KB, 715x682px) Image search: [Google]
1492738372797.jpg
77KB, 715x682px
>>157498849
You know what i'm talking about. Come on, coward.
>>
Translation error:
He said, "I should have asked her what she thought of me"
>>
>>157498929
The Love Live movie wasn't that good you stupid idolfag.
>>
File: 1487005299600.png (171KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
1487005299600.png
171KB, 450x449px
>>157498971
>couldn't say it

Yamada is disappointed that she got a dickless emasculated studiofag for a fan. I felt sorry for her.
>>
>>157488454
literally the movie of the decade, surpassing even kyoukai no kanata's movie
>>
File: 1385594949875.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
1385594949875.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>157497489
>Dogeza
>I hate myself
>>
>literally dying
>thinks of his family
>thinks of Shouko asking to be friends when they were kids
>thinks of Shouko's family
>thinks of the roller coaster (fear)
So much information packed into this sequence. Yamada is truly an artist. His guilt towards his family, his guilt towards Shouko and her family, and his fear of others all expressed within a few seconds.
>>
>>157498919
>Retarded shifts to dumb anime comedy ruining the sombre nature of the show
Stopped reading here. The jarring transitions between Rei's dull, silent, colorless world and the explosion of color, life and fun of the sister's household is one of the best things the anime did and it fits perfectly in the artistic choices of the show, that both in the introspective and in the mundane scenes always strive to express with visuals and sounds the chatacter's perspective and internal world.
Maybe you were confused and thought you were watching H&C, but this is another thing entirely.
>>
>>157496774
Because they're teenagers and teenagers crush all the time? But what am I wasting my time for anyway, this is neo-/a/ -- average age 13 yo.
>>
>>157488454
This adaptation had potential to be good but Yamada just made the second half even shittier, leaving all uncohesive manga shit that needed serious rewrite meanwhile dropping all necessary character development.
The only director who actually have capability to make something from it is Hosoda.
>>
>>157499333
Yamada has far surpassed the rest of the directors at KyoAni
>>
>you will never go on a quiet date with Shouko
JUST
>>
>>157499397
Except the transitions in the manga were graceful and not tonally deaf and how is this not bad storytelling when the parts about the family are given less expressive visuals than when Rei is in solitude? Why is the look more dull there? It's giving the exact opposite impression of what you're stating.
>>
>>157499206
It's not a good example. KnK was rather average.
>>
>>157496964
>Shaft managed to improve it
I disagree, I still preferred the manga (and I can't agree with the "poor paneling" complaints; I think a lot of these people just aren't used to the shoujo approach to paneling). That said, 3-gatsu was way better than KnK to begin with, so it's sort of sillyto try this studio circlejerking bullshit with such an uneven "contest".
>>
>>157500212
By KnK do you mean Kyoukai no Kanata or Kara no Kyoukai?
>>
>>157498849
Who the fuck mentioned madoka or shaft?

You can't say that KnK is one of the biggest financial successes for anime movies. It's just plain false.
>>
>>157500284
Oh, sorry. Kotetsujou no Kabaneri.
>>
Can we talk about how cute Shouko is in modest clothing?
>>
>>157500322
Few people mention shaft anymore except when it's to troll GodAni. I think /a/ is starting to forget them
>>
File: 1454910755744.png (232KB, 762x557px) Image search: [Google]
1454910755744.png
232KB, 762x557px
>>157499460

>Look at me I am an oldfag
>>
>>157500517
And what does that have to do with KnK not being one of the biggest financial successes for anime movies?
>>
>>157498831
That was in the manga, fuck off lmao
>>
>>157500322
>You can't say that KnK is one of the biggest financial successes for anime movies. It's just plain false.
You can if you exclude Ghibli, Toei, Hosoda, Your Name and TV family adaptations (Doraemon, Detective Conan, Yokai Watch). For the limited marketing and number of screens there's not much films that made more.
>>
>>157500517
SHAFT's Fireworks movie will outsell Koe no Katachi
>>
>>157500642
Probably not. It might outsell all 3 kizus combined though, but maybe not.
>>
>>157500642
Please don't start this fucking shitposting, you cancerous faggot.
>>
>>157500640
>if you discount actual financial successes then KnK counts as a success!
lel
>>
>>157500640
> You can if you exclude
> For the limited marketing and number of screens
He didn't say any of that, though.
>>
>>157500642
I'd be surprised if it did.

I'm looking forward to it because of Takeuchi, but it looks sadly visually bland from what's been shown.
>>
Hosoda should have directed this.
Period.
>>
>>157500804
>hosoda directs it
>ueno wears a full-on cat fursuit and bounces on shouya's cock
>>
File: 1488405488291.jpg (44KB, 350x330px) Image search: [Google]
1488405488291.jpg
44KB, 350x330px
>>157500804
>Hosoda directs Knk
>Shoko is now a furry bunny girl
>Shoya is now a furry wolf boy
>>
>>157500804
Hosoda is a drastically inferior director to Yamada as of now.
>>
Holy shit what a joke lmao, why where they pretending like they all had deep personal relationships, it didn't feel like any of them had a relationship except for the lead and shoko and her sister, 90% of the cast is just kind of there for dramas sake, i can see why your name btfo'd this movie.
>>
>>157499996
if you are a pleb who doesn't understand shit about anime, yeah
>>
>>157500642
Shaft's animation is a shit lately. Their 3DCG is ugly just like Ufotable's 3DCG. At least Shaft can do amazing work with 2d too (like character animation and character design). Ufotable looks bland in every aspect. Flashy effects, fast camera movement and nothing else. I can't stand Ufotable.
>>
>>157500860
Her directing ruined this movie, so i'm inclined to not believe you, i've only seen tomoko story and it was quite literally a massive waste of time, about literally nothing.
>>
>>157500881
Ironically Kara no Kyoukai is praised mostly by normalfags...
>>
>>157497489
I welled up a bit when he's beating the crap out of her when they're young and she says "I'm doing the best I can"
>>
>>157488454
The ending still sucks?
>>
>>157500860
Are you kidding? Boy and the Beast was brilliant.
>>
>>157500990
Terrible taste
>>
File: michael_arias.jpg (36KB, 250x359px) Image search: [Google]
michael_arias.jpg
36KB, 250x359px
>>157500804
Jokes aside, if we talking about the perfect director, than it would be this guy
>>
>>157501055
Boy and the Beast is literally the worst anime film of the decade. Summer Wars was pretty garbage too but this was a new low.
>>
>>157501057
The only taste you know in your life is that of dick, so stop trying to judge others
>>
>>157501076
Whito piggu go home.
>>
>>157501146
Don't remind me Summer Wars. It was like a low tier western cartoon/blockbuster movie. I couldn't even watch it till the end.
>>
>>157501146
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time: Good
Summer Wars: Shit
Wolf Children: Good
Boy and the Beast: Shit
I'm sure his next film will be good. I think it's coming out next year.
>>
>>157501224
The only currenty working director that's better than him is Masaaki Yuasa
But i guess the generic tearjerking moeshit is better, right? Get some fucking taste, nigger
>>
>>157499815
They aren't given less expressive visuals, they are given different audiovisuals that express different emotions and perceptions, appropriate to that context. Would the solemn, symmetrical shots that define Rei's solitude fit in the sisters' household?
The manga employs far less than the anime images rather than words to convey meaning, even during internal monologues, so the comparison isn't appropriate. The adaption takes fully advantage of the medium.
>>
>>157501451
Looks like you fall for the "less conventional artstyle = best director" meme.
>>
>>157497169
I didn't mind it ending where it did
The "I want you to help me live" scene on the bridge solidified their relationship for the movie
>>
>>157501426
>>157501314
>>157501146
Summer Wars is a great movie.
>>
>>157500933
I've always hated Ufotable and their "just slap the character in the middle of that wallpaper, drown everything in filters and call it a day" modus operandi.
>>
I saw this movie in the cinemas, did they add any more content to the bluray?
>>
>>157497489
Welling tears:
>Shouko fighting Shouya and mumbling that she's trying her best
>Shouko crying on the bed after getting back from the doctor
>Shouko saying she hates herself
Crying:
>Shouko's attempted suicide
>the bridge scene
>The X's falling off
I am the biggest fag.
>>
>>157501076
I talking about relationships development between characters who painfully depend on each other and can't express their feelings because they can't deal with them the way normal people do.
If you actually watched Tekkon you would understand.
But keep projecting, if you feel better that way.
>>
>>157501426
>forgetting Our War Game

