[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do Americans see in this man the rest of the world doesn't?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 635
Thread images: 26

File: 1475196013889.jpg (37KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
1475196013889.jpg
37KB, 660x439px
What do Americans see in this man the rest of the world doesn't?
>>
Someone to project their warped sensibilities onto.
>>
Miyazaki and his films are well-liked the world over. It's only obsessives that either take his bitter comments too personally or just want to go against the stream that seem to particularly dislike him.
>>
>>155562610
This sounds like a conspiracy theory all in your head to prevent yourself from possibly considering the fact there's people with actual taste disliking his movies out there.
>>
A moneymaker.
>>
>>155562610
>everyone who dislikes popular things are intentionally being contrarian
I'm pretty sure this is bait, but it's depressing that some people actually think like this.
>>
>>155562695
I was thinking specifically of /a/ when I was typing that, but yeah, you're right, there are people that just don't like his films because it doesn't suit their tastes. I shouldn't have phrased it like that. Nonetheless, I would still say his films are generally well-liked beyond America and Japan, so OP's statement is silly.
>>
>>155562907
>they just have the wrong tastes
again, you're going of the notion that his movies are actually good. Aren't you a tad delusional here?
>>
>>155562944
The only 'objective' problems I can find in his movies is that he doesn't really know how to wrap up a story, but apart from that it is all just a matter of sensibilities.
>>
>>155562944
I wasn't trying to say they had wrong tastes, I was specifically trying to word my post that I wouldn't be demeaning anyone for their preferences in film. Sorry if that's how it came across. All I meant to say is that assumption the OP's question relies upon, that Miyazaki is only popular in America, is untrue.
>>
>>155562482
Are you fucking kidding me? Miyazaki is a living legend in Europe.
And for a good reason.
>>
>>155562695
Or maybe you simply think you have good taste but instead have shit taste. They tell me it happens often.
>>155562781
Don't generalize, we're specifically talking about Miyazaki here. You don't like his movies? Fine. But if you go around saying Miyazaki is shit you're stupid.
>>
His movies make me angry.
>>
>>155562944
And you're going off the notion that his movies are actually bad. Aren't you a tad delusional here?
>>
>>155562482
Monononoke Hima and Howl's Castle are his only good movies.
Spirited Away is overrated shit btw.
>>
>>155563198
>Hima
Wow I sure fucked up there, meant Hime obviously.
>>
>>155563183
They all revolve around the 'but life is worth living, anon!' meme but fail to deliver a reason for that because every troubled MC is getting saved by a deus ex machina.
>>
>>155562482
Only good anime

And Cowboy Bebop (who is liked more by Americans/not popular in Japan)
And FCLC
And Dragon Ball Dub (falconer music is godly)
>>
>>155563217
read the goddamn Nausicaa manga
>>
>>155562944
>literally says that only Americans like Miyazaki
>accuses people of conspiracy theories for saying that people choose to dislike things because of their personal preferences rather than their nationality

>literally says that people with "actual taste" dislike Miyazaki
>declares people who say that it's ok to have personal tastes as delusional for disagreeing with him and then blames then of personally attacking him

Are you being deliberately retarded?
>>
>>155563344
It's not the only thing he has ever worked on, you know.
>>
>>155562482
I dunno, I have never watched any of his movies. Not even one.
>>
>>155563217
>what is a fairy tale?
Fucking imbecile.
Miyazaki doesn't give a fuck about your meaningless life, he's just making movies.
If you don't feel heartwarm when watching his movies is because you're a shit human being.
>>
>>155563529
>he's just making movies
>If you don't feel heartwarm

Pick one. Either he is making movies just because or he wants to convey something with them. Memezaki has stated multiple times that he thinks that life is ultimately worth living and he wants to tell his audience just that with his movies.
>>
>>155563576
And your problem with this is...?
A lot of his movies feel half-made because of reasons I stated in previous Miyazaki threads, but that doesn't mean you can't have a good time watching them.
Sure, movies like Howl or Kurenai are quite half-assed but you can't say others like Mononoke or Kiki don't work at all on a plot basis.
>>
>>155563576
>Either he is making movies just because or he wants to convey something with them
It doesn't mean he has to give you a reason to live, retard.
The enthusiasm and the courage of the characters in his movies should inspire you, you won't find any solution to your personal problems in movies.

How fucking stupid can someone be?
>Memezaki
Pushing the boundaries.

Welp, the true face of people who dislike Miyazaki has finally been revealed. They're obviously not worthy of being taken seriously.
>>
>>155563217
Remember that you have like miyazaki so you can pretend having superior taste and that anime is bad but miyazaki is different because he is art. It works perfectly since years with people who don't even watch anime!
Even if things like Totoro or Kiki are just like one of those slice of life you can watch every season...

>Because every troubled MC is getting saved by a deus ex machina.
Not true at all. I mean:

>Ok, I'm gonna stop making war because war is BAD you know.
>We are sorry. Dont worry, valley faggots, we kill a lot of you guys but know we are gonna help you to rebuild this shit. We are sorry.
>Wow Porco! Lucky you that the pirates did not really take the children hostage, the fascists didn't shoot the women and in the duel with the american not even one bullet hit the public!
>Do not worry, you surely gain your powers at the right time to avoid an accident in which no one is going to die anyway.
>Dont worry girl, the bad guy is gonna betray the soldiers so you do not have to get your hands dirty!

Perfect plots devices every single time.
>>
>>155563649
Watching them feels like someone trying to say something which is very important to them but lacking the ability to word it correctly. That being said, aside from the story his movies are a joy to watch because they feel alive, somehow. I mean, just watching how they usually animate simple actions and hands is quite hypnotizing.
The voice acting is great and the female characters are a breath of fresh air compared to all the fapbaits the industry usually churns out.
Voice acting is top notch as well. They more often than not sound like actual people.

>>155563651
Contain your autism, friend. I never said I expect his movies to give me a reason to live.
>>
>>155563860
>Remember that you have like miyazaki so you can pretend having superior taste and that anime is bad but miyazaki is different because he is art. It works perfectly since years with people who don't even watch anime!
>Even if things like Totoro or Kiki are just like one of those slice of life you can watch every season...
No one has said that, retard, and you're too stupid to understand that people who usually say that are trolls.
>his movies are bad because they're not realistic!
Why do you have a problem with Miyazaki not making realistic movies? He can do whatever he wants, you know?
>>155564023
>Contain your autism, friend. I never said I expect his movies to give me a reason to live.
Yes, you did?
>They all revolve around the 'but life is worth living, anon!' meme but fail to deliver a reason for that
>>
>>155562944
Just because you dislike something, that doesn't make it shit. What are you, a child?
>>
>>155564110
Oh, you thought by anon I meant myself?
>>
>>155563198
You fucking tasteless nigger Nausicaä was a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>155562482
>Americans
Everyone except bitter otaku love him
>>
>I like Miyazaki and also seasonal anime
Is this allowed?
>>
Hayao "I love little girls" Miyazaki
>>
>>155564555
Everyone loves little girls.
>>
>>155564392
It doesn't matter if you menat yourself or someone else, what you said would be wrong inn both instances.
>>
>>155564535
You don't need anyone's approval.
The enlighted individual likes good anime, being it seasonal, ova or movie.
>>
>>155564110
>No one has said that, retard, and you're too stupid to understand that people who usually say that are trolls.

Yeah sure, "trolls". You are just too young and stupid to see reality but since you like miyazaki that doesnt surprise at all.
>>
>>155564580
He said it himself, you dingus. And even without him saying it, this message is so prevalent in all his works that even a toddler could see that.
I don't have an issue with the message itself, I do have an issue with how he tries to weave it in his work. He always needs a plot device for that.
>>
>>155563097
Not really
Italian here and nobody knows Miyazaki here except for Heidi, and that's because it's set in the Alps
On the other hand everybody loves Go Nagai
>>
Man, this thread is so lame. Shitposters trying to bait for replies by using controversial opinions, everyone accusing each another of being a troll and the use of passive-aggressive snark.
>>
>>155564773
Not everyone with a different opinion is a shitposting troll. But since people are being conditioned into only accepting positive reinforcement and nothing else nowadays actual discussion happen less and less.
>>
>>155562482
You know that he's internationally renowned, right?
>>
>>155564645
>You are just too young
I'm 28.
>since you like miyazaki
I don't "like Miyazaki", I like anime as a whole. I'm not a fanboy like you.
>>155564699
That's YOUR problem, it doesn't make the movie bad or good, retard.
Thankfully not everyone is ignorant like you.
>>155564704
I'm Italian and I live in the Alps and I tell you that even people who don't watch anime and think it's for children know who Miyazaki is.
>>
>>155565218
Must be a regional thing
People I've met and known think of Go Nagai or Akira Toriyama when anime comes up
Then Anno and Tomino
>>
>>155565218
>That's YOUR problem, it doesn't make the movie bad or good, retard.

So? What's your point? Or do you want to tell me a movie is objectively good because the majority thinks so? Guess what, any experience is subjective and people experiencing the same can come to different conclusions. That being said, a heavy-handed approach is usually considered a bad thing when it comes to telling stories. A good story doesn't need a character inside the story tell you what the intention of the author is.
>>
>>155565286
Nigger I've also lived in Milan.
Everyone and their mother know who Miyazaki is in Italy, his movies are in the theatres and on tv.
>>155565323
My point is that your, or his, critique is not a real critique.
The opinion of someone doesn't magically make a work good or bad.
>>
>>155565323
I don't think anyone's telling you to like his movies, just to stop being an antagonistic idiot. Like, you're gonna have to get over the fact that he's popular and most people like his movies. If I were to go somewhere people talk about movies and start calling everyone out for operating under the assumption that Orson Welles is good, I wouldn't right or wrong, I'd just be a jackass.
>>
>>155565286
People I've met and known think of Yu-Gi-Oh or Pokemon when anime comes up.
>>
>>155565474
This.

Also Orson Welles IS good, just like Miyazaki. Orson Welles literally changed the way movies were made, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>155565474
I said I enjoy them. The only thing I really dislike is him pushing a narrative that has no foundation in his works and that he needs to rely on plot devices to actually make it work.
Disliking a single or several aspects of a product doesn't mean 0/10. Also I have no problems with other people not caring as much about the aspects I personally dislike.
You have to learn that not everyone who disagrees with you is attacking you.
>>
>>155562482
To many Americans (and some other Westerners) he is a messianic figure for making negative comments about otaku and modern anime, neither of which he knows anything about (just like his disciples don't).
>>
>>155565859
>you are just too young and stupid to see reality but since you like Miyazaki that doesn't surprise at all
Among others. If these aren't you, then I apologize, that's who I'm aiming my comments at.
>>
>>155565919
I think his criticisms of the industry are irrelevant to the mainstream. That aside, not sure how he could not know anything given that he's been working in anime since 1963.
>>
>>155562482
He is a westaboo endorsed by Disney.
>>
>>155565919
All otaku secretly know he is right
>>
>>155565997
He's a westaboo? You know he's a big reason anime film broke away from the Disney pattern, right?
>>
>>155565980
>he's been working in anime since 1963

except he does mainsteam movies and not on cartoons that sell few thousands copies tops

it's a different world and he criticizes otaku aimed shows that they aren't disney enough when they literally can't afford to and there's no niche to fill
>>
>>155562482
Hayao "Everything that doesn´t try to be Disney is trash" Miyazaki.
>>
>>155565919
Miyazaki cherishes life, nature and planes, among other things. What he dislikes about the anime industry is that the people working there don't observe life and human beings to get inspiration for their projects. Instead, they look at other anime and mimick them. Which leads to the point where anime are usually as disconnected from the real world as the otakus who consume them.
>>
>>155565980
He stopped working on TV anime in the early 80s or so, and has been making movies in his Ghibli ivory tower ever since. The only way he'd be familiar with modern anime is if he watched it and also watched enough old anime to be able to make accurate comparisons. To be familiar with otaku culture he'd have to likewise immerse himself in otaku culture. There seems to be no reason to think he's done either of these things. Much like his disciples haven't.

>>155566043
>You know he's a big reason anime film broke away from the Disney pattern, right?
That was something that started with Astro Boy.
>>
>>155566047
Where has he ever said something like, "they're not Disney enough"? Actually, he's a big detractor of the industry for that exact reason, as it's so unfair to animators. If you actually read anything by him you'd see he's sympathetic.
>>
>>155566075
Yes, he says that. The problem is that he is wrong.
>>
>>155562482
He's been marketed well as a leftist/feminist in order to appeal to western film critics. People don't realize that he's actually just an otaku who loves planes and cute anime girls.
>>
>>155566117
How is he wrong?
>>
>>155565859
>The only thing I really dislike is him pushing a narrative that has no foundation in his works and that he needs to rely on plot devices to actually make it work.
And I told you this is not an objective problem, it's just a problem relative to you.
It's not a realistic movie, why is it so hard for you to accept that he wants to say what he wants to say? You are obsessed.

I feel like it's not necessary but if I wanted to respond to your void criticism I could say that in his works a positive attitude can have the strength to rectify a negative person or situation excatly because of the superior value of positive things that's finally recognized by the antagonist.

Again, you don't like this? Fine. But if you start saying that he can't write movies like this because you don't like them or because they have no logical ground you are retarded.
>>
>>155566087
Again, have you ever actually listened to him? I'd love to see you cite an interview where he behaves in the way you say he does.
>>
>>155566043
This doesn't mean he wasn't influenced by them. That's how art works. You copy someone and add your personal touch.
>>
>>155562482
>Watch a Miyazaki's movie
>The movie ends
>"That's it? Really?"