>>157501146
>Boy and the Beast is literally the worst anime film of the decade
Did you miss out on those Project Itou movies failing to meet any expectations at all? Or the boring slogfests that were the later Mardock Scrambles?
>>
>>157501076
Unfortunately, he's one of the masterminds behind those Itou Project failures I mentioned. I'm not throwing him under the bus just yet, but one great movie and one terrible one is far from "perfect."
>>
File: shame.png (181KB, 220x450px) Image search: [Google]
shame.png
181KB, 220x450px
>>157502078
>all of those
I almost did in all of those, only stopped because I was in a theatre and my sisters were there.
>>
>>157492179
(you)
>>
>>157502131
>forgetting Our War Game

No he mentioned Summer Wars
>>
>>157502268
I should have seen that one coming.
>>
>i still haven't watched it
>>
>>157496427
I was not prepared for the confession. Completely shattered me. I don't know how or why.
>>
>>157502189
He was producer more than director on that one, and was mainly helping Nakamura
>>
>>157502441
Was he really? Then I guess we can forgive him, but in that case he's got a very limited repertoire to actually judge by.
>>
>>157497489
Made me cry like a sissie at the confession. Probably 3-4 times more, forgot when exactly.
>>
>>157502534
We must push /ourguys/
>>
>>157502583
>/ourguys/
Please stop.
>>
There was no better director for this project than Yamada. There's no director who better understands the difficulties of communication than one who struggles to express herself everyday and has to do so with body language and gesticulations to her fellow staff members. There's no one who pays as much attention into the minutest of details with non-verbal communication than Yamada. There's no director who better captures the delicate feeling and struggle of adolescence than Yamada. There's no director who can convey as much information as possible with every frame as Yamada. There's no director who has the resources needed to stimulate the senses of look, sound and feel like Yamada has with her studio, paying so much attention of the sound, character acting, lighting, backgrounds and spatial canvass. Yamada made this project into her own, every single component of it a mark of her identity and for better I'd say.
>>
>>157502079
>>157501646
>>
>>157501697
you are a great retard
>>
File: yamakan.jpg (98KB, 426x454px) Image search: [Google]
yamakan.jpg
98KB, 426x454px
>>157502795
There is
>>
>>157502900
Yamada's next film will be an original tackling sekuhara
>>
>>157502888
Summer Wars is influetial as was Tokyo Story movie at time.
Go jerk off to your moeblobs just another time as you can't accept reality
>>
File: 2dot8mb.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2dot8mb.png
3MB, 1280x720px
この俺に勝てる奴いるの?
#イケメン男子
>>
>>157502795
Replace "Yamada" with "Hosoda" and you will be right.
>>
>>157502795
film school was a mistake
>>
File: cuck.png (788KB, 1275x718px) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
788KB, 1275x718px
>Muh disabled acceptance
>Muh mixed race is good
Literally SJW cuckfest and /a/ swallowing it as always
>>
>>157488454

It's a fine work but currently highly overrated. They should have taken more creative license with the narrative to make it fit better into a 130 minute runtime. How much of the story they tried to tell really hurt the piece. I don't know what they were allowed to change/do but the film adaptation should have cut out at least 2 characters. The red head guy and Sahara or Ueno. Can't merge the two but Sahara, for the film, simply functions as a mulligan for a one note switcharoo. Maybe cut the blonde girl and keep both Ueno and Sahara in and making a hybrid of Sahara and the blond girl to serve as the mulligan. I'm not a professional screenwriter - but there was too much there and it hurt the story - a bit.

There was also very little to set us up for Shouko's suicide attempt, and I don't mean that out of the blue wasn't appropriate, but they should have had a little narrative back and forth between Yuzuru and Shouya about Yuzuru's photography being an avenue of trying to cheer up Shouko.

>You really like photography? I never understood the world that way.
>It's not that I like phtography, I just want to share a point of view with my sister to convince her that the world can be filled with beauty too.
>too?
Then drop as subtle or as on the nose of a hint that she also suffers from depression. Just enough so the suicide attempt wouldn't be so out of left field as to break the character

>"But that's how suicides often are"
Actually, no, they are not, and even if they were there is no crime in subtly foreshadowing an event for the audience. It would have also made the taking down the photographs a much better scene, you could have simply showed, not told via "this is what I'm doing and why I'm doing it" line dump.

But these are all nitpicks really. Hindsight is 20/20 from armchair directors and producers so my opinion is worth less than shit. It's a solid work. I almost hope there is never an English dub because it would ruin it IMO.
>>
>>157488454
Are there good subs now?
>>
There were parts of the movie I really liked, and I appreciate the idea behind their cuts, but the execution just wasn't good enough and so much of the mangas best content was lost.