Everytime.
>>
>>155566075
This.
>>155566117
No, he's not.
>>
File: kurotowa.jpg (19KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
kurotowa.jpg
19KB, 426x240px
/a/ hates him because he rightfully hates moeshit as it is the bane of anime. And the faggots here can't cope with it
>>
>>155562482
fried chicken
>>
>>155566176
The only point of comparison between Miyazaki and Disney that I can think of is that their movies are well-made and popular. Why do you think he copied them?
>>
I bet you faggots haven't even seen Miyazaki's magnum opus.

>>155566226
They don't even realize Miyazaki is THE king of moe.
>>
>>155566152
He's stereotyping otaku as shut-in loners, even though they work professionally in various industries like anime and work together to produce doujin works, so obviously they're interacting with other people. Otaku are just the Japanese variant of nerds/geeks and are comprised of all kinds of people.

Late night anime doesn't consist of just stereotypical "otaku" anime, there's also shows like Orange, Rakugo, Amaama to Inazuma, Shirobako and Sakura Quest. Even those "otaku" anime can have real truths and observations in them. It's also really pretentious and narrow-minded to expect all anime to be based on reality.
>>
>>155566226
Miyazaki's own movies are full of girls, and "moeshit" is just a meme.
>>
>>155566226
I wish I had a/the source for it, but didn't he also dislike mecha because the protagonists operate machines they couldn't have possibly built themselves? Or something equally outlandish.
Some anon posted a bunch of quotes a while ago in a Miyazaki (or maybe Tezuka) thread, and those made him sound like he basically hates everything not made by himself.
>>
>>155566157
Nothing is an objective problem. For a circumstance to be identified as a problem, there needs to be an observer that is able to do exactly that. A problem is a subjective judgement of a given scenario.
A story doesn't need to be realistic, but it is considerend bad story telling if you are not able to convey what you mean to say through the story itself. Again, I have no problem with the message itself, just that he is unable to deliver said message without any kind of deus ex machina.
I also never said that he can't write movies like that. He obviously has and was quite successful with them. That doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.
>>
File: moe shows vs moeshit.png (3MB, 1232x1882px) Image search: [Google]
moe shows vs moeshit.png
3MB, 1232x1882px
>>155566298
>>155566347
Anime can be moe without being moeshit
>>
>>155566397
The only meaning moeshit has is "this anime has cute girls in it, or at least I think it does, and I don't like it." That covers a huge spectrum of anime, which is nevertheless claimed to be all the same because it's all moeshit you see.
>>
>>155566305
>He's stereotyping otaku as shut-in loners
He's not, though. His point, broken down to a single point would be is that anime characters don't reflect and resemble humans but other anime characters.
>>
>>155566425
That point is wrong too for reasons already stated.
>>
>>155566353
I'd recommend actually reading the interviews/writings that his quotes come from, context does wonders.
>>
>Dude anime is art lmao xD

Senile old faggot.
>>
>>155566423
Moeshit means vapid anime which has no appeal beyond being kawaii

Still better than haremshit and ecchishit though
>>
>>155566461
And what qualifies as "vapid anime which has no appeal beyond being kawaii"? Anything with cute girls in it.

>Still better than haremshit and ecchishit though
This is just the same memeshit.
>>
>>155566456
Yeah, that's why I wrote "make him sound like", and why I wanted a source for these claims.
But even if I found the thread in the archives, I'm not sure if one was given.
>>
>>155566461
All three of those is why I watch anime at all. Only retards expect
>muh serious
>>
>>155566448
No, you're missing it entirely. You can have your truths and complex topics but still have characters that are meant to be humans but aren't acting or behaving like one. Also, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean every anime that has ever existed and will exist in the feature. It was just a broadside against the industry as a whole.
>>
>>155566488
Also, this supposes that there is something wrong with watching something just because it's cute. But why should there be anything wrong with that?
>>
>>155566397
K-ON belongs on the left

>>155566488
Some anime with cute girls have intersting setting or themes
>>
>>155566506
Then you are a shit eater

>muh serious
Just because I have quality standards doesn't mean I want everything to be dark and serious
>>
>>155566489
A lot has been published in the books Starting/Turning Point, but you can probably try googling parts of the quote. Lots is available online.
>>
>>155566506
I bet you also think you have superior taste to Narutards and fujoshits
>>
>>155566530
Sounds like you're a normalfaggot.
>>
>>155566357
>Nothing is an objective problem
Wrong.
>For a circumstance to be identified as a problem, there needs to be an observer that is able to do exactly that. A problem is a subjective judgement of a given scenario.
Will a tree disappear if a person is not looking at it?
You are simply witnessing the problem, doesn't mean it wasn't there before you noticed. Also not every person will recognize a problem or some will think there's a problem where there isn't one.
>it is considerend bad story telling if you are not able to convey what you mean to say through the story itself. Again, I have no problem with the message itself, just that he is unable to deliver said message without any kind of deus ex machina.
Ever heard of fairy tales? Good is good and will always prevail? No?
>That doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.
The only thing we agree on.
>>155566423
First "moeshit" is not a real word, if you didn't notice. Second the term has come to have two meanings, the first one being the one you've mentioned, the second one being "bad moe", whatever that might be.
>>155566397
Never said moe is bad.
I've spent all the thread stating that there are only good anime or bad anime.
>>
>>155566568
Sounds like you have shit taste
>>
>>155566560
I don't think I'm superior to anybody. I just want my preferences enforced and not theirs.
>>
>>155566589
>I just want my preferences enforced
Because you are entitled
>>
>>155566585
Sounds like you need to go back to MAL
>>
>>155562482
anime start and finisher, the og
>>
File: otaku.jpg (601KB, 1800x1012px) Image search: [Google]
otaku.jpg
601KB, 1800x1012px
>>155566305
>Otaku are just the Japanese variant of nerds/geeks and are comprised of all kinds of people.
That's what otaku were in the 80's, they were educated, nerd, professionals. Nowadays it's not like this.
>>
>>155566568
>>155566605
>being this triggered
Stay classy, moeshitter
>>
>>155566604
No. Because I'm out for my interests. If I felt entitled I wouldn't care.

Lately though there's been a.m clear increase in outsiders who think anime should be the same kind of dogshit as western media, so they can show it to their normie friends.
>>
>>155566510
As I said earlier, late night anime isn't JUST "otaku" anime, and there's no reason why every anime should follow his ideals. Realism is not an intrinsically good thing and a lack of realism is not an intrinsically bad thing. Characters can also be realistic in some ways and unrealistic in others. The characters of Hidamari Sketch for instance aren't exactly like real people, but their behavior is not unrealistic either.

His complaints have no merit, people just like them because they support their own pre-conceptions.

>>155566519
According to who? Anything with cute girls in it can be called moeshit by someone. That's what moeshit boils down to: cute girls. Don't think that your favorite cute girl anime are somehow exempt, because they're not.

>>155566627
This image is cherry-picking, and the fabled otaku of the 80s were into cute girls, idols and porn too. They weren't all high-minded scifi fans who were Westerners in a previous life.
>>
>>155566636
Yeah, I'm triggered. God forbid someone experiences emotion around an autist like yourself, redditor-kun.
>>
File: nu weebs.png (84KB, 1351x454px) Image search: [Google]
nu weebs.png
84KB, 1351x454px
>>155566653
>Lately though there's been a.m clear increase in outsiders who think anime should be the same kind of dogshit as western media
Wrong, lately there has been an influx of shit eaters who think they are "otacool" for watching anime, playing Japanese games and having a waifu
>>
>>155566684
There's been an influx of both.
>>
>>155566458
>>155566506
>anime can't be art
You have to go back.
>>155566568
You are the non elitist normalfaggot.

Since when being a non elitist casual become the norm on /a/?
>>
>>155566673
God forbid anime tries to be actually ambitious and not just cheep entertainment for teenagers
>>
>>155566672
>This image is cherry-picking, and the fabled otaku of the 80s were into cute girls, idols and porn too. They weren't all high-minded scifi fans who were Westerners in a previous life.
Yeah, and all the cute girls shows and porn were better. Your point?
Look at Macross or Creamy Mami.
>idols
Anime otaku were never into real idols.
>>
>>155566684
Nice Reddit-made image there kiddo. Really supports your point.

>>155566697
Anime should not be art. /a/ was never elitist. If you want elitism go on MAL and read how SoLs are like totally intellectually insulting and how too much tits is a bad thing.
>>
>>155566709
>teenagers
You're projecting.
>>
>>155566673
>>155566757
Do you have any arguments aside from calling people who disagree with you reddit?
>>
>>155566787
Why are you under the impression that anybody's arguing with you?

Also thanks for confirming it.

>muh argewmints
Every fucking time kek
>>
>>155566757
>Anime should not be art. /a/ was never elitist
Hahaha what
Get out of here newfag
>>
>>155566575
>Wrong
Haha, oh wow. Sorry bud, but that is retarded. Tell me then, what is an objective problem? A problem is something that is in the way of achieving one's goal. A tree falling or not falling, hell, even the universe ceasing to exist isn't a problem as long as it doesn't contradicts what the observer wants to happen. The same situation, for example a tree falling can both be a problem and not be a problem, depending on how many observers are present and what their goals are. If you want to preserve that tree, that tree disappearing is a problem. If you want that tree gone because you want to build something there, the tree disappearing is crucial to get to where you want.
Without any observers, a falling tree is just that, a tree that falls down. It's a process without neither meaninig nor intention. There's no one there to pass judgement on the situation.
>>
File: weeaboo5.png (299KB, 936x2448px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo5.png
299KB, 936x2448px
4chan used to make fun of stupid weebs.

You are all a bunch of cancerous newfags.

>>155566684
This, whitout the "le" meme.
>>
>>155566757
Spotted the nu-weeb
Shouldn't you be in reddit zero or Saekano thread?
>>
>>155566750
>Your point?
I just said what my point was:
>The fabled otaku of the 80s were into cute girls, idols and porn too. They weren't all high-minded scifi fans who were Westerners in a previous life.

>Anime otaku were never into real idols.
There's no reason why someone can't watch anime and be into idols, and the whole concept of idols comes from real life anyway.

>>155566757
>Anime should not be art.
It's not a matter of should or shouldn't. It IS art.
>>
>>155566832
Can you stop posting your retarded Reddit comics? It's blatantly transparent that you're the same person.
>>
>>155566305
But otakus are shut-in loners. Just because they make few porn comics together doesn't mean they have a normal and healthy social life.

I think what he's trying to say is that anime is being reduced to escapism for shut in otakus. You can argue that al fictions are escapism, but really, just look at how much isekai and harem and other shits are around. Most anime are being produced so these otakus can feel good about themselves, and limiting themselves to that.
>>
@155566814
Oh, so you aren't ashamed of resorting to lazy name calling?
you don't deserve another reply from me.
>>
>>155566859
Nah, it's not art. It's entertainment.
>>
>>155566865
>Reddit comics
That comic has been posted here before you came here newcunt
>>
>>155566552
Found it. The quote was:
>In Japan today, animated TV shows filled with all kinds of fancy, robotlike ,mechanical creations are all the rage. I have certainly drawn lots of mecha, or mechanical things, myself. but the general theme in currently popular shows seems to be that the protagonist jumps on a giant machine he couldn’t possible have created on his own, battles the enemy in it, and then boasts about winning. I frankly hate these kind of shows.
The following bit makes it clearer:
>I don’t care what types of robots are featured. For me, in a truly successful mecha show the protagonist should struggle to build his own machine, he should fix it when it breaks down, and he should have to operate it himself.
I guess that's not an outrageous opinion to have, though "hating" shows tht don't do this seems a bit much.
>>
>>155566879
>@
I'm not calling anyone names. I'm telling you to fuck off back where you belong.
>>
ITT: Weebs prove Miyazaki right
>>
@155566921
you won't tell others where to go newshit.
>>
>>155566672
It's not about realism, friendo. It's about depth. Anime characters are more often than not but not always facsimiles of human beings, modified to appeal to a specific taste, streamlined assembly line products ready for consumption instead of living, breathing creatures that have their own goals.
>>
>>155566900
I really doubt it. Also the sign of newfaggotry is posting shit that's been taken over by normals years ago, not saving one picture and then coming back years later to post it.
>>
>>155566890
>it's not art. It's entertainment
Why not both
>>
>>155566960
Damn you're autistic
>>
>>155566903
Right, but now it becomes a rationalized statement of personal opinion, instead of the attack on otaku culture or whatever people like to make it out to be.
>>
>>155566878
>But otakus are shut-in loners.
They are not. That was the entire point.

>Just because they make few porn comics together doesn't mean they have a normal and healthy social life.
They also make music, games and anime, and my point was that people can't be shut-in loners if they have jobs or work together on projects.

It's just pure dogma that otaku necessarily must be socially dysfunctional shut-in loners. There's no reason why that would be true.

>I think what he's trying to say is that anime is being reduced to escapism for shut in otakus.
It isn't, and if you actually watched anime you'd know that.

>>155566890
Anime is a combination of filmmaking, drawing and painting that's used for the same purposes as live action cinema, which everyone agrees is art.

>>155566958
>Anime characters are more often than not but not always facsimiles of human beings, modified to appeal to a specific taste, streamlined assembly line products ready for consumption instead of living, breathing creatures that have their own goals.
This is all wrong.

I wish people spent less time writing these inane theories on what they think anime is like and more time actually watching it. I wish watching anime was something that people in anime communities normally did.
>>
>>155566945
>uses @
>doesn't deny he's from reddit
>calls me newshit

Convincing.

>>155566958
Good. Fuck real humans, if I wanted one, I'd go outside.
>>
File: weeaboo4.png (303KB, 936x3168px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo4.png
303KB, 936x3168px
>>155566757
Elitism has nothing to do with not liking tits, you stupid newfag.

You have to go back, cancer.
>>155566865
That's original 4chan content, newfag. Or are you a troll?
>>155566859
>>The fabled otaku of the 80s were into cute girls, idols and porn too
And? No one stated the opposite. I said that otaku now are not what they used to be.
Anime otaku are not interested in idols.

I feel like this thread is filled with shitposting trolls, people can't really be this stupid.
>>
>>155566994
>everyone agrees
Well that fucking convinced me. You sure you on the right site?
>>
>>155566890
Promoting mediocrity is a fine way to kill a medium.

The problem here is that you're limiting the entirety of anime to your perspectives and ideals. Anime is a form of entertainment. That will never change, but that doesn't mean the medium as whole is devoid of artistic qualities or potential. Art can be entertaining. Old Greek plays and stories are arguably entertainments, but would you say that none of them are arts because it's entertaining?
>>
>>155566999
>implying you actually go outside
>>
>>155567001
>And? No one stated the opposite. I said that otaku now are not what they used to be.
So you agree that otaku in the 80s were the same as now, except that otaku now are not what they used to be? Huh?

>Anime otaku are not interested in idols.
As I already said, the two are not mutually exclusive and idols came from real life in the first place. Also, I wasn't talking about only real idols.

>I feel like this thread is filled with shitposting trolls, people can't really be this stupid.
How am I shiposting? How am I a troll?

>>155567024
What are you talking about?
>>
>>155566903
I understand where he's coming from. I still don't agree with him, the magic of animation is that you can bend the rules of reality to create content that couldn't be created in another way.

Take Gurren Lagann as an example. Say what you want but it's entertaining to watch people fight in space with robots of the size of a galaxy.
>>
>>155566994
>This is all wrong.

It's not. Again, not even Memezaki himself is saying that every single anime is like that. But if you look at many, many shows, this is true. Not all, but many. Nobody behaves like that. Even if you have interesting characters, they usually get injected with tropes and pressed into a pattern to make them more like the other anime characters out there.
>>
>>155567001
m8 just because you're reposting decades old shit that various normalfaggot websites stole before you even came here doesn't mean you don't have to go back to Gaia or whatever the fuck

>>155567046
I'd rather kill it then.
>>
>>155567001
Give up, this board is full of too many braindead idiots who think anime is just for jerking off to.
>>
>>155567054
I wasn't implying that actually. Learn to read fucktard.
>>
>>155566305
The thing is that the climate in the 70's while still seing themselves strictly as professional in their attempt to surpass the previous generation took up a certain the doing it for the art attitude. The creators that grew up obsessed with those people and their workof thought "We can be artists too" and made works that reflected their own vision of the world. They identified themselves as "fans" and prided themselves on it. They saw themselves as artists and wanted to share their pride. This resonated with a specific part of the audience that like them was the obsessive fandom. It told them that being an obsessive fan was something to be proud of. "Otaku can be artists too. Otaku can create art for otaku." If you were an obsessive fan of something that was enough to make you an artist, being an obsessive fan of something was a good enough excuse to create content about it. In this process the whole doing it for the art thing was lost.
>>
>>155567090
>It's not.
It is, but I guess since you don't actually watch anime you wouldn't know that.

>Even if you have interesting characters, they usually get injected with tropes and pressed into a pattern to make them more like the other anime characters out there.
Everything is a trope, therefore nothing is. The patterns are almost always something that "viewers" like you force characters into. You are also assuming that every anime has to follow the conventions of Western high drama.
>>
>>155566994
But then otakus who produce cool shits are too far and between. Most of them happens to be someone professional or tries to be one in their field who happens to like anime.

You can't say things like "otakus aren't shut in" without being every single otakus in this world, and many otakus proved themselves to be shit in hikikomori NEETs surviving of off their parents.
>>
>>155567092
No. It's also for moe, meme character archetypes, bubblegum pop music and reaction images.
>>
>>155567110
Aren't you ashed of being a disappointment to your parents?
>>
>>155567088
But why would you bend the rules of reality to make something much simpler like reality? Unless it serves the narrative or whatever, of course.
>>
>>155567125
Good. Fuck art.
>>
>>155567091
Stop embarrassing yourself newfag
>>
>>155567142
Because simplicity is predictability and thus comfort.
>>
>>155567091
>I'd rather kill it
Not an argument

What makes you so wise and thoughtful that anything you say is right and the whole anime industry should revolve around you?
>>
>>155567125
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

>>155567131
>But then otakus who produce cool shits are too far and between.
I don't see how.

>You can't say things like "otakus aren't shut in" without being every single otakus in this world,
But you can somehow say the opposite?

>many otakus proved themselves to be shit in hikikomori NEETs surviving of off their parents.
I never said otaku are a monolithic group.
>>
>>155567091
>>155567158
>being this anti-intellectual
>>
>>155567162
Or what? You're gonna post more pre-Boxy maymays that you found on r/memes when you were 15?

Fuck off.
>>
>>155567088
Gurren Lagann, to use your example, isn't quite the type of show he's criticising, I don't think. It has that human component where, instead of being a braggadocios showcase of how cool robots are, it's Simon's confidence and will to succeed that win the fights.
>>
>>155567196
Do you think being otaku is cool? Yes or no.
>>
>>155567198
Intellectuals are just idea peddlers. They're scum of the highest order.
>>
>>155566986
If you misconstrue it, you can read whatever you want into it, e.g. "he hates mecha, I like mecha, therefore he hates me/otaku".
But of course that's dishonest, much like the use of this quote to make him seem like an old coot who basically hates everything and therefore his opinions irrelevant.
>>
>>155567242
>Yes or no.
No, we are not playing this game.

Being an otaku may or may not be cool.
>>
>>155567226
Good job proving his point
>>
>>155567127
>You are also assuming that every anime has to follow the conventions of Western high drama

No. I don't want a perfectly choreographed drama with perfect timing and execution. But I do want characters that could fool me into believing that they actually might exist somewhere. I don't want a main character and I don't want a love interest, for example. I don't want a character that is written just to serve a specific role. The characters should write the story, that's all I want.
>>
File: weeaboo6.png (385KB, 1080x4153px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo6.png
385KB, 1080x4153px
>>155567058
>How am I shiposting? How am I a troll?
Who said I was talking about you?

I mean that otaku now aren't educated and aren't professionals anymore.

>I wasn't talking about only real idols
Nigga, I cited two idol shows myself.
>>155567091
I saved them all on 4chan long ago. Stop projecting, newfag.
>>155567092
I can't.
>>
>>155567251
>NEET otaku calling others scum
Have some self-awareness, holy shit
>>
>>155567242
Of course not. And neither should it be lest we have fags wanting anime to be art.
>>
>>155567253
Exactly, that narrative is really frustrating for me, as a fan of his.
>>
>>155567275
>But I do want characters that could fool me into believing that they actually might exist somewhere.
Then you're either going to have to limit yourself to very few anime or just stop watching altogether.

>>155567277
>Who said I was talking about you?
You said it right after responding to me.

>I mean that otaku now aren't educated and aren't professionals anymore.
So an otaku who graduates from art school and works in the anime industry is not educated and not a professional?

>Nigga, I cited two idol shows myself.
Then what's the problem?
>>
>>155567270
Thanks for making a shitpost
>>155567277
No you didn't. You're just a faggot outsider pretender.
>>155567294
Project more kiddo.
>>
>>155567275
I hope fags like you get purged some day.
>>
>>155567187
But then you'd only need to tell a simple story and not have one-dimensional characters. Sherlock Holmes was something that did this mostly right.
>>
>>155567344
>dude if you don't like shitty otaku pandering trash you're gay
Kill yourself
>>
>>155567356
No. Why have complex characters when I can have ones that pander to me, sexually or otherwise?
>>
>>155567376
>otaku pandering trash
This doesn't exist.
>>
>>155567324
Why are you still replying? If you don;t have anything to add to the conversation and are just gonna throw buzzwords and insults then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>155567142
Because you can? Animation lets you do whatever you want.
>>155567230
Yeah, who knows what he thinks about it, it's definitely not a physical robot which Simon has built with the sweat of his hands.
>>
>>155567376
>>155567401

Eat shit redditors.
>>
>>155562482
miyazaki is like a brand
it's kind of the same with spielberg or cameron it's a household name and you know what you're getting in a film from them
>>
>>155567394
t. braindead otaku
>>
>>155567413
Kill yourself
>>
>>155567321
>Then you're either going to have to limit yourself to very few anime or just stop watching altogether.
Not really. There are glimpses of what I want every now and then and that's usually enough to keep me interested.
>>155567344
I bet you wish you would get an upvote for that.
>>
>>155567417
Pandering is just narcissistic projection on your part. "I don't like this, therefore the creators were pandering."
>>
This thread is really interesting, people are actually trying to have a conversation while 3 autsts screech at each other.
>>
>>155567405
I think his concerns were less about protagonists literally having built the robot, and more about it being a sort of wish-fulfillment fantasy disconnected from any "human" aspect. That's a kind of underlying theme in his critique.
>>
File: autist bingo.png (147KB, 1110x1174px) Image search: [Google]
autist bingo.png
147KB, 1110x1174px
>>155567413
>>155567324
God, you're pathetic
>>
File: cantcomprehend.jpg (70KB, 520x718px) Image search: [Google]
cantcomprehend.jpg
70KB, 520x718px
>>155567394
>nobody creates stuff that specifically panders to one of the larger parts of the target audience
>>
>>155567449
>Not really. There are glimpses of what I want every now and then and that's usually enough to keep me interested.
"Glimpses of what I want every now and then" means the same thing as "very few anime."

>>155567495
Again, this is just narcissistic projection on your part. You don't like something and so you think the creators couldn't possibly like it either.
>>
File: weeaboo.jpg (378KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo.jpg
378KB, 936x936px
>>155567321
>You said it right after responding to me.
It was another paragraph aimed at those people.
>>155567324
>No you didn't. You're just a faggot outsider pretender.
Yes, I did. Stop projecting.
>>
>>155567449
Of course, because it's me who's a retard elitist, not the fags trying to push their retarded redditor and MAL views of good anime on everyone else.
>>
>>155567196
>I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
That art made by otaku nowadays is not art.
Artists in the 60's and 70's were motivated by trying to create something that surpassed the technical aspects of the medium.
Artists of the of the 80's and 90's strove for genuine self expression.
Nowadays everything about the industry is a mastrubatory exercise.
>>
>>155567393
Because deep down you actually want that.
>>155567405
>Animation lets you do whatever you want
Exactly that's why it carries an obligation to make it the best it could possibly be. If I could have it my way, at least.
>>
>>155567493
Cry more outsider scum
>>
>>155567577
You're projecting again.

Tits and Moe > Art
>>
>>155567567
>That art made by otaku nowadays is not art.
Of course it is.

>Nowadays everything about the industry is a mastrubatory exercise.
No it isn't.
>>
I have never understood why everyone got a hard on for this guy. His movies are mediocre, formulaic and therefore predictable. All of them are boring as hell.

Why does his opinion matter?
>>
>>155567567
"Masturbatory" sounds good to me.
>>
>>155567478
Then he used some very specific words for a generic concept.
>>155567457
Not him but it's not hard to be able to tell something is fanservice even when you like it.
>>
>>155567579
I give up, I don't have more time to waste with braindead morons like you
I'm going to watch some anime now.
>>
>>155567632
"Fanservice" is not pandering either, unless you can prove that's what the creators were doing.
>>
>>155567638
Good. And stay out.
>>
>>155567532
>"Glimpses of what I want every now and then" means the same thing as "very few anime."
Oh well.
>>155567551
Actually you're just retarded.
>>
>>155567603
You just don't know what you want, anon. Here, let me show you the way.
>>
>>155567579
Keep proving his point.
>>
>>155567651
>"Fanservice" is not pandering either
Doesn't the word "fanservice" mean exactly that? Unless you forgot what it means and read it as "T&A".
>>
>>155567603
Tits are art.
Except your mum's, that's probably why you're confused.

>waaahhhh he's not a retarded drone who only wants fanservice therefore he doesn't want naked girls in anime
As always, for /a/ things can only be either black or white. Why are there so many ignorant idiots?
>>
>>155567715
>T&A
Has there ever been a more reliable indicator or redditry?
>>
>>155567603
Grow up
>>
>>155567715
"Fanservice" is a misnomer to begin with. Sexuality in manga and anime etc. is normal in Japan and there is really no distinction between fans and creators, so it's not the case that sexuality only exists to "service" or "pander" to the fans.
>>
>>155567727
Because you should go back and take your le funni quips xD with you
>>
>>155567603
You don't know what projecting means retard
>>
>>155567735
>anons telling me what reddit is like
I would not know because I don't frequent reddit.
>>
>>155567457
I can like something and think it was pandering or dislike something and think it wasn't pandering. Where does that fit in your theory?
>>
>>155567739
That's rich coming from a teenage redditcuck
>>
>>155566653
>>155567324
>>155567579
>this retarded obvious newfag is calling others outsiders
Top kek
>>
>>155567751
Keep in mind that everything that happens in a fictional work is entirely intentional.
>>
>>155562482
Even my fucking dad liked Spirited Away.