I like to imagine there's a timeline out there where we got the best of both worlds as an anime adaptation.
>>
>>157502795
And yet the film is disaster.
I think Yamadafags were so pumped up about how perfectly the project seemed tailored for her, calling it a "guaranteed Magnum Opus" and shit, that are still in denial about what kind of mess and failure it turned out to be.
For everyone with a functioning brain, KnK confirmed her as the most overrated anime director of the century. Even Your Name in its mediocrity was a far more competently put together movie.
>>
File: 1397537575043.jpg (31KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
1397537575043.jpg
31KB, 500x291px
>>157503242
>>
>>157503452
I've seen this post before.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>157503487
DEJA VU
>>
Why the FUCK hosoda rejected the project
>>
>>157496551
>>157499460
Then answer why they brought it up in the first place, you can't use the answer that it was her trying to communicate cause there are a million other ways to communicate with somebody besides telling them you love them.
You can't half ass something like that, Its either you don't put it in the movie or you resolve it, not that bullshit about leaving it for the viewer the decide if they got together in the end
>>
>>157503652
>everything needs to be resolved
>my hand needs to be held at all times
Fuck off.
>>
>>157501076
What do you like about Arias?
>>
>>157503588
you can't reject something you were never offered
>>
>>157503446
10000000000 times repeated.
Go with Nii-sama. Good faithful subs. Don't touch 35mm unless you are normalfag
>>
>>157503909
he got and portrayed relationships as no one do
also the rhytm of his works
>>
>>157503072
Kill yourself retarded crossboarder.
>>
>>157503883
Im not saying everything should be, but something as big as a love interest shouldn't be brushed under the rug yet alone brought up if nothing's going to be done about it
>>
>>157503935
Can you post some examples from each one?
>>
>>157504020
Kill yourself projecting shitposter
>>
>>157500741
Is that fear i see?
>>
>>157500860
Hosoda has actually worked with different staffs and studios unlike Yamada.
>>
>>157504179
What does that matter?
>>
>>157502988
>original tackling sekuhara
what
>>
>>157504196
that he is capabale of pushing his own vision unlike being limited within kyoani moeshit tropes
>>
>>157504037
Am I your servant?
Nii-sama has honorifics, dialogues are faithful to source, not localized, references are keep in, character personalities are not changed etc
35mm is totally opposite = shit tier commie-like subs.
>>
>>157497489
Once. The mom confronting him about his suicide attempt.
>>
>>157504334
>that he is capabale of pushing his own vision
So, like Yamada clearly does.
>limited within kyoani moeshit tropes
Nice empty shitpost.
>>
>>157504179
So you're saying Yamada's position is like Miyazaki? Great. Hosoda has literally stopped progressing as a director and has stuck to safe family movies ever since 2006. There's no more ambition in his storyboards, the Ikuhara influence is gone, he's just been going through the motions ever since he got married.
>>
>>157504362
>shit tier commie-like subs
you are just fucking butthurt that no one needs yout pantsu shit and everybody just uses si
in b4 >cartel shil
go fuck yourself
>>
>>157504196
To measure her talent truly. Try taking her out of the studio for once. Then you'll see her for what she is. Then it's fair to "compare" her to the likes of Hosoda.

Hell, she didn't even went out to London for research for the K-On movie with the rest of the staff.
>>
>>157504518
My pantsu shit? Wtf are you talking about you low tier normalfag? Herkz, is that you?
>>
>>157504573
>Hell, she didn't even went out to London for research for the K-On movie with the rest of the staff.
Fake news
>>
>>157504479
>So, like Yamada clearly does.
if this flick w
>>157504650
>>157504479
you low tier normalfag?\
>Nice empty shitpost.
<<to you
>limited within kyoani moeshit tropes
because she's not and she is?
>>
>>157504510
>family movies are inherently inferior to Ikuhara influenced direction
Wow.
>>
>>157503125
>#イケメン男子
what's a good translation for this ?
>>
>>157504518
Everybody is using si? Hahaha hahaha. Herkz, you are really living in your delusions.
And btw, what does the site mean? Nii-sama is available on pantsu and si.
We were talking about subs, not sites. But if you can't understand simple things like this, then no wonder why you prefer shit tier commie garbage subs for lowlifes.
>>
File: 1459384412649.webm (1MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1459384412649.webm
1MB, 800x450px
>>157504573
>Hell, she didn't even went out to London for research for the K-On movie with the rest of the staff.
What the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>157504811
Handsome man guy
>>
>>157504862
>that denial
go learn some real programming languge first, delusional /g/ fucker
>>
File: 1471006957174.png (799KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1471006957174.png
799KB, 1280x738px
>>157504776
>if this flick w
>you low tier normalfag?\
><<to you
>>
BAAAKAAA
>>
File: 1341813328921.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1341813328921.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>157505076
I haven't HNNG'd that hard in a long time.
>>
>>157504573
>To measure her talent truly. Try taking her out of the studio for once. Then you'll see her for what she is. Then it's fair to "compare" her to the likes of Hosoda.
This kind of argument fails because you need talent and resources in your staff to fully realize your ambitions or else you'd be like Sayo Yamamoto. What would Hosoda be without the A+ animators in all his works? Miyazaki and Takahata are surrounded by brilliant animators, color designers, composers, animation directors and character designers. Takahata doesn't even draw his own storyboards and the stylistic variation in his work is due to his collaborators yet he is considered one of the best directors ever. These directors are surrounded by better and more experienced talent than Yamada whose studio because of its system focuses on younger staff and won't hire anyone over the age of 21 I believe.
>>
>>157504862
>commie garbage subs
Yet everybody here uses them
What are your general purpose alternatives, you fucking special snowflake?
Fucking horrible subs?
Ahahahaha, kek
>>
File: 1495395642776.jpg (205KB, 1080x1187px) Image search: [Google]
1495395642776.jpg
205KB, 1080x1187px
>>
Was this really necessary?
>>
>>157505076
Best addition to the movie.
>>
>>157505202
>or else you'd be like Sayo Yamamoto

Is that a bad thing? You know that YOI has been acclaimed by athletes right? You know that its BD sales are the highest in 2016 right? http://www.someanithing.com/4324
At least she's ambitious and doesn't stay in her comfort zone.
>>
>>157505281
To win the most prestigious award ever you must be exceptional artist, not some pandering to trouseres-sniffing nolife retards hack
That's why no anime director ever aside from Miyazaki will ever win Oscar
>>
>>157505263
Well, CR is always better than commie.
>>
>>157505263
By 'everybody here' using commie you meant you, right?
>>
>>157505696
>Is that a bad thing?
Yes it's a bad thing to have your production turn to garbage and actively hurt your work in both form and content. It's a bad thing to not have your ideas be able to come through because of bad scheduling and compromises. I'd only hope you're referring to Hosoda as the one staying in the comfort zone and not Yamada or else you'd need to get a reality check.
>>
>>157505342
based brazil
>>
>>157505342
Was he a good father? Does the manga expands on it, why is he not in the first part of the movie?
>>
>>157505730
So you're saying kyoanifags are not in any authority to say anything right, correct? Glad we got that out of the way.
>>
>>157505734
i mean whole /a/, including you
>>157505987
>kyoanifags are not in any authority to say anything
yes
>>
>>157506100
>>157505830
>>
>>157506100
You are probably the most retarded person which I met here in last month. Congrats.
Ps.
I don't use any subs.
>>
>>157505730
>Oscar for animation
>prestigious
You win by how much money you pour into campaigns. The voters want to make the animation category full 3D and think hand drawn animation is outdated.
>>
>>157506186
>I don't use any subs
Because you are so mentally impaired that you can't even read text from screen, and you have to use dub?
Geez man, and you have balls to call others retarded.
>>
>>157505943
Sayo Yamamoto is the true underdog of the story here. If you followed the story of how YOI came to be, you'll understand that she's been doing it for the love of skating. She started up from the animator expo and when she finally adapted the short into an anime, it got positive reception thanks to her directing talent. Bad scheduling is unavoidable since she had to work with a studio that did freelancing, but you can see how amazing it is for her to be able to hold off on her own. I'm not gonna sit here and let you take shots on her.
>>
>>157506523
I don't know if it's a bait or your bird brain just can't process the fact that someone has an ability to learn new languages.
Also
>hating the dubs
>while loving the commie
No, it is surely a bait.
>>
>>157506603
All of her shows are still artistically compromised and YOI is the work that least conveys her talent. She's not the only director with a passion for what she's doing and she's always been the most prominent female figure in the industry doing work on Samurai Champloo, Panty and Stocking, Space Dandy, Texhnolyze, Persona and the expos. I don't know what led you to believe I was attacking her, she just an example of someone being held back by the circumstances surrounding her. You should be happy YOI is getting a film instead because it gives her more creative freedom and she won't be hindered by scheduling.
>>
>>157507290
This guy is correct.