Not 'murican, of course.
>>
>>155567735
>redditry
>>155567791
>redditcuck
Jesus Fucking Christ, this is not even human language anymore.

>>155567761
Holy shit, you're mad
>>
>>155567785
Even if you are a special snowflake, you still have to prove that pandering occured.

>>155567798
What about it?
>>
>>155567771
There's so many of them here, it's hard not to learn.
>>
File: 1486321510861.jpg (122KB, 457x459px) Image search: [Google]
1486321510861.jpg
122KB, 457x459px
>>155567735
>redditry
>>
>>155567817
I am mad yes. Does that confuse a retarded sperg like you?
>>
>>155566960
>>155566865
fucking kill yourself nigger
>>
>>155567849
Why? You saying it's okay to be a redditor, redditor-kun?
>>
>>155567864
Or what? You gonna downvote me?
>>
>>155567651
Yes, it is.
If you read To Love Ru there can be no fanservice because the "story" is a vehicle for erotism but if you read something like Death Note and suddenly L washes Kira's feet then you can immediately tell it's fanservice.
>>
>>155563136
> You don't like his movies? Fine. But if you go around saying Miyazaki is shit you're stupid.

exactly.
>>
File: 1451011024925.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451011024925.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>155567735
>redditry
Has autism gone too far?
>>
>>155567923
How do you know it's fanservice? How do you know the author didn't include that scene because he wanted to? Why are you even assuming fanservice in manga and anime, where sexuality is normalized?
>>
>>155567751
Fanservice is not only about sex. Anything that was put in with the sole purpose to please fans is fanservice. Fanservice is not bad per se. Originally it was just a nod of acknowledgement from the creator.
But when your entire production is only marketable and has no other assets than trying to please fans that doesn't make it very valuable.
>>
>>155567931
He's shit and he can eat shit. Can't keep whining about otaku with his faggot mouth full of it.
>>
>>155567822
>What about it?
That behind every frame there's a meaning to be found. You can never tell for sure what exactly the intention was because you can't look into the minds of the people who created the show, but usually it's not too hard to tell what it was.
>>
This thread has devolded into a cesspool of people calling everyone else names.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>155567958
>Fanservice is not only about sex.
Nobody actually believes this.

>>155567979
By default, anime has no fanservice. If you think something is fanservice you have to prove it.
>>
>>155567954
>How do you know it's fanservice? How do you know the author didn't include that scene because he wanted to?

That's not mutually exclusive, you know.
>>
>>155562695
>>155567975
Eat shit stupid otaku
>>
>>155567951
I think Reddit has gone too far.

>>155567958
>it's marketable
>it's not valuable

Literal retard detected.
>>
>>155568010
>Nobody actually believes this.
Yeah, I know that everyone here is underage.
>>
>>155568034
kek you mad

you mad otaku got this industry by the balls?
>>
>>155568028
By "wanted to" I obviously mean he (or she) included it for his own sake.
>>
>>155567975
there's a difference between not liking something and thinking it's worthless

making an opinion about someone's work based on his opinions is even more retarded.
>>
File: k-on-episode-1-51.jpg (31KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
k-on-episode-1-51.jpg
31KB, 360x270px
>>155567735
>redditry
>>
>>155568010
>By default, anime has no fanservice.
Neither the anime nor the team that creates it exists in a vacuum. Everything influences everything and the people doing the show might very well be happy to give their fans a treat every now and then.
>>
>>155568095
As I just said:
>By default, anime has no fanservice. If you think something is fanservice you have to prove it.
You want to accuse someone of fanservice? Then prove it.
>>
>>155568065
You're projecting again.

>>155568077
His works are shitty Western ripoffs. He's not even responsible for half the shit in """"his"""" works.
>>
>>155567954
>How do you know the author didn't include that scene because he wanted to?
And that would not make it fanservice because?
>>155567958
Exactly.
Take the Souls series or the Simpsons, they've become so self-referential that they're not good anymore. Or not as good as they used to be atleast, in the case of the Souls series.
>>
>>155568115
>His works are shitty Western ripoffs.
How?

>>155568122
>And that would not make it fanservice because?
Because it wasn't included just for the sake of the fans, but because the author himself liked it and wanted to put it in.
>>
>>155568076
Making others happy is not necessarily entirely altrusitic because most people like it when others are happy with what they're doing.
>>
File: 1376254395252.jpg (105KB, 859x755px) Image search: [Google]
1376254395252.jpg
105KB, 859x755px
>>155562482
>What do Americans see in this man the rest of the world doesn't?
Americans love his generic animated films. There's nothing particular that stands out about them. The animation, designs and stories are all so by the book that it doesn't offend casuals.

We've got a saying here in America: Miyazaki is Japanese Disney.
>>
>>155568161
God forbid the fans get what they want.
>>
>>155568189
God forbid that people include sexual content in a a work for reasons other than "servicing" fans or "pandering" to them.
>>
>>155568189
True art is not pandering, pandering kills artistic freedom.
>>
>>155562482
Colonel Sanders.
>>
>>155563136
>But if you go around saying Miyazaki is shit you're stupid
But it's shit though
>>
>>155568211
Yes. I want to not feel cucked. Sexuality should be thrown out unless it's for my amusement.
>>
>>155568112
Your definition of fanservice doesn't exist. The way our brains work won't allow you to do something that just benefits others and not yourself.
>>
>>155568227
Fuck art then and fuck your freedom.
>>
>>155568249
>cucked
Please get the fuck out of here
>>
>>155568249
Your amusement is not only irrelevant but also completely unknown to the industry.
>>
>>155563136
>we're specifically talking about Miyazaki here. You don't like his movies? Fine. But if you go around saying Miyazaki is shit you're stupid.

Miyazaki IS shit. He's the best example of someone who is really skilled at playing the industry (getting funding and publicity) while making very mediocre works artistically. He's a businessman more than an artist.
>>
>>155568280
After you.

>>155568281
I would beg to differ. My and others' amusement is what keeps the prole scum animators employed.
>>
>>155568272
I don't know what you're talking about anymore, but again: you want to accuse someone of fanservice? Then prove it. It's that simple. You make an accusation, you prove it.
>>
>>155568239
>>155568300
>you share a board with people like this
>>
>>155568310
Again, your amusement is irrelevant and unknown to the industry. You're random Westerner #3214868345. You don't matter.
>>
>>155568340
Yeah it's not like I buy shit. Nope.

Retard.
>>
>>155567979
>That behind every frame there's a meaning to be found.
At least for a work with good writing.
You are right but you're wasting time with these plebs.
>you have to prove it.
Facts prove themselves.
>>155568077
You are also right but the same as above applies.
>>155568161
>Because it wasn't included just for the sake of the fans, but because the author himself liked it and wanted to put it in.
Doesn't mean it's not fanservice, does it?
Fanservice is not a bad thing per se. Bad writing is a bad thing and randomly inserting fanservice in a story is bad writing.
I said L washing Kira's feet is fanservice, I didn't say it's bad writing. Considering how the scene happens just before L's death it's obvious it's there to symbolize how close these two people has grow and the duality of their relationship. Still I think it could have been done i another manner that didn't involve L to touch Kira's feet.
>>
>>155568337
It's disgusting to think /a/ has fallen so low that we have to share a board with Ghibli plebs.
>>
>>155568357
Your act of purchasing something does not communicate your personal concept of amusement to the industry. It only communicates that you bought something.
>>
>>155568337
Stop sharing it then and fuck off to MAL.
>>
>>155568337
>You share the board with people that have different opinions
Really makes you think
>>
>>155568379
Good. Means they know I buy a lot of smutty shit. I like that they know that.
>>
>>155568378
>>155568384
Fuck off to your waifubait circlejerk threads
>>155568391
Fuck off to /pol/

Fucking retards
>>
>>155565919
>is a WW2 plane otaku
>hates otaku
What did Miyazaki mean by this?
>>
>>155568424
No.
>>
>>155568373
>Doesn't mean it's not fanservice, does it?
Why is this so complicated for you people? I am obviously and clearly making a distinction here between doing something for the sake of others (fanservice) and doing something just because you personally like it.

If you want to accuse someone of fanservice, prove it. It's that simple.

>>155568409
You're just a statistic.

>>155568424
>waifubait
Doesn't exist.
>>
>>155568378
>>155568384
>hating Miyazaki while defending otaku pandering
You are subhuman
>>
>>155568450
Good. Statistics are nothing without datapoints like me.
>>
>>155568457
>otaku pandering
Doesn't exist.
>>
>>155568450
>moeshit doesn't exist
>otaku panderrng doesn't exist
>waifubait doesn't exist
Imagine being this deluded
>>
>>155568311
Why not turn this around? If you accuse someone of acting on their very own wishes and nothing else, you have to prove it.
>>
>>155568457
And you're a redditor, which is far fucking worse.
>>
>>155568473
I have no idea why you're still continuing this. Why did you ever even think in the first place that you, personally, as an individual, matter to the industry?

>>155568481
Imagine believing something exists just because people say it does.

>>155568492
I'm not "accusing" anyone of anything. There is nothing wrong or abormal about sexuality in anime.
>>
File: 1400666267527.jpg (284KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1400666267527.jpg
284KB, 1024x768px
>>155568239
>>155568300
>Miyazaki is bad meme

Jesus christ, when will it end?
>>
>>155568424
>Fuck off to /pol/
This is the people you share a board with
>>
>>155568481
Imagine thinking that those are bad.
>>
>>155568494
>you're a redditor
I am not, stop projecting retard
>>
>>155568424
>>155568457
>can only use ad hominem about waifushit
Dumbass, I have nothing to do with that. You're a fucking pleb.
>>
>>155568514
Miyazaki is a senile elitist retard with no value to him besides his name.
>>
>>155568450
> doing something for the sake of others
That's something you literally can not do. If you don't get anything out of it yourself, you won't do it.
>>
>>155568450
>I am obviously and clearly making a distinction here between doing something for the sake of others (fanservice) and doing something just because you personally like it.
I'm telling you they can be one and the same thing.
>>
>everything I disagree with is reddit!
Am I on /tv/?
>>
>>155568514
He's not bad, but the best movie by Ghibli wasn't by him and I haven't really enjoyed anything by him immensely. He's pretty much on the same level as Pixar and all things considered definitely overrated as one of the few anime-related people even known in the west.
>>
>>155568373
>>Because it wasn't included just for the sake of the fans, but because the author himself liked it and wanted to put it in.
>Doesn't mean it's not fanservice, does it?
Not that anon, but doesn't the word "fanservice" imply an intention to do something for someone else, i.e. the fan, to you?
There might be a case where an author legitimately thinks "putting in this scene of the main heroine bathing makes sense, because she will have X thoughts while relaxing in the bath. Yup, nothing about it". In that case the author possibly did not include this scene with fans in mind who like nudity, and then it isn't fanservice?
If it's about intention (which the word implies to me), then that one anon is technically correct about his claim that you have to prove it's fanservice in the first place. But maybe that's a pedantic view, I won't judge.
>>
>>155568538
>You're a fucking pleb
At least I'm not a retarded otaku like you
>>
>>155568583
Just because you're too retarded to actually spot redditors, doesn't mean others are.
>>
I like this Miyazaki hates moeshit meme.
This old faggot contributed and kick-started the whole trend with Kiki. He is also a confirmed pedophile. Kind of ironic that burgers are trying to use him to champion the anime is bad narrative.
>>
>>155568564
I'm not interested in your attempts at philosophy.

>>155568579
In such an instance there is no reason to call it fanservice, and in any case if you are saying someone is engaged in fanservice you must prove it.
>>
>>155568424
Considering this post is just a collection of angry buzzwords I'm assuming you're actually a Miyazaki shitter trying to give the defending side bad rep. That said, he's average at best.
>>
>>155568521
They are.
>>
>>155568660
Nah. They're the best things about anime.
>>
>>155568521
>>155568660
>>155568671
They don't exist.
>>
>>155568619
How the fuck can you be so obsessed?
How the fuck do you know so much about a site you never visited?
Kill yourself you autist
>>
>>155568510
>I'm not "accusing" anyone of anything
You don't have proof but you come to the conclusion that acting on their very own accord and nothing else is why they did it.
If you want to go into semantics, 'accusing' someone of fanservice makes no sense either because it's neither wrong nor illegal to do that.
>>
>>155568687
This normie is confused.
>>
>>155568680
You don't exist.
>>
>>155568619
Imbeciles like you who scream reddit at everything ruined this board more than actual redditors ever would
>>
>>155568702
>You don't have proof but you come to the conclusion that acting on their very own accord and nothing else is why they did it.
Again, sexuality is normal in anime and manga and similar media. Westerners exoticize and mystify it because they can't accept it.

>If you want to go into semantics, 'accusing' someone of fanservice makes no sense either because it's neither wrong nor illegal to do that.
Many people think it's wrong.
>>
>>155568717
>normie
Fuck off to /r9k/ scum
>>
>>155568754
This is not a joke. I am stating, with perfect seriousness, that those things don't exist. People only think they do.
>>
>>155568642
>I'm not interested in your attempts at philosophy.
Neither am I tbqh but you started it. You may not realize it but you forcing the 'prove it!' meme is what kickstarted this.
>>
>>155562482
He's the japanese version of walt disney
>>
>>155568115
>You're projecting again.
You keep using that word.
Are you implying that singular obsession with the superficial aspects of physical love is not an immature expression of sexual frustration frequently characteristic of puberecent males (and females)?
Or did you have some sort of deeper idea?
>>
>>155568757
That's not true. Besides, it's a temporary measure until they learn to behave.
>>
>>155568646
I get not liking his movies - different tastes and all that - but I really don't understand how you could look at anime, or animation as a whole, and say, yup, he's average at best. Like, that's just ignorant.
>>
>>155568803
>you started it
I most certainly did not.

>You may not realize it but you forcing the 'prove it!' meme is what kickstarted this.
It is not a meme. It's just that when you make an accusation you have to prove it.
>>
>>155568807
I did have a deeper idea - how about you fuck off back to MAL?
>>
>>155568680
>>155568795
They clearly do exist, you are just an ignorant retard
>>
>>155568821
>until they learn to behave
You mean conform to the groupthink

>>155568861
>Ad Hominem
You are clearly butthurt, stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>155568795
Don't expect people to take you seriously when you say ridiculous shit without backing it up.
>>
Just saw this thread in the catalog and thought, "I wonder how hard OP is samefagging his shitty bait thread"

>320 replies
>49 ips
>>
>>155567630
You are part of the problem.
You are like a person that buys modern art or likes buildings in the style of brutalism
>>
File: 1438539164315.webm (3MB, 886x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438539164315.webm
3MB, 886x480px
>>155568584
Pixar can't even make an animated movie, they're the cancer who's killing animation and you DARE to compare an animation god to them?

No, seriously, does /a/ not like animation or something?

Pixar can only dream to animate something like this.
>>155568546
Yeah, except his work.
>>155568598
>>155568579

>>155568642
You are wrong. Once a work has been put on paper, or whatever support, it no longer belongs to the artist and his intention doesn't matter anymore.
>you must prove it
Prove what? If something adds nothing to the story and is evidently added to please the reader then it's fanservice.
Did you even read the post I wrote about Death Note? >>155568373
You don't need any proof to say that that scene is fanservice because the meaning could have been conveyed in other ways that didn't involve fetishism.
>>
>>155568760
>Again, sexuality is normal in anime and manga and similar media. Westerners exoticize and mystify it because they can't accept it.
I wouldn't say sexuality itself is normal in anime and manga, but the way they portray sexuality in anime is certainly something that's considered normal.
>Many people think it's wrong.
Doesn't matter. There's no consensus that fanservice is inherently a bad thing.
>>
>>155562482
>wants anime to be about story telling and not corporate greed
>the only recent example of an anime made out of pure love was Kemono Friends and that shit is cgi garbage
I feel sorry for the dude.
>>
>>155568946
He's also shitposting on /m/ right now
>>>/m/15406409

He's outright refusing to prove any of his statements and is just getting really angry at everyone KEK
>>
>>155568928
They do need to conform yes. Maybe you're slightly less retarded than I thought.
>>
>>155562944
He didn't say that, just that his movies are well-liked generally, which is true. He didn't say anything about their quality.
Anon, don't you think you have a bit of a persecution complex? It's fine if you don't like his movies, no one really cares.
>>
>>155568823
Because there's a ton of people in the industry that do things better than he? Admittedly the movies are really pretty when they are not mixing 3D in them, but considering the insane movie budget and practically no time constraints they operate on this is more of a underlining on he being average, as people operating on so much less reach the same heights.
>>
>>155568953
Whatever faggot. I'm sure if you cry about it enough you'll change something kek
>>
>>155568953
Go to bed Paul Joseph Watson
>>
>>155569008
Well Nausicaa probably IS the greatest sci fi manga of all time.
What are your candidates?
>>
>>155568833
>I most certainly did not.
But you did. The way you try to define what fanservice is and what the alternative is is something that conflicts very heavily with how the world works.
>It is not a meme. It's just that when you make an accusation you have to prove it.
At his point it sadly is. I do understand where you are coming from, but you don't seem to quite understand what proof actually means.
>>
>>155569013
So /a/ is as much of a circlejerk as reddit then?
>>
>>155569034
Even if I were to agree that there are a ton who do it better, there's a thousand times that number who do it worse.
>>
>>155569008
Of course it's an /m/fag
>>
>>155569080
Sure. Maybe even more.
>>
>>155568877
>>155568941
>moeshit
It means "this anime has cute girls in it, and I don't like it. All moeshit is the same, and bad, even though an anime with cute girls in it could be any number of things."

>otaku pandering
Narcissistic projection, as stated earlier.

>waifubait
Narcissistic projection ("I don't like this, therefore the creators didn't like it either and were merely baiting"). Also misunderstands what a waifu is.

>>155568954
>Once a work has been put on paper, or whatever support, it no longer belongs to the artist and his intention doesn't matter anymore.
This also means you can't accuse an author of fanservice.

>If something adds nothing to the story and is evidently added to please the reader then it's fanservice.
Prove that it was added to pleaser the reader.

>You don't need any proof to say that that scene is fanservice because the meaning could have been conveyed in other ways that didn't involve fetishism.
This does not prove anything.

>>155568957
>Doesn't matter. There's no consensus that fanservice is inherently a bad thing.
Nowhere did I say a consensus has to exist, although the majority of Westerners hate "fanservice."

>>155569065
>But you did.
No. Don't try to drag me into your personal drama.

>The way you try to define what fanservice is and what the alternative is is something that conflicts very heavily with how the world works.
It does no such thing.

>At his point it sadly is.
How is it a meme to expect people to prove their accusations? Are courts a meme too?

>you don't seem to quite understand what proof actually means.
Based on what?
>>
>>155569101
Exactly
>>
>>155569092
No, he's not an /m/fag. He's just recently started shitposting on /m/ that Miyazaki is greater than all of our "mechashit". He's from Reddit or Tumblr, I'm pretty sure it's xPearse who is a well known shitposter on both /a/ and /m/.
>>
>>155569137
So? Are you going to fuck off now or what?
>>
>>155569116
>blah blah projection
Not an argument, fuck off
>>
>>155569173
Of course it's an argument. The fact that you find it inconvinient does not mean it isn't an argument.
>>
>>155567986
t. redditor
>>
>>155569116
>This does not prove anything.
You should learn to use your brain.
>>
>>155569165
No, I have been here for 6 years and don't feel like leaving yet.
>>
>>155569213
Of course you have. That's why you bitch about it being a circlejerk.

Fucking normalfaggot outsider scum.
>>
I hope he revitalizes Ghibli before he dies.
>>
File: 1489954869872.png (18KB, 167x191px) Image search: [Google]
1489954869872.png
18KB, 167x191px
>>155568954
>and you DARE to compare an animation god
It's people like this that make it really difficult to take the pro-Miyazaki side seriously.

That said, even some 80's films have better animation than Porco Rosso, not to mention that "animation quality" is pretty quantitative via fps. Comparing anything drawn and Pixar is a shit move on this regard as they naturally battle at different leagues. I'm guessing you have no idea what you are actually talking about and are actually referring to overall visuals which you have pretty obvious bias for.
>>
>>155569209
Your assertion that the meaning could have been conveyed in ways that don't fetishism does not in any way whatsoever prove that the author was engaged in fanservice.
>>
>>155569239
>hurr durr Fucking normalfaggot outsider scum
Oh, you are still hurling out the same insults like a raging autist? Fucking pathetic
>>
>>155569264
>"animation quality" is pretty quantitative via fps
Animation quality is not measured by FPS.
>>
>>155569294
Yes. And I'll keep doing it, redditor-kun.
>>
>>155569054
>Well Nausicaa probably IS the greatest sci fi manga of all time.

>greatest sci-fi manga of all time

>Hasn't read Akira
>Hasn't read FSS
>Hasn't read The Origin
>Hasn't read BLAME!
>Hasn't read Gunnm
>Hasn't read anything from Tezuka
>Hasn't read anything from Matsumoto
>Probably wasn't even born when any of these above works were written
>Probably only even read Nausicaa because Miyazaki's name was attached to it

Serious question, is this like the fifth manga you've ever read?
>>
>>155569239
Don't call me an outsider you retarded newshit
>>
>>155569264
I've been trying to stay out of this horrible argument but now I'm triggered; animation quality is NOT measured by frame count.
>>
>>155568161
>it wasn't included just for the sake of the fan
I also defined fanservice as "only for the sake of the fan" earlier but by that I meant that a particular element serves no other artistic or narrative purpose.
You or someone like you said earlier that there is virtually no distinction between creator and fan. If the creator works for their own enjoyment then including something just for fun is also fanservice. The assumption is that the fans would enjoy the work as much as the author does. That is why this sort of fanservice is often seen by fans as the author paying his respects to the viewer by sharing their interests.
If fans felt that the author included certain content just to please them while looking down on it they would feel disrespected.
>>
>>155569322
>Yes. And I'll keep doing it
Spoken like a true underage

Are you really not ashamed of having intellectual capacity of an ape?
>>
>>155569082
It's a tougher competition for top spots, anon. Of course it's also a matter of what you consider "average", as you mentioned I don't think anyone is using the actual averages as they are pretty much impossible to count in the topic in question, meaning Miyazaki is naturally closer to top than bottom. People are using the reference for "being average" the most high profile people, and I don't really think there's nothing wrong with that as I think that sort of comparison is more natural than digging people forgotten by history to create some kind of mathematical equation of being average, if this makes any sense.
>>
>>155569353
>If the creator works for their own enjoyment then including something just for fun is also fanservice.
No. Fanservice is when you include something for the sake of the fans.
>>
>>155569331
Or what, you're gonna throw some buzzwords you learned last week?
>>
>>155569362
Stay mad normalfaggot
>>
>>155569388
>you're gonna throw some buzzwords you learned last week
Ahahaha pot calling kettle black
>>
>>155569413
The only mad person here is you, you can't form A SINGLE coherent sentence without spouting buzzwords like an underaged newfag.
It's not even funny, just sad.
>>
>>155569382
>no distinction between creator and fan
>creator puts something in for creator
>due to the above, creator=fan
>not fanservice
Of course, you need not accept the premise that "there is no distinction between creator and fan".
>>
>>155569421
Except in your case they're all true
>>
I love how this thread has literally almost nothing to do with Miyazaki and is just a bunch of crying babies throwing poor insults at each other.
>>
>>155569299
>>155569347
I should probably have stated that fps is the only objectively quantitative trait of animation quality if that makes things clearer. Sorry I triggered you sakugafags.
>>
>>155569264
Pixar doesn't even "animate". They can't animate to save theur lives.

You compare CGI with a sequence of hand made drawings that need to be animated and you expect me not to get offended?
>>155569269
Why are you looking at teh author when you have the work? Look at that to understand something.
Why should you use a scene involving feet fetishism to convey all that? Give me a good reason that doesn't involve fanservice.
>>
>>155569380
Fair enough, then I misunderstood. I think the choice of language is misleading though, "average" isn't a good word for talking about tiny subsets unless explicitly stated.
>>
>>155569479
Sure thing, dumb newfag
>>
File: The-HobbitHFR.jpg (95KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
The-HobbitHFR.jpg
95KB, 500x330px
>>155569512
t. Peter Hackson
>>
>>155569548
Yeah it is a pretty fucking sure thing
>>
>>155569511
Miyazaki hate on /a/ is just a symptom of a deeper rooted illness.
>>
>>155569466
You are just trying to engage in bullshit trickery here and arbitrarily muddle things.

You are unable to accept sexuality in anime and manga as something normal and as just another element among others that authors add because they like it, so you try to spin it as "fanservice." That's all you're doing. Maybe you should just stick to Western media.

>Of course, you need not accept the premise that "there is no distinction between creator and fan".
I'm the one who posted that in the first place.

>>155569522
>Why are you looking at teh author when you have the work? Look at that to understand something.
If the author doesn't matter then you also can't accuse the author of engaging in fanservice.

>Why should you use a scene involving feet fetishism to convey all that? Give me a good reason that doesn't involve fanservice.
I am not the author and haven't even read or seen Death Note. If you are accusing the scene of being fanservice then prove it.
>>
>>155569511
Fuck off.
>>
>>155569563
Stop being a hypocrite retard
>>
>>155569593
Stop projecting.
>>
>>155569591
good job proving his point faggot
>>
>>155569591
You mad

>>155569620
You don't know what projecting means
>>
>>155569623
Good job repeating the same retarded gotcha shitpost a gorillion times, redditor-kun.
>>
>>155569511
It's funny, this thread is almost 400 posts and has achieved absolutely nothing
>>
>>155569657
I am mad, yes. Very observant.
>>
>>155569675
>Good job repeating the same retarded gotcha shitpost a gorillion times, /a/utist-kun.