God this thread is garbage. I started reading it and then just gave up. It's impossible for there to be a decent discussion on /a/ where this studio is involved. Most people have already decided before even watching it if it's good or bad and are just watching the film for reasons to justify that opinion both on the negative and positive side.
>>
>>157507710
And then I forget to use sage. I should just kill myself.
>>
Waste of time: The movie

Horrible use of depth of field: The movie
>>
>>157507800

>edgy the post
>>
>>157500517
How much better would Katachi have been if God's Shaft had made it?
>>
>>157508198
It would go from a 9/10 film to 4/10, or maybe 3/10, although 2/10 is also not out of the question.
>>
>>157500640
That's a lot of movies to exclude. Inb4 "Antichristplex bribed theaters to not show Katachi."
>>
File: 1458658088494.png (212KB, 597x405px) Image search: [Google]
1458658088494.png
212KB, 597x405px
>>157488454
Isn't this from that one manga with a completely shitty unfinished ending of "lol maybe something happens idk"
Yeah no thanks
>>
File: 1468777965366.jpg (16KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
1468777965366.jpg
16KB, 636x477px
>>157504079
Is that inferiority complex I see?

Shaftcucks will defend this.
>>
>>157508198
With current state of Shaft, with tons of ugly 3DCGi? No, thanks...
>>
>>157508259
>4-2/10

Nice hyperbole. At least you tried.
>>
>>157508626
Hyperbole would be to say shaft would make it unwatchable which is not impossible. Atleast a 2/10 film is watchable, just barely though.
>>
>>157508198
It'd have meme headtilts and they'd get sign language images off of google instead of animating.
>>
File: 1445194589686.jpg (328KB, 800x1225px) Image search: [Google]
1445194589686.jpg
328KB, 800x1225px
>>157495959
>She'd probably be really self-conscious about saying lewd stuff too.
>>
>>157508432
>Everything must be resolved
Is this some murican meme or what??
>>
>>157509317
I remember third one! It means actually tsuki (love).
>>
>>157505076
I fucking loved this scene. It was so cute how Nishimiya got a chance to innocently call Ueno an idiot.
>>
>>157502795
>Yamada is an a(r/u)tistic savant who struggles to communicate
where is this narrative coming from? she just seems like a normie to me
>>
>>157503446
Moonfag here, nii-sama subs did a good job.
>>
>>157505342
>random racial caricature
This movie would never succeed with western film critics
>>
>>157509679
What, Brazilian guys can't wear camo and work out now?
>>
>>157505342
BIG BRAZILIAN COCK
B
C
>>
>>157505342
KnK has touches on many problems in society
foreigners
unemployment (comment about Pedro having to look for job)
NEETs (Shouko's imouto)
suicide
disabilities
bullying
single mothers
>>
>>157505958
Probably for the same reason Shouya's sister never appeared either.
>>
>>157508432
Anime cuts everything that happens after the festival, making it considerably less shit.
>>
File: bestbully.jpg (252KB, 1735x1029px) Image search: [Google]
bestbully.jpg
252KB, 1735x1029px
Face it, she'd make an amazing gf and a mother to your children
>>
>>157510192
She appeared albeit headless in the manga.
>>
>>157510288
She was a total cow who betrayed everyone constantly.

His best friends from school were total shits too.
>>
>>157510288
That retard face.
Loud obnoxious wiffe and children with PTSD. Sounds awesome.
>>
>>157488576

To condense several volumes of manga into a two hour film obviously meant that significant parts of the plot and character development would need to be reduced or skipped entirely. Unfortunately, that meant skipping out essential background for a lot of characters making the overall story weaker and severely skewing many characters portrayals and behaviour.
>>
>>157488454
Just finished the movie, it was great, but I need to ask, Is Tumbrl mad cause they didn't show the tranny?
>>
>>157510319
As she did in the anime. Both were missing for considerable amounts of time in the story.
>>
>>157509100
>headtilts bad

They're no worse than fogged-up camera lenses and giving characters so much blush it looks like they have scarlet fever.
>>
Really disappointed with the visuals. Animation was good but the colors look so muted and so much bloom that feels unnecessary most of the time. I expected better from KyoAni.
>>
>>157511266
>the colors look so muted

Carlos please.
>>
>>157511266
The color palette was gorgeous.
>>
>>157488454
>classmates making small gestures to him, obviously trying to include him even though he shuts them out

When was this?
>>
>>157511517
In the beginning, there was shot of Shouya looking around in first person, and you can very clearly see someone looking at him and saying something. Another time a couple clasmates ran to the window in front of him, tapped on his desk and trying to get him to look out the window as well.
>>
>>157511266
What the actual fuck is this opinion.
>>
File: MFWnoFanService.jpg (213KB, 1920x1030px) Image search: [Google]
MFWnoFanService.jpg
213KB, 1920x1030px
>>157511266
>muted colors
>what's monoprice TN panel?
>>
>it's okay to forgive people who bullied you, in fact you should beg them to forgive you...for something
>it's okay to forgive cunts who shifted the blamed, singled you out and abandoned you to cover their asses and years later hypocritically pretended like you're the one who ruined it all
Are these really good lessons to teach children? There's turning the other cheek, and there's turning the other buttcheek and letting yourself get fucked till it gapes.
>>
File: finish him.webm (711KB, 720x583px) Image search: [Google]
finish him.webm
711KB, 720x583px
>>157502078
>Shouko fighting Shouya
I was yelling at her to smother that motherf*cker
>>
>>157512915
It's Japan. If someone is bullied it's fault of that person because there is always a reason to be bullied.
>>
>>157510448

The problem is they showed zero "Shared" bullying. It's funny but Ueno near the middle of the film when they are older is 10x the bully that she was portrayed as during the formative years prologue. Ok, why didn't they spare 1 quick cut of anyone but Ishida bullying during the montage? What, they didn't have 5 seconds to spare? The Prologue doesn't just make Ishida out to be the chief bully, but it makes him out to be the only bully and everyone else was under his dictatorial regime. Poorly constructed and I don't know what the point was since it muddies the narrative comprehension later on down the line.
>>
>>157513095
I was laughing at the theatre with this scene. Everyone looked at me
>>
>>157512915
>Children are cunts
Why in the world would a healthy adult hold grudges from their elementary years?
>>
I just watched it like 30 min ago because I came across some YouTube trailer about this. I loved it and did the same with kimi no na wa

Are there more movies from the creator or similar to this.
>>
>>157514615
>The Prologue doesn't just make Ishida out to be the chief bully, but it makes him out to be the only bully and everyone else was under his dictatorial regime.
For me everyone else was indifferent or playfully saying things like "Oh you're so mean!". They weren't coerced to do anything.
>>
>>157515047
Buh bye now
>>
>>157488454
>a movie of a popular manga comes out from the top dog casualfag studio
>it's relatively successful
Whoa, who would have guessed?
It's just a fucking movie and it's not raking in a single percent of Kimi no Na wa's profit, so its existence literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>157509532
The real take away is that Ueno looked up the sign language for "dorry" and "stupid".
>>
>>157510595
Daily reminder that Sha*t is a poorfag meme studio that got lucky a couple times, developed delusions of grandeur, and isn't worthy of being taken seriously at all since Kizu.
>>
>>157514888
How can you be healthy adult after being severely bullied?
>>
>>157488454
anyone knew what the "speed of youth" bonus from BD is all about?
>>
>>157515325
They even dropped the game what led them to have a big fanatical following, namely the hot lolis and fanservice of them.
>>
File: 1483556845389.png (278KB, 658x595px) Image search: [Google]
1483556845389.png
278KB, 658x595px
>>157515153
?
>>
>>157515490
Monogatari isn't over yet.

(Will Ara-araragi ever get off the boat?)
>>
>>157515510
Are you 8?
>>
>>157515047
Look up the directors, Naoko Yamada and Makoto Shinkai. Their previous works are at least visually similar
>>
Solid 6/10 movie. A little too melodramatic and not much characterization for majority of the side characters. Though that's to be expected since they tried to cram an entire manga into a couple hours.

I wish KyoAni would actually try to make an original movie instead of adaptions every time.
>>
>>157515477
https://streamable.com/va6mu
>>
>>157516054
thanks anon, got the link for koi no shita no wa?
>>
>>157515849
No but you clearly are underage schlomo

>>157515862
Thank you. I shall look into it. Hoping to find some other good anime movies since I don't really watch animated movies normally just series
>>
>>157516110
Here: https://streamable.com/xju9o
>>
File: thingken of fluffy kittens.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
thingken of fluffy kittens.png
592KB, 914x898px
Anybody actually like those inconclusive endings? Who is the target audience for that shit? Did it ever improve sales? Does it make critics like the movie more? Is it some kind of misguided 'creative integrity'?
Do they only do it to spite us?
I don't understand it.
>>
File: 1389582537841.png (248KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1389582537841.png
248KB, 500x495px
>>157497640
>raised the bar for modern anime in cinematography, shot composition and sound design

I want to believe that posts like this are b8 but KyoAni fans on here seem to be extremely rabid so I'm not even sure at this point.
>>
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-Voice-Miyu-Irino/dp/B071VGDT2M/

It's out in the UK, so official subs release when exactly? Anyone got an idea?
>>
>>157516219

Are you talking about Anime in general or the Film Koe no Katachi? Because the film ends perfectly fine. What exactly was inconclusive about the ending?
>>
>>157516595
No kissu. No 'I love you'. No 10 years after with their kids.
>>
I was kind of disappointed by the visuals. It barely looked better than Hyouka.
>>
>>157516692
Hyouka did look better. Even the animation in this movie was nothing to write home about. There were several shots where this movie had TV quality level animation which is kinda inexcusable.
>>
>>157516642
The story wasn't about if Ishida and Nishimiya would get together, it was about a young man's sins and his seeking redemption and forgiveness.
>>
File: Nii-sama.jpg (322KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nii-sama.jpg
322KB, 1920x1080px
>>157494144
>Nii-sama
Fucker why are you trolling people.
Pic related clearly says '[I'm] returning [your] money' What they translated it as doesn't even make sense in the context of the story. Not gonna waste more time finding all the mistakes but such basic one in first few lines of text doesn't bode well.
>>
Everyone memed me about Your Name's fantastic staff of animators and directing but this film was just aesthetically superior. The delicate texture, the weight to the character's tiniest of movements, the lighting and scene transitions, the color palette, it was just better. Feeling tricked.
>>
>>157503935
>>157509576
Why would you lie on the Internet.
(see >>157517059)
>>
>>157517294
That's the only big mistake on the subs, if it botters you so much then learn moon yourself kiddo.
>>
So why isn't Oyasumi Punpun getting adapted?
>>
>>157488454
I don't even fucking care about what /a/ says anymore, this masterpiece has changed my life. I never though I would love a single anime again like I have in the past, but this fucking movie holy shit I need to rewatch it right now.
>>
>>157517029
Then why was so most of the time devoted to the budding romance. We both know it is just an unresolved romance. Anyway you can get both redemption and a good romantic end (see Onani Master Kurosawa).
>>
>>157497489
I didn't actually cry but the moms apology got to me and Shoko apologizing almost pushed me over the edge.

But I was watching it with my friends who read the manga. So that might've had something to do with it.
>>
>>157505342
What bugs me is why the fuck they didn't show his wife's face?
>>
>>157517059
>>157492648
>>157491713

Ignore the trolls saying Nii-sama subs are bad. All they can do is trot out the contextually ambiguous envelope type and try and make it out like the entire thing is rife with mistakes.

I just finished the Nii-Sama sub earlier today and I didn't spot any other grammatical errors, contextual mistakes or typos for the rest of the film. Even the envelope scene isn't nearly as bad as the trolls are making it out to be. It's one line in a quick cut within the first 20 minutes of the film. The error, isn't at all important to understanding what's going on and the whole envelope typo criticism are just a bunch of larpers.
>>
>>157517416
>That's the only big mistake on the subs
Somehow I feel you may be trolling again.
>if it botters you so much then learn moon yourself kiddo
I'm learning it, sadly only N3 right now. How do you think I caught the mistake. Though I guess it was so retarded considering the context that even without moon knowledge you could see it.
>>
>>157517821
>contextually ambiguous
You are too obvious pal. If you at least admitted it is completely fucked up, the rest of your post could be believable.
>>
>>157517739
a budding romance was background characterization, it was not at all the focus of the movie. It was there to show Nishimiya's receptiveness and state of mind toward Ishida. Ishida wasn't concerning himself on getting a girlfriend primarily. He was attempting to repair his world as best he could. It would have been disjointed if "kissu and confessions" was the climax to a double suicide attempt, coma, broken arm and bullying film with a 2 hour run time. I mean, really. If there was a Kissu and confession your new complaint would have been "the romance was too rushed" - shit, the film was rushed as-is. You want romance? Your princess is in another castle bro.
>movie didn't have a romantic kiss and a 10 years later married with children epilogue. This movie fucking sucks.
>>
>>157517846
One mistake or two like that doesn't make the whole sub bad, it's not like the common anon can even read お金返します anyway.
Hell, CR is supposed to be professional but their subs on Saekano and Kokudenashi are a fucking joke.
>>
>>157517883
>Contextually ambiguous.