>>155569705
Take your meds
>>
>>155569691
I defended Miyazaki's honour a while back, I'm satisfied.
>>
>>155569675
Oh, the irony
>>
>>155569573
I am not the anon you replied to. Admittedly, it's pedantic and possibly irrelevant to say that "author adds something because he likes it (for himself), and because he is a fan that means he added it for a fan (himself)", but it follows from your premise. It's not exactly wrong logically, is it?
Either way, I don't limit "fanservice" to nudity or sexuality, so I don't see where you get the other jazz from.
>>
>>155569522
>Pixar doesn't even "animate". They can't animate to save theur lives.
I think this is the part where I point out that I didn't mention Pixar because of the animation quality, but because they both produce somewhat popular children-oriented flicks that have a large cult following despite being pretty mediocre. They both represent their own categories of films that people like because they are socially acceptable to like. Miyazaki has pretty much the only anime with few exceptions you can mention without being labeled a weeb.
>>
>>155569723
Take a bullet MAL scum.
>>
>>155569116
>Nowhere did I say a consensus has to exist, although the majority of Westerners hate "fanservice."
You contradicted yourself in one and the same sentence. Impressive. If the majority of westerners would agree that fanservice is a bad thing, then that would be a consensus.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/consensus?s=t
>No. Don't try to drag me into your personal drama.
What? This has nothing to do with drama. You give words your own definition and then proceed to use them in the wrong context.
>How is it a meme to expect people to prove their accusations? Are courts a meme too?
It's a meme because you use it in the wrong context. We're not in a court and a court isn't responsible to determine what exactly you or someone else thought at a specific point in time.
>Based on what?
Based on the fact you don't know what you are talking about. You claim that fanservice is something that can't be the author's wish because if it is the author's wish to include something, it isn't fanservice. That's a fallacy my friend.
>>
>>155569725
But most of the thread is still convinced he is shit?
>>
>>155569793
One step at a time, anon.
>>
>>155569767
You first butthurt sperglord
>>
>>155569522
For a person that aggressively shits on Pixar, being hand animated or not, at least their films aren't mostly just stills or wobbly lines barely in perspective. There's nothing wrong in liking that and respecting how it's hard to make, but don't assume that translates to quality.
>>
>>155569777
>You contradicted yourself in one and the same sentence. Impressive.
No. I said consensus doesn't have to exist, and then I said most Westerners don't like fanservice. There is no contradiction there whatsoever.

>What? This has nothing to do with drama. You give words your own definition and then proceed to use them in the wrong context.
I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.

>It's a meme because you use it in the wrong context.
There is nothing wrong about it whatsoever.

>Based on the fact you don't know what you are talking about.
But I do.

>You claim that fanservice is something that can't be the author's wish because if it is the author's wish to include something, it isn't fanservice.
If the author adds something because he himself likes it, then it isn't fanservice. That's how it works.
>>
>>155569725
This honestly makes you seem that instead of defending the films in question you're just circlejerking over an idol.
>>
>>155565218
this
>>155564704
I'm italian too and I don't think a lot of pleople know who Go Nagai really is, they just have watched some of the stuff he made because it was on tv when they were kids. On the other hand most people i know at least have heard of Miyazaki and have watched one of his movies. There's also the misconception here that Ghibli=Miyazaki but it seems to happen everywhere
>>
>>155569864
I am convinced he is mentally ill.

>>155569869
Because he represents the old fashined way of making anime with passion and love.
>>
>>155569869
It doesn't matter to me how it seems, I'm just trying to get people to understand that the /a/ image of him is largely falsified.
>>
>>155569906
There's nothing old-fashioned about that.
>>
File: DSCN0279copy.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0279copy.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
>>155569326
Not only I've read almost all of them but I also bought almost all of them.
I didn't say Nausicaa is the best, I said it's a legit candidate.
>FSS
Lmao. Convoluted shit and waifubait with traps. And before you say that I'm trolling here's a picture that proves that I bought them.
>Akira
Possibly.
>The Origin
Gundam? Seriously?
>BLAME!
I prefer it to Nausicaa but I'd be a goddamn retard to call it the best sci-fi manga ever.
>Gunnm
Fair. I still believe Nausicaa is slightly more epic. Not "epic" as in the underage usage of the term.

I've only read a couple of sci-fi manga by Tezuka so I can't talk about this. Same for Matsumoto, only that one about rebels on a planet.

As far as I can tell, Nausicaa is still on top with Akira and Gunnm. All Otomo and Kon manga are good.
>>
>>155569864
All me :^)

>>155569906
Cry more normie
>>
>>155569958
>waifubait
Doesn't exist.
>>
I don't see how Miyazaki not sharing whatever pretentious melodrama /a/ considers the gold standard of directing makes his movies bad or not 'authentic anime'.
>>
>>155569862
>No. I said consensus doesn't have to exist, and then I said most Westerners don't like fanservice. There is no contradiction there whatsoever.
Read the definition of consensus, my friend. A consensus is reached as soon as the majority shares the same view. If a consensus doesn't exist, then a majority doesn't as well.
>If the author adds something because he himself likes it, then it isn't fanservice. That's how it works.
That's what I am talking about. Your definition of fanservice doesn't exist.
>>
>>155569992
>normie
Fuck off

>>155569995
Keep telling that to yourself
>>
>>155570024
>Read the definition of consensus, my friend.
I know what it means.

>A consensus is reached as soon as the majority shares the same view. If a consensus doesn't exist, then a majority doesn't as well.
What is your point?

>Your definition of fanservice doesn't exist.
It is the correct definition of it.

>>155570029
Something is not bait just because you don't like it, and you don't understand what a waifu is. Waifu is literally just wife, and has essentially the same meaning. A waifu is a character that you are, in a sense, married to. A waifu is not just any character, nor is the process of getting a waifu something that manga artists can control.
>>
>>155569573
>If the author doesn't matter then you also can't accuse the author of engaging in fanservice.
I'm accusing fanservice of being fanservice. Actually I'm not accusing anyone, I'm simply calling things with their name.
>If you are accusing the scene of being fanservice then prove it.
I already did. I proved that that scene is not essential to convey its meaning, therefore it's an intruse.
>>155569759
Who cares about that shit?
You don't even know the meaning of the word weeaboo.
>>155569843
It's always better to have flawed animation that some poor faggot had to draw rather than some soulless cgi garbage.
>>
>>155570103
>Waifu is literally just wife, and has essentially the same meaning
Meaning of words change idiot
>>
>>155570128
>I'm accusing fanservice of being fanservice.
What makes it fanservice? How do you know the author's intentions?

>I already did. I proved that that scene is not essential to convey its meaning, therefore it's an intruse.
That does not prove it's fanservice. This is completely illogical.

>>155570150
The meaning has not changed.
>>
>>155562482
>What do Americans see in this man the rest of the world doesn't?

most americans have no clue what studio ghibli even is.
>>
>>155570165
The thing is that the word waifu was not taken as seriously as it is now.
>>
>>155570029
Normies are not welcome here
>>
>>155570128
>It's always better to have flawed animation that some poor faggot had to draw rather than some soulless cgi garbage.
So you are defending something you yourself state to be flawed? Great arguing.
>>
>>155570226
Almost nobody takes it seriously (yet insist on using it anyway).
>>
Just delete this thread.
>>
>>155562482

He is the japanese Steven Spielberg
>>
>>155570231
Speak for yourself /r9k/
>>
>>155570103
>What is your point?
That you contradicted yourself. A consensus has to exist if you talk about the majority reaching a consensus.
>It is the correct definition of it.
No, the correct definition of it is a scene that the fans would like. What the author thinks or wants is irrelevant.
>>
>>155570302
Normies are not welcome here
>>
>>155570128
>Who cares about that shit?
About the reason why Miyazaki is popular? I think that's the entire point of this thread. What is it that you are even arguing for anymore?
>You don't even know the meaning of the word weeaboo.
How is this even transmitted from my post? I just stated that if you admit to watching anime other than what is socially acceptable, you are branded as weeaboo, whether it is the original and correct semantic meaning of a fucking meme that I didn't once even dig into.

Why are you this angry on an imageboard anyway?
>>
>>155569995
I can tell you haven't read Five Star Stories, then.

>hurr Nausicaa is shit I bet you only read 5 manga
>reply to the idiot
>get no response
Every single fucking time.
>>155570244
The flaw is what it makes it beautiful, just like with women.
>>155570165
>That does not prove it's fanservice. This is completely illogical.
Yes, it does. Nope, it's prefectly logical.
>>
>>155570246
>Almost nobody takes it seriously
That's where you're wrong kid

Have you ever gone to all these waifu and character worship threads?
>>
>>155570329
>just like with women
Get the fuck out of my imageboard normie
>>
>>155570199
speaking for non weeb family relatives. they adore this guy as if he is the sole and only creator of all anime's ever made. as if he is the only person they talk about when it comes to anime. they know about him, its as if they are experts on anime, there you go man. the actual truth and also why op is posting.
>>
>>155570329
Wow could you be any more of a normalfaggot
>>
>>155570231
>>155570313
>>155570352
Fuck off to /r9k/ you pathetic nu-male
>>
>>155570304
>A consensus has to exist if you talk about the majority reaching a consensus.
I never said a consensus doesn't exist. I was the one who said that most Westerners don't like fanservice. What are you talking about?

>No, the correct definition of it is a scene that the fans would like.
This is totally subjective. Fans could like or dislike anything for any reason.

>What the author thinks or wants is irrelevant.
Then you can't accuse the author of engaging in fanservice.

>>155570329
>I can tell you haven't read Five Star Stories, then.
I don't need to.

>Yes, it does.
How?

>>155570337
>kid
I'm older than you.

>Have you ever gone to all these waifu and character worship threads?
Yeah, and none of those people have a waifu.
>>
>>155570352
>>155570369
>triggered basement dwellers
Like pottery
>>
>>155570371
>redditor tries to use buzzwords he learned 2 days ago
>fails
>>
>>155570403
So? You saying this is a normalfaggot board? Come on. Admit you're a redditor.
>>
>>155570281
No?

Steven Spielberg is famous for having brought upon Hollywood the death of the authors, Miyazaki is an author himself.
>>155570319
I don't care if Miyazaki is popular because he's good. On the contrary it bothers me to no end that Shinkai is popular because he's a fucking hack.
I'm a fanboy of anime, not of Miyazaki or Shinkai.

If you're branded as a weeaboo is because you're obnoxious about it and don't have a life and think Japan is the best country ever, not just because you tell someone you watch an anime.
>>
>>155570353
This. If I ever mention there are better people in the industry to a person that's not deeply into anime I usually get a angry stare like I just insulted someone's mother. For many people Miyazaki represents the best anime has to offer, simply because they don't know of better. In western movie databases Miyazaki movies rank surprisingly high, while on databases dedicated to anime Miyazaki movies are never on the top (see Spirited Away). Now I don't argue that these databases are indicator of quality or objective or anything, just that it's an clear indicator on how people that watch more anime don't rank Miyazaki as high as people who watch practically no anime.

Miyazaki is literally the babby's first anime.
>>
>>155570417
>>155570447
Buzzwords!
>>
>>155570403
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>155570103
>It is the correct definition of it.
>correct definition
Did you take it off a dictionary or something.

You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that fanservice is by definition bad.
You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that fanservice is only about sexual content.
You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that we believe all sexual content is fanservice.

From this l can make two conclusions:
You think we are saying you are bad for enjoying works with sexual content.
You are projecting.
>>
>>155570369
>>155570352
The normalfaggot here is the one reading Five Star Stories while you don't even know who Nagano is, stupid newfags.
>>155570381
>How?
It's a extreme element which is not necessary to the story, which also happens to be a fetishism.
The very definition of fanservice.
>>
>>155570538
If you don't know what they mean, doesn't mean they're buzzwords MAL-kun
>>
>>155570329
Are you seriously trying to argue for animation quality with a reference to women? Miyazaki brings out the most retarded people.
>>
>>155570544
Anime board
>>
>>155570546
Five Star Stories is shit though.
>>
>>155570546
I don't see how that makes me the normalfag
>>
>>155570577
They have lost their meaning underaged shitposter
>>
>>155570545
>Did you take it off a dictionary or something.
I used logical reasoning to divine the correct meaning.

>You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that fanservice is by definition bad.
It has a mostly negative meaning.

>You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that fanservice is only about sexual content.
Nobody seriously think it means things other than sexual content. I don't know why you are pretending.

>You are mad because you are making the incorrect assumption that we believe all sexual content is fanservice.
That is what you seem to believe, yes.

>You think we are saying you are bad for enjoying works with sexual content.
This is the normal view in the Western anime community.

>You are projecting.
No.

>>155570546
>It's a extreme element which is not necessary to the story, which also happens to be a fetishism. The very definition of fanservice.
It's only fanservice if the author included it for the purpose of fanservice. Where's your proof he did that?
>>
>>155570635
No they haven't. For example you're a clear example of a normalfaggot who needs to fuck off back to plebbit
>>
>>155570381
>none of those people have a waifu
What do you mean by this
>>
>>155570675
People think that whatever character they're masturbating to or memeing about this week is their "waifu."
>>
>>155570673
Why? Because I disagree with you? Grow the fuck up you insufferable cunt
>>
>>155570579
>are you seriously using analogies taken from real life which is the source of inspiration for animation anyway? Not on my watch!
t. uneducated pleb
>>155570611
Yes, just what I said. Still it's definitely not what normalfags read, retard.
>>155570612
Because you call people normalfags when you don't even read manga or know what the fuck people are talking about when it comes to manga, still somehow you feel legitimated to post your worthless opinion about it without understanding that it outs you as a newfag.
Lurk 10 years before posting.
>>
>>155570710
This. Normies are too shallow to understand waifuism
>>
>>155570710
And is that better or worse?

>>155570729
>normies
Fuck off already you idiot
>>
>>155570672
>It's only fanservice if the author included it for the purpose of fanservice
Says only you.
>>
>>155570745
It's just not what a waifu is.