I interpreted the tense mistake as him making a mental checklist/count down to his final act. Within context of the montage where the envelope scene happens you could interpret all the cuts except the one where he is on the bridge as an internal monologue while he is on the bridge. It's a very short segment/sequence and there is zero confusion about what is going on.
Are you an idiot? Because that would make more sense.
>>
>>157518103
But he can see that it makes no sense given that later she thanks him for repaying it all back. This is one of the rare mistakes that everybody can catch.
>>
>>157518195
>I interpreted it wrong
>but I'm the intelligent one for interpreting it wrong
>you are stupid for catching the most obvious mistake ever
Keep posting.
>>
>>157518265
larping incorportated.
Star fuckers!
>>
>>157518067
If I wanted a redemption story I would re-read Onani Master. This shit is only good for cute girls. Damn right I want a kissu.
>>
File: koenokatachi.jpg (62KB, 640x415px) Image search: [Google]
koenokatachi.jpg
62KB, 640x415px
>>157488454

Wouldn't care about greatest, but I didn't enjoy this much going to the movies to watch a movie that inexplicably stayed for weeks in my country since A Cure For Wellness, so all's well.

Both movies featuring troubled girls in totally different genres, go figure.
>>
>>157518312
I'm glad you didn't waste more of my time and quickly admitted that you are just pretending.
>>
>>157518437
>all our pain
>how did you think we'd get by without you?
>you're so vain
>I bet you think this song is about you

Larpers Incorportated, like I said.
>>
>>157518843
You showed us in your previous post that you were merely pretending, no reason to shit the thread more at this point.
Unless your goal is to destroy the thread.
>>
>>157519006
I don't have a goal beyond informing those inquiring that the Nii-sama subs were perfectly serviceable. anything beyond that is me pointing out larping trolls, apparently to their (your) own frustration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omWQzYycyJk
>>
>>157519272
>larping
Inigo_Montoya.rmvb
>>
>>157493485
Does it really though? Is the portrayal that correct?
>>
>>157519334
HamletActIIISceneII.txt
>>
>>157497489
Only at Shouko apologizing after the fight.
>>
File: Born to Feel.jpg (114KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Born to Feel.jpg
114KB, 680x680px
koe no katachi had me in my feels for weeks
>>
>>157497489
Are you kidding me? The whole film had me going the whole time, people who compare this film to Kimi no Na wa don't understand the audience. Koe no Katachi will keep you alive and going because of his relational it is.
>>
>>157519425
Are you pulling my leg, anon?
>>
>>157519374
Not really. Shouya's mom was an extremely idealized depiction of a mother who was all-understanding and kind to a fault.
>>
File: Thismoment.jpg (325KB, 1600x874px) Image search: [Google]
Thismoment.jpg
325KB, 1600x874px
There was something about Koe no Katachi which just vibrated deep within me, maybe since I could really relate to these feelings myself. I even caught myself crying in the end of the movie, it was good.

Sadly i'll never overcome these sorta issues myself since i'm friendless and dont have anyone to rely on.
>>
>>157519763
That scene where the crosses drop and the noises of the crowd start coming back in was really well done
>>
>>157517473
>So why isn't Oyasumi Punpun getting adapted?

Japanese suicide rate is as bad as it is right now, they can't handle it
>>
>>157519847
Do I have to read Oyasumi Punpun too? It's about suicide right?
>>
>>157519698
She felt like a flawed character who didn't know how to properly raise her kid.

>>157519847
It would be hard to make it work in an anime without really good directing. It should probably be a movie, but it is so long that it would have to be many movies. It's just not at a good spot for it to be adapted. Did it sell well in Japan? It did go for 13 volumes after all.

>>157520001
It's more than just suicide, but that is a part. It is more about loneliness and being unable to properly communicate with others, but much more pessimistic.
>>
>>157520346
Okay, so wait, is there an answer at the end? I'm going to read it if it's just going to make me down about life.
>>
I cried like a bitch after Shouko's suicide attempt. When Shouko's mother and sister prostrated themselves on the floor during their gomenasai I lost it.
>>
>>157520381
>I'm not going
Messed that up.
>>
>>157520381
It is ultimately optimistic, but it does make you suffer through some very sad parts in order to get there. Nothing is overly melodramatic or contrived, it is just very realistic in the way people act and things often happen. Most of the characters have dysfunctional relationships with one another.

I'd tell you to go ahead and read it, there isn't any other manga really like it there. The art is amazing and the plot and characters are wonderfully written. If I go ahead and tell you about the themes then I might go into spoiler territory.
>>
>>157520576
Thanks anon, I'll read it and hope it helps.
>>
Track record for Kyoani movies:
>Koe no Katachi - 9/10
>Tamako Love Story - 8/10
>K-On Movie - 7/10
>Disappearance - 7/10
>Free High Speed - 6/10

Yamada should make a Solanin (Asano Inio) movie, it's the perfect length.and completely fitting.
>>
>>157498959
>>157520445
>西宮に..「俺のことどう思ってるのか」聞いとけばよかった
Hmm, 35mm indeed does have it right here.
>>
>>157520738
She should do Umibe no Onnanoko instead except with an actual ending.
>>
>>157494540
Could you provide a source on that info anon?
>>
>>157517059
Why did he want to end his life and then didn't?
>>
>>157520803
That's a little too sexual, Sayo Yamamoto would be better for that.
>>
>>157494144
Nii-sama translated Ishida stuttering while saying Kawai's name as "Cute..."
>>
Did they change the plot or something?

Or was it a shitty melodrama at the end like in the manga?