>>155570759
Says logical reasoning.
>>
>>155570725
>normalfaggots don't read manga

O im laffin

Fuck off, retard.

>>155570715
Because you post like one, behave like one and defend retarded normalfaggot opinions.
>>
>>155570673
And you're a clear example of a butthurt /a/utist that needs to jump from a window.
>>
>>155570725
>are you seriously using analogies taken from real life which is the source of inspiration for animation anyway? Not on my watch!
It's just that analogy isn't really even an argument and showcases you didn't actually have a comeback, not to mention using analogies to 3D women is something you really shouldn't do unless you want to be called out on being new or a normalfag. It's just common sense. Considering all this, I think you are defending Miyazaki because you haven't actually watched any other anime.
>>
>>155570775
Nah. You're gonna fuck off. Or stay and get your outsider opinions shat on until you're sick of it.

It's fine by me either way.
>>
>>155570774
>>155570801
You are not even hiding the fact you are butthurt, why should I take anything you say seriously?

Other people are actually trying to have a discussion here and you keep vomiting out the same tired buzzwords like you are mentally challenged.

YOU are the cancer that's killing /a/ and need to fuck off.
>>
>>155570672
>I used logical reasoning to divine the correct meaning.
Is one of the premises you make that fanservice is bad. By what logical reasoning did you come to the conclusion that fanservice is "bad".
If not what was the logical reasoning that through which you deduced the definition? I'd like to hear it.
>>
>>155570451
>I don't care if Miyazaki is popular because he's good.
Again, that is what the thread is all about. If you don't care about the topic of the thread, why are you even posting here? I cannot understand crusaders such as you.
>On the contrary it bothers me to no end that Shinkai is popular because he's a fucking hack.
Why are you drawing parallels to Shinkai anyway? You didn't even offer any explanation on why Shinkai is hack or Miyazaki good. I bet it annoys you that Shinkai has now officially beaten Miyazaki with the latest movie.
>If you're branded as a weeaboo is because you're obnoxious about it and don't have a life and think Japan is the best country ever, not just because you tell someone you watch an anime.
In an ideal scenario with open minded people. You'd be surprised how judgmental people can be of anime though.
>>
>>155570866
>Is one of the premises you make that fanservice is bad.
It's widely considered bad.

>If not what was the logical reasoning that through which you deduced the definition? I
I've been talking about this the entire thread.
>>
>>155570774
>>155570801
>this newfag scum is calling others outsiders
Your behaviour wouldn't be tolerated here even 5 years ago, stop making a retard out of yourself.
>>
>>155570511
This is pretty much the reason for Miyazaki's popularity. I don't understand why people keep sucking him here though.
>>
>>155570858
I'm the cancer that is killing outsider scum like you. Also
>person is experiencing emotion
>therefore I can't take what they say seriously

Congrats, you're a literal sperg
>>
>>155570774
>reading Naruto, One Piece and Bleach is reading manga!

I bet you also believe eating cheeseburgers at Mcdonalds is going to the restaurant.
>>155570792
>It's just that analogy isn't really even an argument
And? It wasn't meant to be, it's an analogy.
>>not to mention using analogies to 3D women is something you really shouldn't do unless you want to be called out on being new or a normalfag
It's actually the opposite. Old /a/ made ronery threads, retard.
>Considering all this, I think you are defending Miyazaki because you haven't actually watched any other anime.
So fucking delusional. The only thing you can come up with is that Miyazaki is bad because his movies are popular. Truly pathetic.
>>155570770
>Says logical reasoning.
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>155570914
L M A O

I've been here since 08. You gonna tell me what's not tolerated? Eat shit kiddo.
>>
>>155570947
>No, it doesn't.
Yes it does, and I've been demonstrating it throughout the thread.
>>
>>155570941
You are cancer that is shitting up this thread with your shitposts

Yeah, I'm sure you would totally win professional debates if you kept calling your opponent a retard

>can't form a coherent sentence in his rage
>calls others spergs
The only sperg here is you idiot
>>
>>155570947
I bet you stretch definitions to support your fucktarded points normie-kun
>>
>>155570965
>I've been here since 08
Cool story bro, and I am the British Queen
>>
>>155569958
Oh god, it's the autist from /m/ that argued that Nagano and Miyazaki were the one mangaka EVER to use A4 manuscripts even though he had absolutely no proof.
>>
>>155570982
Nobody is debating you m8. This isn't r/rationalism. I just want you to fuck off.
>>
>>155570965
>I've been here since 08
Lmao looks like you haven't learned anything then
Especially if you use words like cuck and normie unironically.

>>155571023
Yeah, I know you're just a fucktard who throws insults at others, you don't need to remind me that.
>>
>>155571007
Okay. Are you going to leave now?
>>
>>155570906
>widely considered
"Widely considered" is not a valid logical premise.
You are not bad for liking fanservice. Honest injun.Now go back to sleep, for God's sake.
>>
Ignore leafposters.
>>
>>155571055
No, I am not the one who has clear anger issues.

>>155571061
>leafposters
Fuck off /pol/shitter
>>
>>155571054
I'll use whatever words I feel like m8. If they make you butthurt, maybe you should fuck off to another website.
>>
>>155570903
>You'd be surprised how judgmental people can be of anime though.
I don't give a fuck because I'm not a weeaboo. I don't hide I watch anime so I would know how people are.
>I bet it annoys you that Shinkai has now officially beaten Miyazaki with the latest movie.
It annoys me that Shinkai succeeded, it doesn't bother me he made more movies than someone else. It's not a good thing for anime and that's all that matters to me.
>>155570968
No, you haven't.
>>155570989
The only thing I streched in this thread is your anus, judging from your reactions.
>>155571020
I don't post on /m/. Did someone use my picture?
>>
>>155570947
>It wasn't meant to be, it's an analogy.
So you really admit that instead of constructing an counterargument you just dropped the ball and threw a shit analogy?
>It's actually the opposite. Old /a/ made ronery threads, retard.
The memes were different but 3D has never been allowed here.
>So fucking delusional. The only thing you can come up with is that Miyazaki is bad because his movies are popular. Truly pathetic.
I've never said this though. I've never even said Miyazaki is bad. This is the worst strawman in a while, absolutely horrendous arguing anon. I've said that Miyazaki is popular because his movies are accessible and socially acceptable way of consuming anime. But you never apparently never read my posts, so this conversation kind of turned to shit, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>155571060
>"Widely considered" is not a valid logical premise.
I didn't say it's supposed to be a "valid logical premise." I just said it's widely considered bad. And it is.

>You are not bad for liking fanservice.
Where did I say I like it?

>>155571109
>No, you haven't.
Now you're just lying.
>>
>>155571089
You're the one who has the being a normalcuck from reddit issues though

>>155571109
That's a nice quip. Bet you get all the upvotes r/anime kun
>>
You can only post in this thread if you've watched at least 350 anime and read 100 manga.
>>
>>155571104
>I'll use whatever words I feel like
You shouldn't because it only makes you look like a complete retard.
Maybe you should fuck off to /pol/ or /b/ where you can talk like a child.
>>
>>155571131
And? This is /a/ you normalfaggot retard
>>
>>155562610
>>155565013
>Americans think they're the entire world
Every time.
>>
>>155571131
Autism doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>155571170
I think I'll talk like a child here. You on the other hand should go to a more mature website like Reddit
>>
>>155571151
>>155571176
Just because you are a raging autistic subhuman doesn't mean everyone here is you fucking idiot

I'm convinced you are just a troll at this point.
>>
>>155571109
>It annoys me that Shinkai succeeded, it doesn't bother me he made more movies than someone else.
I'm not sure I kind of understand what this sentence is trying to convey, but you do understand that even the latest Shinkai movie assraped everything Miyazaki has ever done, right?
>>
>>155571220
>dude all who disagree are trolls xD
You think I would put in this much effort if I was a troll?
>>
>>155571207
Ok, just don't expect anyone to take you seriously.
>>
>>155571180
Finland here, they show Miyazaki movies here in school so literally every child gets exposed from early years on. It's not just burger propaganda.
>>
>>155571255
I don't need redditcuck scum taking me seriously

I'd fucking filter you if I could
>>
>Every Ghibli thread ever
Just accept Miyazaki will never belong in /a/.
>>
>>155571254
>You think I would put in this much effort
Yeah because repeating "hurr dur fugg off outside normalfag reddit reddit ree" takes so much effort lmao

>>155571286
No person with half a brain would respect someone like you
>>
>>155571227
Why would I care? I don't rate anime, or any other medium; by how much money they make.

What bothers me is that a bad anime has become popular nad its consequences for the industry in the future.
>>
>>155571266
The anime section at my library is tiny,but has a lot of Ghibli.
>>
>>155571299
/a/utists are still mad at truth
>>
>>155571305
Good thing redditcucks are brainless then

Also of course it takes effort look at the poster/post ratio
Think I'd shitpost this hard if I didn't hate outsider scum like you?
>>
>>155571299
Miyazaki is a retarded hack.
>>
>>155571308
>I don't rate anime, or any other medium; by how much money they make
It's also critically acclaimed and tops every ranking site. It's not just the money: literally every aspect you can think of in the movie destroys Miyazaki.
>>
>>155571346
Your posts could literally be made by a word generator, you are just repeating the same words like a broken record.
>hate outsider scum like you
Holy fuck, the autism is still getting stronger

>>155571372
And you're a retarded contrarian
>>
>>155571390
>And you're a retarded contrarian
This thread hasn't had any content that'd prove the statement otherwise.
>>
>>155571151
>>155571176
>>155571193
>>155571207
>>155571254
>>155571286
>>155571346
I have never seen so many genuinely hateful and vile posts in my life, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>155571385
>It's also critically acclaimed
It's not, though. Literally no animation institute that matters has acknowledged it.
>>
>>155571390
>he gets triggered by autism
You're on /a/ normie-kun

Also I'm an impartial observer, not a contrarian. Sorry that it triggers your brainwashed ass.
>>
>>155571385
It just came out and is the first hit Shinkai has had. Way too soon to declare he is more successful than Miyazaki.

>>155571428
It's hateful and vile to state that autism doesn't mean anything? Really?
>>
>>155571428
You're still on /a/ is what's wrong with me you worthless fucking cunt
>>
>>155571457
>Way too soon to declare he is more successful than Miyazaki
But he already is, by every countable aspects. It's just your subjective opinion in which Miyazaki beats him. Opinion that ultimately amounts to nothing.
>>
>>155571431
>animation institute
Not that anon, but do these even exist? What is "critical acclaim" in anime anyway?
>>
>>155571506
Miyazaki has been making successful movies since the 1970s, broke the national box office record twice, won two Best Picture prizes, won an Oscar, won a Golden Lion, people have grown up watching him, and Ghibli has a museum dedicated to it.
>>
>>155571473
Fuck off retard, you will never convince me to leave
>>
File: DSCN1729.jpg (198KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1729.jpg
198KB, 600x600px
>>155569958
>Convoluted shit and waifubait with traps

As someone whose read the entire thing's scans up to volume 10, I can tell you right now that you're full of shit.

>And before you say that I'm trolling here's a picture that proves that I bought them.

So did I, look at this file that I can easily rename!

I also love how your pic is the Italian version.

>Gundam? Seriously?

Okay, yeah, you're retarded.
>>
>>155571563
I won't. I'm just a small piece of the puzzle. Someone else will though.

Leaving is not the only option either. You can also bend over and take the dick of our board culture like the bitch cuck you are.
>>
File: 1415379835252.jpg (582KB, 1400x2471px) Image search: [Google]
1415379835252.jpg
582KB, 1400x2471px
>>155571528
Lurk more.
>>
>62 posters
>517 replies

what the fuck happened?
>>
>>155571124
If you are admitting that at least one of your logical premises is wrong then you are admitting that your deduction is wrong. Your definition is wrong and fanservice is not inherently bad and even if it was you are not inherently bad for liking it.
You are bitter because people from your community reject you for being weeaboo. Then they are probably really projecting just like you because they just accept uninformed public opinion without questioning it and assume that being a weeaboo is bad and shameful. It's not bad and shameful and if you stop approaching all other people with the assumption that they are going to reject you for it they really are going to even if they don't really care.
Considering there is absolutely nothing inherently bad and wrong about being a weeaboo there is no reason that an average well-adjusted person shouldn't be able to learn to accept it. In the first place don't try to make being a misunderstood weeaboo a defining trait of your character because it makes you feel sorry for yourself.
>>
>>155571620
I am not a moron like you who needs to fit in, I actually can defend my opinion without sounding like a retard.
>>
File: tantrum.jpg (33KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
tantrum.jpg
33KB, 600x399px
>this thread
>>
>>155571628
Neat chart, I've never seen this before.
>>
>>155571604
>I also love how your pic is the Italian version.
I'm Italian, testina di cazzo.
Gundam fa cagare il cazzo.

I exaggerated but FSS is not on the same level as Nausicaa and the other two.
>>
>>155571663
>If you are admitting that at least one of your logical premises is wrong
I didn't admit any such thing.

>Your definition is wrong
It is not.

>fanservice is not inherently bad
It's widely considered bad.

>You are bitter because people from your community reject you for being weeaboo.
>etc.
You are confusing me with someone else. This stuff has nothing to do with me.
>>
>>155571632
I wrecked a normalfaggot thread. You're welcome.

>>155571677
>he expects to be debated in good faith

L M A O

Nice one kiddo
>>
>>155570725
>Yes, just what I said. Still it's definitely not what normalfags read, retard.