Seeing as everyone is praising it I'm considering watching it, but only if it's not as retarded as the manga was towards the ending.
>>
>>157517059
Herkz, go home already and stop spreading 'contextual' bullshit. Watch your liberal americanized 35mm bullshit, but don't recommend this shit to anyone just because your burger brain can't process more faithful subs.
>>
>>157522060
You should watch it one way or the other, but in my opinion it's a great movie and the ending was very strong. The ending is when the two of them visit the school festival, and the Xs fall off of everyone's faces.
>>
>>157518103
The funniest thing is that Doki is doing amazing (Saekano on this case) work but people refuse to use it for whatever reason. Every time when I'm asking what's wrong with Doki, I'm never receiving any response or it's something like 'they are bad'. Fuckin cartelfags are a cancer of the Internet.
I wonder why those fuckers don't giving any examples from 35mm. This 'translation' is a joke, like an adaptation, in some places worse than script of average dubs. Literally a mine of bad localization choices and mistranslations.
>>
>>157521509
Why are you lying. Where is Kawai translated as cute in Nii-sama subs? Did you watch release uploaded by him, or subs extracted and remuxed by someone?
>>
File: faggot.png (3MB, 1918x1049px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
3MB, 1918x1049px
>>157522520
>>
>>157517081
It's pretty much the opposite for me. I thought Kimi no na wa was more superior.
>>
>>157522376
Nobody can compete with CR/HS and years of being blacklisted from old nyaa screwed Doki. Besides, nobody who subscribes to CR or depends on HS will ever notice that they literally made up a bunch of lines on Saekano this season.
>>
File: Screenshot_3-44.jpg (17KB, 514x277px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3-44.jpg
17KB, 514x277px
>>157488454
>that fireworks scene
So fucking good, the very beginning where it shows all the cast members watching dem fireworks was great.
>>
So after she finishes hairdressing school she comes back to make babies with him, right?
>>
>>157522683
Mind explaining why?
>>
>>157522837
idk, manga shows them going to the coming of age ceremony together on the last page, so maybe.
>>
>>157510115
I wanted to see the mothers bashing their ex-husbands.
>>
File: 62107197_p0.png (1MB, 1300x2040px) Image search: [Google]
62107197_p0.png
1MB, 1300x2040px
Do you think Ueno charges per hour orr per act?
>>
File: mpv-shot0022.jpg (293KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0022.jpg
293KB, 1920x1036px
So what's his sister's deal? Just a joke or is she disfigured or something.
>>
>>157523132
Per act, anon wouldn't last an hour.
>>
>>157523132
Neither; she does it for free
>>
>>157494144
Stop recommending shit subs. Those were awful for a first viewing you retard. DURR CARTEL-- Jesus Christ
>>
>>157523133
Its a joke. They never show her face in the manga either.
>>
>>157523133
You think she's disfigured because her face is blocked?
>>
Aren't the official subs supposed to be out by now. Stop arguing about this shit already
>>
>>157523272
Blacked*
>>
>>157523133
Is Maria the most hideous loli in anime ever?
>>
>>157523272
Eh, this has all sorts of fucked up people >>157510115

One more wouldn't surprise me
>>
I am surprised the manga reader are this mad at the adaption
>>
>>157523365
Manga reader here, I loved the movie.
>>
>>157523365
Taking in account you have to read the manga in order to get the movie
>>
>>157523365
I don't know why you'd be surprised, There is always people who complain when any adaptation is made, good or bad.
>>
>>157523365
Manga reader, I am not partial one way or the other on the movie.
>>
>>157523444
No
>>
>>157523444
It made perfect sense to me. Yes, it felt a little rushed at parts but it certainly isn't as confusing as people make it out to be, makes me think if they actually even pay attention or just browse chink cartoon boards while having it play in the background.
>>
>>157497799
You forgot Shouya's mom.
>>
Where is everyone getting their download from?
>>
>>157523581
I watched it first without reading the manga, then decided to read the manga in ~6 hours and just finished watching it again, everything made a lot more sense the second time around. I watched some awful subs the first time around so maybe that made me miss a bunch of key stuff like shoko's scene about wanting to kill herself and the dream where she woke up crying
>>
>>157523900
Pantsu
>>
>>157523935
Same person, or maybe im just retarded
>>
are the official subs out yet
>>
File: faker.jpg (183KB, 707x1045px) Image search: [Google]
faker.jpg
183KB, 707x1045px
>>157492177
>>
>>157522227
I'm not talking about the ending itseful but the towards the end part, I remember that the deaf girl mom or the deaf girl herself went into a fist fight with the bitch girl and it was a complete shit show, is that in the movie?
>>
>>157524195
Yes sir
>>
>>157524343
This kind of sucks, I guess I'll still watch it because I still liked most of the manga, it just fell flat towards the end.
>>
What the FUCK, was his problem?
>>
>>157523365
Manga reader. I think the movie improved it overall.
>>
>>157498679
I really liked how KyoAni made them seem much closer than the manga did here.
>>
>>157524947
He deserved to be a character way more than Kawai.
>>
File: which one.png (4KB, 373x57px) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
4KB, 373x57px
which one do i watch first?
>>
>>157488454
Yawn MC is just a stereotype of deaf people. It's almost insultingly bad, actually.
>>
>>157525716
Why would you download all that?
Just get a good raw and download subtitles for the rest
>>
>>157525873
Because /a/ won't tell me which subtitles are best, and I'm going to watch the movie several times anyways because of how much I fucking love the manga.

I normally don't download raws so I don't know how to tell if a raw is good or not, and I don't know where to download subtitles from either.
>>
>>157526013
Nii-sama is the best for me, because it's faithful as possible to the source.
CR (HS) is comparable, one of those 'better' translation of them (honorifics included, very light liberal editing)
35mm is a commie/cartel like crap, culture washout, no honorifics, made up sentences.
>>
File: subz.png (94KB, 733x267px) Image search: [Google]
subz.png
94KB, 733x267px
>>157526013
I'd get the one from Beatrice Raws which seems fine, and you can dl subtitles on animetosho if the have it.
Sadly HS is hardsubbed ( and fucking unreadable ) right now.
>>
>>157526114
>dl subtitles
Yeah but the problem is which subtitles.
>>157526095
There was a post earlier in this thread (or one of the other Koe no Katachi threads) that showed an example of 35mm being superior to Nii-sama.

Talking about these posts:
>>157498959
>>157520445
>>157520782
>>
>>157526224
One sentence is making subs superior? Kek.
>>
>>157526244
Can you show me example(s) of Nii-sama being better to help fellow anons save bandwidth?
>>
>>157526244
>Kek
>anti cartel arguments
You make trusting you on this very difficult.
>>
Hyouka was better.
>>
>>157526253
I don't have 35mm release anymore. Many anons said already why Nii-sama / Mashiro is a way better option in general.
Go with 35mm only if you like commie style of subbing, many completely made up sentences, simplified dialogues and relationships between characters are not a problem for you.
On any other case, choose Nii-sama or HS.
>>
>>157504362
Nii-sama isn't faithful to the source.

35mm is fine and is whats used for the international preview. Its more localized to the English language and that doesn't make it worse as they mostly keep to the meaning of the statement.

The only mistake i seen 35mm make so far is localizing "Let;'s head home" into "let's go" while Nii-sama translates it properly.

However Nii-sama makes a bunch of mistakes like saying "toss it over" when it should be "let me see it/show me" among other errors compared to 35mm.

35mm is the safer pick for now but I would love to see a better fansub with great typesetting all over the place. Also 35mm comes with the developer commentary track and is the official video source for the international release if 'm right.
>>
>>157526095
I don't know man, I got Nii-sama and just finished the movie. Some dialogues aren't even translated.
>>
HS is out
>>
File: hmm.png (81KB, 666x568px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
81KB, 666x568px
>>157526307
>>157526572
By the way, which fansubs actually translate the hand-signs?
>>157526626
I just checked (I'm the guy that downloaded both 35mm and Nii-sama) and the part where the bread coupon is lying on the road, the bread coupon is translated in 35mm and not in Nii-sama, but Nii-sama seems to have translated what Shoya was saying more accurately.

Also apparently HS didn't translate handsigns? (see pic related)
>>
>>157526572
And that's not even the biggest mistake. Many Anons are saying Niisama is superior but I seen so many mistakes in it while 35 mm is more consistent.

Not to mention in one scene Nii-sama thinks and translates "She's so annoying, that megane" when its actually talking about the male teacher who just scolded him.
>>
>>157526678
Wait, did 35mm translate the handsigns? Because Nii-sama didn't
>>
>>157526678
>>157526706
Only the one I saw in the theatre did the hand signs as far as I know
>>
>>157526678
Since 35mm is most likely the Blu-Ray international release that was shown in cinemas most of the sign language is explained afterwards in the movie. There is only 1 scene iirc that they didn't explain it but I have to comb through the movie again to find it.
>>
HS source for rip and subtitles looks like to be Amazon from what I'm reading in the HorribleSubs IRC
>>
>>157515828
Yeah, but even that doesnt do loli lewd anymore.
>>
>>157526726
>>157526760
So did the theater screenings show subtitles for the handsigns, or explain them after the movie then? Would I miss out on something by watching a release where they aren't translated?
>>
>>157527323
Amazon and iTunes I think. The UK digital release.
>>
>>157516219
It's not like the source material had a good ending either
>>
>>157527482
Not at all.
Most of signs are spoken anyway.
>>
How is this movie?
>>
>>157527892
Its not actually a love story but more of a story about living life and being a better person.
>>
>>157527323
can you upload the HS sub file?
>>
>>157528252
Hardsub.
>>
>>157524947
To me it seemed as though he wanted to forget all the bad things he did in the past. In the manga he was the one who did the music for their movie and shows up after professional critics tore it apart to say that the pros opinions are worthless as a form of redemption or something.
>>
>>157513095
>"shut up! shut up! shut up!"
I was really on the verge of bawling when it comes to this. I had to punch a wall after the screening.
>>
>>157529018
It's so incredibly raw and cathartic
>>
>>157516219
The adaptation's ending is subliminal and better loaded than the manga. The manga is too open-ended, it concludes the conflict with a normal coming-of-age event. That makes all the conflict became "a part of growing up."

While the end to the anime seems to return to the beginning when Ishida was about to end his life; as if it were to say "live is beautiful. Stay alive and you shall see it."

Movie > manga
>>
File: 324715.jpg (29KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
324715.jpg
29KB, 225x350px
I read the threads before watching the movie. Fully expecting to hate Ueno, I actually felt like she was OK.

But THIS BITCH. HOW THE FUCK IS UENO WORST THAN THIS SELF-CENTERED FAGGOT?
>>
>>157529176
She had less screentime and her faggotry was uncontroversial so there was nothing to discuss
>>
>>157511266
If anything, I want to see the movie without the excessive chromatic aberration. It's a small grievance and I know it's Yamada's style but KyoAni is not lazy with background characters and backgrounds in high budget productions like this one.
>>
is horriblesubs release good?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OB2tdu1AZc
>>
>>157529246
I know she loves to do it a lot but it actually made sense to do it in this movie, the characters are very selfish and only see themselves and essentially have a very distorted view on life.
>>
>>157497489
Shoko apologizing after her suicide attempt and Yasho crying at the end, man, it was great.
>>
What was Nishimiya saying in this scene?
>>
>>157529550
She's going to study.
>>
File: 1472028985406.jpg (20KB, 568x479px) Image search: [Google]
1472028985406.jpg
20KB, 568x479px
>>157488454
>flawless masterpieces
>>
>>157529663
No before that, just before she stood up. Ishida replied "I see" but I didn't get what she was saying.
>>
>>157529722
When she was walking into the crowd towards the stands. they did it enough so the audience could understand:
"Daijobu"
大丈夫
I'm fine.
>>
>>157529550
>>157529722
I'm not so sure, but it seems she saying, "[the fireworks] sounds nice."
>>
File: delete-this.png (696KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
delete-this.png
696KB, 960x540px
Lets settle this once and for all.

A. Nii-sama
B. 35mm
C. HorribleSubs

Pick one.
>>
>>157530402
>not watching every version
You're smalltime
>>
File: 1490295682054.png (867KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490295682054.png
867KB, 1280x720px
>>157489169
The manga turned to complete shit after the deaf girl tried to kill herself. The last good scene was Mom slapping that crazy cunt. Even with the terrible movie arc all could be forgiving with just a simple confession that had been building up since basically the entire manga. But no instead she pull a generic Japanese writer ending and the character very much literally walk through the doors to their future. Basically made the manga a complete waste and the 1 shot superior.
>>
>>157530500
Delicious tears.
>>
>>157488454
Mashiba should've been cut. His being there without any actual characterization just served as the film's biggest reminder that it's a recut manga.
>>
>>157530729
>defending the use of the moon looks lovely tonight meme
>defending the movie arc

It's ok to be a complete idiot.
>>
File: 62950957_p0.png (391KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
62950957_p0.png
391KB, 1200x1200px
>>157530810
Fun fact, 月が綺麗ですね (the moon is beautiful) is another way to say "I love you" in Japanese
>>
>>157528891
Wait, they cut a lot of scenes from the manga?
>>
A lot of the shots in the second half were beautiful.
>>
>>157531044
The funeral scenes with her grandma and then her trip to the waterfall and museum were breathtaking.
>>
CoalGirls when?
THORA when?
ANE when?
>>
>>157530402
A or C. Don't touch commie.
>>
>>157530402
Honestly they're all shit, so pick your poison.

Reminder that it took Tamako Love Story 2 years to get accurate subs.
>>
>download HS
>hardubbed
>barely visible shit subs
Why is this allowed?

>some people paid money for this
The jewery is palpable.
>>
>>157530402
D. Know Japanese
>>
>>157531948
How's the translation quality?
>>
>>157531948
>barely visible shit subs

Are you blind, anon?
>>
>>157526572
>international preview

What the fuck are you talking about? What do you mean "used for the international preview"? They're not showing fansubs in any official screenings you downer.

>>157526760
It's not. There is no "Blu-Ray international release". They would have shown a hard subbed DCP. There's no ripping subs from that. Unless, of course, they got a hold of a cam of a subbed showing, but I highly doubt that.
>>
so, are the fan subs really that shit? shit enough that i should bother working on it?

i could take the horriblesubs release, transcribe everything into softsubs and fix up names/honorifics and all that.

wouldn't be done for a week or two tho.
>>
>>157533332

Nii-sama's subs are arguably the best. There's a few missing lines for those "mhm" and grunts Japs make, but they're perfectly good otherwise.
Thread posts: 510
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.