>It's shit but I bought half of it anyway

Convincing argument.
>>
>>155571559
How does that matter now that his movies are ranked worse and Shinkai is the new money-maker?
>>
>>155571754
>>It's shit but I bought half of it anyway
I actually bought all of it, the others aren't depicted.
I also enjoy things that aren't masterpieces, yeah, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>155571776
As I just said, Your Name just came out and is his first and so far only hit. It is too early to say anything.
>>
>>155571776
>ranked worse
In terms of what? Money-making?
>>
>>155571826
*"first and so far only" was a little redundant
>>
>>155571734
>I admit I'm the spic shitposter on /m/

Thanks for the confirmation.

>I exaggerated but FSS is not on the same level as Nausicaa

In what way? If you want to criticize something do it properly. I've read everything on that list and much more.

>Gundam fa cagare il cazzo.

Yeah, because the last thing we need is more of your kind, Luigi.
>>
>>155571628
>Berlin film festival ranked "god tier"
>No Oshii on the list
Otherwise pretty neat chart.
>>
>>155571826
It's not early to say Miyazaki is an old and busted hack.
>>
>>155571880
You seem upset.

Is this this the director equivalent of the studio wars between Kyoani and Shaft?
>>
>>155571898
I'm upset? You think so? You think that might be why I shitposted this thread into the ground?
>>
>>155569958
>And before you say that I'm trolling here's a picture that proves that I bought them.

>posts a pic that's been scanned from an actual photo
>dated from 2014

>>155571813
>I-I have the other's but won't take a picture of them b-baka!

Timestamp or gtfo
>>
>>155571898
Maybe, but I don't think anyone honestly praises Shinkai as he's pretty garbage tier. It's just that he's better than Miyazaki.
>>
>>155571776
>>155571628

>>155571872
It's not complete.
>>155571860
>spic
I'm Italian, not central american, and I don't post on /m/.
>In what way? If you want to criticize something do it properly. I've read everything on that list and much more.
I have my dick in one hand right now, not gonna happen.
>>
>>155571940
So what are you diagnosed with?
>>
>>155571813
>I also enjoy things that aren't masterpieces, yeah, what's wrong with that?
You sure got this part down if you enjoy Miyazaki.
>>
>530+ replies
Thanks /a/. You've taken some liberties representing my argument. But I'm glad you at least attempted to convey your feelings towards me.
>>
>>155571978
Nigger >>155571999
>I have my dick in one hand right now, not gonna happen.

Make a new thread.
>>
>>155572024
>I'm too busy taking cocks down my throat to prove my legitimacy

Don't worry, you never had any to begin with.
>>
>>155571742
>I didn't admit any such thing.
Did you not say "I didn't say it's supposed to be a "valid logical premise". Or are you saying that it is not a premise to your deduction? In this case you should have said so from the start. If it was not one of your premises then how did you come to the conclusion that fanserivce is bad?

See. Just look at this thread. People don't dislike you because you are a weeaboo. They dislike you because of your shitty personality. Does this make you feel a bit better?
>>
>>155566182
>sitting through a poorly shaded movie
>not even care for the story just the shading that he fails to understand despite having bigger budgets than any other studio around
>>
>>155572131
>If it was not one of your premises then how did you come to the conclusion that fanserivce is bad?
Again, it's generally regarded as bad. I already said this.

>People don't dislike you because you are a weeaboo.
Again, you are confusing me with someone else.
>>
>>155571742
>It's widely considered bad.
By who?
>>
>>155571753
What's wrong with normalfags again? They are the ones who carry the society, go to work and pay taxes that you live from while you watch chinese cartons, shitpost and masturbate from your mom's basement like the worthless roach you are.
>>
>>155572230
By many people. That's what "widely considered" means. Or were you expecting me to list names?
>>
>>155572016
No problem. Hope you've really gotten that "Fuck off back to MAL" message loud and clear.
>>
>>155567623
Exactly my reason for this thread
>>
>>155572241
>what is even wrong with normalfags
This is the state of /a/ now.
>>
>>155568173
but Disney movies are actually good (for the most part) shit like Tarzan, Alice in Wonderland and Lion King etc manages to be memorable despite being 'censored' or 'for kids' or 'misrepresenting the source material. Also those movies look a lot better. And not what I would call predictable at all
>>
>>155572291
Yeah this is the stat of /a/ when fucktards like you cant even bring up any convincing arguments and just shitpost in pure incoherent rage.
>>
>>155572177
>it's generally regarded as bad
So what?
>>
>>155568946
>>155569008
Other than the 3 replies on the end of this thread, the only 2 are on top of me. Whatever gets you going I guess. I just woke up
>>
>>155572325
>muh argewmints
Every time
>>
>>155572338
What are you even trying to argue about anymore?
>>
>>155572254
>>155572291
Why the fuck are you still here you degenerate mouthbreather?
>>
>>155572254
Not your safe space buddy.
>>
>>155572177
>generally regarded
You mean by obnoxious elitist wannabe normalfaggots?
>>
>>155572365
Cry more.

>>155572389
Pretty sure it is cucky
>>
>>155572392
English-speaking anime viewers.
>>
>>155572291
>>155572349
>/a/utists screech like monkeys repeating the same words over and over
>normalfags actually try to have meaningful civil dicussion
>they are the bad ones
really makes you think...

>>155572392
Better than oboxious degenerates like you
>>
>>155571999
>I'm Italian, not central american, and I don't post on /m/.

>btw I hate everything Gundam and want to make it loud and clear and have never ONCE shitposted on /m/!

Nice try, Mario.

>>In what way? If you want to criticize something do it properly. I've read everything on that list and much more.
>I have my dick in one hand right now, not gonna happen.

Is this your own admission of being a retard? It's more convincing of an argument than anything you've written in this entire thread so far.
>>
>>155572247
>Or were you expecting me to list names?
Actually yes, or at least some influential people whose word is worth anything. As long as you don't have even that, counterargument "no" has as much relevance as yours.
>>
>>155572425
Oh, so I'm right then?
>>
>>155572392
Anyone with decent taste unlike you

>>155572421
>cucky
Jesus fuck just stop
>>
>>155572357
You are making a big stupid fuss because you think people dislike you for who you are and what you like when in fact they dislike you because you act like an autistic retard.
Welcome to the world.
>>
>>155572428
If you don't like it here, feel free to fuck off to where you can have
>muh deep discussion

Otherwise stay and keep taking it like a faget
>>
>>155572477
The only autistic retard here is you
>>
>>155572421
No, it isn't. People are allowed to discuss anime on here.
>>
>>155572472
>muh taste
Bet you think our discussion isn't deep enough for you too, eh cuckboi?
>>
>>155572453
>Actually yes
I hope you are just pretending to be retarded.

>>155572477
For the third time: you are confusing me with someone else. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? I have no idea who you're talking about.
>>
>>155572107
>>155572437
What a couple of buffoons. Make a manga or a Miyazaki thread and I'll prove you wrong.
Or I'll make a manga thread with FSS as the OP.
>>
>>155572505
Of course they are. They're also allowed to shit on subhuman outsider scum like you.
>>
>>155572493
Just because mentally retarded imbeciles like you come here to shitpost and circlejerk does not mean everyone does

>>155572523
Why don't you fuck off already and go to your moeshit thread you retard?
>>
>>155572524
>I hope you are just pretending to be retarded.
Considering you failed to do what I asked, your argument amounts to nothing and I'm under no obligation to believe you. You might not care or consider this important, but I just wanted you to know this.
>>
>>155572477
Actually I hate you because you refuse to conform, not because I think you dislike me. Hell, I want you to dislike me.
>>
>>155572550
>Or I'll make a manga thread with FSS as the OP.

I don't even care about FSS you dumb nigger.

Prove that you actually own the manga instead of stealing some Italian guy's scanned picture before making any claims.
>>
>>155572551
Not your safe space my friend
>>
>>155572421
>>155572493
>>155572523
>>155572551
Who the fuck are you to decide what can be discussed here?
Stop acting like you own this place you entitled moron.
>>
>>155572578
>Considering you failed to do what I asked
Because what you asked for was retarded.

>I'm under no obligation to believe you
If you had some experience with English-speaking anime viewers you'd know that fanservice is held in poor regard.
>>
>>155572550
>Or I'll make a manga thread with FSS as the OP.

Good luck getting any replies.
>>
>>155572554
Like I would actually leave and allow some redditors to feel safe here. Nah.

Both me btw
>>
>>155572504
I might be. Why is this a problem?
>>
>>155572551
The only subhuman scum is you, you faggot NEET degenerate
>>
>>155572617
It is kiddo

>>155572619
Cry more and I'll consider it
>>
>>155572609
Look out for a manga thread, I'll post it.
>>155572648
Then I'll post it after the OP.
>>
>>155572653
Not your safe space my friend
>>
File: 1487497316643.png (161KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1487497316643.png
161KB, 303x303px
>>155572688
>>
>>155572664
kek

feel that anger boy
>>
>>155572688
The only crybaby is you
>>
>>155572524
>I have no idea who you're talking about.
Being in denial won't help you. What do you achive by being so negative?
>>
>>155572693
>Y-yeah I'll post it eventually and prove myself!

No dinner no dime.
>>
>>155572698
It is

>>155572736
Oh wow, that's harsh reddit-kun
>>
>>155572688
>>155572767
No it isn't
>>
>>155572748
You're actually confusing that poster with me

>redditor normalfaggots in charge of knowing how the website works

LMAO
>>
>>155572748
For the FOURTH time: you are confusing me with someone else. And I have no idea who.
>>
>>155572628
>Asking to back a point is considered retarded nowadays
Even if this English-speaking invisible anime expert crowd exists, are they people whose word is worth anything as I asked? Even if western population had large amount of these people who fit the criteria, why their word would be worth anything considering they most likely have no influence over anything anime related?
>>
>>155572693
You seriously need to make a new thread just to prove to someone that you own something? How pathetic can you get?
>>
>>155572608
What?
>>
>>155572813
>Asking to back a point is considered retarded nowadays
When someone says that something is widely believed, it is indeed rather retarded to ask them to list the names of all the people who believe it, especially when we're talking about millions of people.

I seriously hope this is just an act you're putting on because you're desperate.

>invisible anime expert crowd
Oh yeah, they sure are invisible. They aren't incredibly loud and obnoxious or anything.

> Even if western population had large amount of these people who fit the criteria, why their word would be worth anything considering they most likely have no influence over anything anime related?
How is this relevant? What are you even trying to argue?
>>
>>155572748
>>155572806
>>155572809
>>155572813
>>155572819
>>155572827
What the fuck are you imbeciles even talking about now?
>>
>>155572813
Of course they exist. Just look at this thread. We got all the fucking resident experts from Reddit in one thread.
>>
>>155572872
I am not an imbecile for telling him he is confusing me with someone else.
>>
>>155572895
Shut the fuck up already you dumb nigger
>>
>>155572872
Are you confused? Go take a nap kiddo
>>
>>155572910
Oh wow redditor-San said "nigger"

Shit must be serious
>>
>>155572895
>hurr durr everyone I disagree with is reddit hurr durr
Kys
>>
>>155572872
I admit I lost the thread of the conversation.
>>
>>155569958

No one said otherwise and yet you just had to make that claim just to sound the alarms. What are you hiding?
>>
File: P_20170407_192855.jpg (3MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170407_192855.jpg
3MB, 4096x3072px
>>155572819
>>155572761
Blow me, fags.
>>
>>155572958
Just because you can't tell who's from plebbit doesn't mean others can't you dumb newshit scum
>>
>>155572979
Kek >>155572981

I won.
>>
>>155572994
If you know so much about reddit why don;t you fuck off back there you retarded freak?
>>
>tfw killed a Reddit thread and didn't even get warned

AYY LMAO
>>
>>155572981
Now was that so hard? You could have saved us all thirty posts of your autistic denial had you posted this in the first place.
>>
>>155573014
After you r/anime_cuckolds-kun
>>
I just opened the catalog to /g/ and was greeted by the /a/ banner which says "/a/ was a mistake." It's like pottery.
>>
>>155572994
I have never used reddit you braindead imbecile, stop making acomplete idiot out of yourself

>>155573028
You deserve to get murdered, fucking suhuman filth
>>
>>155573071
Go back.

>>155573074
kek

Or what
You're gonna impotently deny that you're an outsider some more?

Oh no!
>>
>>155573012
>I won.

What did you win? Are you proud of being absolute garbage when it comes to validating your own opinions?
>>
>>155572994
>>155573028
>>155573065
>>155573115
I seriously hope someone beats the shit out of you until you start bleeding.
Human trash like you doesn't deserve to live.
>>
>>155573038
Yes, it was, I had one hand busy with my dick and I had to take a shower before going to move my motorcycle because they're cleaning the road and they would impound it otherwise.
You guys are pieces of shit with no trust.

Why the fuck would I say I bought it if I didn't actually buy it?
>>
>>155573115
I'm not "from" /g/, and practically everyone on 4chan uses at least two boards.
>>
>>155573139
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>155573143
Why would you even say that you bought in the first place?

No one gave a fuck until you brought it up. Stand by your own opinions no matter how shit they are.
>>
>>155573124
Some dumb faggot posted that shit at the exact same time I proved I own it.
>>
>>155573124
He should be proud of helping shit up this thread.
>>
>>155573183
My opinions are never wrong because I don't have opinions, I declare facts that everyone can see.
Thread posts: 635
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.